Orange unlimited data?

Guest Wozbacca

Guest jimbouk
snip...

"but when added to a 3G handset it extends to the end of that contract" she said it would appear that way because the bundle stays on but only provides 10Mb. That clinched it for me!

That was the clause that I quizzed with them - as the unlimited bundle is also available for non 3g users but without the extends to end of contract etc - so the point of the "added to a 3g handset etc etc" was the bit I am going to rely on.

It will be a real downer if I have to fight with them over it - as the 3g data performance since I got it has made me not bother switching on wireless at home a couple of times - which was unthinkable when using my Prophet.

Guest pd.ryder
Just out of interest, why are you guys still with O?
Mainly because I'm locked in on an 18/12 contract, but...

I presume many of you will have read the "I got one..." thread. One big issue with the early TyTN seems to be a screen realignment problem, not to mention WiFi/BT problems. Now, how much would it cost you with T-Mobile to have the handset replaced, each time a new problem develops? Although I might grumble from time to time about the

Guest MARKUKCOUK
I was EXPLICITLY told that it has a 40 day exclusion period after which the orange world unlimited bundle is still active, which is why it runs to the end of the contract, but only provides 10Mb a month. I appreciate you have probably been told something different but I have zero faith in them providing what you think they are providing and quite a lot of faith in the fact they will cut you off after 40 days and then not allow you to remove the 10Mb bundle you will end up with. This sort of behaviour has happened to me before with Orange and I am not buying into it again.

Similar to whats been said, its on my account that I have been told it is NOT just 14 days.

Also, the terms listed on the website, say it is unlimited for the life of the contract.

Guest musicvan
Similar to whats been said, its on my account that I have been told it is NOT just 14 days.

Also, the terms listed on the website, say it is unlimited for the life of the contract.

Hi,

Can you post the website link to these terms & conditions and any other details about this offer, I have been trying to get information from Orange about this mystery/hidden offer but all I get is that the only unlimited data bundle available to users to the 75 pounds per month "offer". I asked if they can match the t-mobile 7.50/month unlimited (with no restrictions) and they said they could not...Maybe a bean counter got the sums wrong :) , 7.50 * 10 !!

The networks need to stop complaining about how much investment they have thrown at 3g technology and start getting some back by getting users to actually use the technology at a reasonable rate before newer technologies overtake them (wimax, 4g etc...). Hopefuly the competition from t-mobile might encourage future lower priced data access but as the majority of people only want to speak, send text messages or at most download overpriced ringtones then orange and co and sit back and make a profit from 2/2.5g services (the investment having been made several years ago...)...

Guest MARKUKCOUK

Here is the link:

http://www1.orange.co.uk/ow1/

Here is a quote:

terms and conditions

Orange World Unlimited Bundle - terms and conditions

1. The Offer is an Orange World Unlimited Bundle ("the Bundle") which is available to new and existing Orange customers with 3G phones on Panther & Premier tariffs ("Eligible Customers") until 1 September 2006.

2. The Bundle provides Eligible Customers with unlimited WAP browsing on their 3G phones, subject to clause 3 below.

3. Fair usage policy: To ensure the fair allocation of network resources for all customers the Bundle may not be used for: modem access for computers, internet based streaming services, voice or video over the internet, Instant Messaging, peer to peer file sharing and non Orange internet based video. If such use is detected, notice may be given and Network protection controls may be applied to all services which Orange does not believe constitute WAP browsing. This may result in a reduced speed of transmission, inability to use such services and, at the discretion of Orange, removal of the Bundle.

4. The Bundle is subject to a monthly "subscription fee" of

Guest musicvan
Here is the link:

http://www1.orange.co.uk/ow1/

Here is a quote:

The only dodgy bit is the WAP section, but as its only available to 3G devices, I'm guessing/hoping and have been told it is for ALL data access

Thanks for that, it does not seem to be linked from any page that I can access from the main orange site? The only public unlimited plan appears to be the 75 pounds per mth for off peak wap data. Does this mean its available on a case by case basis? I also found that www1.orange.co.uk/ow2 gives another similar list of terms but mentions July registration. Did anybody receive this text to register?

On my current M500 there are three orange world connections set-up (wap | gprs wap | gprs internet) so does this allow orange to restrict this offer to wap pages only and any real gprs or 3g data will be charged at the full data rate?

So to be an eligible customer I need to be on a panther plan with a min monthly price of 45 pounds with the unclear statement over what WAP actually means plus lots of restrictions over what type of data might result in losing the service. But I can go to t-mobile and get unlimited data access (with very little restrictions) on any 12/18 month price plan even pay as you go (ie 20 monthly plan plus 7.50/month).

Guest MARKUKCOUK
Thanks for that, it does not seem to be linked from any page that I can access from the main orange site? The only public unlimited plan appears to be the 75 pounds per mth for off peak wap data. Does this mean its available on a case by case basis? I also found that www1.orange.co.uk/ow2 gives another similar list of terms but mentions July registration. Did anybody receive this text to register?

On my current M500 there are three orange world connections set-up (wap | gprs wap | gprs internet) so does this allow orange to restrict this offer to wap pages only and any real gprs or 3g data will be charged at the full data rate?

So to be an eligible customer I need to be on a panther plan with a min monthly price of 45 pounds with the unclear statement over what WAP actually means plus lots of restrictions over what type of data might result in losing the service. But I can go to t-mobile and get unlimited data access (with very little restrictions) on any 12/18 month price plan even pay as you go (ie 20 monthly plan plus 7.50/month).

Go to tmob then, i was tempted too. Still might, but buggy data connections, and poor signal* put me off

* this is my own experience driving around my county with a mates tmobile phone, and not just peoples rumours about the old one2one network.

Guest Confucious

Whereas m experience of T is better reception and data connection, nice clear price plans available to anyone and fantastic value for money.

If this is the O can come up with I suppose it's OK for those of you that can't get reception on T but I am so glad I left O :)

Guest Dr Who

The phone insurance from TMob does put me off a bit to be honest and I could almost certainly get a much better deal with O due to my history of very high monthly spend. I will roll the OCS dice once again today and see if I can get any sense out of anyone. The trouble is with those T&C's that are linked to it doesn't mention 40 days AT ALL, yet the OCS staff say they can see it on their computers. Disturbing.

Guest elhornet

I don't know if this has been mentioned, I didn't troll through these 13 pages.

Orange just offered me a free M3100 upgrade with ulimited text, unlimited data, and unlimited minutes for

Guest jimbouk

Orange just offered me a free M3100 upgrade with ulimited text, unlimited data, and unlimited minutes for

Guest musicvan

Maybe the title of the thread should be changed to "Restricted Orange Wap Data, only for high paying customers" :)

So need to spend 1350 pounds over an 18mth period to get off peak wap data on orange but can on t-mobile I can get real unlimited data for 330 pounds for a 12month contract (did not assume phone price in this calculation, but vario 2 price is currently unknown). My mind is made up as soon as the vario 2 is released I will move to t-mobile ;)

assumed

-orange need 18mth contract at 75pounds to qualify

-t-mobile need 12mth contract to qualify (and still can a payg data deal much lower than orange)

Guest jimbouk

People keep picking and choosing different bundles and different issues on this thread!

The unlimited offpeak browsing on panther 75 is not the same as the orange world unlimited bundle.

Also a number of us have confirmed that the orange world bundles allow full gprs and 3g browsing not just wap.

Guest Confucious

Edited by Confucious

Guest elhornet

I just got off the phone to CS/Upgrades, who said unlimited data was not restricted to off peak on the Panther.

It may be because I'm tier 5, but she assured me it was unrestricted.

Guest Confucious
I just got off the phone to CS/Upgrades, who said unlimited data was not restricted to off peak on the Panther.

Not what it says on their website.

But Orange CS seem to tell different people different things. Maybe they do tailor their plns to individual users?

At least I know what I'm getting with T and unlimited data and 900mins or 1800 txts for

Guest Dr Who

If thats true I would upgrade to it! I was told it was off peak. I may phone back today and see what they say.

Guest cpetzny

Just got off the phone with Orance CS after the bundle I asked for on Friday has failed to materialise. On my web account pages it showed up as 'Pay as you use data'.

Today, neither the note that was supposed to be on my account nor the unlimited bundle have appeared. Looks like Orange are telling fibs to get people to stay. I'm waiting for the original OCS lady to phone back to confirm or deny the unlimited data plan.

This is getting totally farcical... I should just cut my losses and wait for T-Mobile to release the TyTn...

Confusion reigns at O

I'll keep you posted,

Chris

Guest Dr Who
Today, neither the note that was supposed to be on my account nor the unlimited bundle have appeared.

Confusion reigns at O

I am not in the least bit surprised. I have asked for notes to be added to my account numerous times but they miraculously never appear, particular when their presence would be in your favour. I wouldn't be relying on getting out of contract on the basis of a note placed on my account, thats for sure!

Confusion certainly does reign. I've spoken to about five different people in four different departments and had different responses from all of them.

Guest elhornet

I too have had similar problems in the last few days with notes not being added to my account.

What annoys me is when whoever I am speaking to on the phone uses internal system jargon to attempt to excuse them for not doing something.

I don't really know what the hell they're talking about and don't really care, my main concern is that I have been bounced around their internal system 5 times in a 1 hour phone call, spoken to 5 people none of which knew who the hell I was or what I wanted.

If I can get that promised upgrade option guaranteed in writing as non off-peak data I will go with it. I'm slightly torn after dealing with clueless CS for the last 3 days.

What annoys me even MORE is nobody within O has a badword CLUE about the M5100! When I mention its a 3G phone, and its surprising they haven't tailored a plan with suitable data allowance, the most common response is 'I dont know anything about that'.

Train your staff in your products, or get a specific call queue for smartphone users!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.