'Sniper!' Testing Places Full! Completely Full So Dont Even Ask!

Guest greenturtle

Guest sporkguy

Ifor: I'm not receving the messages in my inbox, they are just going straight to My Docs - it doesnt ask me whether I want to view it when I save it.

What am I doing wrong?

Guest iforevans
Ifor: I'm not receving the messages in my inbox, they are just going straight to My Docs - it doesnt ask me whether I want to view it when I save it.

What am I doing wrong?

Its because u have NOT switched off 'Receive Incoming Beams' Goto to settings->beam

Until u do this the inbuilt receiver is handling incomuing file transfers NOT Sniper.

Cheers.

...ifor

Guest jameshpg
Hi james,

I need you to receive a file from the E200 and save it to the INBOX ;-)

Then the senders address is encoded as part of the filename. If you tell me what the filename is I will be able to tell what is strange about the address.

Also if u go to the standard file explorer on the c600 and try to beam a file to the e200 it will tell u in there what address the e200 is reporting.

If tell me these two things we may be able to get to the bottom of this.

Cheers

...Ifor

Hi,

I received a message via Sniper from the E200 and it saved in the INBOX. I then looked in the directory and it was called:

-0001-006057DD0F2F.read

Is this enough or do you need me to do the other thing with the file explorer? If you do, then what do you beam - bluetooth or IR? I don't think it comes up with the code, just the name.

James

Guest badboy4life

I am testing this on the MDA Vario with a N70 and I can not seem to send or receive messages or files. I have no problem sending files over bluetooth in File Explorer.

When I send a message or a file the N70 comes up saying file from xxx and then when i press accept nothing happens. The Vario is showing a busy icon and it doesn't do anything. There is no way to cancel the transfer so I have to kill the task (this would be a good option to have). I have tried this with version 0.8.57 and prior.

When I send from the N70 it just keeps trying to establish connection and nothing happens on the Vario, no indication that it is trying to receive a message.

I have 'receive incoming beam' disabled. Sniper seems to manage the bluetooth connection OK.

Not sure what the problem is but would be grateful for some guidance.

badboy4life

Guest SkizZ0

ok, i rewrite my msg, because "if you need beta tester i'm here" is a "not allowed expresion":

You can add a "Bluetooth chat window" (that keeps the history of conversation) and optionally you can also save the conversation.

Guest mini_man
ok, i rewrite my msg, because "if you need beta tester i'm here" is a "not allowed expresion":

You can add a "Bluetooth chat window" (that keeps the history of conversation) and optionally you can also save the conversation.

Yup we were planning on including this but only in V2 of Sniper.

Guest iforevans
I am testing this on the MDA Vario with a N70 and I can not seem to send or receive messages or files. I have no problem sending files over bluetooth in File Explorer.

When I send a message or a file the N70 comes up saying file from xxx and then when i press accept nothing happens. The Vario is showing a busy icon and it doesn't do anything. There is no way to cancel the transfer so I have to kill the task (this would be a good option to have). I have tried this with version 0.8.57 and prior.

When I send from the N70 it just keeps trying to establish connection and nothing happens on the Vario, no indication that it is trying to receive a message.

I have 'receive incoming beam' disabled. Sniper seems to manage the bluetooth connection OK.

Not sure what the problem is but would be grateful for some guidance.

badboy4life

Does the N70 have the Notes application? Are you trying the send the 'note' from there? Is the BlueTooth setting on the Vario set to 'discoverable'?

Also please try the latest version sent out as this has some extra error checking/

...Ifor

Guest iforevans
Hi,

I received a message via Sniper from the E200 and it saved in the INBOX. I then looked in the directory and it was called:

-0001-006057DD0F2F.read

Is this enough or do you need me to do the other thing with the file explorer? If you do, then what do you beam - bluetooth or IR? I don't think it comes up with the code, just the name.

James

James,

Does the file actually have that dash at the start? Or is that a typo? Because it should NOT be there.

Also it would help if u try and beam a file (pick any one) from ur c600 using file explorer to the E200. When u beam explorer should tell u what the address of the e200 is. It would be useful to double check.

Do u have another bluetooth device u cld try sending to from the c600?

Thanks for your patience.

...Ifor

Guest jameshpg
James,

Does the file actually have that dash at the start? Or is that a typo? Because it should NOT be there.

Also it would help if u try and beam a file (pick any one) from ur c600 using file explorer to the E200. When u beam explorer should tell u what the address of the e200 is. It would be useful to double check.

Do u have another bluetooth device u cld try sending to from the c600?

...Ifor

Hi Ifor,

It does have the dash:

post-60376-1149059166_thumb.jpg

This is what reads when I beam a file from the c600 to e200:

post-60376-1149059416.jpg

After a short while it reads the correct name for the device.

I could possibly test with a C500 but not often as it is my friends.

James

------------- UPDATE -----------------------

OK I had an idea after installing the latest Sniper. I sent a message from the E200 to the C600 and the message was received no problems - as expected:

post-60376-1149060298_thumb.jpg

I then decided to try the Reply feature which results in a NullExpecption error on 0.8.60. However, on this version 0.8.64 it worked:

post-60376-1149060252_thumb.jpg

And I managed to send a message from the C600 to the E200!!!

post-60376-1149060286_thumb.jpg

So why can't I find the E200 when I scan but I can send message?!?! Must be that address tweak? Oh well, at least my bluetooth works ok!

Hope you find this useful,

James

Edited by jameshpg

Guest lukeap69

When you press Send (left soft key) without turning the bluetooth to discoverable or connectable, this message quickly appear even without scanning

Sniper was unable to detect Bluetooth devices in the vicinity

i suggest that when send (or scan and send) is pressed, the bluetooth should automatically turn on.

lukeap

Guest iforevans
Hi Ifor,

It does have the dash:

post-60376-1149059166_thumb.jpg

This is what reads when I beam a file from the c600 to e200:

post-60376-1149059416.jpg

After a short while it reads the correct name for the device.

I could possibly test with a C500 but not often as it is my friends.

James

------------- UPDATE -----------------------

OK I had an idea after installing the latest Sniper. I sent a message from the E200 to the C600 and the message was received no problems - as expected:

post-60376-1149060298_thumb.jpg

I then decided to try the Reply feature which results in a NullExpecption error on 0.8.60. However, on this version 0.8.64 it worked:

post-60376-1149060252_thumb.jpg

And I managed to send a message from the C600 to the E200!!!

post-60376-1149060286_thumb.jpg

So why can't I find the E200 when I scan but I can send message?!?! Must be that address tweak? Oh well, at least my bluetooth works ok!

Hope you find this useful,

James

Hi James,

The reason you can reply is that the E200 sends its address during the send and Sniper saves it, then when you reply Sniper doesn't have to scan it already has the address and it appears the send works.

It must be responding in some unexpected way to a scan. What is the exact error you get now during a scn with the latest version of Sniper?

BTW This is very frustrating, if I had an E200 to test with we could probably diagnose the issue in minutes.

...Ifor

Guest leethacker
It must be responding in some unexpected way to a scan. What is the exact error you get now during a scn with the latest version of Sniper?

BTW This is very frustrating, if I had an E200 to test with we could probably diagnose the issue in minutes.

Hey ifor, maybe you can work on the issue with sending large files to the storage card in the meantime (or on the bluejacking function) so that we testers without E200 can continue to test new stuff. :)

Guest jameshpg
Hi James,

The reason you can reply is that the E200 sends its address during the send and Sniper saves it, then when you reply Sniper doesn't have to scan it already has the address and it appears the send works.

...Ifor

Hi Ifor,

The exact error message is:

post-60376-1149080298_thumb.jpg

And don't worry about the time issue - I love to help!

James

Guest iforevans
Hey ifor, maybe you can work on the issue with sending large files to the storage card in the meantime (or on the bluejacking function) so that we testers without E200 can continue to test new stuff. :)

Hi leethacker, pushy aren't we? ;-)

Strangley, I DO have a version that I will be sending out in a few hours. No mjor features in this one but a few ease of use things.

Clicking on a msg in the Inbox will now give u the option to read/reply/delete immediatley. This should make Sniper much quicker to use.

Today, I am going to add the Bluejacking feature! This will be the last new feature in V1 of Sniper. After testing of this is complete, I'm going to release it.

So please, no new feature requests, unless you are requesting them for V2.

Now, about the BlueJacking, I assume that what eveybody wants is to be able to send a txt msg to every device in the vicinity in one go?

Cheers

...Ifor

Guest jameshpg
Strangley, I DO have a version that I will be sending out in a few hours. No mjor features in this one but a few ease of use things.

?

Hi Ifor,

Any luck with the E200 bug? Could you add it to the release just so it's device specific for the time being? Can I be of anymore assistance?

Love to help and further this development as it's a great idea.

James

Guest conan_troutman

I would to make it text or gif

or both if possible

hell ideally i would like it to install a message on three home screen saying HAHAH you been jacked by de sniper with the sniper logo

but thats just cos I'm evil

Guest iforevans
Hi Ifor,

Any luck with the E200 bug? Could you add it to the release just so it's device specific for the time being? Can I be of anymore assistance?

Love to help and further this development as it's a great idea.

James

Hi james,

IO am not sure. I am making some changes to the scanner. It will not automaticaly scan. You will have the option to scan. This way I can give you guys some extra settings i.e. what devices to show etc. I am hoping that if you get to play with these settinngs something will work. Apart from this, I am out of ideas. This will be in the next Beta today.

Cheers

..Ifor

Guest iforevans
I would to make it text or gif

or both if possible

hell ideally i would like it to install a message on three home screen saying HAHAH you been jacked by de sniper with the sniper logo

but thats just cos I'm evil

heh heh ... I always knew u were Evil ;-)

Gr8 idea but

a. not sure it's possible

b. it could get Sniper on the most hated applications of all time list

so

c. I ain't doing it ;-)

...ifor

Guest jameshpg

Hi Ifor,

Looking forward to the next release then! How about some indication of when you receive a message? A vibration or ringtone?

Also, you know how Sniper manages all your bluetooth received files, well if you don't specify the filetype and directory using the 'Add' list in Sniper, what's the default location where it will go?

Many thanks,

James

Guest conan_troutman
heh heh ... I always knew u were Evil ;-)

Gr8 idea but

a. not sure it's possible

b. it could get Sniper on the most hated applications of all time list

so

c. I ain't doing it ;-)

...ifor

damn shame its not possible besides I would change the text and logo as so not to implicate such bloody great apllet

Guest badboy4life
Does the N70 have the Notes application? Are you trying the send the 'note' from there? Is the BlueTooth setting on the Vario set to 'discoverable'?

Also please try the latest version sent out as this has some extra error checking/

...Ifor

Yes the N70 does have Notes, it will accept txt files that I send over bluetooth. I am sending it from Notes to the Vario. I have tried it on discoverable and connectable. Both phones have no problem seeing each other.

I will try the lastest version.

Guest iforevans

Guys,

We're getting close to a release and I wanted to say thanks to all those who have given feedback, good or bad ;-)

I have just sent out the next beta 0.8.73 which does a few extra things.

1. Clicking on a msg in your inbox now gives a choice of read/reply or delete without having to go through all the menus. Should be a big timesaver.

2. When u click send or scan & send the scanner no longer scans automatically when the form loads. This is because there is an extra menu item on the options menu of the scanner (James hopefully this may help your situation)

This is "Settings". This allows you to play with the scanners parameters a little. Max devices obviously limits the number of devices to scan for. The other checkboxes specify if devices that are authenticated (paired) should be shown, or remembered (which should be paired but not present) or Unknown (this should always be checked or you will only ever see your paired devices).

The next beta should have BlueJacking after that, no new functionality until I have released this one and start on V2!

Oh yeah, the new icon is just an idea I'm playing with, it's meant to be a sniper's crosshairs.

Feedback as usual here on the thread please. Enjoy.

...Ifor

Guest conan_troutman
Guys,

We're getting close to a release and I wanted to say thanks to all those who have given feedback, good or bad ;-)

I have just sent out the next beta 0.8.73 which does a few extra things.

1. Clicking on a msg in your inbox now gives a choice of read/reply or delete without having to go through all the menus. Should be a big timesaver.

2. When u click send or scan & send the scanner no longer scans automatically when the form loads. This is because there is an extra menu item on the options menu of the scanner (James hopefully this may help your situation)

This is "Settings". This allows you to play with the scanners parameters a little. Max devices obviously limits the number of devices to scan for. The other checkboxes specify if devices that are authenticated (paired) should be shown, or remembered (which should be paired but not present) or Unknown (this should always be checked or you will only ever see your paired devices).

The next beta should have BlueJacking after that, no new functionality until I have released this one and start on V2!

Oh yeah, the new icon is just an idea I'm playing with, it's meant to be a sniper's crosshairs.

Feedback as usual here on the thread please. Enjoy.

...Ifor

love the new scan settings I set my max to 30 may put more later but i only use the unknown tick boxes shows me all I need to know and thats who is in range for smoe hot blue loving

this just gets better and better.

we all in for testing version 2?