Sniper

Guest greenturtle

Guest iforevans
yeah but that means its a much sort after program so its also a compliment....you might have to tie in the email address too.

Cracked and popular don't pay the rent or allow me to eat mate :)

...ifor

Guest awarner (MVP)

Have a chat with the guys that do Co-Pilot, as far as I am aware it's one of the very few apps that has never been cracked.

Problem is it will more than likely restrict who you can then sell through unless you decide to sell it yourself.

Unfortunately there are too many freeloaders about, just look at TomTom for a good example.

Guest peekie

Thats the problem even if you add an extra security in the end its still a programme and if it can be made it can be broke , even the latest snijper 170 is hacked :) its a shame the guys who spend all their time hacking cant make a programme and be part of the group instead of theives :)

Guest iforevans
Have a chat with the guys that do Co-Pilot, as far as I am aware it's one of the very few apps that has never been cracked.

Problem is it will more than likely restrict who you can then sell through unless you decide to sell it yourself.

Unfortunately there are too many freeloaders about, just look at TomTom for a good example.

Yeah, I hear ya. The new version of Sniper, due for release in the next few days is *way* more secure. Unfortunately this means that it will *not* be sold on Handango or any site that insists I use Owner Id for registration purposes. It will now be sold through Smartphone.si

Cheers

...Ifor

Guest iforevans

170 is cracked? can you PM me with details?

...Ifor

Edited by iforevans

Guest conan_troutman

have you looked at tieing in the email address in the owners info area or looked at the way omnisift do there software it may not be bullet proof but it sure as s*** would slow them down they seem to be hacking it as you release it under the current method also the device id way you went with at the start is just as easily crackable as the owner ID route which is why I tried to suggest a secondry back up so aswell as the key matching the owner id it must also match the email address in the owner id area which is the same one used to purchase it.

the down side to that is for the end user as my self you see I have a private email I use for purchases then I have my public email which is the one on my phone so I have to then spend a couple of days emailing the people to get them to change my code to make it compatible with the email on the phone.

oxios and omnisoft both use this message.

papyrus have it where you enter the email address you used to purchase it aswell as a 16 digit alphanumeric case sensitive code.

unsure how safe that is though.

but Iknow where you are coming from I was once a strugling muscian my brother still is and being bootlegged is always gonna cost you money but we learned to see the silver lining too that we were sort after, much like sniper is.

sorry once agian I know it doesn't pay the bills but you cant let the bar stars grind you down if you get me drift

Guest peekie

it really needs to be imei based as well as most of the pirates use false emails and as there is a programme that allows multi user names that would not work, maybe in a simular way as florin uses for his sim unlocks where the buyer recieves a special file that is bound to the phones imei and use that to register it

Guest iforevans
it really needs to be imei based as well as most of the pirates use false emails and as there is a programme that allows multi user names that would not work, maybe in a simular way as florin uses for his sim unlocks where the buyer recieves a special file that is bound to the phones imei and use that to register it

It is now based on BlueTooth Radio address which is unique to each device and *cannot* be changed.

MrMiyagi

Guest conan_troutman

the thing is what you have to do now is make the next version as secure as possible and more desiarable than the first version to stop people wanting the first version.

I get lots of requests ror people wanting to have programs i have aswell as my codes for them and if it wasnt for the fact that one particular company use my personal email address to activate it i would give that copy and code to everyone becouse the robbing gets stiffed me,

but on the other hand i bought two programs from john cody becouse his customer service was first rate.....and I ahve never ever used them...i install the latest version every few months to see whats changed but the remove them as i have other programs that do the same thing...they're not better than JCs there just more me if that makes sense....I digress.....make sure V2 wipes the floor with V1 then people will want to get there mits on it and when they have to pay for it they will cos who will want the second rate V1 after thye tried V2.

You know you can do it i know you can do it and I sit here waiting just so i can cough up what ever I can scratch together to get a opy of V2

after V2.0 of city time alarms though i would kill for the next upgrade of that

Guest SilentBob

Hi,

I have downloaded a trial version of Sniper. However one thing about it is bugging me. It is stated that you can send anonymous messages. However, when I sent some test messages it always gave a notification giving the name from my owner information and file name (msg1.txt or similar). I am running this on a MDA Vario (WM5).

Is there a setting I'm supposed to change t oprevent it giving sender details?

Also, when sending to another WM5 device WITHOUT Sniper installed, rather than open the message it saves it. The device user then has to search for the file to be able to open it. FYI it was saved to My Documents.

Before advancing to the point where I think "yeah this is cool. I'm gonna buy it" I'd like to resolve this issue. I can send non-anonymous files with standard software.

Thanks.

Guest iforevans
Hi,

I have downloaded a trial version of Sniper. However one thing about it is bugging me. It is stated that you can send anonymous messages. However, when I sent some test messages it always gave a notification giving the name from my owner information and file name (msg1.txt or similar). I am running this on a MDA Vario (WM5).

Is there a setting I'm supposed to change t oprevent it giving sender details?

Also, when sending to another WM5 device WITHOUT Sniper installed, rather than open the message it saves it. The device user then has to search for the file to be able to open it. FYI it was saved to My Documents.

Before advancing to the point where I think "yeah this is cool. I'm gonna buy it" I'd like to resolve this issue. I can send non-anonymous files with standard software.

Thanks.

Hmmm ok. So, firstly the anonymous issue. The text messaging *is* anonymous in that Sniper does not send any details of the Sender *unless* you choose to use the optional "from" field on the compose message form. The problem is that the underlying Bluetooth stack does *have* to identify itself when handshaking with another BlueTooth device. It *will* send the owner Id of the device and there is nothing Sniper can do about this. So what a lot of people do is change their owner id before using Sniper to something innocuous.

Secondly, Sniper cannot do anything about the receiving device's capabilities. Some devices without Sniper will accept the message and show it directly to the user i.e. Nokias & Sony-Ericssons do this out of the box using applications like Notes & Jotter. However the built in BlueTooth receiver in Windows Mobile devices will only save incoming files to the My Documents folder. Then you have to start File Explorer, go find the file, open it in some form of Notepad or viewer to read. If you want to send back, you have to use an editor, then File Explorer *again* to beam the file back.

"That's terrible!" I hear you cry :) Yep! Why the h*ll do you think I wrote Sniper?? BlueTooth is currently very limited on a lot of devices especialy WM devices *hence* the need for Sniper, which by the way will also let you specify a range of incoming folders for diferent file types like, music, pictures apps etc

So the receiving device doesn *need* to have Sniper, but if its a WM device it makes the whole experience a lot nicer :)

Hope this helps

...Ifor

Edited by iforevans

Guest iforevans

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to let you all know that Sniper 1.1.237 has been released

*HERE*

Sniper 1.1.237 includes many enhancements and improvements over the previous 1.0.170 release. These include bug fixes, usability enhancements and lots of new features.

The new features include:-

Edited by iforevans

Guest Confucious

Just spent ages trying to find this as I started at the begenning of the thread and none of the links had it - can you edit the first post to say that it's only available from one place now?

Save any other poor sucker going through what I just did! :)

Guest iforevans
Just spent ages trying to find this as I started at the begenning of the thread and none of the links had it - can you edit the first post to say that it's only available from one place now?

Save any other poor sucker going through what I just did! :)

That's a *really* good idea mate :)

Will do...

...Ifor

Guest oracle00
Hmmm ok. So, firstly the anonymous issue. The text messaging *is* anonymous in that Sniper does not send any details of the Sender *unless* you choose to use the optional "from" field on the compose message form. The problem is that the underlying Bluetooth stack does *have* to identify itself when handshaking with another BlueTooth device. It *will* send the owner Id of the device and there is nothing Sniper can do about this. So what a lot of people do is change their owner id before using Sniper to something innocuous.

...Ifor

hi, i haven't tried this program yet.. but from what was mentioned, is it possible to include in a feature in Sniper that allows a user to enter in a "Owner ID" which Sniper will use to change the Owner ID before sending the txt msg out and then changing it back to the original Owner ID after sending the txt message.

in this way, the whole process can be anonymous.. is this possible?

cheers

Guest iforevans
hi, i haven't tried this program yet.. but from what was mentioned, is it possible to include in a feature in Sniper that allows a user to enter in a "Owner ID" which Sniper will use to change the Owner ID before sending the txt msg out and then changing it back to the original Owner ID after sending the txt message.

in this way, the whole process can be anonymous.. is this possible?

cheers

Yes, that is very possible. It may be that Sniper would have to change the Owner Id to something that the user specifies when it starts and then puts it back when you exit. The reason for this is that devices scanning may see your owner id when you are passive i.e. not sending otherwise.

The problem with this is that other software you are running may be registered to your real owner id and may refuse to run while you are in "stealth" mode.

What do you think? Is this an issue?

Cheers

...Ifor

Guest oracle00
Yes, that is very possible. It may be that Sniper would have to change the Owner Id to something that the user specifies when it starts and then puts it back when you exit. The reason for this is that devices scanning may see your owner id when you are passive i.e. not sending otherwise.

The problem with this is that other software you are running may be registered to your real owner id and may refuse to run while you are in "stealth" mode.

What do you think? Is this an issue?

Cheers

...Ifor

thanks for the reply :) and apologies for my late reply... actually, i think it may even add to the the other party's confusion if you change the Owner ID back... cos he will be scanning but wouldnt be able to find the ID tat was indicated when he received the message... but i am no expert in this.... will this be the case or iit doesn't work that way?

if that is correct, then it may minimise conflict with other software that is registered based on the real owner id... since we are on that, would it cause a problem if the software is running in memory in the background and there is a change in owner id?

alternatively, if it is not too complicated, you may want to consider including an option for the user to choose to either switch back to the original ID when Sniper exits or to switch back the original ID when the message has been sent out. wat do you think?

Edited by oracle00

Guest James
erm I think there is some confusion with owner ID and Bluetooth name here

On, pocket PC devices the 'Owner Name' is automaticly the 'Bluetooth name' there is no option to set the bluetooth name differently. (except via the registery that is!) i have used 'MobileRegistryEditor' from 'BreakSoft' (a freebie) to change the bluetooth name on my PPC. i dont know where i got it from??? but it works...

http://www.breaksoft.com/Blog/Utilities/20...try_Editor.aspx

HKCU/Software/Microsoft/Bluetooth/Settings/LocalName

Guest conan_troutman

then couldn't you provide ifor with the reg entry (search for your BT name to find it) then he could use that to create a BT name for PPC users with out effecting that of the owner ID

Guest PaceUK

My opinion so dont bash...

I think its pretty useless lol.

I have tried it with about 5 devices and on the K750i which it worked on, it prompted to save a message at least twice before it was displayed... now if you diddnt know what it were you would just reject it... So I cant seem to work out why everyone is raving about it?

Gotta admit though I was eagerly awaiting this for months... what a let down =(

Guest mini_man

I dont know what your on about it works fine for all my targets.

If people reject it then it comes up on the screen and thats just life, you cant force people too that the downside of bluetooth.

Sam

Guest Sp00k
My opinion so dont bash...

I think its pretty useless lol... >snip

Well, so far, I've only 'dabbled' with Sniper.. After a recent supermarket trip, from data received whilst BlueJacking there, I now know where Elvis shops, that "Martin" has some friends? with a sense of humour and will perhaps learn not to leave his phone laying around in future, as his username is now "Martin is a W*nker". I also learned that "Annette" is looking for a sexy guy"... Unfortunately I don't know who "Annette" is... But you can't have everything! ;)

From the amount of times my BlueJack message was received and accepted, I've good reason to believe that one or two, having received a message thanking them for their donation to a local charity and telling them that the amount will shortly be deducted from their call-credit; have been keeping a close eye on their account balance recently! :)

Not quite up the standard of sending hordes of recipients into MacDonalds, clamouring for a free Happy-Meal... But it's a start!

I'm looking forward to having a lot more fun with Sniper in future! :D

Edited by Sp00k

Guest conan_troutman

hey you stealing my tricks have you tried the one that tells them due to networking error there sim card has been corrupted please switch off phone remove batery and sim replace batery with out sim

if your phone still does not work contact customer services or take your phone to your dealer....

now thats funy to watch