Orange unlimited data?

Guest Wozbacca

Guest Confucious
With orange it seems to be Newcastle :)

Most people never get through to O to find out :D

T, on the other hand are in the UK, very helpful and always phone back if they say they will. ;)

:) ;) :D :( :P :D :D :D :D :( :angry: :angry:

After having checked my account online which didn't show the data bundle and some confusing information regards available minutes I gave retentions another call...

Turns out they failed to get the tarrifs added to my account before my billing date which means I'll have to wait a whole month before I can benefit from the data bundle.... and from the panther tarriff...

This is all starting to smell rather fishy to me...

I'm now thinking that I will end up getting to next month only to find that the data bundle isn't there and I'm locked into a (insert 4 letter word of your choice here) contract for 18 months!

I'll have a think about this for a couple of hours and then see what I'm going to be able to do about it... I'll be calling *ultra helpful OCS rep* back to discuss this I think... lets see what she can pull out of the bag for me... till then I'll just have to stick to using wifi for mails etc...

But I must say I am smitten with this handset - its the dogs doodas.

Edited by Saif

Guest jimbouk

Did you already have a data bundle on there - as I cant get the unlimited until my next billing date as my orange world access 25 is "in the way".

I also found out by checking online that the NEW sim reg lady had added the wrong bundles onto my account - but UK OCS sorted that out.

I had the standard pay as you use data bundle on there.

But the big shame is that the Panther 45 doesn't kickin till next billing data either... so I'm effectively on the same old contract for another month with no 3G!!!

it'll drive me nuts... problem is I'm not really inclined to make the move to T... I think I'm better off with O, believe it or not...

So I'll make another couple of calls later in the day to see if they can add the Try 3G bundle or something to tide me over to next month...

I'll keep you all posted... worse case scenario is I send the handset back (its lovely and much better layout than the T version), get my PAC and move to T... so there is a last resort.... not one I want to use though... thinking cap on - will phone again at lunch time.

Guest jimbouk
I had the standard pay as you use data bundle on there.

But the big shame is that the Panther 45 doesn't kickin till next billing data either... so I'm effectively on the same old contract for another month with no 3G!!!

Why no 3g? (or do you mean you have 3g but dont want to use it?)

If you dont have a data bundle on there at all, then you should be able to get try 3g turned on immediately.

Guest cpetzny

Right, just got off the phone with OCS for the last time. The 8 quid a month unlimited data bundle that can be added to any plan is a myth, it does not exist. I'll be sending the phone back and cancelling my account with Orange and moving to T-Mobile.

What a farce and what a waste of everyone's time...

Good luck to all of you who are staying with Orange...

Chris

Guest Dr Who
The T&C's clearly state you have to be a Premier or Panther contract holder...!

The T&C's also make no mention of a 40 day limit but everytime I phone up the OCS mention it. Also, the 18 month Panther

Guest tmorel

Well, I'm actually pretty happy with my main (voice only) phone staying with Orange so I'll upgrade my M5000 to a C600

It's my data options for my now spare M5000 that I'm a bit confused on.

1. is it possible to have it SIM unlocked (I assume I phone Orange, pay them

Guest Confucious
Well, I'm actually pretty happy with my main (voice only) phone staying with Orange so I'll upgrade my M5000 to a C600

It's my data options for my now spare M5000 that I'm a bit confused on.

1. is it possible to have it SIM unlocked (I assume I phone Orange, pay them

::Extremely Frustrated::

Have now spoken with 3 OCS staff... (can't get through to Melanie as yet) and all have told me 1. My panther contract won't kick in till the 10th of Sept 2. that the

Guest Dr Who

Cheers Mark, keep it coming!

Still trying to figure out the most economical way of doing this over two contracts. I might be getting two new contracts with TMob and then PACing one number straight away and one in 5 months time. Or getting retentions to give me a decent deal. Or..........

Guest Shaunfarris

So to get this in perspective for all us Orange Data customers wanting cheaper GPRS:

1. Orange have no idea what that are actually selling...........if anything

2. Us end users dont have a clue either as to what is on offer from Orange.

3. No-one over the last 20 or so days since this thread was started has actually managed to signup to the 'Unlimited GPRS Access for

Guest nevawlkalone

So this unlimited data package is none existant then????? thats a shame, will get lumbered with an ugly device from TMobile...oh well,

Guest MARKUKCOUK

OK....

No news but a quick update...

Still trying to get hold of the guy who wrote the terms. Looking now, and will get back to me before 9 this evening. I've also made it clear (in a nice way) that its resting on this now to keep me from switching to tmobile tomorrow. I dont want to orange... but your really forcing this now.

So by 9 tonight... an answer perhaps?

Guest jimbouk

I have signed up to the "non-existent" unlimited data bundle - its on my account. BUT my orange world 25 will run til my billing date on 3rd Sept, then I have three months Try 3G, then my "non-existent" unlimited bundle is set to start ie 3rd Dec...

(and 40 days after that the Forced Air Propeller Driven Ventilation System Excrement Removal Service will get a call...or you will all be able to call me Mr Smug, from Smugsville)!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.