Guest kennyg

Guest kennyg
When it's done :)

Well, next Beta done... Beta 5.

I'm not sure what I've added since the last but we now have:

- Change WiFi Mobile Task

- Change Bluetooth Mobile Task

- Change Flight Mode Mobile Task

- "Fixed" MP3 and WMA support (it would only play a sound once, and not play samples properly!)

- Personalities in alarms.

- Menu re-arrangement (I think I like better what it does now!)

- Bug fixes.

Note: Random is not yet available, that will be the last feature before release.

Note 2: WiFI On/Off is untested on a device with WiFi as I don't have one, I used code that should work, but I'd like verification.

Kenny.

Guest scottb

Hi Kenny,

I downloaded the cab file via the link in the first post of this thread. I got a 64k file! (did not try to install) Could that be correct? The others are nearly 500k. In addition to a great alarm application, you've also figured out a new super compression algorithm! :)

Edited by scottb

Guest yoos

I downloaded the cab in the first post and it says the following after I click on the cab on the phone: "Installation of CityTimeAlarmsSp.ARM.CAB was unsuccessful."

Guest kennyg
I downloaded the cab in the first post and it says the following after I click on the cab on the phone: "Installation of CityTimeAlarmsSp.ARM.CAB was unsuccessful."

CAB file was currupted on upload, very odd, but now fixed.

Kenny.

Links again:

http://www.codecity.net/files/smartphone/b...imeAlarmsSp.exe

http://www.codecity.net/files/smartphone/b...larmsSp.ARM.CAB

Guest yoos

I just created two tasks... One to turn on wifi and one to turn off wifi a minute later. It didn't turn the wifi on... When the wifi off was supposed to run it didn't appear to do anything either.

Also, I just noticed... When viewing the alarms (list of them) if I click on an alarm or task it displays it. Is that the way it should work or should it go to the edit screen? If it doesn't go to edit then I need to click the joystick action button twice to edit it from the alarms display.

Guest yoos

I created two tasks.... One to turn off bluetooth and one to turn on bluetooth a minute later. I did the same with the flight mode. All these worked fine!

Also one minor enhancement suggestion... When I delete a task or alarm it says Delete Alarm? or Delete Task? It would be cool if it had the name of the alarm or task in the message... but it's not that big of a deal.

Guest rogueqd

With Wi-Fi there is a 'mast' part of the icon showing enabled or disabled and a circle above the mast showing searching/connected/no_network. Your Wi-Fi off task makes the circle disapppear, but not the mast.

Hope that helps.

Uhh, one other problem, now my Wi-Fi won't connect to my network anymore. The searching circle appears, then it goes back to no circle. This is without CityTime Alarms running. I'll try restarting the phone.

After restart my wireless seems completely disabled. Can you please release a patch to undo whatever the change was. asap.

Edited by rogueqd

Guest conan_troutman

loving the latest beta its such a dream to work with the menu system just flows differs ever so slightly from what i first imagined(i would have had alam and alarms sub menu the opposite way round personnaly) but I love it thus far

will test the functions more tomorrow

great work kenny

Edited by conan_troutman

Guest conan_troutman

windows mobile5 Qtek 8310 can confirm wifi toggle on off at set times is not working....should I manually turn on wifi first via comms manager then see if city time alarms can over ride the on off switch once it is engaged??

Guest conan_troutman

I can confirm that wifi on off does indeed work but you must have wifi switched on via comm manager first for it to do so, it appears to some how switch it on and off differently to that of comm manager....but it does work

Guest kennyg
With Wi-Fi there is a 'mast' part of the icon showing enabled or disabled and a circle above the mast showing searching/connected/no_network. Your Wi-Fi off task makes the circle disapppear, but not the mast.

Hope that helps.

Uhh, one other problem, now my Wi-Fi won't connect to my network anymore. The searching circle appears, then it goes back to no circle. This is without CityTime Alarms running. I'll try restarting the phone.

After restart my wireless seems completely disabled. Can you please release a patch to undo whatever the change was. asap.

It just turns off WiFi via the Wireless Zero Configuration API, creating and running a task to enable wifi should reverse it. I can only compare to a PPC since I have the Cingular 2125.

Also you can try the wifion.exe or wifioff.exe that I think comes on many of the phones. Look for it and run it if the task is not working.

Kenny.

Guest conan_troutman

ok there is a problem with the wifi settings first for city time alarms to turn off wifi you must use comm manager to switch it on them city time can turn it on off when scheduled how ever should you need to use during the time it is off on the schedule the only way to turn it back on is to set an alarm to do so

is there another way to switch wifi on and off preferably the same way as comm manager does

I an using a Qtek 8310 / SP5 with windows mobile 5

Guest rogueqd
It just turns off WiFi via the Wireless Zero Configuration API, creating and running a task to enable wifi should reverse it.

Yeah, It's fixed now, thanks. :)

While I'm here, I like the new menus. Exit not in a sub menu is great.

What is the difference betweek the alarm personalities?

Guest conan_troutman

the alarm persona;ities all appear to be the same but thats ok cos they are all the one i would probably use the most....

would it be better if the wifi was switched on and off via the wifion.exe or wifioff.exe that you mentioned rather than the Wireless Zero Configuration API at least that way it can be turned back on at will

Guest rogueqd
would it be better if the wifi was switched on and off via the wifion.exe or wifioff.exe

I have wifioff.exe but not wifion.exe. Do you have them both? Your phone is based on a Tornado right? Could you post wifion.exe here and I'll see if it works on my phone.

Guest conan_troutman

I have run through my folder and i too only have wifioff.exe wonder how it is turned on in the first place. think i will avoid using the city times alrm for wifi until a better way is found but other than that little bug and the fact the alarm profiles all seem the same and one personal menu issue it seam spot on thus far....

so to list the gripes and to make one suggestion

1 wifi on off need to be better

2 alarm profiles are all alike

3 would prefer the alrm menu and list alams menu to be switched the other way round so the disable and start options function with the list view it easier to see whats coing up for faster scrolling to disable/enable start/stop

4 the suggestion this is one you could add to your web site but the ability to downlaod and add cities or places not in the city list to the ones on the phone

such as the canary islands

Guest rogueqd

After reading Conan's post and looking at the alarm menus I have the following requests/suggestions

On all views the functionality of the left menu button is duplicated by either the right menu or the joystick. Suggest labeling the left button "Done" in all views and setting it to close the program. This is recommended in the Designed for Windows Mobile

Guest conan_troutman

the menu switch I was refering to how ever is the left button menu only switching it for the prefered view thats all I think the menu systwm as it is is spot on (more or less)

Guest kennyg

Oops, the personality is broken in the "Play Sample" and loops are broken completely in beta 5. So you have to set off an alarm to here the differences, unfortunately the differences are only really noticable between Subtle and Persistant, Obnoxious is pretty close to Persistant after listening a bunch of times.

WiFi doesn't seem to work properly, I'll remove it in a quick update.

Kenny.

Guest conan_troutman

If persistant and obnoxious are so similar might it be an idea to just have subtle and persistant

also how difficult would ot be to trial the left menu button with the one for alarm view used for the list view and vice a versa.

I think it would be of more use to people the other way round.

and as for removing the wifi dont it does work its jsut need tweaking for better functionality maybe insted of using the zero point look using the same way of switching it on and off as it is done in comm manager...presuming you have a come manager on your test phone.

keep up the good work kenny its still the greatest alarm program out there

Guest conan_troutman

If persistant and obnoxious are so similar might it be an idea to just have subtle and persistant

also how difficult would ot be to trial the left menu button with the one for alarm view used for the list view and vice a versa.

I think it would be of more use to people the other way round.

and as for removing the wifi dont it does work its jsut need tweaking for better functionality maybe insted of using the zero point look using the same way of switching it on and off as it is done in comm manager...presuming you have a come manager on your test phone.

keep up the good work kenny its still the greatest alarm program out there

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.