T-Mobile ship MSFP (AKU2) updates to UK customers

Guest PaulOBrien

cant get Word Mobile to load, just endless loading cursor displays. And doesnt seem to pick up any sound files (wav etc..) when assigning to a sound event from a storage card

and now, black screen, service light flashing and cant even tap the device or switch off the phone!

took out the battery, and seems to have done a factory reset (not hard reset) as the date is reset back to the ROM date (9th March 2006), just like what happened with the original ROM!

Edited by Tech

Guest stevie_mac

I know this is Pocket PC News but...

Any word on an update for the V1240 Smartphone?

I had to install the QTEK rom for MSN messenger & updated comm manager (not using push email at the moment)

Cheers, Steve

Guest chrisbpr

I have the imate kjam rom installed with the push email etc on my vario.

is it worth installing this new rom as I have found the imate rom to be a lot more stable & faster than the old tmob rom.

Guest steve_smith

is it worth installing this new rom as I have found the imate rom to be a lot more stable & faster than the old tmob rom.

I was thinking exactly the same as you. Have also been using the K-Jam ROM for some time with little or no problems. If all this new T-Mobile ROM does is to reintroduce the T-Mobile branding and menus, then I won't bother :) Not to mention the hassle of having to reinstall Tom Tom and get push email working again.

Guest snoopstar

Same here. was just thinking about going back to the new T-Mobile Rom from the I-mate one to maybe reinstate my warrantee.

Guest Paul (MVP)
I know this is Pocket PC News but...

Any word on an update for the V1240 Smartphone?

I had to install the QTEK rom for MSN messenger & updated comm manager (not using push email at the moment)

Cheers, Steve

You obviously missed our Vodafone post!

AKU2 for the v1240 is already available here!

P

Guest andybarker
also whats LEAP in the Wireless network settings?

Looked it up on google, turns out it is some sort of Cisco standard of authentication (as far as I can understand it).

Guest TheDon

I got my new Vario from T mobile 2 weeks ago and the latest rom was already on it!!

:)

of course not having used the old one i didnt realise! doh! lol

Guest shadamehr

Damnation Damnation!

Just a heads up to say that this AKU2 update is like all the rest - that is, if you were one of those few people with wireless routers like the Belkin pre-n one I have, then applying an AKU2 rom from ANY manufacturer stops the device from connecting to your Wireless Router.

It just sits there trying to connect then saying "Available" then "Connecting" then "Available" without any helpful explanation as to what the problem is.

I can confirm, having applied it last night, that THIS T-Mobile update also causes this.

So thats an I-Mate AKU2, a Qtek AKU2, an O2 AKU2, and now a T-Mobile AKU2 that this happens on, yet any manufacturer original ROM works fine...

Some SOFTware coding in the AKU2 updates prevent it working with certain routers such as the Belkin pre-n one that has been great with my psp's xbox's imate sp5's laptops etc, and mda pro.

Paul or anyone else, can you offer any advice as to what I can do to try and resolve this - as I can't really email T-Mobile and tell them that I have tried ALL the other make AKU2 ROM updates, and thus it is something in the code.

It's driving me mad... I want AKU2, but I NEED Wireless connection at home!

Guest tsutton

Can anyone confirm if this update fixes the problem with the vario rebooting whatever it likes with the memory card inserted?

Thanks,

Guest chucky.egg
Paul or anyone else, can you offer any advice as to what I can do to try and resolve this

Buy a Netgear router - works lubberly with my AKU2 Wizard :)

(sorry, couldn't resist)

Guest Swampie
Clock not showing in the title bar on home screen isn't a problem, as you still have the option to show the clock in application title bars.

I use my Vario as a watch, just pull it out, turn it on and check the time, even if it's on the password screen. Can you confirm if the password screen still shows the time?

Thanks

Guest TheDon
I use my Vario as a watch, just pull it out, turn it on and check the time, even if it's on the password screen. Can you confirm if the password screen still shows the time?

Thanks

Yes the clock still shows! :)

Guest daftveggie

Do we have the stereo Bluetooth Profile for the vario on the new ROM?

Currently have the imate one installed and patched with it

Guest andysalmon

I could not get my Vario to connect to my wireless router at all on the previous ROM- 1st time with the new ROM. Non recognition of the memory card sorted as well.

Guest shadamehr
shadamehr, not seen that problem, my (b/g) access point works fine with AKU2.

P

Yup...

It's us meagre few with Belkin Pre-N's.

But who do we blame??? Belkin, as most other routers work fine...

Or The Handset, as the Vario works fine with ANY pre-AKU2 ROM, BUT, won't work with ANY manufacturer AKU2 update ROM...

It's a one of 'those' awkward issues...

Just to Clarify...

The reason I 'know' it's the ROM to blame, is what answers other posts in here - for many people they could not get it to work PRE AKU2 with their routers, or unless they applied the patch.

Now, many people who it never used to work for, now CAN get it to work with their router with the new AKU2 ROMS.

Sadly, whatever it was they did to FIX it for all of those, is exactly what seems to have broken in for us lot with Belkins.

(Bear in mind, I can connect fine to the brother-in-law's router next door with an AKU2 ROM - just not mine)

Edited by shadamehr

Guest mandt
Can anyone confirm if this update fixes the problem with the vario rebooting whatever it likes with the memory card inserted?

Thanks,

Nope,

mine just rebooted all by itself!

Guest tsutton
Nope,

mine just rebooted all by itself!

I have installed the update anyway and waiting for it to happen... (or not - hopefully!)

Guest rikwebb

Just reporting that after the update, wifi still works with the DRAYTEK VIGOR 2800VG.

now to see if its still sim unlocked :)

EDIT: Yep - still sim ulocked :)

Edited by rikwebb

Guest shadamehr

HEADS UP>>>

Especially for daftveggie et al... a2dp/Wireless Stereo!!!

It seems the T-Mobile MDA Pro (Universal) AKU2 ROM Update DOES indeed include a2dp/wireless stereo/bluetooth High quality audio or whatever other name it wants to go by.

Or at least I think it does - let me explain, and you can decide if I am right or not...

After updating BOTH my Vario and Pro with these new T-Mobile ROMS, I set about re-pairing them with my PC via Bluetooth, to get it to discover the ActiveSync Profile so I can sync over Bluetooth.

And while I was doing so, the MDA Pro reported the existance of "Wireless Stereo" as profile support on my PC (which incidentally I just recently updated with the latest Widcomm BT drivers and software).

So I ticked the box to use Wireless Stereo, and all my audio, clicks, keytones etc, were routed from the device, to my PC.

So I then set about to play a song in Windows Media, and I have to say even a 64Kb quality dance version of the Wild Rover, sounded excellent routed to my PC.

Even my normally chatty sounding ringtone files, sounded great when routed through my PC.

And let me be clear, this is NOT the usual "Audio Gateway" profile we all already have... This was something very new to me - "Wireless Stereo" Profile.

It gives a picture of a set of headphones with a musical note in the middle, on the title bar on the Pocket PC.

Additionally, and why I think this is the built in a2dp thingy people keep referring to... is that when I paired with the Vario with the new ROM on, it did NOT offer me "Wireless Stereo"

So Paul or someone knowledgeable will be able to tell straight away, if what I described means that the new T-Mobile aku2 rom for the MDA Pro means it includes Wireless Stereo/a2dp support - but my interpretation of all this is that it does!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.