'Sniper!' Testing Places Full! Completely Full So Dont Even Ask!

Guest greenturtle

Guest iforevans
Hmmmm ... there is a serious bug in the Bluejacking function on my SP5 (WM5). I cant bluejack any phone, coz I only get the following error when I try to send a bluejack message: "Unexpected Exception occurred in menuItemOptionsBluejack(). Reason:-NullReferenceException"

And jup, Bluejacking with files would be a great idea! And I also think that you have to "make it look good" when you want to sell many copies of the app. :)

Hi leethacker,

have you done a Scan before trying to use BlueJack? Are there devices showing in the scanner? Make sure you use the On and In Range Option ONLY for the scan before trying BlueJack and let me know if the result is the same.

...Ifor

Guest iforevans
I am still having problem sending to a C600 from my MDA Copmpact II... all im get is errors BadRequest and internal server errors.. he can send fine to me and i can also send fine to SPV M600 PPC..

any clues?

Hi James,

Have you checked that Receive Beams is off on the C600? I would also check that the devices are not paired. Try a Scan with ONLY the On and in Range option checked, then try a send to the C600 if it shows up in th scanner and let me know the result.

Cheers

...Ifor

Guest leethacker
Hi leethacker,

have you done a Scan before trying to use BlueJack? Are there devices showing in the scanner? Make sure you use the On and In Range Option ONLY for the scan before trying BlueJack and let me know if the result is the same.

...Ifor

Okay, when I scan before I use Bluejack I dont get the error message. But this is very unintuitive, because that way I first have to scan, then type the text, and then press bluejack. Guess what: During I type the message most people will walk out of my Bluetooth range, and this would drive this feature pretty much useless.

So what do you have to do to solve this problem: Simply:

1) Text input

2) Press Bluejack

3) Sniper sends the message every 15 seconds to all devices in range (and it also scans say every 15 seconds automaticly to keep the device list up to date)

4) Sniper will continue to do this until I press Stop.

Guest iforevans
Okay, when I scan before I use Bluejack I dont get the error message. But this is very unintuitive, because that way I first have to scan, then type the text, and then press bluejack. Guess what: During I type the message most people will walk out of my Bluetooth range, and this would drive this feature pretty much useless.

So what do you have to do to solve this problem: Simply:

1) Text input

2) Press Bluejack

3) Sniper sends the message every 15 seconds to all devices in range (and it also scans say every 15 seconds automaticly to keep the device list up to date)

4) Sniper will continue to do this until I press Stop.

Well, I'm glad that was the issue.

I have two options here:-

1. Make the Error Msg more intuitive if you try to send and there are no devices listed in the scanner.

2. Do as leethacker suggests.

What are other peoples opinions here?

I will go with a majority vote (after all I want the app to be popular ;-)

Cheers

...Ifor

Guest conan_troutman

i think the option to time a scan and sedn is a great idae and also a function offered by those who would be you r competitors which are mobiluck and london dev

also when scanning how about the sniper logo moving left to right instead of the dull timer jsut for fun

PS no comp with london dev it crashed every phone I ever put it on but mobiluck have a whole comuninity. which I think sniper need to take a piece of

Guest iforevans
i think the option to time a scan and sedn is a great idae and also a function offered by those who would be you r competitors which are mobiluck and london dev

also when scanning how about the sniper logo moving left to right instead of the dull timer jsut for fun

PS no comp with london dev it crashed every phone I ever put it on but mobiluck have a whole comuninity. which I think sniper need to take a piece of

There's always room for three big players in any new space. Look at IM, you've essentially got MSN, Yahoo and AOL. Movie players: Windows Media, Quicktime, Real Player ...

I just made this up by the way and I'm calling it Ifor's First Law ;-)

So in the whole, BlueJacking arena, I think there's room for Sniper, especially as there is really only MobiLuck out there at the moment, and I believe it has issues with QVGA screens and newer devices?

PS never even heard of London Dev. You have a link?

...Ifor

Guest conan_troutman

this one called my2thing essentially a bluetooth chat program

http://www.smartphone.net/software_detail....eid=279&id=1584

and this is smartjacking this was such a great idea but it never ever worked on any device I put it on it just crashed every time

http://www.smartphone.net/software_detail....eid=279&id=1006

this is the one sniper should challenge i feel

mobiluck is too continental mainly french italian users

you dont need a link to that one

and this i love the idea of this just hate the fact it on ly toggle on/off

not off/dicoverable

http://www.smartphone.net/software_detail....eid=279&id=1430

maybe you can include one with sniper so you can switch on for incoming with out having to open the program

also you havent confirmed if the hidden feature will be in the final product i think it needs to be so its always going to get your files and place them where you want them

with out the worry of it being shut down by the kill all feature of task manager

Guest iforevans
this one called my2thing essentially a bluetooth chat program

http://www.smartphone.net/software_detail....eid=279&id=1584

and this is smartjacking this was such a great idea but it never ever worked on any device I put it on it just crashed every time

http://www.smartphone.net/software_detail....eid=279&id=1006

this is the one sniper should challenge i feel

mobiluck is too continental mainly french italian users

you dont need a link to that one

and this i love the idea of this just hate the fact it on ly toggle on/off

not off/dicoverable

http://www.smartphone.net/software_detail....eid=279&id=1430

maybe you can include one with sniper so you can switch on for incoming with out having to open the program

also you havent confirmed if the hidden feature will be in the final product i think it needs to be so its always going to get your files and place them where you want them

with out the worry of it being shut down by the kill all feature of task manager

Thanks for the reply. Wow! That SmartJacking program is really expensive, it looks like the one most in Snipers space though.

The hidden feature will only be in IF I can get it to work properly ;-)

...Ifor

Guest conan_troutman
Thanks for the reply. Wow! That SmartJacking program is really expensive, it looks like the one most in Snipers space though.

The hidden feature will only be in IF I can get it to work properly ;-)

...Ifor

never seen it work though but the screen shots are impressive lol

download this its free dont know what it is i have nothing to do with programming but it looks interesting

https://www.handango.com/secureDownload.jsp...secw%3D335adbb8

or it may be sh!t

Edited by conan_troutman

Guest iforevans
never seen it work though but the screen shots are impressive lol

download this its free dont know what it is i have nothing to do with programming but it looks interesting

https://www.handango.com/secureDownload.jsp...secw%3D335adbb8

or it may be sh!t

Heh heh .. that IS the API that I am using ;-) And it's far from sh!t. The guy that wrote the APi is a bit of BlueTooth guru. Sniper would have taken me a lot longer without it. I still could've done it, just would've taken a lot longer.

BTW one of my testers who refuses to use the thread for responses has made a great suggestion.

An address book. Just like when you reply to a message in Sniper it doesn't have to scan cos it already has the address, his suggestion was how about an adress book of saved addresses so that if you want to make anew msg you can pick an address from you book (with friendly names obviously) and bang off goes the message.

What do you guys think?

...Ifor

Guest conan_troutman

its a good idea mobiluck and smartjacking offer it too what they actualy do is is check your "phonebook" every 15 minutes to see whos in and whos not then sends the message when they are.

you can also add profiles to the "phonebook" so it searches for other users who are just male or just female share an interest or are in the same age group

I think smartjacking is aimed at swingers and doggers lol

but it could have other good uses

say passing on releivent info about a meeting to the right people as you walk throught the office does it automatically

PS its now my idea

he should have posted it publicly to get the acknowledgment he deserves mwahahahahahaha

Edited by conan_troutman

Guest iforevans
its a good idea mobiluck and smartjacking offer it too what they actualy do is is check your "phonebook" every 15 minutes to see whos in and whos not then sends the message when they are.

you can also add profiles to the "phonebook" so it searches for other users who are just male or just female share an interest or are in the same age group

I think smartjacking is aimed at swingers and doggers lol

but it could have other good uses

say passing on releivent info about a meeting to the right people as you walk throught the office does it automatically

PS its now my idea

he should have posted it publicly to get the acknowledgment he deserves mwahahahahahaha

Profiles is one of the things I am saving for V2 ;-). Since there is no standard that I am aware of for profiles, It wiill only work with other Sniper devices, but I am planning to make the profile a standard XML file and put the format in Snipers documentation so if anyone else wants to amend or build an app to swap profiles with Sniper it will be straightforward.

I want to get Sniper released very soon and find out if there is a market for it or if I'm just wasting my time (time that would be much spent with my girlfriend according to her ;-))

...Ifor

Guest conan_troutman

buy her a rabbit with the money you'll be making the rampant kind cos version 2 is gonna be sweet sweet sweet

Guest iforevans
so is this going to be released as freeware or what? :)

No, I'm afraid not, but it will be very reasonably priced at around 6.99/7.99

...Ifor

Guest iforevans
buy her a rabbit with the money you'll be making the rampant kind cos version 2 is gonna be sweet sweet sweet

You reckon this will be a good seller mate? I hope so cos if it's not I'll have a hard time convincing the other half that all the time I spend on Sniper is justified ;-)

BTW, anyone who buys V1 will get later upgrades for a pittance, i.e. 1.99 ish. That seem fair?

...Ifor

Guest jameshpg
I experienced this on my e200 when i tried bluejack for the 1st time, but the 2nd time 3rd....etc...all went well, and i was able to bluejack. i tried to figure out how i got that error message, why and what combinations i pressed so as to isolate it, but i never found it again. I will post it, once i experience it again.

Hi,

I experience the same problem on my C600 (and no its not the E200 this time, its all phones! :) ). Any ideas ifor?

James

Guest leethacker
You reckon this will be a good seller mate? I hope so cos if it's not I'll have a hard time convincing the other half that all the time I spend on Sniper is justified ;-)

BTW, anyone who buys V1 will get later upgrades for a pittance, i.e. 1.99 ish. That seem fair?

Sounds fair if the update is worth it. But please dont release Version 1 too soon. All bugs have to be solved first and Sniper has to get a better look (more graphics, etc.). Otherwise you will have a hard time selling it. :)

Guest conan_troutman

I agree good price for updates good price for the program it should sell well provided you tart it up I hate to say it but we live in a bling bling world

i would definatly buy it

I have mobiluck installed and it just doesn tdo what i want it to do I like the features of mobiluck but sniper is making those features more accessable and useable mobiluck only works mobiluck to mobiluck 90% of the time sniper will be the opposite added features for those that have it and use it to send sniper to sniper but will not render the program usless for when you are surruonded by people to blue jack but none of them have sniper....

that feature alone will get the buyers in then with more sniper users out there the comunity thing starts

it takes time but I think mobiluck is about to be made to sweat

Edited by conan_troutman

Guest iforevans
Hi,

I experience the same problem on my C600 (and no its not the E200 this time, its all phones! :) ). Any ideas ifor?

James

James did you do a scan first? Are there devices showing in the scanner? Try a scan with only the In Range and On option checked.Then try BlueJack if you have devices shwoing in the scanner after the scan and get back to me.

Cheers

...ifor

Guest iforevans
I agree good price for updates good price for the program it should sell well provided you tart it up I hate to say it but we live in a bling bling world

i would definatly buy it

I have mobiluck installed and it just doesn tdo what i want it to do I like the features of mobiluck but sniper is making those features more accessable and useable mobiluck only works mobiluck to mobiluck 90% of the time sniper will be the opposite added features for those that have it and use it to send sniper to sniper but will not render the program usless for when you are surruonded by people to blue jack but none of them have sniper....

that feature alone will get the buyers in then with more sniper users out there the comunity thing starts

it takes time but I think mobiluck is about to be made to sweat

I hear you. I will try my best to tart it up ... Sniper in heels & lipstick? Not a pretty image ;-)

I want Sniper to be able to send/receive messages etc even to Nokias et al. that makes Sniper attractive. Then we can get a profile thing going and it's all good!

...ifor

Guest rowmiyo
Hi rowmiyo, are you saying that the *same* note sent from your nokia looks fine i.e you read using some app on your E200 but if you save it as a msg it is truncated?

Cheers

...Ifor

I composed it using the Notes composer in the nokia, send it via bluetooth of nokia going to my e200 with sniper on, then save it as file(no problem with this, the text file contains the complete text) but if i save it as message in sniper, and read it in sniper, yeah, it is truncated, only the First letter will be displayed, preceded by the ??, so if i send "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog", I will only receive and read "??T" on my sniper msg.

One more thing, another issue, If I start sniper with bluetooth off, the bluetooth status checked is "Power Off" (which is Correct), but when I scan(with bluetooth off), it will give me options: ON, Discoverable,Off, and then i CHOOSE ON, then press OK, then sniper will turn my bluetooth ON and scan for devices, BUT WHEN I GO BACK TO THE MAIN MENU (by pressing back key), then my Bluetooth status is off, I mean the "Power Off" status is still checked (BUT ACTUALLY MY BLUETOOTH IS ON, coz I chose ON awhile ago)

Guest rowmiyo
No, I'm afraid not, but it will be very reasonably priced at around 6.99/7.99

...Ifor

:) I thought it will be free for beta testers hahaha, just my wishful thinking.

Guest iforevans
I composed it using the Notes composer in the nokia, send it via bluetooth of nokia going to my e200 with sniper on, then save it as file(no problem with this, the text file contains the complete text) but if i save it as message in sniper, and read it in sniper, yeah, it is truncated, only the First letter will be displayed, preceded by the ??, so if i send "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog", I will only receive and read "??T" on my sniper msg.

One more thing, another issue, If I start sniper with bluetooth off, the bluetooth status checked is "Power Off" (which is Correct), but when I scan(with bluetooth off), it will give me options: ON, Discoverable,Off, and then i CHOOSE ON, then press OK, then sniper will turn my bluetooth ON and scan for devices, BUT WHEN I GO BACK TO THE MAIN MENU (by pressing back key), then my Bluetooth status is off, I mean the "Power Off" status is still checked (BUT ACTUALLY MY BLUETOOTH IS ON, coz I chose ON awhile ago)

Hmm .. ok, let me look into the truncation issue some more. BTW Does it happen no matter what message you type and send from the nokia? Does the issue work if you send to the E200 from another device?

The issue with your BlueTooth status not changing is one I am looking into. It's because Sniper checks your BlueTooth status only at startup, so if some other program changes it Sniper will not notice. It *should* notice if it changes the status itself though ;-)

Cheers

...Ifor

Guest conan_troutman

I have a small niggle if the recipeints do not respond as apap the program hangs my wifes phone accepted the file I sent her but as it was ignored as they often maybe sniper just sat waiting and waiting for a responce in the end I killed sniper via task manager and ignored the fact I sent a message however two hours later my wife checks her phone and the message is there asking her if she wants to save it she clicked yes and the meassage was in tact

so do you think it may be possible to shut off the connection when the message is sent rather than waiting fo a responce for the recievers phone??