'Sniper!' Testing Places Full! Completely Full So Dont Even Ask!

Guest greenturtle

Guest iforevans
love the new scan settings I set my max to 30 may put more later but i only use the unknown tick boxes shows me all I need to know and thats who is in range for smoe hot blue loving

this just gets better and better.

we all in for testing version 2?

I'm glad you like the new scan settings :-)

That was one of your big requests as I remember (well to not have pair but absent devices showing up!)

I just hope there's going to be a few buyers out there! I've put a lot of time & effort into this!

...Ifor

Guest iforevans

Oh yeah, forgot to mention ...

Who'd be interested if I said I had just managed to get Sniper to send a CAB file to another device running Sniper and then installed the the CAB on the other device quite happily? No corruption :-)

...Ifor

Guest conan_troutman

That was one of your big requests as I remember (well to not have pair but absent devices showing up!)

I just hope there's going to be a few buyers out there! I've put a lot of time & effort into this!

...Ifor

well keep the pricing sensible add a text note explaining the disabling of obex and other needed things to make it work.

and may be a few back ground images n the inbox and scanning screens to jazz it a little.

also the hide feature you had originally would be a good idea if you could get it to work properly that way you can run it in the back graound and forget about with out having close all on the task manager shut it down.

all those things with the things it does now would make me buy into as long as upgrades came at resonable prices too.

you see its intelligent its fun with what i mentioned above it would be cost effective and visually asthetic too

I have few Ideas for version 2

boot up in hidden mode at start up with choice of Bluetooth set to on or discoverable

an added toggle button for one click bluetooth switching I use bluey but its on/off i have to go in to setting to set discoverable I figured you could link one to sniper that turned bluetooth off/discoverable with out having to bring up the sbiper program.

chat feature seams a redundant choice what with the message feature.

profile synching if possible

also where ever you sell it make sure the take visa debit i hate having to use my credit card for anything under a tenner

Guest conan_troutman
Oh yeah, forgot to mention ...

Who'd be interested if I said I had just managed to get Sniper to send a CAB file to another device running Sniper and then installed the the CAB on the other device quite happily? No corruption :-)

...Ifor

ME! MEMEMEMEMEMEME

MMMMMMEEEEEEE!!!!!

ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME

oh and just in case you didnt get that MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Guest iforevans
ME! MEMEMEMEMEMEME

MMMMMMEEEEEEE!!!!!

ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME

oh and just in case you didnt get that MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Hmmm .. is this a big requirement for you then?

PS I will be putting this on MoDaCo for sale & probably Handango I think they both take VISA debit cards?

BTW Conan_troutman, what would you think is a fair price for Sniper?

...Ifor

Guest conan_troutman
Hmmm .. is this a big requirement for you then?

PS I will be putting this on MoDaCo for sale & probably Handango I think they both take VISA debit cards?

BTW Conan_troutman, what would you think is a fair price for Sniper?

...Ifor

well i paid

Edited by conan_troutman

Guest leethacker

Hey ifor, have you deactivated Bluetooth auto power on in the latest version and why? Because now I have to use Comm manager again to turn Bluetooth on.

Or is this just a new bug on Windows Mobile 5 devices?

Guest jameshpg

...Ifor

Hi Ifor,

Could you explain the new scan settings please. Not quite sure what each of them means. Thanks.

Also, are you going to implement the range feature?

Hey ifor, have you deactivated Bluetooth auto power on in the latest version and why? Because now I have to use Comm manager again to turn Bluetooth on.

leethacker, I have a C600 with WM5. What bug are you referring to because I'll check and see if I get it too.

James

Guest leethacker
leethacker, I have a C600 with WM5. What bug are you referring to because I'll check and see if I get it too.

Well, in the elder versions of Sniper Bluetooth was automaticly turned on when I wanted to send a file or message. In this Version this does not work. I have to turn on Bluetooth with the Windows Comm Manager in order to send files. Understand what I mean? (Sorry bout my bad english :) )

Guest leethacker

Just discovered another issue with message sending:

When I try to send a message to another phone or computer and the other person does NOT confirm my message receipt, then I have a real problem, because Sniper keeps trying to send the message, and I cant cancel. -> Sniper hangs as long as the other person accepts the message ...

Guest sporkguy
Oh yeh, nice icon ifor but arent cross hairs supposed to be red?

How so? Crosshairs can be any colour.. depends on the rifle! :)

Guest conan_troutman
I would like to try SNIPER on my SPV c600

[email protected]

we need name and address also would you like the sniper to take you out at dinner or whilst leaving your chosen venue

do you people not read.....check the first post

Guest iforevans

hi,

No, i haven't deacrtivayed autopower on, but let me check it's still working. However, even if there is some reason that it's not working you shouldn't need to use the comm manager to turn BlueTooth on, you can do it from within Sniper using the BlueTooth menu.

...Ifor

Guest jameshpg
we need name and address also would you like the sniper to take you out at dinner or whilst leaving your chosen venue

do you people not read.....check the first post

Like it!!

Guest jameshpg
Just discovered another issue with message sending:

When I try to send a message to another phone or computer and the other person does NOT confirm my message receipt, then I have a real problem, because Sniper keeps trying to send the message, and I cant cancel. -> Sniper hangs as long as the other person accepts the message ...

Hi,

Just had this same problem when trying to reply to a message and the person doesn't accept or receive.

Also, Ifor; any chance of the Scan parameters being explained :)

cheers,

james

Guest iforevans
hi,

No, i haven't deacrtivayed autopower on, but let me check it's still working. However, even if there is some reason that it's not working you shouldn't need to use the comm manager to turn BlueTooth on, you can do it from within Sniper using the BlueTooth menu.

...Ifor

OK, I take it back. Somehow, the code that switched BlueTooth on before a send/scan if it was off has disappeared. I blame programmer incompetance ;-)

It will be back in the next Beta. But remember you don't have to use the comm manager. Sniper has a BlueTooth menu itself that you can use to control the BlueTooth Radio.

Cheers.

...ifor

Guest jameshpg

IFOR!!! You still haven't told me what the:

Authenticity

Unknown

Remember

parameters mean!!! Also, are you going to add a vibrate/sound everytime a user gets a message because otherwise it defeats the point of instant messaging if the person gets home, checks their phone, then realises they got Sniped 20mins ago on the bus!!!

james

Guest conan_troutman
IFOR!!! You still haven't told me what the:

Authenticity

Unknown

Remember

parameters mean!!! Also, are you going to add a vibrate/sound everytime a user gets a message because otherwise it defeats the point of instant messaging if the person gets home, checks their phone, then realises they got Sniped 20mins ago on the bus!!!

james

authenticity seems to show only devies that are paired irrelevent of wether switched on or not

unknown for some reason returns a list of devices in range ones that are paired

remember returns the message sniper was unable to detect any bluetooth devices in the vicinity

me thinks unknown and remember are wrongly titled.

Edited by conan_troutman

Guest jameshpg
authenticity seems to show only devies that are paired irrelevent of wether switched on or not

remember returns the message sniper was unable to detect any bluetooth devices in the vicinity

Well if i tick all 3 boxes then I should get something but I get an Exception error. I should get some paired devices (which I have) that are switched off and I should get the E200!

I get nothing!

Sniper cannot be released with bugs like this

james

Guest leethacker

Jup, there are still lots of bugfixes to do. Btw, who said Sniper will be released soon? I do think Ivor is so clever not to release a buggy program. I remember the MoBlue disaster one week ago. ;-)

Guest iforevans

Well, what I have done is expose some of the parameters in the API call that I make to scan for devices. The API documentation is a *little* sparse ;-) on what these three parameters do.

You *could* do what I did, and play with them and see what the results are. My conclusions ...

Authenticated: paired devices that are present ot not.

Unknown: Devices that are not paired and are switched on/in range

Remembered: A little unclear on this one. It may have something to do with remebering devices that have

connected in the past using other BlueTooth protocols.

I have included them so that Sniper users have more control of the scanning process. Experiment.

Hope this helps. BTW, you haven't said if you are still experiencing issues with your E200.

Cheers.

...Ifor

Guest iforevans
Jup, there are still lots of bugfixes to do. Btw, who said Sniper will be released soon? I do think Ivor is so clever not to release a buggy program. I remember the MoBlue disaster one week ago. ;-)

Hi leethacker,

What bugs are you refering to? The only outstanding one I know about is the issue with james' E200.

And as this has not been reported with *any* other phone type (and its an old type not sold any more) I'm not sure that is an issue that would hold up Snipers release. Especially as Sniper will be released as a trial version so users will have to chance to check it works with their device before handing over hard-earned cash.

The auto-switching on of BlueTooth before a send has been put back in the next beta :-)

...Ifor