'Sniper!' Testing Places Full! Completely Full So Dont Even Ask!

Guest greenturtle

Guest iforevans

Guys,

New Beta (0.8.56) has been sent out, this has a few sundry bugfixes. It also has the ability to set diferent destinations for various incoming file types.

If there is no destination set for an incoming type Sniper will save it to a default destination which is a folder called 'ReceivedFiles' which will be created in the folder that Sniper was installed to.

As usual bug reports in the here please! Also, no new features until I uncover this issue with cab's and exe's being corrupted during sends or receives.

This version will expire on the 31st May.

Cheers.

...Ifor

Guest mini_man

Hey ifor your not online so i thought id post my bug.

My designated folders for files dont work!

ive tried in the format of

amr

.amr

*.amr

none of these work, it just tells me its sent to recieved files in program files.

Im using version

Guest iforevans
Hey ifor your not online so i thought id post my bug.

My designated folders for files dont work!

ive tried in the format of

amr

.amr

*.amr

none of these work, it just tells me its sent to recieved files in program files.

Im using version

There was a small bug in the Manage Incoming Files feature that I sent out yesterday. It did work, kinda ;-) I have sent out a new Beta CAB 0.8.57

If you added a new filetype/folder Sniper would not actually start receiving to those folders until you restarted Sniper.

I have fixed this bug, you can now add new types on the fly without having to restart.

All I can say it is that it was very late when I finished last night, sorry ;-)

...Ifor

Guest leethacker

Just a small comment from me today ...

I noticed that Sniper sorts the files in the filechooser for sending in reversed order beginning from Z to A. I think it would be better if the stuff would be sorted in regular manner from A to Z just like every other WM program does it.

Guest jameshpg

Hi Ifor,

I'm still not having any luck with finding any devices using Sniper. I tried installing Sniper on my E200 and it found the C600 no problem. Managed to send FROM e200 TO c600 but the c600 wouldn't find the e200!!

WM5.0 problem?

Look forward to the next release,

james

Guest mini_man

very odd! im using a C600 no rom updates and it scans fine! i pick up all the devices in range.

Im testing it with a nokia 6230 and all is well both ways, (nokia has bluejacking function as well).

Are you using AKU2 ? and what com ports to you have activate?

Guest jameshpg
very odd! im using a C600 no rom updates and it scans fine! i pick up all the devices in range.

Im testing it with a nokia 6230 and all is well both ways, (nokia has bluejacking function as well).

Are you using AKU2 ? and what com ports to you have activate?

Hi,

I'm not using any updates (AKU2) or anything, just the standard Orange WM5.0 Rom that came with the phone.

I have no COM ports active, I have unticked the "Receive Incoming Beams" option and my Bluetooth is set to Discoverable. The E200 device I'm trying to send messages to is discoverable too.

Do I have to bond both devices first with passkeys etc?

Bulletproof guide mini_man if you got time?

Thanks,

james

Guest mini_man

Sorry there isnt really anything to say :)

I have no com ports active, my bluetooth is set to discoverable and I dont need to be paired.

Have you got any bluetooth apps open? like moblue for example.

Are you application unlocked and also SDA Unlocked? its worth a shot.

SDA_ApplicationUnlock.zip

Its odd because Ifor uses the american version of the C600 as well, cingular 1215 or whatever its called.

Sam

Guest jameshpg
Sorry there isnt really anything to say :D

I have no com ports active, my bluetooth is set to discoverable and I dont need to be paired.

Have you got any bluetooth apps open? like moblue for example.

Are you application unlocked and also SDA Unlocked? its worth a shot.

Its odd because Ifor uses the american version of the C600 as well, cingular 1215 or whatever its called.

Sam

My phone is app unlocked and I have no bluetooth programs open.

:) Feeling a bit dissapointed :)

What is the: "Unexpected Exception occured in Scan(). Reason:- NullReferenceException" error?

Does it mean that the phone can't find any devices? ;)

Would love some help. Anyone else had this problem or is it just my phone? B)

james

Guest mini_man

Well from the bugreports weve recieved this hasnt come up.

When ifor gets up ill notify him of your problem and im sure he will come up with a fix, which version are you using.

Guest mini_man

guys!!!!! please stop asking for beta testing! its clear from the title that there are nooooooo places left!!!

Ive sed a few times during this topic!

Latest version : 0.8.57

Thanks a lot mini_man,

james

Hmm we cant seem to figure out whats up with this problem??

We have a new version out soon but we hope this may solve your problems.

Thanks

Sam

p.s there are no beta places left still!

Guest iforevans
guys!!!!! please stop asking for beta testing! its clear from the title that there are nooooooo places left!!!

Ive sed a few times during this topic!

Hmm we cant seem to figure out whats up with this problem??

We have a knew version out soon but we hope this may solve your problems.

Thanks

Sam

p.s there are no beta places left still!

I am about to send out an interim release, this is mainly to pinpoint the issue James is having. I suspect it's something to do with his E200 returning a weird BlueTooth Address since it works from the E200 to the C600.

This version also has a REPLY to message feature (this hasn't been tested as much as I would like so beware ;-))

...Ifor

Guest sporkguy

*Any posts requesting places on the beta test, or requesting links to the app WILL BE REMOVED*

This is to keep the thread tidy so that us testers can give ifor some clear feedback.

Thanks.

Guest mini_man

Hey theres a bug in this new version!

When I send a message across it reads the 1st one fine, but i wont read the second in the list as it comes up with in an error.

post-160616-1148998508_thumb.jpg

And then if I send another message it replaces the second and still isnt readable!

post-160616-1148998521_thumb.jpg

Sam

Guest sporkguy

Ifor: It would be nice if the 'From' field contained by default the device name, to save us the hassle of typing it in everytime :)

Also - when trying to send files to my C500 while Sniper is open, my mac just sits there on the 'waiting for device to accept the request' dialog and it never continues.

Guest conan_troutman

quick question for james

Just out of curiousity have you tried using bluetooth recenntly with out the aid of sniper to ensure your bluetooth radio is not faulty cos if it is then sniper will never fix the issue.

I only ask cos i thought all .exe.cab files got corrupted when sent via blue tooth but it turns out the only time they get corrupted is when sniper or moblue is running otherwise they are just fine.

but I had to try the standard bluetooth connection to make sure first.

Guest iforevans
Hey theres a bug in this new version!

When I send a message across it reads the 1st one fine, but i wont read the second in the list as it comes up with in an error.

post-160616-1148998508_thumb.jpg

And then if I send another message it replaces the second and still isnt readable!

post-160616-1148998521_thumb.jpg

Sam

I'll look into it mini_man, like i said I rushed this out before it was quite tested to my satisfaction so that James could test the extra error checks I had already put in.

...Ifor

Guest conan_troutman
I'll look into it mini_man, like i said I rushed this out before it was quite tested to my satisfaction so that James could test the extra error checks I had already put in.

...Ifor

Reply path works perfectly as for not reading second message or it replacing the second message i found I I moved the read meassage to another folder

the second message became readable

how ever any unread messages in the inbox wher atoamtically over written by the next incoming message

Guest jameshpg

Hi guys,

Sorry for the delay. I fell down my stairs and was concussed for about 15mins! ouch ;)

I have installed the new Sniper and I get this error message now when I try to 'Scan & Send':

Error!

Unexpected Exception occurred in DiscoverDevices(). Reason:- NullReferenceException

The circle keeps spinning as if its still searching so I press OK (left softkey) and then Sniper says:

alert!

Sniper was unable to detect any BlueTooth devices in the vicinity

I can send to the E200 and the E200 can send to me. I even installed this versoin (0.8.60) on the E200 and when I press 'Scan & Send' it finds the C600 and gives it a blue tick! I then sent a file from the E200 to the C600 and it worked and arrived in the Inbox. When I pressed 'Reply' on the C600 I get this message:

Error!

Unexpected Exception occurred in BlueToothAdressFromMessage(). Reason:-FormatException

This is driving me nuts and my head is buzzing!

Regards,

James

:) *sore head* :)

Guest iforevans
Hi guys,

Sorry for the delay. I fell down my stairs and was concussed for about 15mins! ouch ;)

I have installed the new Sniper and I get this error message now when I try to 'Scan & Send':

Error!

Unexpected Exception occurred in DiscoverDevices(). Reason:- NullReferenceException

The circle keeps spinning as if its still searching so I press OK (left softkey) and then Sniper says:

alert!

Sniper was unable to detect any BlueTooth devices in the vicinity

I can send to the E200 and the E200 can send to me. I even installed this versoin (0.8.60) on the E200 and when I press 'Scan & Send' it finds the C600 and gives it a blue tick! I then sent a file from the E200 to the C600 and it worked and arrived in the Inbox. When I pressed 'Reply' on the C600 I get this message:

Error!

Unexpected Exception occurred in BlueToothAdressFromMessage(). Reason:-FormatException

This is driving me nuts and my head is buzzing!

Regards,

James

:) *sore head* :)

Well, that narrows it down to the exact line of code! And confims what I thought, the E200 is giving out some weird format address.

Can you have alook in the Inbox folder wherever Sniper was installed and give me the filename that the message was saved under? This will tell me what your E200 is sending as it's BlueTooth Address.

...Ifor

Guest jameshpg
Well, that narrows it down to the exact line of code! And confims what I thought, the E200 is giving out some weird format address.

Can you have alook in the Inbox folder wherever Sniper was installed and give me the filename that the message was saved under? This will tell me what your E200 is sending as it's BlueTooth Address.

...Ifor

Hi Ifor,

If I send a message to the C600 from the E200 then it asks me if I want to save to Inbox (Sniper) or save as a file in the ReceivedFiles folder. I saved it to received files and the file is : Msg.txt

If I open up that .txt file I get the message and then: (Sent via Sniper). All seems pretty normal.

James

Guest iforevans
Hi Ifor,

If I send a message to the C600 from the E200 then it asks me if I want to save to Inbox (Sniper) or save as a file in the ReceivedFiles folder. I saved it to received files and the file is : Msg.txt

If I open up that .txt file I get the message and then: (Sent via Sniper). All seems pretty normal.

James

Hi james,

I need you to receive a file from the E200 and save it to the INBOX ;-)

Then the senders address is encoded as part of the filename. If you tell me what the filename is I will be able to tell what is strange about the address.

Also if u go to the standard file explorer on the c600 and try to beam a file to the e200 it will tell u in there what address the e200 is reporting.

If tell me these two things we may be able to get to the bottom of this.

Cheers

...Ifor