CityTime Alarms Beta 2.0

Guest kennyg

Guest scottb
Oops, the personality is broken in the "Play Sample" and loops are broken completely in beta 5. So you have to set off an alarm to here the differences, unfortunately the differences are only really noticable between Subtle and Persistant, Obnoxious is pretty close to Persistant after listening a bunch of times.

WiFi doesn't seem to work properly, I'll remove it in a quick update.

Kenny.

Has the link been updated?

Guest rogueqd

Kenny,

I noticed that CTA overrides the keypad lock when an alarm is activated. I'm writing a note reminder program in C# and would like to use this behaviour also. What API do you call?

Eddie

Has the link been updated?

I downloaded the exe from the link right above a couple posts and installed it on the phone... It's still V2.0.0 Beta 5. I've been using it happily so far :) ;)

Guest kennyg
I downloaded the exe from the link right above a couple posts and installed it on the phone... It's still V2.0.0 Beta 5. I've been using it happily so far :) ;)

I wanted to update the wifi code or remove it, since the code I'm using doesn't work I'm looking at another angle and will post something tonight.

Kenny.

Guest conan_troutman

any chance in the next update ou could swap the left button menu in list view with that of the alarm view and vice a versa then it would be absolutely spot on much more user friendly.

as i have a list of alarms and timers it would be easier to scroll and disable or start/stop them via the list menu

and use the alarm screen for showing next upcoming alarm with quick access to making a new alam or editing the one shown.

also as a bi note that I may have mentioned before the ability to make an alarm reoccur bi weekly but on the choice of multiple days rather than just a single day

example if i want to be reminded to get up for work when doing the early shift I set one reminder to go off early every work day which I have to remember to disable the following week or when I am on lates I get woken at 4:00 am.

If i could set it bi weekly which I can and now do I then need five alarms one for each day the ability to have the days listed and the option to tick which days it is enabled for would mean one alarm every second week on Mon Tue Wed Fri cos I get thursday off so dont need to be woken so early

thanks again for a great product

Guest scottb

Hi Kenny,

I may have reported this previously, but wanted to be sure you knew. When the phone is set to silent, alarms will vibrate. In older versions, the alarm would do what the phone was set to unless you used the override sound feature. So, if the phone was set to silent, the alarm would only display. Currently, alarms do vibrate properly when the phone is set to vibrate.

Edited by scottb

Guest kennyg
Hi Kenny,

I may have reported this previously, but wanted to be sure you knew. When the phone is set to silent, alarms will vibrate. In older versions, the alarm would do what the phone was set to unless you used the override sound feature. So, if the phone was set to silent, the alarm would only display. Currently, alarms do vibrate properly when the phone is set to vibrate.

I'll verify it, I've removed the wifi stuff for now as I just can find a reliable replacement yet. I'm going to complete the Landscape modifications and release a new version yet tonight (I'm sorry I haven't released one already, but my day job has been hell lately).

Kenny.

Guest Sartre

I've just started testing your beta-version of CityTime Alarms (I allready own the 1.6-version), and I really like the new features of being able to run programs, change profiles and so on at specified times/dates.

But my main complaint is that I can't get my alarms to sound constantly, even though I select it to be obnoxious or any of the two other options. It just rings the alarm for about four seconds, than a pause before it rings again, and this is not good enough to wake me up!

Further more I would love a new option (which is available in another alarm-application), and that is if I want to turn of the alarm I have to input a random six-digit code that the application creates on each alarm! As I've got problems getting up in the morning and quickly learn how to dismiss og snooze the alarms without even having to look at my phone, the six-digit random code forces me to open my eyes and concentrate.

And also an option of being able to hide the programs/profiles/etc that I set to run automatically at given times from the alarm-list would be great because my selections here will not be changed often..

My phone is a QTek 8310, and I run the newest available ROM available to my device!

Guest kennyg
I've just started testing your beta-version of CityTime Alarms (I allready own the 1.6-version), and I really like the new features of being able to run programs, change profiles and so on at specified times/dates.

But my main complaint is that I can't get my alarms to sound constantly, even though I select it to be obnoxious or any of the two other options. It just rings the alarm for about four seconds, than a pause before it rings again, and this is not good enough to wake me up!

Further more I would love a new option (which is available in another alarm-application), and that is if I want to turn of the alarm I have to input a random six-digit code that the application creates on each alarm! As I've got problems getting up in the morning and quickly learn how to dismiss og snooze the alarms without even having to look at my phone, the six-digit random code forces me to open my eyes and concentrate.

And also an option of being able to hide the programs/profiles/etc that I set to run automatically at given times from the alarm-list would be great because my selections here will not be changed often..

My phone is a QTek 8310, and I run the newest available ROM available to my device!

There is a Confirm option on the Options items, it doesn't make you enter a code but does make you hit a button other than dismiss.

As for the ringing, there is a bug in the current beta where the "Play Sample" doesn't pick up the Personality and for MP3/WMA files it will only repeat one series and quit, both are fixed in the coming version.

I'm just finishing the Q layout now.

Kenny.

Guest kennyg
There is a Confirm option on the Options items, it doesn't make you enter a code but does make you hit a button other than dismiss.

As for the ringing, there is a bug in the current beta where the "Play Sample" doesn't pick up the Personality and for MP3/WMA files it will only repeat one series and quit, both are fixed in the coming version.

I'm just finishing the Q layout now.

Kenny.

Ok,

I updated the Beta to re-vamp the landscape (Q) layout.

Fixed a number of bugs (WMA repeats for one)

Remove the WiFi (working on a fix).

Still thinking about the menu changes.

still located at

http://www.codecity.net/files/smartphone/b...imeAlarmsSp.exe

http://www.codecity.net/files/smartphone/b...larmsSp.ARM.CAB

I did not yet add the random alarm and still have to fix the "quiet" mode to not vibrate.

Kenny.

Guest conan_troutman

tried to use the exe file but I get the message the file may be corrupted or contains a virus please contact the developer.

CAB file appears to be fine how ever will let you know more feed back soon

I still think swapping the menu for list view and alarm view is the right move trust me on this one

Guest chaznet

On my SDA, the fonts are now centered vertically -- but horizontally, they're way off -- half the far right character goes off the screen...

Ok,

I updated the Beta to re-vamp the landscape (Q) layout.

Fixed a number of bugs (WMA repeats for one)

Remove the WiFi (working on a fix).

Still thinking about the menu changes.

still located at

http://www.codecity.net/files/smartphone/b...imeAlarmsSp.exe

http://www.codecity.net/files/smartphone/b...larmsSp.ARM.CAB

I did not yet add the random alarm and still have to fix the "quiet" mode to not vibrate.

Kenny.

Guest conan_troutman

ok I am still not seeing any difference between the alarm profile types but I do like the new way in which it plays its More how I would use it...

I am going to try different sounds though I currently use the LB sound

maybe a differnt sound will yeild a different result in the profiles

I have however tried different sound settings such as ring ring and vibrate vibrate and ring one thing I do notice is one vibrate then ring it vibrates and plays through but when the loop restarts it does not vibrate again before playing is this intentional?

Guest kennyg
On my SDA, the fonts are now centered vertically -- but horizontally, they're way off -- half the far right character goes off the screen...

What device do you have exactly? I've got the SDA as well and it looks like all the other versions.

Kenny.

Guest kennyg
tried to use the exe file but I get the message the file may be corrupted or contains a virus please contact the developer.

CAB file appears to be fine how ever will let you know more feed back soon

I still think swapping the menu for list view and alarm view is the right move trust me on this one

I replaced the EXE file, FTP munged it.

Guest chaznet

T-Mobile SDA (USA) -- attached is a screen shot (also noticed that a tiny portion of the bottom of the upper time display is cut off):

CityScreen.bmp

What device do you have exactly? I've got the SDA as well and it looks like all the other versions.

Kenny.

Edited by chaznet

Guest chaznet

I like the left softkey functionality in the beta, a quick way to start or activate things. The new menu is a little confusing though -- the numbers to the left of the items don't correspond to pressing the number from the program screen like they used to. ie: pressing 6 from the program screen still brings up the current alarm in edit-mode -- but 6 is now 'exit' in the menu. IMO -- not as intuitive as the previous arrangement.

Don't fully get the Personality setting. Previously, I set the loops to 9999 to make the alarm sound as long as possible -- is this no longer necessary? Will 'Obnoxious' make it just keep ringing until I shut it off? What do the other Personality settings do?

Edited by chaznet

Guest scottb

Hi Kenny,

I installed from the cab file. The exe that got installed is dated 7-5-06 and the About screen still says beta 5. Am I using the latest?

Guest rogueqd

Hi Kenny,

If you set two tasks to go off at the same time, only one is activated. eg, bluetooth on and change profile, only bluetooth is turned on. I haven't tested this with alarms.

Also, I think that change profile doesn't work if the event occcurs while the phone is on headset profile. It would be good to have the new profile selected when you remove the headset. I'll test the headset one some more.

One other thing, I have no need of a combination to dismiss the alarm (interesting idea tho Sartre, have you thought about putting the phone out of reach so you have to get up to switch it off?), but rather would like snoose to be 'any key' (except dismiss) so I could just tap the number pad blindly and sleep in a bit more.

Keep up the good work (what's your day job?),

Eddie

Guest chaznet

The 'any-key-snooze' feature if implemented, should be an option the user can turn on/off if desired. 'Tapping the number pad blindly' to go into snooze would be a bad thing for me :) I'd use that feature and not recall using it -- and I'd be late for work a lot...

Hi Kenny,

If you set two tasks to go off at the same time, only one is activated. eg, bluetooth on and change profile, only bluetooth is turned on. I haven't tested this with alarms.

Also, I think that change profile doesn't work if the event occcurs while the phone is on headset profile. It would be good to have the new profile selected when you remove the headset. I'll test the headset one some more.

One other thing, I have no need of a combination to dismiss the alarm (interesting idea tho Sartre, have you thought about putting the phone out of reach so you have to get up to switch it off?), but rather would like snoose to be 'any key' (except dismiss) so I could just tap the number pad blindly and sleep in a bit more.

Keep up the good work (what's your day job?),

Eddie

Guest scottb
Hi Kenny,

I installed from the cab file. The exe that got installed is dated 7-5-06 and the About screen still says beta 5. Am I using the latest?

Nevermind--got this sorted.

Guest rogueqd
The 'any-key-snooze' feature if implemented, should be an option the user can turn on/off if desired.
Yeah, I maent as an option. It could be in the main Options menu, Snooze: Combination/Normal/Any Key.

Guest conan_troutman

as you already know I'm in favour of swapping the left menu options in alarm with those in the list(Alarms) view and to aid the function of the left menu option in list could you make the list portable by user definition at the moment its sorted by enabled/Disabled

if you could make it optional between enabled/Disabled

time due (irrelevent of enabled or not)

Alphabetical (Irrelevent of enabled or not)

this would speed up the use of starting timers and enabling disabling alarms

leaving the alarm view to show time of next due alarm with left menu to create new or disable early depending on what your feel would be the better option and the alternative put go first place go the right menu.

other than the wifi issue I like this new version as the alarm profiles are set more how I and many other users would probably prefer.

this is truly one if not the best alarm programs available keep it up

Guest chaznet

When using a Timer with the current beta, I'm not clear on how it repeats. There's the loop option, but how long will it ring if I leave it set at '1'. There isn't a Personality setting for it...

On the subject of Personalities -- what are the differences? Will 'Obnoxious' make it just keep ringing until I shut it off...?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.