CityTime Alarms Beta 2.0

Guest kennyg

Guest conan_troutman

well I cant swear to it but as far as I know it was first alarm to show in calendar, first tohave the ability to start programms at set times first to change BT mode first to go to Flight mode first to change Profiles, first and only alarm program that can "Successfully" send SMS at set time, first to allow you to make a voice note and play back as reminder at set time, first to record voice note and attach to an MMS/email to be sent on as a vocal reminder to your or nay ones elses email addy

and for me the first and only place for the best customer sevice other than Gadgetapps.net

JC is full aware I use other aplets as I find his to be too memory intensive but that does not stop me from giving him credit where credit is due

Guest fozzie
JC is full aware I use other aplets as I find his to be too memory intensive but that does not stop me from giving him credit where credit is due

So he makes great apps that are unusable because of their memory requirements?!

Guest conan_troutman
So he makes great apps

yes he does ,its because of the script he uses that the installations takes up lots of space, hopefully this will change when he converts his programs to .net

Edited by conan_troutman

Guest chaznet

...and these innovations have been copied by...? You mentioned things winding up in other programs 'a few years later'.

well I cant swear to it but as far as I know it was first alarm to show in calendar, first tohave the ability to start programms at set times first to change BT mode first to go to Flight mode first to change Profiles, first and only alarm program that can "Successfully" send SMS at set time, first to allow you to make a voice note and play back as reminder at set time, first to record voice note and attach to an MMS/email to be sent on as a vocal reminder to your or nay ones elses email addy

and for me the first and only place for the best customer sevice other than Gadgetapps.net

Guest blueparkman
I've just posted a new version of CityTime alarms with support for a number of new features.

Included in those features are:

- Added a new alarm type of Mobile Task, so you can run a program or a script file at a give time.

- Added support for landscape devices, including the Q.

- Fixed a few minor display bugs.

- Increase in world time cities from 1 to 4.

- New menu layout for easier navigation.

CityTimeAlarmsSp.exe

CityTimeAlarmsSp.ARM.CAB

AlarmsSp.jpgAlarmsSpQ.jpg

Kenny.

Yestoday I just found the informal vertion~

;)

Guest blueparkman
I've just posted a new version of CityTime alarms with support for a number of new features.

Included in those features are:

- Added a new alarm type of Mobile Task, so you can run a program or a script file at a give time.

- Added support for landscape devices, including the Q.

- Fixed a few minor display bugs.

- Increase in world time cities from 1 to 4.

- New menu layout for easier navigation.

CityTimeAlarmsSp.exe

CityTimeAlarmsSp.ARM.CAB

AlarmsSp.jpgAlarmsSpQ.jpg

Kenny.

Yestoday I just found the informal vertion~

;)

Guest johncody
...and these innovations have been copied by...? You mentioned things winding up in other programs 'a few years later'.

I believe WebIS' VoiceMinder is very similar to my Vnotes' "Email Voice Note to Myself" feature/idea that I released in May 2005

I believe Vito's VoiceReminder is very similar to my alerts! "Record Your Own alert Sound" feature/idea that I released in May 2005

I believe CityTime Alarm's "Show in Calendar" feature is very similar to my alerts! "Shadow Appointments" feature/idea that I released in May 2005

;)

Edited by johncody

Guest conan_troutman
QUOTE(chaznet @ Apr 17 2007, 01:03)

I believe WebIS' VoiceMinder is very similar to my Vnotes' "Email Voice Note to Myself" feature/idea that I released in May 2005

I believe Vito's VoiceReminder is very similar to my alerts! "Record Your Own alert Sound" feature/idea that I released in May 2005

I believe CityTime Alarm's "Show in Calendar" feature is very similar to my alerts! "Shadow Appointments" feature/idea that I released in May 2005

This post has been edited by johncody: Today, 12:46

and was the first and still the only applet to SUCCESSFULLY send SMS at a set time

Guest chaznet

Whatever you think has been copied, it's highly unprofessional of you to clutter up a competitor's support topic with junk like this.

;)

Guest conan_troutman

hey You asked we answered

one question chanet can you get city times to to successfully send SMS messages,

And when was the last time any of us got a responce here for a problem with city alarms from someone at city alarms?

Guest chaznet

I have no need to automatically send SMS messages; I do have a need for a well-designed and easy to use alarm clock/timer program. I own both of them, but much prefer CityTime Alarms -- especially the newest version. Maybe if I had a need to auto-send SMS messages, I'd re-install the John Cody program.

You should create a new topic for this junk.

one question chanet can you get city times to to successfully send SMS messages,

And when was the last time any of us got a responce here for a problem with city alarms from someone at city alarms?

Guest conan_troutman

ok so you dont need to.. i how ever do and city alarms has the option to but it has never worked for me,

could you at least test it to see if it does if not for me then for Kenny who designs codecity and others who be having similar problems with it not working

Guest chaznet

To be honest, didn't know that feature was in there. Just tried it a few times, it worked every time. Not sure if I'd ever use it, but it works.

Guest conan_troutman

is that on your dash or on your SP5 i cant get it to work on My Qtek8310 or my mifes MPX220

I also tried chronos that doesn't do it it either.

Guest chaznet

Dash

is that on your dash or on your SP5 i cant get it to work on My Qtek8310 or my mifes MPX220

I also tried chronos that doesn't do it it either.

Guest chaznet

;) Ooops... sorry, the few times I tried and thought it worked I was actually getting text messages (I sent the test messages to myself). I thought they were my test messages. I guess it doesn't work. Tried again, same thing -- wasn't sure if I was supposed to put a 1 in front of the phone number to text, so tried it both ways -- no difference. I did notice that after you enter a phone number in the the SMS Mobile Task, and save it, when you bring it back up it's gone. Luckily I don't need the feature. I very much like the alarm and timer features though -- and the interface, ease of use, etc... I did try the Cody product a few times, most recently when alarm duration was extended -- way to many hoops to jump through just to set a simple alarm, didn't have the look/feel of an alarm clock. Support was great, but it wasn't for me, sounds like CityTime Alarms might not be for you...

Edited by chaznet

Guest conan_troutman
Ooops... sorry, the few times I tried and thought it worked I was actually getting text messages (I sent the test messages to myself). I thought they were my test messages. I guess it doesn't work. Tried again, same thing -- wasn't sure if I was supposed to put a 1 in front of the phone number to text, so tried it both ways -- no difference. I did notice that after you enter a phone number in the the SMS Mobile Task, and save it, when you bring it back up it's gone. Luckily I don't need the feature. I very much like the alarm and timer features though -- and the interface, ease of use, etc... I did try the Cody product a few times, most recently when alarm duration was extended -- way to many hoops to jump through just to set a simple alarm, didn't have the look/feel of an alarm clock. Support was great, but it wasn't for me, sounds like CityTime Alarms might not be for you...

that my friend is what has put us on the exact same wave length

city time alarms is the program for me entiry because of what you said too many loops to jump through

However JC stays onboard for the SMS feature, and may be removed if city time get the sms feature working, but I will always give JC the credit for implimenting that and other features first

thank you for taking the time to look into this aspect more clearly and thoroughlly

Guest conan_troutman
Ooops... sorry, the few times I tried and thought it worked I was actually getting text messages (I sent the test messages to myself). I thought they were my test messages. I guess it doesn't work. Tried again, same thing -- wasn't sure if I was supposed to put a 1 in front of the phone number to text, so tried it both ways -- no difference. I did notice that after you enter a phone number in the the SMS Mobile Task, and save it, when you bring it back up it's gone. Luckily I don't need the feature. I very much like the alarm and timer features though -- and the interface, ease of use, etc... I did try the Cody product a few times, most recently when alarm duration was extended -- way to many hoops to jump through just to set a simple alarm, didn't have the look/feel of an alarm clock. Support was great, but it wasn't for me, sounds like CityTime Alarms might not be for you...

that my friend is what has put us on the exact same wave length

city time alarms is the program for me entiry because of what you said too many loops to jump through

However JC stays onboard for the SMS feature, and may be removed if city time get the sms feature working, but I will always give JC the credit for implimenting that and other features first

thank you for taking the time to look into this aspect more clearly and thoroughlly

Guest johncody
-- way to many hoops to jump through just to set a simple alarm

I obviously don't want to support my product in a competitor's forum, so it would be greatly appreciated if you could just take a few seconds to use my "Contact Us" form to tell me why you feel it's a lot of hoops to setup a simple alarm in alerts! I'm curious because I specifically created the "Quick Launch" shortcuts feature so you could create a new alarm in as little keypresses as possible - for example you can setup a 25-minute countdown alarm in just 4 key presses. I can't see it being any less "hoops" ;)

http://www.omnisoft.com/contact.asp

Guest conan_troutman

May I should mention as a night worker i often have things to say to people (family friends) who works the usual day time shift and sleep nigts sending SMS messages at set times allows me to say the things I need to say instantly so I dont forget and then it goes during the day so that they get it.

for me its a beautiful beautiful feature

Guest chaznet

Just a matter of preference I guess. You're right not to want to participate inappropriately in a competitor's forum.

I obviously don't want to support my product in a competitor's forum... ;)

• 3 months later...
Guest Elena

Please, Please, help me, I must tomorow to work and this is my first day in company, I have problems to wake up! I need a Alarm clock on my PocketPC I have tested so many tools.

And this here CityTimeAlarm looks very interesting!! I have installed and I would like to know how I make the alarm unlimited, what I must type in the "loops" that ring unlimited till I push a button to dissmiss?? Please helping me!!

What does it mean: Personality ==> Subtle and Persistant?

And second question, where are the alarm times saved, for backup purpose? In the registry I didn't found nothing?

Thank you in advance for any help!!!!!!!!

Namaste!!

Guest conan_troutman

the alarms are saved in a .vol file in the application folder.

subtle and persistent determins the gap between the loops either a three second gap or just a single second gap.

as for number of repetitions...i use one and it just goes and goes until I dismiss it if in doubt try some sample alarms to get an idea of the differences

Guest Elena

@==>conan_troutman

For the first, thank you very much for your fast answer! :)

Ok, I understand, but now I have a other question:

I made a Alarm, persistent,loops "9999",Volume "loud".

Now, if the alarm is ringin, after one minute, the volume from the ringtone is it going 20% to soften. Why? How I can fix this? Or is it a bug?

Sorry, for my bad english, english isnt my power suite! :P

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.