'Sniper!' Testing Places Full! Completely Full So Dont Even Ask!

Guest greenturtle

Guest iforevans
ok the good news love the custom placing of the default incoming the about screen is cool the skin option is great the messaging feature I love to bits sending files rocks

but... bluejacking needs looking at

1. the feature is not able to disconnect it bluejacked the same albeit only phone in the room 4 times (Actually it didn't it reported that it did when in fact it didn't do it once)

2. stopping the bluejack feature causes program to lock/Freeze you have to kill it in task manager

3. some one else mentioned this but the report would be better with the device name shown rather than BT address

also as something to look at for version 2 the ability to pick a message or file you want to bluejack with then set up a timer to scan and send say every 10, 20, 30. minutes

Hi mate. Yeah the bluejacking issue I am looking into. Its a tough one to solve, but I'm working on it.

Glad you liked the other stuff :-)

Good idea for V2!

...Ifor

Guest iforevans
I have been testing version 1.0.116 on the Vario and can now recieve messages, however they do not make much sense. I recieved a note from a N70 just saying 'hello' and it appears as '??H'. See attached.

Also when i rotate the screen a box outline appears, only 240 wide not 320 and then a scroll bar appears down the side. See attached.

As mentioned by others in previous posts it crashes when I cancel bluejacking.

The 'send msg' and 'send file' does nothing on my device, worked fine in earlier beta's not sure when it stopped, but was a few versions back before going to RC, haven't been able to test every version.

Hope this helps, look forward to a final release.

Oh yes, and please move up to 1.0.121 which I sent out a few hours ago, quite a few bug fixes in that one. The issue of weird looking messages may already have been solved.

...ifor

Guest badboy4life
When you say Send file/msg does nothing are there any devices showing up in the scanner window? An auto scan used to happen a few betas back but to allow acess to the scan settings option it is now a manual process.

Press the scan button, select a discovered device in the window (if there are any) THEN try send msg/file to that device. Let me know if that works.

Oops...Yeah if i scan for devices first works fine.

I will try the transfer again when i get a chance, hopefully later today. I tried sending a msg and file to a pocket pc and desktop and both seem to generate a 'bad response' error, not quite sure what that is or if sniper is capable of sending to these devices.

One last request, it would be nice if on exit if would give you options to disable bluetooth.

Guest dexter_roos
One last request, it would be nice if on exit if would give you options to disable bluetooth.

Yeah... I like that !!! That can be useful... Good point !

...Victor

Guest iforevans

I will try the transfer again when i get a chance, hopefully later today. I tried sending a msg and file to a pocket pc and desktop and both seem to generate a 'bad response' error, not quite sure what that is or if sniper is capable of sending to these devices.

Pocket PC's definatley. Just make sure that BlueTooth is on, and if the device is NOT running Sniper that the

'receive Incoming Beams' checkbox is ticked in Settings->Beam

If the device IS running Sniper make sure that 'receive Incoming Beams' is NOT checked.

Also, You'll be gald to know i just tested Sniper on an 8125 (which can change screen orientations) and the new code I put in to ensure that Sniper is aware when the screen orientation changes works great!

That will be in the next release.

Cheers

...Ifor

Guest conan_troutman

i Like the exit disable bluetooth option too i like the hide don't disable it too....

Oh just let it go will you...

no I wont...

want me me to stick the phone up you:

HMM thats quite enough of that.

sorry Guys in case you have noticed I'm ambidextrous....

you mean schitsofrenic...

that what i said ambi-frenic

Guest iforevans
i Like the exit disable bluetooth option too i like the hide don't disable it too....

Oh just let it go will you...

no I wont...

want me me to stick the phone up you:

HMM thats quite enough of that.

sorry Guys in case you have noticed I'm ambidextrous....

you mean schitsofrenic...

that what i said ambi-frenic

heh heh .... shades of Smeagol, yes my precious ... nassty little hobitsess ...

Guest badboy4life

I have tried the latest beta, the messages still appear to be strange, they have the first letter then ??.

I received the file as a text and have attached the file. It views ok in windows but doesn't on the ppc based text viewers (Resco internal viewer and Tillanosoft notepad).

Look forward to the screen autoswitching the resolution.

Hello.txt

Guest iforevans
I have tried the latest beta, the messages still appear to be strange, they have the first letter then ??.

I received the file as a text and have attached the file. It views ok in windows but doesn't on the ppc based text viewers (Resco internal viewer and Tillanosoft notepad).

Look forward to the screen autoswitching the resolution.

Ok good news, it's not just Sniper ;-) Bad news I haveno idea what the problem is yet ... I'll investigate.

Cheers

...Ifor

Guest iforevans

Hi Guys,

release 1.0.127 RC4 just sent out. I've done a lot of work on the BlueJacking feature. It's not quite perfect yet, but it's getting there.

If bluejacking fails, you will get the correct error message. Stopping now works almost perfectly, the only issue is if someone fails to aknowledge a transfer, Sniper will still wait for them. But I'm working on this issue as well.

Cheers ..

...Ifor

Guest conan_troutman

qhuick question what has changed in the device id script

since the register option was added i always had a device code which was similar to (but not exact my memory anit that good)

123467c65F

now it since RC2 it only reads 00000000000

surely something is amiss here.

Guest dexter_roos

since the register option was added i always had a device code which was similar to (but not exact my memory anit that good)

123467c65F

Hey Ifor,

Why don't you give us some registration codes (that expire shortly) to try the Registration feature too. If is not working proprely many of the buyers will be.... i think... pissed off :)

I think it will be better to give us diffrent reg codes, not the same code for all...

Regards, Victor

Guest UrsusBlue
Only a few more days to wait, we are in the very final stages now.

...Ifor

::Pulls up a chair and waits::

Edited by UrsusBlue

Guest jameshpg

Hi Ifor,

Just to give you a heads up that Sniper still doesn't update your bluetooth power profile. If you have bluetooth off and then go to the scanner where you are reminded to turn bluetooth on - which you do...then when you back to the main screen and go to Bluetooth>Poweroff is still ticked.

Also, if you start with bluetooth off and try the Scanner where you are reminded to turn it on, you can Select 'Off' and it will still try and scan!!!

Maybe you should leave out the 'Off' option so people have to turn it on.

james

Guest iforevans

123467c65F

Nothing badly amiss, just a small oversight. The id will only show up if the BT radio is on. Try switching it on and going to the regoistration page.

...Ifor

Guest iforevans
Hi Ifor,

Just to give you a heads up that Sniper still doesn't update your bluetooth power profile. If you have bluetooth off and then go to the scanner where you are reminded to turn bluetooth on - which you do...then when you back to the main screen and go to Bluetooth>Poweroff is still ticked.

Also, if you start with bluetooth off and try the Scanner where you are reminded to turn it on, you can Select 'Off' and it will still try and scan!!!

Maybe you should leave out the 'Off' option so people have to turn it on.

james

Hi James, yep, still getting around to that one. Top of the list once I get bluejacking working properly.

Cheers

...Ifor

Guest iforevans
This wasn't here... Is this good or bad...

...Victor

Dunno, let me look into that. Don't think it should be there. Might be from an old beta though.

...Ifor

Guest iforevans

I think I may have clue. Symbian (which nokia & sony-errissons use) uses two bytes at the start of the file to denote the file type. Windows uses the file extension. Somehow the trasnfer is not stripping those two byes, so windows on your ppc is seeing a weird start to the file.

I've dug out my old p800 to see if it happens with it too. Strange thing is that most nokia seem to work ok.

BTW did you try the new release? 1.0.127 this should be aware when you change the screen orientation now!

...Ifor

Guest iforevans
I think I may have clue. Symbian (which nokia & sony-errissons use) uses two bytes at the start of the file to denote the file type. Windows uses the file extension. Somehow the trasnfer is not stripping those two byes, so windows on your ppc is seeing a weird start to the file.

I've dug out my old p800 to see if it happens with it too. Strange thing is that most nokia seem to work ok.

BTW did you try the new release? 1.0.127 this should be aware when you change the screen orientation now!

...Ifor

Ok, good news! If I send a note from the Jotter app on my old P800 usinf BlueTooth I get the same two weird chars at the start of the message.

Why is this *good* news? Well, if I can reproduce it, I have a chance of fixing it ;-)

...ifor

Guest iforevans
Ok, good news! If I send a note from the Jotter app on my old P800 usinf BlueTooth I get the same two weird chars at the start of the message.

Why is this *good* news? Well, if I can reproduce it, I have a chance of fixing it ;-)

...ifor

Ok, I know what the issue is and it's a little more complicated that the two byte symbian file type marker, in fact that's not the issue at all ;-)

The message is coming over as Unicode not ascii. I think I'll have a fix in place later today :-)

...Ifor

Guest conan_troutman

oops theres my device code but odd it only works with ~BT on maybe you should add a note advising of this???

Guest iforevans
oops theres my device code but odd it only works with ~BT on maybe you should add a note advising of this???

I'm going to make the form switch it on so there will always be an id then switch back to whatever mode you were in before leaving the registration form.

...ifor