Quickmark QR Code Software for your Smartphone - your phone as QR Code scanner

Guest Unic0der

Guest leethacker
I'd be interested to see if the 577W Smarpthone version runs?

It works very well on my SP5, but i found that the version for the DopodS300 (which has a newer build number and less bugs then the 577W version) also works perfect on the SP5. So I recommend all Tornado users (SP5, SP5m, C600, ...) to download the version for the DopodS300.

Edited by Unic0der

Guest ricardo the fish

any idea which version I should choose for my C550?

EDIT: tried the 575, works a treat :)

Edited by ricardo the fish

I remember when they applied the same sort of technology to faxes where you could encode a file into a printable barcode type thing and then fax it. At the other end you scanned it and it was converted back.

Never caught on though!

Guest M@rkC
818pro works a treat on her charmer but I still cant find a version to run on my universal. :D

I'm with you there mate - my Universal kinda works with some of them (577 version installs and loads, but the image is rotated and I can't figure out how to get it to take the picture ;) )

I haven't tried a reset after installing - maybe I should?

Apart from the Universal, the only other device with a switchable screen orientation is the Wizard - anyone found a version that works on there?

I'll keep trying for a little while, maybe I'll strike lucky :)

Mark.

Guest Looby

Just tried it on my i-mate SP5 and works a treat. The Modaco idea is excellent. Where else are the codes going to appear which are useful? :)

Guest niacin65
I'd be interested to see if the 577W Smarpthone version runs?

P

I'm using the 577w version on my Cingular 2125 with the Qtek TO_DAN_NOR_2090_253112_020900_Ship.exe 8310 aku2 rom

Guest chucky.egg
I can't figure out how to get it to take the picture :) )

You dont actually take a picture - when it recognises the barcode it translates it automatically

You could try "waving" your phone (slowly) around the picture, sometimes looking straight on doesn't work and you dont HAVE to have the whole barcode in the target area for it to work.

Guest www.msmobiles.com

It's not working in my HTC Universal with T-Mobile UK ROM image :-(

anybody managed to run it in HTC Universal, how?

Guest wivaku

Suggestions for the HTC TyTN?

Tried the Dopod 818 Pro and the Dopod 828 versions, but for both of them nothing happens when I start the application from the Start menu.

Guest chucky.egg
It's not working in my HTC Universal with T-Mobile UK ROM image :-(

anybody managed to run it in HTC Universal, how?

Why not read the thread and see what other Universal users have said

Then you can post an article on MSMobiles claiming to have found it first and that this isn't available for Symbian (after all the truth never got in the way of an msmoblies article did it?)

Guest funkychicken9000

Don't know if anyone knew this (cba reading it all :)) but you can exchange contacts like this. Go to the qr-code creator and slap in this:

BEGIN:VCARD

N;CHARSET=UTF-8:Joe Bloggs

TEL;CHARSET=UTF-8:01234 567890

EMAIL;CHARSET=UTF-8:[email protected]

END:VCARD

...for example, and smartphones ask you to save to contacts when you scan it ;)

Guest funkychicken9000

This opens up so many possibilities to my eye. Imagine having a single buisness card; clients just snap it with their camera phone and your details are automatically saved in their contacts. Ingenious tbh, every camera phone should support this.

Thing is, it's a security nightmare...

Guest nickcornaglia

Got a late jump on this. This is GREAT! I saw one of these codes in my house the other day...now I forgot what it was on!

Guest M@rkC
You dont actually take a picture - when it recognises the barcode it translates it automatically

You could try "waving" your phone (slowly) around the picture, sometimes looking straight on doesn't work and you dont HAVE to have the whole barcode in the target area for it to work.

OIC :) Thanks for the tip - just wish it actually worked!!! I managed to get the 818Pro version installed on my M5000 (Universal), but no amount of waving will get it to scan the image; I tried generating some of my own from the site and also tried with Paul's avatar, but got nothing for my troubles (besides, the image was rotated, so it was a bit like "The Golden Shot" (one for the real oldies among us!) to get it to line up) ;)

Presumably, the sound in the install directory is played when the program successfully captures the image??

In desperation, I emailed the people at Quickmark and asked if/when there would be a version for the Dopod 900/Universal - will post later if they get back to me.

Cheers, Mark.

Guest peekie

renaming to change to english does not work on all my phones , all the settings on the phone are uk english , it must have something to do with the simcard as well as the modaco C600 is an english phone , oh well time to remove it :)

Guest Unic0der
renaming to change to english does not work on all my phones , all the settings on the phone are uk english , it must have something to do with the simcard as well as the modaco C600 is an english phone , oh well time to remove it ;)

You have to experiment a bit to get it work. I also had to do that on my german phone. :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.