'Sniper!' Testing Places Full! Completely Full So Dont Even Ask!

Guest greenturtle

Guest iforevans
ok Bluetooth status does not update while program is running so could potentialy give false reading.

Ghost images during send text are still occuring on WM5 device Qtek 8310

scan mode still making duplicates on rescan.

Ideally wouldn't it be better to just list available devices rather than paired and available un less both paired and available device show in both list you plan on making but wouldnt that then make the paired device list a kind of redundant feature.

any thoughts on adding a profile so you could buzz people with similar interest abit like Mobiluck but with features that are actually worth using.

storage specifics you know about. hididng and rebooting still an issue

sending multiple files to computer cannot be done is the away to wrap each ticked item so it goes as one rather or is this a PC limitation.

multiple files send fine device to device.

In the next beta:-

1. the duplicates during a scan issue is fixed.

2. paired devices will be diferentiated from others by the use of diferent icons

ghost images i have yet to duplicate propely which makes it hard to fix. EXCACTLY when/where does it happen?

3. Profiles I think are a great idea, but i don't know what u mean 'feature actaulyy worth using' as i've never used mobiluck and have no idea what kind of things people are looking for?

...Ifor

Guest leethacker
ghost images i have yet to duplicate propely which makes it hard to fix. EXCACTLY when/where does it happen?
they happen every time a text is entered in sniper. and there is only one situation in sniper where text is entered: when you compose a messgage. btw: as far as i can remember you can see the ghosting problem in one of the videos in the first posting of this thread.

btw: this ghosting issue also seems only to happen on wm5 devices. i also programmed a small app with a text entry box for my SP5 one month ago, and i also had the ghosting problem there when I entered a text. but due to lack of time i did not try to find a solution. but as this seems to happen on all wm5 devices where a simple text entry box is used, there must be a fix for it! have you ever tried googling for a solution. maybe someone posted it somewhere ...

EDIT: Attached a scan of my phone where you can see the ghosting problem in the textbox ...

post-146709-1148664983_thumb.jpg

Edited by leethacker

Guest conan_troutman

sorry trying to do thids while finding a job...

to clarify your questions Ghosting occurs when entering text to send a message as i type a box opens with the T9 dictionery options in it after I finsh typing or choose the word the box closes but its image is still visible as i type the next word another T9 box opens and again leaves a ghost image eventually I cant type as all I can see is ghost images.

As for profiles

say I am at a festival which can be the case over summer I could have sniper set to scan for new devices automatically say every 10 minustes or a user defind time.

if it finds another sniper user t buzzes them and me if they have an key word in the profile setting same as mine like Say "TOOL FAN" not only does it buzz them but sends a predefind text or image

that way i could walk through the crowd and any other fellow TOOL fans would recieve say a tool Wallpaper as a gift from one fan toanother.

Loving the idea of what we can do with this application we can make it all the things Mobiluck say it can be.

you should try the three day trial of it to see what I mean.

Guest iforevans
they happen every time a text is entered in sniper. and there is only one situation in sniper where text is entered: when you compose a messgage. btw: as far as i can remember you can see the ghosting problem in one of the videos in the first posting of this thread.

btw: this ghosting issue also seems only to happen on wm5 devices. i also programmed a small app with a text entry box for my SP5 one month ago, and i also had the ghosting problem there when I entered a text. but due to lack of time i did not try to find a solution. but as this seems to happen on all wm5 devices where a simple text entry box is used, there must be a fix for it! have you ever tried googling for a solution. maybe someone posted it somewhere ...

EDIT: Attached a scan of my phone where you can see the ghosting problem in the textbox ...

It seems to be an issue with multiline txt boxes on WM5, and no i haven't managed to find anyone even talking abut the issue on google. if u find any postings let me know

...Ifor

Guest leethacker
It seems to be an issue with multiline txt boxes on WM5, and no i haven't managed to find anyone even talking abut the issue on google. if u find any postings let me know

...Ifor

Hmmm ... dont count on my ability to google. I guess the best thing you can do if google doesnt help is to ask other developers who have successfully solved this problem. Here in Modaco are some app-developers who have already made apps where this problem is solved. And maybe you can also ask greatbal. Maybe he knows also how to solve this problem. -> http://greatbal.blogspot.com/

Over at www.xda-developers.com and www.airvagev.com are also some very good programmers who are willing to help for sure.

Edited by leethacker

Guest iforevans
Hmmm ... dont count on my ability to google. I guess the best thing you can do if google doesnt help is to ask other developers who have successfully solved this problem. Here in Modaco are some app-developers who have already made apps where this problem is solved. And maybe you can also ask greatbal. Maybe he knows also how to solve this problem. -> http://greatbal.blogspot.com/

Over at www.xda-developers.com and www.airvagev.com are also some very good programmers who are willing to help for sure.

Problem solved! There is a bug with multiline edit boxes in WM5 ONLY if the edit box is full screen. The form does not render properly. I have added a box for an OPTIONAL From (you may want to use a nickname when sending msgs) field to the form and the issue has gone away. 5 hours!

Still on track for next BETA :-)

...Ifor

Guest iforevans
Problem solved! There is a bug with multiline edit boxes in WM5 ONLY if the edit box is full screen. The form does not render properly. I have added a box for an OPTIONAL From (you may want to use a nickname when sending msgs) field to the form and the issue has gone away. 5 hours!

Still on track for next BETA :-)

...Ifor

One thing to bearin mind. In order for Sniper to be able to direct incoming giles to the folder you specify you MUST uncheck "Receive Incoming Beams" in the Beam menu other wise the phone will take the incoming transmission and store it the default location. This has caught ME out today ;-)

...Ifor

Guest conan_troutman

OK the ghosting issue I am afraid to say is still happening on the Qtek 8310 WM5

list of devices still problematic I understand the green ti ck means paired

blue tick means unpaired but i still cant tell which of my paired devices I am in range of sending to

although actually studying the report you can all four paired devices report back with green ticks the two that are in range don't show local name just their address Which is then repeated behind parenthesis.

the out of range devices show local name then adress

happy to report file transfer to storage card works a treat with beams switched off

also Iwould like to see a return of the hide option when the bug is fixed.

Guest leethacker

Bugs:

* Jep, ghosting issues is still there on WM5 devices. (latest beta)

* Icon does not look that good on WM5 devices, because the resolution is too low. And because of the Win Mobile tries to upscale this nice icons which unfortuately f*cks it up.

Feature Requests:

* When a file is received a dialogue is telling me that it was received into location xy. What about including a button into this dialogue that allows me to open the file that I have received? :-)

Edited by leethacker

Guest conan_troutman
Feature Requests:

* When a file is received a dialogue is telling me that it was received into location xy. What about including a button into this dialogue that allows me to open the file that I have received? :-)

ithink thats a half a bad good idea and half a bad idea if it was some one like my wife she would accept anything and install any thing

may bey an option to take you to the destination folder would be better so you could view the full title of the item patiently befor deciding what to do.

that way you can at least recieve the file then check it over to make sure its safe.

Guest leethacker
ithink thats a half a bad good idea and half a bad idea if it was some one like my wife she would accept anything and install any thing

Sure, but would your wife buy Sniper? I guess not. Sniper is an app that attracts guys who want to do everything possible with their phone. And such people tend to know what they do because theyre into that technical stuff. So I still think its a good idea. :)

Guest conan_troutman
Sure, but would your wife buy Sniper? I guess not. Sniper is an app that attracts guys who want to do everything possible with their phone. And such people tend to know what they do because theyre into that technical stuff. So I still think its a good idea. :)

so some vindictive son of a bitch sends you a cab file that will rewrite your registry you accept it as its titled jessica alba home cab

you accept it runs you have a paper wieght I thinks its best to navigate into the folder its in rather than

actually running it that way you cant blame the software for automatically installing it for you if you choose to run it with out checking into it first.

I dont want to sound like I'm going off Im just trying to show worst case senario

Guest leethacker
you accept it runs you have a paper wieght I thinks its best to navigate into the folder its in rather than

actually running it that way you cant blame the software for automatically installing it for you if you choose to run it with out checking into it first.

therefore the phones askes by default before anything is installed. if someone wants to install a cab he will do it. no matter if its from the file explorer or directly from sniper.

A tradeoff would be to build some file extension check into sniper so that the open button is locked when a possibly evil *.exe or *.cab file is received. But other files like *.jpf or *.gif would still open with one click without navigating to them via the explorer.

Edited by leethacker

Guest conan_troutman

I could live with it like that sounds like a good idea.

I still want to see the hidden feature brought back so it runs in the background istead of obex and My oxios Close appes will no execute a shut of it

Guest iforevans
Bugs:

* Jep, ghosting issues is still there on WM5 devices. (latest beta)

* Icon does not look that good on WM5 devices, because the resolution is too low. And because of the Win Mobile tries to upscale this nice icons which unfortuately f*cks it up.

Feature Requests:

Glad to hear incoming works fine when the phones inbuilt receive is switched off. However, this ghosting issue is starting to get right on my nerves ;-)

It is a bug in the Compact Framework, but I think I *may* have thought of a way around it.

Are u sure about the ICON? I also test on a Cingular 2125 (SPV C600) which is WM5/QVGA and the icon looks fine on it.

There are some features I want in the next version before I think about file launching or not ;-)

1. Specified folders for incoming file types.

2. Being able to configure filetype/folders and add new custom ones.

Then maybe we can get to file launching :-)

...Ifor

Guest conan_troutman
Are u sure about the ICON? I also test on a Cingular 2125 (SPV C600) which is WM5/QVGA and the icon looks fine on it.

looks good when displayed in list view like on the 2003 devices but WM5 can show in grid ciew and when it does it looks a lil blurry and the writing is not a sharp as it could be.

but looks good other wise.

Guest iforevans
looks good when displayed in list view like on the 2003 devices but WM5 can show in grid ciew and when it does it looks a lil blurry and the writing is not a sharp as it could be.

but looks good other wise.

Aahh... ok.

So, I was thinking. I have some possible stuff to put in the next beta ...

1. Specified folders for incoming file types/ Being able to configure filetype/folders and add new custom ones.

2. Being able to set a profile and detect matching profiles (unless there is a standard for this, it will only work with other Sniper devies)

2. BlueJacking i.e. being able to send a message to all devices in range at the same time

What do people think of the order of preference? opinions please. Which of these should be in the next BETA?

...Ifor

Guest leethacker
Aahh... ok.

So, I was thinking. I have some possible stuff to put in the next beta ...

1. Specified folders for incoming file types/ Being able to configure filetype/folders and add new custom ones.

2. Being able to set a profile and detect matching profiles (unless there is a standard for this, it will only work with other Sniper devies)

2. BlueJacking i.e. being able to send a message to all devices in range at the same time

What do people think of the order of preference? opinions please. Which of these should be in the next BETA?

...Ifor

I would say specified folders for incoming filetypes, and then bluejacking. :-)

Btw, suggestion for later versions:

I wish Sniper would start with a graphical interface just like the Windows Comm Manager where I can directly select the most often used stuff with my joystick. Like: Switch bluetooth on/off, Sending messages/files, Bluejacking Tool ; Now it starts only with a blank white screen. So I guess you have already planned something like that. But better I also mention it so that you can see that ppl want something like that. :-)

Guest iforevans

Quick note to all the Beta testers. I have just sent out an interim release which i *hope* ;-) has finally addressed the 'ghost' images bug.

Let me know if it works for you.

Cheers.

...Ifor

Guest conan_troutman

I would go for 1 2 then 2 in that oreder but thats just me lol

or 1 2 then 2 but ither way 1 should be first

and just to clarify profiles woould be the last option as you say would only worker sniper to sniper so until we get a communitity of bluetooth asssassins its not gonna work is it.

but that doesnt mean I dont want to see it cos I think we could make it a great community thing you have sniper on your mobile phone its like giving a freemasons hand shake.

Guest conan_troutman
I would say specified folders for incoming filetypes, and then bluejacking. :-)

Btw, suggestion for later versions:

I wish Sniper would start with a graphical interface just like the Windows Comm Manager where I can directly select the most often used stuff with my joystick. Like: Switch bluetooth on/off, Sending messages/files, Bluejacking Tool ; Now it starts only with a blank white screen. So I guess you have already planned something like that. But better I also mention it so that you can see that ppl want something like that. :-)

i like that idea as an added note I could live with out th on Option off or discoverable as a toggle a bit like bluey but linked to Sniper i use bluey alot to switch bluetooth on and off imagine a small program simlar to it

but instead of switch on/off it switches discoverable/off while luanching sniper in the back graound in the hidden mode.

also after recieving a file i would like to see sniper hide away automatically

Edited by conan_troutman