'Sniper!' Testing Places Full! Completely Full So Dont Even Ask!

Guest greenturtle

Guest iforevans

Are there any other outstanding bugs that anyone knows about that have slipped my attention?

Also, the next beta is almost ready and contains the much asked after Bluejack! feature. This will send a message to all devices in the scan window at once.

I tested it this morning and managed to annoy my girlfriend immensely :-)

...Ifor

Guest jameshpg
Hope this helps. BTW, you haven't said if you are still experiencing issues with your E200.

Cheers.

...Ifor

Hi Ifor,

Yes, afraid I'm still experiencing the E200 problem. I can send a reply no problem but I cannot scan and find the E200. E200 must scan and find me (which it does no problem), then send me a message before I can send one back.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to test with other devices. I am aware that once you pair with certain phones, it can alter settings strangely. I had this problem with a K700i and it changed all my menu number shortcuts to letter shortcuts: http://www.modaco.com/index.php?showtopic=239756&hl=

To fix the problem I just removed the K700i from my Bonded Devices list and everything went back to normal. Strange though because the K700i was 250miles away from where we bonded! I will try and delete all the devices on my list and see if this allows me to find the E200!

Regards,

James

Guest iforevans
Hi Ifor,

Yes, afraid I'm still experiencing the E200 problem. I can send a reply no problem but I cannot scan and find the E200. E200 must scan and find me (which it does no problem), then send me a message before I can send one back.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to test with other devices. I am aware that once you pair with certain phones, it can alter settings strangely. I had this problem with a K700i and it changed all my menu number shortcuts to letter shortcuts: http://www.modaco.com/index.php?showtopic=239756&hl=

To fix the problem I just removed the K700i from my Bonded Devices list and everything went back to normal. Strange though because the K700i was 250miles away from where we bonded! I will try and delete all the devices on my list and see if this allows me to find the E200!

Regards,

James

Hi James,

I suppose a hard reset of the E200 is out of the question? Is this an old device that you don't use any more? At least a hard reset would give us a clean slate.

If you can't, I totaly understand. But I have to tell you I don't think I will be able to fix this issue without one to test with (and maybe not even then). I even went on ebay to see if there were any for sale. There are none in the US and only one in the UK (and he won't post abroad).

...Ifor

Guest jameshpg
Hi James,

I suppose a hard reset of the E200 is out of the question? Is this an old device that you don't use any more? At least a hard reset would give us a clean slate.

If you can't, I totaly understand. But I have to tell you I don't think I will be able to fix this issue without one to test with (and maybe not even then). I even went on ebay to see if there were any for sale. There are none in the US and only one in the UK (and he won't post abroad).

...Ifor

Meh, I could hard reset it but I don't think that would do much. Suprised there is only one E200 on ebay: http://phones.search.ebay.co.uk/spv-e200_M...orefinesearchZ1

I will delete the devices and get back to you.

James

Guest iforevans
Meh, I could hard reset it but I don't think that would do much. Suprised there is only one E200 on ebay: http://phones.search.ebay.co.uk/spv-e200_M...orefinesearchZ1

I will delete the devices and get back to you.

James

I don't blame you on the hard reset ;-)

Yeah, that link now shows TWO E200's ;-) Must have been one extra one since I last looked. Anyway, let me know what happens after you delete the devices. Fingers crossed.

...Ifor

Guest iforevans
I don't blame you on the hard reset ;-)

Yeah, that link now shows TWO E200's ;-) Must have been one extra one since I last looked. Anyway, let me know what happens after you delete the devices. Fingers crossed.

...Ifor

PS Since I'm getting married in August, my girlfriend has put a freeze on me spending money on any new devices, especially one just to test one bug :-(

...Ifor

Guest jameshpg
PS Since I'm getting married in August, my girlfriend has put a freeze on me spending money on any new devices, especially one just to test one bug :-(

...Ifor

Hi Ifor,

Deleted all Bluetooth devices from the bonded list. Rebooted. Uninstalled Sniper and deleted all files in /program files/Sniper. Rebooted. Installed Sniper. Rebooted. Tried to scan for devices:

post-60376-1149181688_thumb.jpg

Great! Lol, I think Sniper hates my device. Seriously though, even when the E200 doesn't have it's bluetooth on I get this error message instead of the friendly : "Sniper didn't find any devices in the vicinity". I should get that nice error message shouldn't I instead of this:

Regards,

James

Guest iforevans
Hi Ifor,

Deleted all Bluetooth devices from the bonded list. Rebooted. Uninstalled Sniper and deleted all files in /program files/Sniper. Rebooted. Installed Sniper. Rebooted. Tried to scan for devices:

Great! Lol, I think Sniper hates my device. Seriously though, even when the E200 doesn't have it's bluetooth on I get this error message instead of the friendly : "Sniper didn't find any devices in the vicinity". I should get that nice error message shouldn't I instead of this:

Regards,

James

yeah, you shouldn't see that if the E200 is off unless the C600 is remembering it somehow. What settings did u use (autenticate etc)?

Did u try it with JUSt the UNKNOWN box ticked?

...ifor

Guest jameshpg
yeah, you shouldn't see that if the E200 is off unless the C600 is remembering it somehow. What settings did u use (autenticate etc)?

Did u try it with JUSt the UNKNOWN box ticked?

...ifor

Ifor,

For that particular test I used the Authenticated and Unknown settings.

I have repeated the test with the E200 bluetooth off and the results are as follows:

(N.B. I will call the error that was screenshot in the previous post the Excpetion error)

Authenticated: Instantly returns the Exception error (doesn't scan)

Remembered: Instantly returns the nice "Sniper was unable to find devices..." error (doesn't scan)

Unknown: Scans for a while before returning the nice "Sniper was unable to find..." error

Auth+Rem+Unknown: Scans for a while before returning the Exception error

Rem+Unknown: Scans for a while before returning the nice "Sniper was unable to find devices" error

I then did a test with the E200 bluetooth on and the results are as follows:

Rem+Unknown: post-60376-1149183529_thumb.jpg and then when I click Quit I get post-60376-1149183550_thumb.jpg

Unknown: post-60376-1149183550_thumb.jpg COMPLETE SUCCESS. CAN SEND AND RECEIVE FINE. WORKS GREAT!!

Hope this helps,

James

Guest conan_troutman
This app seems kind of silly to me. How many people actually walk around with bluetooth on and discoverable?

me all firking day and night never one to miss the latest pic vid joke or goss

or calendar/task update

Guest iforevans
Ifor,

For that particular test I used the Authenticated and Unknown settings.

I have repeated the test with the E200 bluetooth off and the results are as follows:

(N.B. I will call the error that was screenshot in the previous post the Excpetion error)

Authenticated: Instantly returns the Exception error (doesn't scan)

Remembered: Instantly returns the nice "Sniper was unable to find devices..." error (doesn't scan)

Unknown: Scans for a while before returning the nice "Sniper was unable to find..." error

Auth+Rem+Unknown: Scans for a while before returning the Exception error

Rem+Unknown: Scans for a while before returning the nice "Sniper was unable to find devices" error

I then did a test with the E200 bluetooth on and the results are as follows:

Rem+Unknown: post-60376-1149183529_thumb.jpg and then when I click Quit I get post-60376-1149183550_thumb.jpg

Unknown: post-60376-1149183550_thumb.jpg COMPLETE SUCCESS. CAN SEND AND RECEIVE FINE. WORKS GREAT!!

Hope this helps,

James

James did I hear u correctly? It WORKED??? U managed to Scan the E200? And send it a msg?

If so, that tells us that your C600 has some strange partnership info stashed way somewhere ...

...Ifor

Guest conan_troutman

hi james do you see the multi coloured icon in your icon bar at the top I had the software that that is associated with installed on my MPX220 and it rednderd allsorts of stuff useless I unistalled it but that icon never went away nither did the problems as does as it doesnt uninstall correctly

i believe its some sort of remote for your desk top.

If you yourself no longer use the software i would suggest a hard reset it is what i had to do and i got back all sorts of functions one of which was a bluetooth problem

my problem was i could not use tomtom and bluetooth headset together

could befor i installed that software and could after the hard reset

i only mention this becouse the only indicator the software is still on your phone when you (supposedly) removed it is that icon in the icon bar

it a suggestion

and not a guarenteed fix

Guest jameshpg
hi james do you see the multi coloured icon in your icon bar at the top I had the software that that is associated with installed on my MPX220 and it rednderd allsorts of stuff useless I unistalled it but that icon never went away nither did the problems as does as it doesnt uninstall correctly

i believe its some sort of remote for your desk top.

If you yourself no longer use the software i would suggest a hard reset it is what i had to do and i got back all sorts of functions one of which was a bluetooth problem

my problem was i could not use tomtom and bluetooth headset together

could befor i installed that software and could after the hard reset

i only mention this becouse the only indicator the software is still on your phone when you (supposedly) removed it is that icon in the icon bar

it a suggestion

and not a guarenteed fix

Hi,

That is for the ActiveSync Remote Display. I use the remote display to give you the screenshots and I don't think its causing any problems. Has anyone else had a problem with ActiveSync Remote Display?

Ifor, did you say that you yourself aren't sure what the 3 scanning options entail? Maybe there is a bit of poor coding in one of them because they do affect the scanning greatly.

Can't belive I finally got it working with the E200 :) !!! I'll have to try it with another device now. :)

James

P.S

With our smartphones, is it possible to take files from other people's phones? I no that phones such as the Samsung E720 allow you to 'Explore' a person's phone once they have allowed you to by bluetooth. Wondered if this was at all physically possible?

Guest iforevans
Hi,

That is for the ActiveSync Remote Display. I use the remote display to give you the screenshots and I don't think its causing any problems. Has anyone else had a problem with ActiveSync Remote Display?

Ifor, did you say that you yourself aren't sure what the 3 scanning options entail? Maybe there is a bit of poor coding in one of them because they do affect the scanning greatly.

Can't belive I finally got it working with the E200 :) !!! I'll have to try it with another device now. :)

James

P.S

With our smartphones, is it possible to take files from other people's phones? I no that phones such as the Samsung E720 allow you to 'Explore' a person's phone once they have allowed you to by bluetooth. Wondered if this was at all physically possible?

James,

I am *ecstatically* happy that it worked for you. Thanks for hanging in there and persevering!

It was well worth the extra coding effort to put the scan options screen into Sniper I know it has made a few people happy including you. The browse thingy I am looking into for V2 of Sniper, it won't be in the first release. But you can still send files to and from your friends phone using Sniper just the "Send File" in the Scanner.

The next beta of Sniper will have the defaults preset to

Authenticated = false

Unknown = true

Also, I am going to remove the Remembered option as it just gets in the way and rename the settings as follows

Find Paired = false

Find New = true

What do you guys think?

And finally

1. I'll ask again: Does anyone have any outstanding bugs?

2. Next Beta will be released this evening.

Cheers

...Ifor

Guest conan_troutman
James,

I am *ecstatically* happy that it worked for you. Thanks for hanging in there and persevering!

It was well worth the extra coding effort to put the scan options screen into Sniper I know it has made a few people happy including you. The browse thingy I am looking into for V2 of Sniper, it won't be in the first release. But you can still send files to and from your friends phone using Sniper just the "Send File" in the Scanner.

The next beta of Sniper will have the defaults preset to

Authenticated = false

Unknown = true

Also, I am going to remove the Remembered option as it just gets in the way and rename the settings as follows

Find Paired = false

Find New = true

What do you guys think?

1. I'll ask again: Does anyone have any outstanding bugs?

2. Next Beta will be released this evening.

Cheers

...Ifor

new scan options are now perfect although the warning does not show completely an my 8310 not tried the px220 yet

the last line the words are cut in half horizontally

still dont see any cosmetic changes( i presume you mean the way it looks start screen (inbox still blank)

how abiout a background picture of a note or message scan screnn is blank also should show a picture of a device being sent a message via another device or something

when sending file still only shows egg timer no percentage sent or percentage remaining

sent messages return same old successful message sent this too could do woth jazzing up also error messages can the y not be tied into the error screens and sounds on the rom

not to sound a bit girly but you have to make it look good too if you want to sell it

And finally

could we get the blue jack to work with files too or is that a pain as if i was in a meeting and scheduled a new meet i could save the apoint to an apointment card .csv I think they are than beem it to all in one go with blue jack

Guest leethacker

Hmmmm ... there is a serious bug in the Bluejacking function on my SP5 (WM5). I cant bluejack any phone, coz I only get the following error when I try to send a bluejack message: "Unexpected Exception occurred in menuItemOptionsBluejack(). Reason:-NullReferenceException"

And jup, Bluejacking with files would be a great idea! And I also think that you have to "make it look good" when you want to sell many copies of the app. :)

Edited by leethacker

Guest peekie

You have to be carefull of bluejacking if its able to copy another persons files to another phone , as this would open up the doors for thieves who only buy the application to steal info from someone elses phone , plus bluejacking is not legal in certain countrys :)

Guest James

I am still having problem sending to a C600 from my MDA Copmpact II... all im get is errors BadRequest and internal server errors.. he can send fine to me and i can also send fine to SPV M600 PPC..

any clues?

Guest mini_man
You have to be carefull of bluejacking if its able to copy another persons files to another phone , as this would open up the doors for thieves who only buy the application to steal info from someone elses phone , plus bluejacking is not legal in certain countrys

Peekie thats Bluesnarfing :

Illegally taking files off other peoples without them knowing and without permission.

If there is a browse function then that will ask the other phone if they wish to "Exchange Data".

Guest leethacker
bluejacking is not legal in certain countrys :)
Honestly I dont think so. Bluejacking is simply sending a message to someone i dont know. And that cant be illegal. :) -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bluejacking

What you mean is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bluesnarfing

The Bluejacking function in Sniper just allows you to send a message to everybody in your vicinity.

Guest rowmiyo

SENDING MESSAGE from the NOKIA going to the E200:

I composed a message in the notes "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog"

Sent successfully.

options:

1. Save it as file. OK no problems here. save successful.

2. Save as message. It will be save BUT, only the first letter of the message is saved, preceded by 2 ??, so the actual messave saved will loook like this:

"??T"

has anyone experienced this?

Guest rowmiyo
Hmmmm ... there is a serious bug in the Bluejacking function on my SP5 (WM5). I cant bluejack any phone, coz I only get the following error when I try to send a bluejack message: "Unexpected Exception occurred in menuItemOptionsBluejack(). Reason:-NullReferenceException"

And jup, Bluejacking with files would be a great idea! And I also think that you have to "make it look good" when you want to sell many copies of the app. :)

I experienced this on my e200 when i tried bluejack for the 1st time, but the 2nd time 3rd....etc...all went well, and i was able to bluejack. i tried to figure out how i got that error message, why and what combinations i pressed so as to isolate it, but i never found it again. I will post it, once i experience it again.

Guest iforevans
new scan options are now perfect although the warning does not show completely an my 8310 not tried the px220 yet

the last line the words are cut in half horizontally

still dont see any cosmetic changes( i presume you mean the way it looks start screen (inbox still blank)

how abiout a background picture of a note or message scan screnn is blank also should show a picture of a device being sent a message via another device or something

when sending file still only shows egg timer no percentage sent or percentage remaining

sent messages return same old successful message sent this too could do woth jazzing up also error messages can the y not be tied into the error screens and sounds on the rom

not to sound a bit girly but you have to make it look good too if you want to sell it

And finally

could we get the blue jack to work with files too or is that a pain as if i was in a meeting and scheduled a new meet i could save the apoint to an apointment card .csv I think they are than beem it to all in one go with blue jack

Thanks for the feedback. BlueJacking with files will be in the final Beta :-)

I am planning a background screen for the home page. This will only show however, if your inbox is empty.

There will not be a progress bar for sending or receiving in Sniper V1. The BT API I use does not allow it.

Cheers

...Ifor

Guest iforevans
SENDING MESSAGE from the NOKIA going to the E200:

I composed a message in the notes "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog"

Sent successfully.

options:

1. Save it as file. OK no problems here. save successful.

2. Save as message. It will be save BUT, only the first letter of the message is saved, preceded by 2 ??, so the actual messave saved will loook like this:

"??T"

has anyone experienced this?

Hi rowmiyo, are you saying that the *same* note sent from your nokia looks fine i.e you read using some app on your E200 but if you save it as a msg it is truncated?

Cheers

...Ifor