MoDaCo Summer Event 2006: SPV C600 MoDaCo Edition!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest creamhackered

I still firmly believe Orange are the best network in the UK by far. Although I'm now with T-Mobile the only reason I left was because the tarrifs at the time didn't suit me and the data was too expensive. If they change this over the next year then I'll happily return.

Edited by creamhackered

Guest jm012a9749
Cool. I'd like to book now please....

Richard

not missing the next one... sign me up too! event looked awesome!

how on earth did monolithix keep the c600 give-away a secret? :)

phil

Guest Confucious

I have a feeling a lot of people are going to book next year hoping they will get a free phone and will be disappointed when they don't

This was a one off and I doubt if anything like it will be repeated. By all means book for a great event but don't expect a free phone!

Guest jm012a9749
I have a feeling a lot of people are going to book next year hoping they will get a free phone and will be disappointed when they don't

This was a one off and I doubt if anything like it will be repeated. By all means book for a great event but don't expect a free phone!

free phones are great yes but i still feel like i missed out on alot by not going without the pleasant suprise of a free phone. i would not go to a modaco meet soley to get a free phone! hope i speak for everybody when i say that. free phones or not, i'm not missing another event. it looked fantastic and i regret having such a busy lifestyle!

phil

Guest nforsans

This sweet C600 has reopened the whole debate for me: pocketpc or smartphone?

I bought a Orange PAYG and topped it up with

Edited by nforsans

Guest nforsans

By the way, I talked to the Orange guy at the event (Hanif?) and I asked him about what he thought of T's web'nwalk offering. He said T was loosing money by doing so as the

Guest sxywill2005

I think Orange has been a key supporter of Windows Mobile from the start. By Orange doing this for its hardcore fans really shows their support and dedication to the Windows Mobile platform.

Despite the free phone, the event was fantastic by itself and we have Chris to thank for that. Orange, was a fantastic host and I really hope MoDaCo attendees respect them on this and support Orange by putting a Orange SIM in your handset. If you don't have one- get a free one

Guest Confucious

I have an O Sim in my C600 - that's not to say I won't get it unlocked but you're rght - a great free gift does deserve some loyalty.

As to data....

When I first got my O2 Exec of eBay I used it on 3 then orange and got 3 months free data usage. I was using, I think IIRC 50 - 70Mb per month and what I wanted was for someone to do 100Mb for 10 squid - a pipe dream!

Then my 3 months run out and I had to turn data off - it felt like my right arm had been cut off - it' what the Universal is made for.

Then T gave us unlimited data for

Guest nforsans
I think Orange has been a key supporter of Windows Mobile from the start. By Orange doing this for its hardcore fans really shows their support and dedication to the Windows Mobile platform.

Despite the free phone, the event was fantastic by itself and we have Chris to thank for that. Orange, was a fantastic host and I really hope MoDaCo attendees respect them on this and support Orange by putting a Orange SIM in your handset. If you don't have one- get a free one

I agree - and it is a great opportunity for Orange the regain the confidence of its ex-fans who have churned for more attractive data tariffs..!

Hope they get it right - thanks Orange, I'm using a PAYG orange sim card in my C600...

Guest jm012a9749
I agree - and it is a great opportunity for Orange the regain the confidence of its ex-fans who have churned for more attractive data tariffs..!

Hope they get it right - thanks Orange, I'm using a PAYG orange sim card in my C600...

if orange had a tariff with unlimited data + 750minutes + 500 texts all for 50 quid or less and brought out the hermes and did all of that before T release the hermes i would happily stay with them!

come on orange! you know what we all want! so give it to us!

phil

Guest sporkguy

Thing is, I only NEED one for Orange Wednesdays, as T are paying for everything for me anyway.

Guest tsutton
Slightly OT, but given the new tariffs and all... are there any plans to invite other network operators to these meets in future?

Not that I want a bright pink and grey T-Mobile phone, but I can't see myself going back to Orange any time soon.

Just a thought

Yeah that would be good... that should bring in more people attending.

I think Paul only stayed with Orange is because Orange are much better with events and they have a good working contact with Paul.

Guest peekie
if orange had a tariff with unlimited data + 750minutes + 500 texts all for 50 quid or less and brought out the hermes and did all of that before T release the hermes i would happily stay with them!

come on orange! you know what we all want! so give it to us!

phil

You guys are being ripped off in the uk by t-mobile , you pay without a problem 50 pounds for that ;) t- mobile here do the same for a third of the price you guys pay plus 3x more wifi points as well, you should really be asking yourself why the uk t-mobile charges you so much if all the euro versions are being charge less and you get less than the euro t-mobiles i would myself be asking why , its not such a good deal your being ripped off :)

Guest nforsans
You guys are being ripped off in the uk by t-mobile , you pay without a problem 50 pounds for that ;) t- mobile here do the same for a third of the price you guys pay plus 3x more wifi points as well, you should really be asking yourself why the uk t-mobile charges you so much if all the euro versions are being charge less and you get less than the euro t-mobiles i would myself be asking why , its not such a good deal your being ripped off :)

well, it's all down to the competitive environment here.... phones are more subsidised by network operators here in the UK than they are in the rest of Europe.

I got my Wizard/Vario free when it was released by T-Mobile last October on a

Guest Confucious
You guys are being ripped off in the uk by t-mobile , y

I pay GBP 31.88 /month for flext35 and unlimited data. For that I get up to 900 mins or 1800 texts or any combination (texts 10p mins 20p up to

Guest nforsans
Bulk buying would usually mean cheaper price per phone.

Sure, but here is why the other operators are not as aggressive as T-Mobile: it does not make business sense.

Even if bulk buying meant they could get the Wizard for

Edited by nforsans

Guest nforsans
I pay GBP 31.88 /month for flext35 and unlimited data. For that I get up to 900 mins or 1800 texts or any combination (texts 10p mins 20p up to

Guest chucky.egg
How much would you be willing to pay for an all-you-can-eat bundle on top of the voice plan?

The thing is we went through that some time ago.

There was a petition that Paul created, which (last I heard) had a couple of thousand signatures of people saying "I'd swap networks for a reasonably priced all-you-can-eat" data bundle

Note a peep from Orange, who (I assume) were the intended recipient.

T-Mobile bring out exactly that bundle and what happens? Fairly large numbers of people leave Orange for T-Mobile.

The old petition (now closed I assume)

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?showtopic=94441

The old modaco poll

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?showtopic=200777

Guest Paul (MVP)

Now that T-Mo WnW is 7.50 per month, the max i'd pay for unlimited data is... 7.50 per month.

;)

I would probably also want FlexT with it :)

P

Guest sxywill2005

One idea would be for Orange to do a converged tarrif.

Wannado broadband with a 2 GB cap and use your Orange mobile as a modem and a fixed line service which uses that cap. Orange or O2 could do that (with 02's purchase of BeBroadband). It would be good to chuck in some Wi-Fi aswell to rival BT.

Guest nforsans
And if anyone wants a background image like so (and used in Will's screenshot above), customised with their member name, just reply here! :)

P

post-1-1153141750_thumb.png

Hi Paul - I want it - don't bother with my member name, I just want the nice background image with the logo

cheers

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.