CityTime Alarms Beta 2.0

Guest kennyg

After playing a bit more i have found i actually like the way you have it deal with alarms being entered into the calendar...as I see it and please correct me if I am wrong...it seems it places only one alarms in the calendar and that is the one next to be "sounded" for want of a better word, but as for the dismissed alarms not being removed from the calendar that only occurs if there is no new alarm for there to be put intothe calendar...I agree it would be nice if this last alarm was removeable from the calendar after dismissal even if there is not a new alarm, but due to the way it works doesn't exactly sap your resources does it....great work fella

my only gripe is I cant get my head round the menu set up for alarm view and alarms (List) view I would find them much more intuetive the opposite way round

I would like to see the disable and enable left soft key option in the list view and the new left soft option in the alarm view, I would even pay a little extra to have this. (I do Hope bribery works lol)

Ok, one more time.

I've changed the API I use to detect time changes, hopefully that will fix things with the Dash and newer WM5 devices.

I've also fixed the "Show in Calendar" to remove it's appointments, especially when there isn't a new upcoming appointment.

I changed the landscape graphics so it shows the current and alarm times with a line between the two.

I've left it as Beta 7, please let me know if someone STILL runs into the start up error issue.

Thanks,

Kenny.

Guest conan_troutman
I would like to see the disable and enable left soft key option in the list view and the new left soft option in the alarm view, I would even pay a little extra to have this. (I do Hope bribery works lol)

guess some people are just beyond temptation lol

guess some people are just beyond temptation lol

I'll make the change and try it out myself, my Phone Illiterate user got it better the other way, but maybe she is just backward :)

Guest conan_troutman

thanks for trying it hope fully you will see the benefits when you try it especially if you have some alarms set for when you do late shifts and others for earlies and others for nights (doubt it though you probably do a proper job)

it really helps with activating and deactivating when you can see whats above and below perticulaly if the curser retains it position,

but if it doesn't work it doesn't work and i will just have to lump it wont I

EDIT

last alarm still not leaving the calendar

Edited by conan_troutman

Guest chaznet

After a dozen nor so reboots, haven't run into the bootup error :)

The display looks great with the separator...

The alarms are still showing in my calendar when set to disable, or deleted completely. Have to manually delete to get rid of the calendar entry:

--Create alarm, it shows in calendar

--Disable alarm, it still shows in calendar (tried rebooting, still shows)

--Delete alarm, still shows in calendar (tried rebooting, still shows)

I use Papyrus, though this shouldn't make a difference as I believe it's just a different interface to the same calendar database.

What does the setting for 'Respond to Time Change Events' do? It's off -- just curious.

One request (very minor) would be nice if the timers were separate of the alarms. When the lower screen is set to show alarms, timers are there as well -- would be great if they had their own 'home'...

Ok, one more time.

I've changed the API I use to detect time changes, hopefully that will fix things with the Dash and newer WM5 devices.

I've also fixed the "Show in Calendar" to remove it's appointments, especially when there isn't a new upcoming appointment.

I changed the landscape graphics so it shows the current and alarm times with a line between the two.

I've left it as Beta 7, please let me know if someone STILL runs into the start up error issue.

Thanks,

Kenny.

Edited by chaznet

Guest chaznet

Have been using the new beta for a week or so now, and have run into a couple things...

Thing1: 'Insufficient memory to execute application' message displays on screen when the alarm goes off. A couple times now, the morning alarm has sounded, this message is on the screen, and CityTime has exited. I leave it on screen and running when I turn it on at night, and prevously it would still be there in the morning at alarm time.

Thing2: The program exits on it's own. Left onscreen and running at night, the alarm sounds in the morning but the program isn't running or displayed. Have also run into this with the stopwatch running when a call comes in -- CityTime just exits.

Guest simba_1

I really like the application and i'm using it for some time. I have one question: Would it be possible to add the option for today and tomorrow when entering data for a new alarm? Now you can choose the date, but I always have to check which day it is too make sure that it rings on the right date (often today or tomorrow). :)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Peter LAuer

Hi Kenny

I bought the beta for my WM5 Cingular 8525. I have installed the latest version on my card.

And I have this problem, when I try to change the theme or any other option and say done it seems ok BUT when I close cityalarms and restart it not of the changes have taken affect.

can you please let me know how to fix..

thanks

Peter

Guest Peter LAuer

Hey Kenny

Are you able to help?

Hi Kenny

I bought the beta for my WM5 Cingular 8525. I have installed the latest version on my card.

And I have this problem, when I try to change the theme or any other option and say done it seems ok BUT when I close cityalarms and restart it not of the changes have taken affect.

can you please let me know how to fix..

thanks

Peter

Nice app, however, for some reason the alarm it plays has VERY low volume, despite setting on loud.

I am experiencing the exact same problem on my Verizon Q. Very low volume after about 30 seconds of playing an MP3, no matter what volume setting I use. I have paid for this application and emailed the developer at least ten time with absolutely NO response. How can they advertise MP3 alarms, collect a fee, and not respond to or fix this bug?? This is a MAJOR feature for it not to work!

Kenny or whomever, please respond to this problem and post a fix ASAP. I have given up trying to contact you via email.

UPDATE:

Seems to lower the volume after exactly 2 minutes of playing any MP3. I wonder if this is intentional?

Edited by wannaQ

Guest nehvada

i use this app on my HTC S310 Oxygen. its brilliant and i like it a lot. but i stumbled through some minor and mayor bugs:

- the alarm sound will allways play at the same volume. whatever setting i try nothing changes. i am dreaming of an increasing volume :)

- if i set an alarm specific loop for the ringtone instead of "default setting" it cummulates both settings. f.e. if you set 10 loops as default and 4 loops as alarm specific it got 40(!!) loops. :D

- if i use an mp3 file as the default alarm tone it does not reloop. it plays only once, thats it. so i decided to extend the ringtone itself by mp3directcut to 1 minute to let it work, but thats not how its intended to work, doesnt it?

- bluetooth setting doesnt work as intended. it changes to OFF at night and ON in the morning. but every day after it set the BT to ON the device does not recognize its paired devices. i tried everything including a reboot. the only thing that helps is a new search/pairing. no fun! this seems to be a common issue on applications like that. i had exactly the same problem with a nokia S60 device and a profile switcher which should also set BT by profile.

edit:

found another one:

- if profile switches over night from normal to silent and back the [G] symbol in the iconbar disappears. i wouldnt mind cause i dont need it, but i am wondering if this has any affect on the gprs functionality. but couldnt test it yet, still searching for the right gprs settings.

Edited by nehvada

Guest conan_troutman

your using the week day option and you have first day of week set to sunday by the sounds of it.

go to occurs in set up click menu and select change recurrance

select weekly and the option should be there

if this is what you are doing then i think you have a shot version uninstall and re install your alarms should remain safe

Guest sonicvision

Thanks for the reply... for some reason, it would only 'weekly' would only show up as Sun-Thurs. But if I select a date, and go back to change it, I get Sun-Sat.

• 1 month later...
Guest chaznet

Have been playing around with 2.0 for a day now, and it works great. Haven't experienced any boot errors, memory errors, or other issues I ran into with the beta. My favorite new feature works now, the 'show in calendar' option. Previously, an alarm would show up in the calendar, but remain there when the alarm was turned off or deleted, requiring a manual deletion of the appointment it created. Not any more, works perfectly -- combined with Facade as a homescreen; CityTime Alarms has just become the >only:o

My only, very minor, request -- the 'Alarm' view. It's really a 'Everything' view, showing all the mobile tasks, alarms, timers, and stopwatches created. Would be nice to have them separate. Also, this view doesn't sort in any particular order. It's not by time, date, alphabetical, or even event type. If possible, at least having the event types lumped together within the list (ie: all the alarms, then the timers, then the stopwatches, etc) and then some sort of order within the types (alphabetical or something). It's a small thing, and given how flawlessly the current version is working, it doesn't really matter if this makes it into the features or not ;)

Guest conan_troutman
My only, very minor, request -- the 'Alarm' view. It's really a 'Everything' view, showing all the mobile tasks, alarms, timers, and stopwatches created. Would be nice to have them separate. Also, this view doesn't sort in any particular order. It's not by time, date, alphabetical, or even event type. If possible, at least having the event types lumped together within the list (ie: all the alarms, then the timers, then the stopwatches, etc) and then some sort of order within the types (alphabetical or something). It's a small thing, and given how flawlessly the current version is working, it doesn't really matter if this makes it into the features or not

it lists them by DATE AND TIME order the enabled stuff first then the disabled stuff my only problem is it does not retain its position when switching between enabled and dis abled meaning if you enable an alarm you hen have to scroll through them all againto find the next disabled alrm you want to enable, ideally it should have seperate views for disabled and enabled so you can deal with enabling/ disbling multi alarms much faster.

Guest chaznet

That's one idea -- personally, I'd be fine with just 'alarms' 'timers/stopwatches' and 'mobile tasks' views -- sorted alphbetically. My lists within each view aren't all that long, possibly yours are more extensive. Don't see the need for additional breakdown of active/inactive for my use.

it lists them by DATE AND TIME order the enabled stuff first then the disabled stuff my only problem is it does not retain its position when switching between enabled and dis abled meaning if you enable an alarm you hen have to scroll through them all againto find the next disabled alrm you want to enable, ideally it should have seperate views for disabled and enabled so you can deal with enabling/ disbling multi alarms much faster.

Guest chaznet

I just ran into something that, unless changed, makes 2.0 totally useless. The alarm stops ringing. I'm not sure how long it rings, seemed like about 5 minutes, but with the 'personality' set to 'persistent' I would expect it to sound off until the user does something. Instead, it seemed to get quieter at some point, and then just shut off -- with the option to snooze-dismiss still on the screen. A huge disappointment after uninstalling the other alarm clock I was using, reprogramming the hardware key to launch CityTime Alarms, etc.

I also tried setting the 'loops' to 9999, but that had no effect. Damn... ;)

Guest chaznet

I don't think your product really compares to CityTime Alarms. A number of users, including myself, requested the calendar feature. Personally, I did it after trying yours and realizing it was a feature that would be great in any alarm program. You could do with some flattering of Kenny in all other areas of your product -- the interface, ease-of-use, etc... CityTime Alarms is >the one;)

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery"

Guest conan_troutman

HEY JC is an Inovator most things he does with his alerts and voice programms dont show up in other programs of similar type for a few years later

JC will always be ahead in one sense if only he could make his program native then it would truly be a world leader

Guest chaznet

Interesting... what are some of 'his things' that have 'shown up' in other programs? Which programs have 'his things' shown up in?

HEY JC is an Inovator most things he does with his alerts and voice programms dont show up in other programs of similar type for a few years later

JC will always be ahead in one sense if only he could make his program native then it would truly be a world leader

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.