Guide to Upgrading Qtek 8310 to the Latest (2.0.9.0) AKU2 ROM

Guest mfurse

Guest xavierjohn22

after successful installation qtek 8310 ROM is apps lock? IS this for real? I cant install new cabs that are not signed? Is QTEK ROM 8310 not yet decertify? Doesnt sound like qtek or it is just me?

Guest fraccaro
Mobile Internet Explorer now has far better scrolling support (pressing 2 and 8 rapid scrolls a page at a time), the comms manager is improved to allow you to switch gprs off when its not needed, it seems quicker to connect to my WLAN (like 3 secs now instead of 30+), IE now supports frames, bluetooth stack actually talks to all my friends phones now instead of bombing, media player seems a little quicker...this is all I've spotted so far.

If you'd like these things then go for it...but if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

A2DP Bluetooth stereo is not supported by default but can be enabled fairly easily using the attached Tornado_A2DP.zip package from XDA-Developers.com, but please note again - I am not responsbile if it doesn't work or worse - it breaks your phone!

Matt

Can the A2DP package be installed without upgrading the ROM?

Should I choose to upgrade the ROM, will Sprite back-up my phone's original ROM should I want to revert to the old ROM after I upgrade?

Thanks.

Guest Chris b.a.r.f.
after successful installation qtek 8310 ROM is apps lock? IS this for real? I cant install new cabs that are not signed? Is QTEK ROM 8310 not yet decertify? Doesnt sound like qtek or it is just me?

Just follow the decert routine here:

http://www.modaco.com/Cingular_2125_Everyt...ow-t235408.html

The applock's always reinstated after installing a ROM upgrade.

Guest sporkguy
Can the A2DP package be installed without upgrading the ROM?

Should I choose to upgrade the ROM, will Sprite back-up my phone's original ROM should I want to revert to the old ROM after I upgrade?

Thanks.

No & No.

Guest Coolhorn
Mobile Internet Explorer now has far better scrolling support (pressing 2 and 8 rapid scrolls a page at a time), the comms manager is improved to allow you to switch gprs off when its not needed, it seems quicker to connect to my WLAN (like 3 secs now instead of 30+), IE now supports frames, bluetooth stack actually talks to all my friends phones now instead of bombing, media player seems a little quicker...this is all I've spotted so far.

Matt

I thought I read somewhere that the memory problem with sending/receiving MMS has been improved as well...at least that's what the initial reports were when the I-mate firmware updates first came out.

That has been one of my biggest gripes with the 8310 so far...I have an unlimited messaging plan, and almost every other time I try to send or receive a picture or video message, I get the "insufficient memory to send message...please clear some memory and try again" error message. :) I have a 2 gb mini SD card, but there doesn't seem to be a way to have the MMS saved to the memory card. It also sucks to have to empty the browser cache AT LEAST once a day to improve my odds at being able to send/receive a picture message...

Back to the ROM upgrade...I have an 8310 that I bought from an Ebay seller who works for Microsoft, so I'm not really worried about "voiding" any warranties. I didn't know that I couldn't use myqtek.com until after I bought my phone and entered the IMEI number...I probably should have bought the I-mate instead, oh well.

I will try and make sure I've got everything important either backed up or saved onto the memory card before I try it.

I am currently running ROM version: 1.0.7.0 and Operator version: 1.5.312.6

I am hoping to try the "to_dan_eur_2090_253121_020900_ship.exe" version that seems to be working so well for posters so far...however, when I start up the Installshield Wizard, the "Read Me" file can't be found. Does anyone have that document that I could check out before I try the upgrade? Thanks!

Edited by Coolhorn

Guest kamelryttarn

I got my new 8310 yesterday and now Im trying to install apps on it. I try to unlock it but it wont work. I can run the regeditor just fine but when I try to change any values I can't. I have run the SDA unlock application software and it said that my phone could not be unlocked.

ROM: 2.0.9.0

OP: 2.5.321.2

Radio: 413.1.04_02.09.00

This is all I know. Do you guys have any good ideas for a newbie?

Guest telugite

After upgrading my t-mobile sda (USA) with qtek 8300 2.0.9.0 ROM

I am not able to some tweaks like remapping buttons and

not able to install applications like maniac's auto key lock

what should i do to be able do the ablove.

thanks for your advice

Guest dgpulos

I am currently running

ROM version: 1.0.7.0 and

Operator version: 1.5.312.6

My phone's came with these languages build in: Nederlands, Portugues (Portugal), Italiano, Espanol, Turkce, Cestina, Deutsch, Greek, US English and Francais

Do you guys know what ROM should i use to keep the same languages, Greek and English are the two that i really need in the phone.

Thnk you

Dimitris

• 3 weeks later...
Guest tamanaco
Has anyone that bought an Qtek 8310 from Mad Monkey Boys found an "official" site to download the new ROM? I was told that my "official" support site was http://www.qtekcorp.com/, but this site does not have the ROM available for download. When I enter my IMEI number the site directs me a repair shop some where in Europe. I'm in the US. I've looked at the first post, but I can not download the ROM from that site using my IMEI. Anyway, I'd like to get an officially supported ROM and install it in a way that won't void my warranty.

Anyone?

Edit: Oops... I thought I was posting in HowardForums. Well, maybe someone here knows what I should do.

I finally got a hold of a ROM that installed flawlessly in the 8310 that I bought from Mad Monkey Boy. The ROM Ver. 2.5.312.1 with the new Comm Mgr and support for push email .The file is called 8310.zip (33 MB) and can be downloaded for 7 days starting 07/06/06. Unzip and run the installation program which will guide you with the installation process. Note that the install takes a long time Approx 8 min. Be patient.

You can get the file here: http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?acti...28E007754DF0A62

This file 8310.zip was placed there by the folks at Sound Solutions that apparently are the distributors of the Qtek 8310 that were sold by MMB.

I hope this helps a couple folks

Guest Coolhorn

I successfully used the "to_dan_eur_2090_253121_020900_ship.exe" file myself several weeks ago to upgrade my 8310 that I bought off Ebay from a Microsoft employee. I think that the ROM and operator versions were identical to what dgpulos has and that you listed earlier for yourself as well...

They now show up for me as ROM version 2.0.9.0 and operator version 2.5.312.1

:) Life is good...I'm glad you had success as well.

(FYI, the link you posted on HoFo is showing that the download page cannot be found...the one you posted here works)

Edited by Coolhorn

Guest tamanaco
(FYI, the link you posted on HoFo is showing that the download page cannot be found...the one you posted here works)

Thanks... I re-posted the link in HoFo

Guest dearsina

I just tried to apply the "to_dan_eur_2090_253121_020900_ship.exe" upgrade to my SDA II, and it crashed at 71%. I now have a very expensive paper weight. This might seem obvious to some, but if it doesn't, don't try the upgrade with the SDA II.

Guest Pondrew

Hate to say it Dearsina but the SDA II is an HTC Hurricane and the rom you tried was for an HTC Tornado device. I'd have been amazed if the result was any different.

Awarner sacrificed his SPV C550 (HTC Hurricane) proving that it won't take a rom intended for an OMAP 850 device (in that case the WM5 XDA Phone based on the HTC Douton - closely related to the HTC Tornado). Apparently once the rom update goes wrong the bootloader is corrupted and only the attentions of a proper service centre will bring it back from its expensive paperweight state...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dgpulos
I successfully used the "to_dan_eur_2090_253121_020900_ship.exe" file myself several weeks ago to upgrade my 8310 that I bought off Ebay from a Microsoft employee. I think that the ROM and operator versions were identical to what dgpulos has and that you listed earlier for yourself as well...

They now show up for me as ROM version 2.0.9.0 and operator version 2.5.312.1

:) Life is good...I'm glad you had success as well.

Hi there

i was reading your post and i like to find out what languages come with that 2.0.9.0 ROM. My ROM under Settings/Regional Settings/ Languages has: Nederlands, Portugues, Italian, Espanol, Turkce, Cestina, Deutsch, Greek, US English and Francais. And under Regional Settings/ Locale: there are a lot versions of those languages above.

I really need the greek and english languages.

Any help will be great.

thank you

Guest Coolhorn
Hi there

i was reading your post and i like to find out what languages come with that 2.0.9.0 ROM. My ROM under Settings/Regional Settings/ Languages has: Nederlands, Portugues, Italian, Espanol, Turkce, Cestina, Deutsch, Greek, US English and Francais. And under Regional Settings/ Locale: there are a lot versions of those languages above.

I really need the greek and english languages.

Any help will be great.

thank you

It appears to me that the languages are the same as yours...

There are 10 options total, in a different order than you have them listed here, but they are all included.

Hope that helps! :)

Edited by Coolhorn

Guest killerost

After upgrading my Imate sp5m to the latest dangaard qtek 8300 firmare (2.0.9.0) my joystick, who I tought were ready for service since it was almost impossible to move down, started to work flawlessly. Is it really possible that a firmware upgrade can solve something like that?

Guest dgpulos
After upgrading my Imate sp5m to the latest dangaard qtek 8300 firmare (2.0.9.0) my joystick, who I tought were ready for service since it was almost impossible to move down, started to work flawlessly. Is it really possible that a firmware upgrade can solve something like that?

I hope thats true because i start having problems lately with my joystick going down as well.

Guest cooldudeny

hi i m having a problem i was installing the new rom and it went upto like 92% when my computer showed the error program needs to be closed and since then my sda is lying dead it dont even start or anything

what should i do? or is my sda gone bad and cant be fixed please help?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest xSilverFox

batal - yes the QTek 8300 Rom works on the T-Mobile SDA phone.

I followed the steps outlined at http://tech.bryandavis.net/, which are based off of mfurse's Qtek 8310.

Thanks to mfurse and Bryan

(mine also looked like it locked at 93% and on the phone the progress turned to red instead of green. I waited and about 4-5 mins later it continued the upgrade)

Everything works great..

It took me awhile to reunlock the phone and find how to change the shortcut links.

The steps I took to unlock the phone.

For some reason the regeditSTG.exe file would not copy to the phone after flashing. Just a a lark I copied over the zip and then extracted it on the phone .... that worked.

next I followed the same registry steps that unlocked the phone to install the update.

This allowed me to run the SDA_ApplicationUnlock.exe (not sure if needed, but did it anyway)

And now able to run unsigned apps.

To change the shortcut lnks, I used cenotepad.exe as explained at http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=858861

yes it worked even though the windows dir is read only

The only annoyance that I have is that the carrier always show "Get More...".

If anyone how to fix this it would be greatly appreciated.

Just wanted to give some back to those that gave to me.

Edited by xSilverFox

• 2 weeks later...