Sniper

Guest greenturtle

Guest iforevans
got any screen shots of a pocket pc version ?

I was just trying to do some, but I can't get SmartSS to work on my pocket pc.

I'll see if theres anything else i can do.

...Ifor

Guest iforevans
FairDeal?

http://FairDeal.MoDaCo.com (click the link at the bottom of the first page)

P

Hi Paul,

Yeah, I approached them a while ago with a view to getting an account setup for when Sniper was released. They asked me to come back when it was finished ;-)

So I approached them again about a week ago, and got an email from a guy called David Schoenbach. Asking for more info and some blurb etc. I haven't heard anything since. If you know how to speed the process let me know! ;-)

Smartphone.net were simply the first ones to give me somewhere to sell it. I'd be quite happy to sell on MobiHand since they give much more of the proceeds to the developer (and let me tewll you there ain't much left when the Smartphone.net take their significant share, then the tax man has his greedy hand out :-( )

...ifor

Edited by iforevans

Guest iforevans
I use that as well , with the skin mode its nice to see the phone on the laptops screen :)

Is it a free download? [clinking his coppers together]

Guest peekie
Is it a free download? [clinking his coppers together]

no its not free but is worth the money , a couple of sales should get you this perfect application , you can download the trial version to see if its what you want :)

Guest iforevans
Can someone try this on a Universal (WM5) please? I cannot get it to send a message to my C500 or my Vario :S

Hi jason,

I can send from a Wizard WM5 to a C500.

Couple of questions.

1. Can you see the receiving device in the Scanner? I.e. you did a scan and then selected the c500 in the scanner window?

2. The C500 has the Receive incoming beams option unticked?

3. What happens when it fails? what error?

Cheers

...ifor

Guest iforevans
Hi Paul,

Yeah, I approached them a while ago with a view to getting an account setup for when Sniper was released. They asked me to come back when it was finished ;-)

So I approached them again about a week ago, and got an email from a guy called David Schoenbach. Asking for more info and some blurb etc. I haven't heard anything since. If you know how to speed the process let me know! ;-)

Smartphone.net were simply the first ones to give me somewhere to sell it. I'd be quite happy to sell on MobiHand since they give much more of the proceeds to the developer (and let me tewll you there ain't much left when the Smartphone.net take their significant share, then the tax man has his greedy hand out :-( )

...ifor

Well, that was coincidental. I just heard from MobiHand, my account is all set up!

I just need to fill in some online forms and post Sniper up there and it should be available direct from MoDaCo tommorowish :)

...ifor

Guest iforevans
Well, that was coincidental. I just heard from MobiHand, my account is all set up!

I just need to fill in some online forms and post Sniper up there and it should be available direct from MoDaCo tommorowish :)

...ifor

Well, Sniper has been posted with Fairdeal (Mobihand.com) that sell on MoDaCo, so hopefully by tommow it should be available here as well :)

This is a big deal for me as FaireDeal only take 20% as opposed to other sites that take 40%-60%, leaving not much for the hardworking developer.

BTW I'm still working on small enhancements and fixes that will use the same reg system. That means these upgrades will be free for registered users ;)

...Ifor

Edited by iforevans

Guest iforevans
When is the pocket pc version coming out then ? as i do not see it on any online shops :)

It's the same version. There is a a couple of PPC cabs in the download file as well as SMP CABs.

I just haven't put it in the PPC section yet as I don't have screenshots.

...Ifor

Guest iforevans
got any screen shots of a pocket pc version ?

Thanks to Soti, here are some cool looking PPC screenshots. It looks exactly like my Cingular 8125 (probably cos it *was* running on my 8125 :-)

Looks good ey?

...ifor

post-170252-1150380007_thumb.jpg

post-170252-1150380022_thumb.jpg

post-170252-1150380251_thumb.jpg

post-170252-1150380269_thumb.jpg

post-170252-1150380570_thumb.jpg

post-170252-1150380898_thumb.jpg

post-170252-1150381032_thumb.jpg

Edited by iforevans

Guest iforevans

Ok, Sniper, both Pocket PC and SmartPhone Editions are *live* on Modaco/Mobihand.com

Here are the links

PocketPC --> http://www.mobihand.com/product.asp?id=6822

SmartPhone --> http://www.mobihand.com/product.asp?id=6823

Or here on MoDaCo

http://fairdeal.modaco.com/homeSoftware.as...niper&submit=Go

Cheers!

...Ifor

Edited by iforevans

Guest nastassja

everytime you send a msg to a another device, a text is automatically added to your message, something like "msg sent via sniper"

is there an option to turn that off? i find that ok for unregistered users, but after paying for the software one doesnt expect this kind of advertizing in every msg :)

Guest iforevans
everytime you send a msg to a another device, a text is automatically added to your message, something like "msg sent via sniper"

is there an option to turn that off? i find that ok for unregistered users, but after paying for the software one doesnt expect this kind of advertizing in every msg :)

That is a very valid point. I'll add to the list of stuff I'm planning for the next minor release.

Cheers

...ifor

Guest nastassja

you would be surprised.. i went to the cinema the other day and just before the movie i detected 12 devices around me!! (one was from a friend)

to be fair, i have to say that movie was x-men3, so a lot of freaks around :)

Guest leethacker

Whoaaaa, Sniper is selling really really good! Congrats ifor, you deserve it after all the work you've put into that app. :)

Guest iforevans
Whoaaaa, Sniper is selling really really good! Congrats ifor, you deserve it after all the work you've put into that app. :)

In faireness those are downloads *not* purchases, we'll see how it goes after the trial expires!

[sent from my phone in a bar in New York watching ENGLAND!]

Guest mini_man

Wow 665! thats loads!!!

Thanks Lee for submitting this to msmobile :) was just about to do tht myself!

WOOOWWWWEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!! 1000th post on modaco!!!!!!!!

Hardcore now!

Guest iforevans

Guys,

I have put a new version of Sniper up on Smartphone.net and ModaCo.

This version only has registration changes. It now uses the owner Id instead of the device ID. This is at the request of Handango * Smartphone.net & MobiHand.com who *all* use owner id for automatically generated reg codes.

Those of you who want to upgrade and already have reg codes, download the new Sniper. It will complain that the current reg code is invalid. Send me the Owner id showing on that page and I'll send you the correct reg code for going forward. You will need to do this for all the other enhancemnts coming ;-)

Cheers

...Ifor