'Sniper!' Testing Places Full! Completely Full So Dont Even Ask!

Guest greenturtle

Guest conan_troutman
Like you said above: We're GUYS!!! ;)

This one is for your lady beta testers (if there are any? :) )

B)

Noticed that Registration feature actually provides you with a unique code now :) ! Trying to keep that on the low down were you Ifor :D ? lol

Another thing that may be to do with the hide feature; if you have Sniper open and you press Home button, how do you get back into Sniper? I have to kill the process in SP Task Manager and relaunch - sometimes requries a phone reboot.

James

what version are you using i have not seen the hide feature since about the third beta

but that what all the fuss is overe we need the hide option but we need it to work with out having to do what you do now to recall sniper

hence the will it wont make it senario

Hope it does though....

Guest jameshpg
Hi James,

Some of the testers have girlfriends/wives who are trying Sniper, some of them have noted that Sniper is a little Macho. Just trying to appeal to the widest audience ;-)

On that note, I've made no secret of the fact that Sniper is going to be a commercial product when released. It won't be expensive (probably just over a fiver, in pounds, but I'd like some return for all my hard work.

...Ifor

Hey man,

I wasn't dissing you or the program and I understand that you have worked hard on this. I think its great to see developers actually caring about their customers and extensively beta testing to get good feedback before they release a product.

:) Sorry ;)

James

:)

Guest iforevans
Hey man,

I wasn't dissing you or the program and I understand that you have worked hard on this. I think its great to see developers actually caring about their customers and extensively beta testing to get good feedback before they release a product.

:) Sorry ;)

James

:)

No worries, I wasn't giving you a hard time! Sorry if it came across that way :-)

...Ifor

Guest iforevans

Hi Guys,

RC1 of Sniper has been released to the testers.

The Hide feature did not make it sorry. I have managed to get Sniper to hide and reshow properly itself if an incoming message/file arrives but I can't find a way to get back to the program once its hidden without a msg arriving.

I will continue to investigate as I know it's possible, so maybe a 1.1 release :-)

I will be checking the thread for bug reports over the next few days but not as often I have some mates coming over from London and won't be able to work while they are here :-(

...Ifor

Guest conan_troutman

ok I can live with out the hide feature for now but why oh why hve the recieved files folder in the programm folder please please move it or have a set up that allows us to move it to a more secure place like Storage card/ my documents

PLEASE!!!

Guest iforevans
ok I can live with out the hide feature for now but why oh why hve the recieved files folder in the programm folder please please move it or have a set up that allows us to move it to a more secure place like Storage card/ my documents

PLEASE!!!

Aaaargh... I forgot that! It will be in RC 2

:-)

Guest iforevans

Hi Guys,

Quick release has been sent out to address the issue I forgot of moving the default received files folder to the My Documents folder instead of being in Snipers folder in the Program Files Folder.

Released version is 1.0.114 Release Candidate 2

Cheers

...Ifor

Guest chelttown
Hi Guys,

Quick release has been sent out to address the issue I forgot of moving the default received files folder to the My Documents folder instead of being in Snipers folder in the Program Files Folder.

Released version is 1.0.114 Release Candidate 2

Cheers

...Ifor

The new release does not have the skins included, was this intended. Also there isnt a menaingful error mesage when the programe cannot find the skins.

Cheers

Chris

Guest iforevans
The new release does not have the skins included, was this intended. Also there isnt a menaingful error mesage when the programe cannot find the skins.

Cheers

Chris

No this was not intended, although I would claim it if I thought I could get away with it ;-)

It was an oversight, thanks for the catch. I have just sent out RC2 again, with the skins, hopefully, attached.

...Ifor

Guest conan_troutman

ok I have noticed you have moved sniper recievedfiles to the My Documents folder

but...

as a Program that is supposedly trying to sell to people to be a program that is able to store incoming beams onto the STORAGE CARD as well as other cools stuff shouldn,t the recievedfiles folder be on the storage card....I have a my documents folder on my storage card maybe others do too I haven't had chance to invade the registry but maybe you could some how attache a reg entry that directs you to the recievedfiles folder so you can place it anywhere you like

after all you could do that on the first eddition beta and many people might not want to set up the further incoming foleders

hope that makes sense to you and others

Guest conan_troutman

please all of you forgive me for this small compliant

the big idea behind sniper at first was was bluejacking and the ability to save incoming beams to card thus saving sopace on the pitifully small amount of storage available on some WM5 devices

therefor placing the recievedfilses folder in my documents seams to make one of the biggest selling points of this program redundant

there for it is my request that it be placed on the storage card

I ahve a My Documenst folder on my storage card as i think so do many others it could be placed here or diractly to the storage card to cover all bases for those that dont,

but here the gripe from the begining we could choose where that folder would be for all incoming since adding the selective incoming so as to have jpegs go one place wavs another and wmv somewhere else

the ability to have anything we may have overlooked go to the memory card is no longer possible

so how about creating a reg entry to allow us to direct the recievedfiles folder to where we wnat it

after all how many people will actually set up the filters to capture everything possible coming to the phone.

I my self havent bothered at all since I trialed it I just want simplicity

install device have beams going to a folder on storage card

decide moblue or sniper well sniper as all the other added stuff so it wins hands down

but...oh no now to get it to work I have to spend days setting it up correctly, my beams keep going to my phone jamming my memory

what am I doing wrong sod this i go get a refund and get moblue

NO we will not lose to moblue

recievedfiles needs to be present on storage card also needs to be movable to where we want it

then I think version one is ready to go

apart from the option tosend sniper as a trial to others has now gone too

thanks for listening

Guest jameshpg

Hi Ifor,

What does the 'Update' feature do in the 'Manage Received Files' menu?

Thanks. New release is looking very impressive.

Keep it up eh?

James

Guest leethacker

Hmmmm ... Sniper does still crash my phone when I try to cancel Bluejacks, File Transfers or Message sends. :D

I also notice that in Bluejacking mode Sniper writes "Bluejacked xy" even if the other phone was definitely NOT bluejacked!

I also noticed in Bluejacking Mode that Sniper writes "Bluejacked + Adress of the device". Wouldnt it be much better if Sniper wrote "Bluejacked + Name of the device (for Example "leethackers phone" instead of the crazy nonsense device address :) )"?

And last but not least ... I still cant receive any huge files to the storage card. That is a "must have" in my opinion that makes V1.0 worth its money. And this definitely has to be added to V1.0 if you dont want people complain about the program, like they did with MoBlue that totally failed because of this non existent feature. When people are allowed to send files to a big storage card, they will want to transfer huge files to it. And if the buy a program, they expect that it just works. Point. ;) :)

Jep, that are my main concerns so far ...

Guest jameshpg
Hmmmm ... Sniper does still crash my phone when I try to cancel Bluejacks, File Transfers or Message sends. :)

I also notice that in Bluejacking mode Sniper writes "Bluejacked xy" even if the other phone was definitely NOT bluejacked!

I also noticed in Bluejacking Mode that Sniper writes "Bluejacked + Adress of the device". Wouldnt it be much better if Sniper wrote "Bluejacked + Name of the device (for Example "leethackers phone" instead of the crazy nonsense device address :) )"?

Jep, that are my main concerns so far ...

I have exactly the same problem with the phone crashing when you try and cancel - which doesn't work most of the time. Also, I agree with your point about the name rather than code; not just for practicality but also because the code takes up two lines some times!

James

Guest iforevans
please all of you forgive me for this small compliant

the big idea behind sniper at first was was bluejacking and the ability to save incoming beams to card thus saving sopace on the pitifully small amount of storage available on some WM5 devices

therefor placing the recievedfilses folder in my documents seams to make one of the biggest selling points of this program redundant

there for it is my request that it be placed on the storage card

I ahve a My Documenst folder on my storage card as i think so do many others it could be placed here or diractly to the storage card to cover all bases for those that dont,

but here the gripe from the begining we could choose where that folder would be for all incoming since adding the selective incoming so as to have jpegs go one place wavs another and wmv somewhere else

the ability to have anything we may have overlooked go to the memory card is no longer possible

so how about creating a reg entry to allow us to direct the recievedfiles folder to where we wnat it

after all how many people will actually set up the filters to capture everything possible coming to the phone.

I my self havent bothered at all since I trialed it I just want simplicity

install device have beams going to a folder on storage card

decide moblue or sniper well sniper as all the other added stuff so it wins hands down

but...oh no now to get it to work I have to spend days setting it up correctly, my beams keep going to my phone jamming my memory

what am I doing wrong sod this i go get a refund and get moblue

NO we will not lose to moblue

recievedfiles needs to be present on storage card also needs to be movable to where we want it

then I think version one is ready to go

apart from the option tosend sniper as a trial to others has now gone too

thanks for listening

Right, I give up ;-) There is only one way to make you guys happy and that is to make *everything* configurable. The next release will allow you to put your default recieved folder wherever you want it.

Sniper was never intended to be a moBlue replacement, it is more about social networking ie messaging/chat etc over Personal Area networks i.e. BlueTooth. The receiving files part was an extra bonus feature. The reason i bring this up is that Sniper V1 when released will *not* be able to handle files larger than the phones memory. This is because the API that I used (and the writer of moBlue) doesn't allow it.

If Sniper is popular, I am going to either write my own BlueTooth API or use a diferent one that costs a *lot* more more money. Either way I have to see if Sniper is popular before making that much of an investment in time/money. Then we can have big file transfers, progress bars, all that good stuff in V2.

The Canceling issue in Bluejacking I am working on a fix :-)

Cheers guys, I really appreciate all the feedback. I want Sniper to be the product you all do too and all the feedback, good and bad is pushing me onwards!

...Ifor

PS Dr Who finale & England v Paraguay .... i can barely contain myself enough to code ;-)

Guest dexter_roos

This is just a small poll. I'm just curious. What do you guys want more? A program that is cool (with nice graphics/butons/animated gifs/etc), but with a bigger size OR a no graphics, simple program very low sized ?

Sorry for my english, i'm from Romania ;-)

Thx,

Victor

Guest conan_troutman

Dr who finale & Engerland ( say it with me En-Ger-Land )Vs paraguay to the refs no he's a time lord thus can go back and move prople into the right spot seting up those betiful peices

I just thought Engerland worked worked worked to get them right when actually sven had a time lord up his sleeve

EN_GER_LAND!!!

I hate football me

Guest conan_troutman

I want a program that has some great feature with some great looks that will get people interested so the developers can make money inoreder to plow it back in to make it better so in the end you end up with both.

how ever deciding the right path is difficult...I think Ifor is taking the right path he is making it look good with some great features all be it limited features due to API

BUT the fact that he has decided to make it fully customable will be very appealing after all you buy a smartphone for the customisation and modding you can do.

I think this is a wise wise choice to make and a bloody hard one too

I think he's a super star for trying to fit all this stuff into a small package

I jsut hope he realises the addvice I offer is in the best intentions of creating an applet that I think wil sell and not think I am jsut picking on him

and when he wants to make the greatest applet ever invented fo a PPC/smartphone I have a killer of an idea but thats onother matter altogether...

Guest iforevans

>>how ever deciding the right path is difficult...I think Ifor is taking the right path he is making it look good >>with some great features all be it limited features due to API

*thanks*

>>BUT the fact that he has decided to make it fully customable will be very appealing after all you buy a >>smartphone for the customisation and modding you can do.

*I hope so!*

>>I think this is a wise wise choice to make and a bloody hard one too

>>I think he's a super star for trying to fit all this stuff into a small package

*whoo-hoo*

>>I jsut hope he realises the addvice I offer is in the best intentions of creating an applet that I think wil sell >>and not think I am jsut picking on him

*I most certainly do!*

>>and when he wants to make the greatest applet ever invented fo a PPC/smartphone I have a killer of an >>idea but thats onother matter altogether...

heh heh, lets talk, always on the lookout for the next idea :-)

...Ifor

Guest iforevans

Hi Guys,

Quick release just sent out, 1.0.119 RC3. I discovered some issues with the UI updating incorrectly during a file/msg receive last night. This release contains a fix for that.

Also, especially for conan_troutman so he won't give me a Dr Who spoiler ;-), this release makes the default Received files location configurable.

If you go to manage Incomimg FileTypes, you will see an entry in the list called "Default". This points to the "my Documents" folder *BUT* you can change that to be wherever the hell ya want :-D

Enjoy

...Ifor

Guest iforevans

Sorry, sorry, sorry ..... sorry.

I accidently left some debug code in the last release to fake not being able to find a skin ;-(

Please unisntall and use version 1.0.121 RC3 just sent out.

Also check out the fancy new About page (thanks Victor)

...Ifor

Guest badboy4life

I have been testing version 1.0.116 on the Vario and can now recieve messages, however they do not make much sense. I recieved a note from a N70 just saying 'hello' and it appears as '??H'. See attached.

Also when i rotate the screen a box outline appears, only 240 wide not 320 and then a scroll bar appears down the side. See attached.

As mentioned by others in previous posts it crashes when I cancel bluejacking.

The 'send msg' and 'send file' does nothing on my device, worked fine in earlier beta's not sure when it stopped, but was a few versions back before going to RC, haven't been able to test every version.

Hope this helps, look forward to a final release.

post-2240-1149794166_thumb.png

Guest conan_troutman
No problem ! Just for fun :)

ok the good news love the custom placing of the default incoming the about screen is cool the skin option is great the messaging feature I love to bits sending files rocks

but... bluejacking needs looking at

1. the feature is not able to disconnect it bluejacked the same albeit only phone in the room 4 times (Actually it didn't it reported that it did when in fact it didn't do it once)

2. stopping the bluejack feature causes program to lock/Freeze you have to kill it in task manager

3. some one else mentioned this but the report would be better with the device name shown rather than BT address

also as something to look at for version 2 the ability to pick a message or file you want to bluejack with then set up a timer to scan and send say every 10, 20, 30. minutes

Guest iforevans
I have been testing version 1.0.116 on the Vario and can now recieve messages, however they do not make much sense. I recieved a note from a N70 just saying 'hello' and it appears as '??H'. See attached.

Also when i rotate the screen a box outline appears, only 240 wide not 320 and then a scroll bar appears down the side. See attached.

As mentioned by others in previous posts it crashes when I cancel bluejacking.

The 'send msg' and 'send file' does nothing on my device, worked fine in earlier beta's not sure when it stopped, but was a few versions back before going to RC, haven't been able to test every version.

Hope this helps, look forward to a final release.

Aaah, I forgot about devices that can change orientation! I just need to readjust the app when a resize event happens. Shouldn't be a problem.

When you say Send file/msg does nothing are there any devices showing up in the scanner window? An auto scan used to happen a few betas back but to allow acess to the scan settings option it is now a manual process.

Press the scan button, select a discovered device in the window (if there are any) THEN try send msg/file to that device. Let me know if that works.

Try saving the message from the Nokia as a text file to your received files folder instead of as a msg in the inbox, then have a look at the file and see if the issue is the same.

*If possible post the file up here so I can have a look at it*

Cheers

...Ifor