'Sniper!' Testing Places Full! Completely Full So Dont Even Ask!

Guest greenturtle

Guest conan_troutman

cool sounds great I saw your post on mobipocket so i downloaded it what a find I got some heavy reading to be doing soon

sorted the guys problem for him too

now sniper is going to be part of my book share

fantastic

Guest iforevans

Hi Guys,

Ok, Sniper 1.0.130 RC4 has been sent out to the testers.

This version is mainly a fix for maximum interoperability with non windows mobile devices i.e. Symbian type phones.

Those guys who have experienced truncated messages with weird chars at the start this is for you.

So, if you click on one of these messages in your inbox or go to the Messages menu with one selected you will see an new option called FIX.

Selecting this will pop up a form where you can try any of several difernt encoding options until you get one that makes sense of the msg. Clicking OK will save the message in the readable form. I did it this was as it seems the most flxible and gives the best chances of being able to read messages from some device I've never heard of ;-)

*PLEASE* let me know if this fixes the issue for you. I can now receive and *fix* messages from a P800 :-)

Also, Sniper should now always show the corrrect BlueTooth status in the BlueTooth menu :-)

No comments about the enhanced BlueJacking??? Is it all good for you guys now?

Enjoy.

...Ifor

PS Attached screenshots of Sniper fixing messages! :-)

post-170252-1149869935_thumb.jpg

Edited by iforevans

Guest iforevans
cool sounds great I saw your post on mobipocket so i downloaded it what a find I got some heavy reading to be doing soon

sorted the guys problem for him too

now sniper is going to be part of my book share

fantastic

Nice! I've got about 400 books, always in my pocket ... love that App. Wish I'd written it ;-)

Guest leethacker
The bluejacking stop button works brilliantly! a bit of a delay but at least i dont have to restart my phone each time :)

Yea, bluejacking is pretty much perfect now. Now only the issue when someone does not accept a file has to be ressolved and then I think the bluejacking function in finally final. :)

Guest conan_troutman

agreed i have same problem i blue jsacked my wifes phone dozen times becouse when she doesnt accept (her bluetooth was not set to allow incoming at all) it reports a successful send then tries do do her again reports a successfull send then tries again.

it even does so when it successfully sneds the blue jack is there a way so that it scans sends or attempts to send then when it re scans if all it finds is th address of those it has already tried to jack it stops automatically

otherwise it will just run and run and run

my blue jack screen if left unattended looks like this

scanning...

found 1 devices

laptop

scanning...

found 1 devices

laptop

scanning...

found 1 devices

laptop

scanning...

found 1 devices

laptop

scanning...

found 1 devices

laptop

scanning...

found 1 devices

laptop

scanning...

found 1 devices

laptop

scanning...

found 1 devices

laptop

scanning...

found 1 devices

laptop

scanning...

found 1 devices

laptop

scanning...

found 1 devices

laptop

scanning...

found 1 devices

laptop

scanning...

found 1 devices

laptopscanning...

found 1 devices

laptop

I could go on

Guest iforevans

There will be a momentatry interruption of Service to Sniper while I

a. Shout myselft hoarse "Come On England" to the amusement of all the yanks

b. Go on my Stag night

c. Watch the F1 Grand Prix.

*then*, If I'm in any fit state, I'll see if I can resolve this little, last niggling issue with BlueJacking ..

Cheers

...Ifor

Guest iforevans
1 and 2 are good enough reasons to stop for me but 3 I thibk your pushing your luck there mate

This will hold you over ;-)

Sniper 1.0.131 RC5 has been sent out to the testers.

I am so happy that England won (no matter how badly we played) that I decided to spend an hour before going out on my stag night to have another look at the BlueJacking Stop feature.

I have put a timeout on the Stop so that even if Sniper is waiting for a response from another device, after a MAXIMUM of 30 seconds Sniper will terminate the BlueJacking thread.

Give it a try and let me know what you think.

Has anyone tried the FIX function for messages yet?

...Ifor

PS

Unless any *serious* bugs are found Sniper may be released in the next few days. My baby is all growed up ... sniffle ;-)

Edited by iforevans

Guest mini_man

Well played mate that is beautiful! bluejacking is now ultimate completley!

You can stop and it will abort sending to unaccepting devices! that is fantastic!!!!

Lol I was running a bluejack earlier and forgot to turn it off so was randomly targetting people for the next 2 hours :)

This is a great app Ifor! Amazing!

Guest iforevans
Well played mate that is beautiful! bluejacking is now ultimate completley!

You can stop and it will abort sending to unaccepting devices! that is fantastic!!!!

Lol I was running a bluejack earlier and forgot to turn it off so was randomly targetting people for the next 2 hours :)

This is a great app Ifor! Amazing!

I bet you were popular! I'm glad you like it mate! Sniper has been a labour of love :)

And now it's ready, I think, to be unleashed on an unsuspecting world ... heh heh

...Ifor

Guest conan_troutman

ok it really has taken shape can't find any faults just got a few niggles but its more the sort of thing to put in place on version 2

like set timers where you can make bluejack run for a set time and also one that will switch on in a set time and also off again

the hide feature I would like to see for version 2

was the sounds being implemented in version 1 or 2 would like to see it in 1 for incomings

also for version 2 the ability to detect if the program is bluejacking the same device and if so do a shut down

can you imagine getting the same message or file sent to you cos some idiot (Usually me) has left sniper to just sit and run and run cop they got side tracked

but like I said could wait till V2

good work ifor

one quick suggestion though how about the ability to skin each said differently ie green for inbox red for scanner blue for bluejaking or how ever the user fancies

Guest conan_troutman

spelling mistakes in post above due to using t9 and not checking so said should be page and they may be more and I cant find edit option on the mobile site version sorry

Guest iforevans
ok it really has taken shape can't find any faults just got a few niggles but its more the sort of thing to put in place on version 2

like set timers where you can make bluejack run for a set time and also one that will switch on in a set time and also off again

the hide feature I would like to see for version 2

was the sounds being implemented in version 1 or 2 would like to see it in 1 for incomings

also for version 2 the ability to detect if the program is bluejacking the same device and if so do a shut down

can you imagine getting the same message or file sent to you cos some idiot (Usually me) has left sniper to just sit and run and run cop they got side tracked

but like I said could wait till V2

good work ifor

one quick suggestion though how about the ability to skin each said differently ie green for inbox red for scanner blue for bluejaking or how ever the user fancies

Hi mate,

All of the above have been noted for V2 ;-) I'm hoping to release Sniper now on Monday, so I have a code freeze on new features, bug fixes only.

However, I'm sure you'll be one of the V2 beta testers, if only to keep me honest and make sure I don't forget anything ;-)

Right, now I'm going to watch the Dr Who finale before going out to get extremely messy. Stag night!

...Ifor

...Ifor

Guest badboy4life

Just to let you know the fix function works well, can read the messages now, but still leaves a question mark at the start, not a problem though.

Like the change on screen rotation too.

One thing I found though is that when i want to read a new message, i can't open it using the touch screen and have to use the action button, however then when the read, reply... screen appears i can't use the navigation keys but have to use the touch screen again. Bit annoying that have to keep changing between touching the screen and using the action key. Similarly when i first want to select a message to read I have to use the touch screen as the navigation key will not select a message.

Hope that makes sense, if not let me know.

Guest iforevans
Just to let you know the fix function works well, can read the messages now, but still leaves a question mark at the start, not a problem though.

Like the change on screen rotation too.

One thing I found though is that when i want to read a new message, i can't open it using the touch screen and have to use the action button, however then when the read, reply... screen appears i can't use the navigation keys but have to use the touch screen again. Bit annoying that have to keep changing between touching the screen and using the action key. Similarly when i first want to select a message to read I have to use the touch screen as the navigation key will not select a message.

Hope that makes sense, if not let me know.

Great! I think I can solve the issue of the question mark as well. That is the leading byte pair that Symbian uses to specify the file type. There will be an option to remove it on the FIX page in the final release.

The other stuff is basically because Sniper is designed to run on a Smartphone rather than a Pocket PC. There may be something I can do but it will be in a later release.

Cheers

...Ifor

Guest leethacker
??

I guess he cant wait for the release... :)

Btw: I will make a final test with current beta tomorrow and test bluejacking with some friends phones. If all works out good Sniper is pretty final. :)

Edited by leethacker

Guest leethacker

After bluejacking a bit i found a weird bug in the latest version:

After bluejack i went back to the main menu and wanted to turn off bluetooth and close sniper. but it was not possible to turn off bluetooth (phone did not react when i pressed poweroff and BOTH "poweroff" AND "connectable" were checked). A bit weird if you ask me?

Btw: How about adding a dialog when closing sniper that asks if bluetooth should be turned off if its turned on? i think it was also requested some time ago ... and its a pretty good idea if you ask me. :)

Guest jameshpg

Hi Ifor,

Sorry I haven't posted for a while, too busy trying to find bugs in your wonderful code!

I will give Sniper a really big run today and let you know this evening if there was any bugs.

Look forward to V2!

James

Guest conan_troutman
After bluejacking a bit i found a weird bug in the latest version:

After bluejack i went back to the main menu and wanted to turn off bluetooth and close sniper. but it was not possible to turn off bluetooth (phone did not react when i pressed poweroff and BOTH "poweroff" AND "connectable" were checked). A bit weird if you ask me?

Btw: How about adding a dialog when closing sniper that asks if bluetooth should be turned off if its turned on? i think it was also requested some time ago ... and its a pretty good idea if you ask me. :)

as i have bluetooth always switched on and connectable i never noticed that but a quick check confirms Lee is correct how i dealt with it was to select the one that was not ticked then the program does not apear to freeze.

hope this helps find aquick solution

cant imagine we'll see ifor in here to day hes probably naked tied to a lampost with strwberry jam smeared on is ass out side a police station....or thats what usually happens to the stag over here

Guest iforevans
as i have bluetooth always switched on and connectable i never noticed that but a quick check confirms Lee is correct how i dealt with it was to select the one that was not ticked then the program does not apear to freeze.

hope this helps find aquick solution

cant imagine we'll see ifor in here to day hes probably naked tied to a lampost with strwberry jam smeared on is ass out side a police station....or thats what usually happens to the stag over here

Hi Guys,

Sniper 1.0.136 RC5 has been sent ou to the testers. Its a quick update to fix the issue reported by leethacker. The BlueTooth status was not quite updating itself properly. Well, it should be OK now :-D

One other slight enhancement. The Fixer form now has an extra option to strip the leading character from a message if it comes though as non-viewable.

*conan_troutman*, i may be hanging upside down, covered in honey over an antpit, outside a police station, with the biggest hangover the world has ever seen, but I can still code as long as I don't have to move my head too quickly ;-)

Enjoy,

...Ifor

Guest conan_troutman
*conan_troutman*, i may be hanging upside down, covered in honey over an antpit, outside a police station,

Enjoy,

...Ifor

Have you been spying on the wife and I again ifor am going to have to an injunction out on you again

besides it wasn't honey it was treacle

Guest iforevans

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to run this passed you all. I am thinking that it would be better if when Sniper started it asked you if you wanted to be On or On & Discoverable. I can't see a reason to have Sniper running with BlueTooth off. You would still be able to switch between the two modes using the usual BlueTooth menu.

Then when you exit Sniper it asks if you want to switch BlueTooth off ort leave it on.

What do you guys think?

...Ifor