Orange unlimited data?

Guest Wozbacca

Guest Dr Who
So by 9 tonight... an answer perhaps?

It would be nice to have the info before the TMob release! I am happy to go either way, just need to get the abacus out and do some sums.

OK....

No news but a quick update...

Still trying to get hold of the guy who wrote the terms. Looking now, and will get back to me before 9 this evening. I've also made it clear (in a nice way) that its resting on this now to keep me from switching to tmobile tomorrow. I dont want to orange... but your really forcing this now.

So by 9 tonight... an answer perhaps?

I was promised a call back earlier in the day and haven't heard anything...

I'm just getting the feeling I'm being messed around... 'be nice to keep em, then screw afterwards' kind of scenario seems to be in play..

anyways.. I got a nice offer from a lady at T on a business plan... to be brief includes 1500xnet anytime mins including international calls to UK, Europe & N. America. 200 txt. Free insurance, W&W, personal contact in OCS with direct line and the usual online account and itemised billing stuff... all for

Guest aperfect

I've been following this thread for the past couple of days after I ordered an Orange M3100 on Friday, just registered.

The phone arrived today, so when I called to activate I asked the guy about the unlimited bundle and after a few minutes and his admission that 'everything is hard to find' on their system, he seemed to come back with a supervisor in tow saying he'd found it.

I asked what it entailed and the supervisor must've been reading through as he then mentioned I could only get it on Premier or Panther, so I asked to switch to the

Edited by aperfect

Guest mountee
I've been following this thread for the past couple of days after I ordered an Orange M3100 on Friday, just registered.

The phone arrived today, so when I called to activate I asked the guy about the unlimited bundle and after a few minutes and his admission that 'everything is hard to find' on their system, he seemed to come back with a supervisor in tow saying he'd found it.

I asked what it entailed and the supervisor must've been reading through as he then mentioned I could only get it on Premier or Panther, so I asked to switch to the

Saif, what do you need to get a business plan on TMob? Do they require VAT number? That tariff package would be perfect for me!

You don't need to be VAT registered to be a business owner :)

Just be careful as I was told that is only out of hours 'unlimited' for 8pm with Panther, therefore when you surf data tommorrow during the day you might find it's pretty expensive....

Goddammit this thread is driving me NUTS! <_<

Guest aperfect
Just be careful as I was told that is only out of hours 'unlimited' for 8pm with Panther, therefore when you surf data tommorrow during the day you might find it's pretty expensive....

Assuming you mean the free 2 month trial until I get the unlimited bundle added tomorrow, then yeah I was only intending to try it tonight then call Orange first thing tomorrow to sort out the new 'proper' unlimited bundle and Panther tariff.

Thanks for the warning though.

Guest Confucious

The 2 month trial will be unlimited - or at least the 3 month trial was when I got my Universal in November. They get you hooked on data then make sure you can't afford it!

It will be interesting to see what appens in 4 - 5 months time when peoples 2 months free have expired and they get their next bill after they've been on the

Saif, what do you need to get a business plan on TMob? Do they require VAT number? That tariff package would be perfect for me!

they need you to write to them (read fax) an authorisation letter written on a company letter head stating the plan you want and that it can be billed in the company name. along with the bank details etc for direct debit or whatever arrangements you make. I think they might need a copy of the certificate of incorporation but I wasn't paying that much attention as I have all of that stuff...

Anyways... still not heard anything back from OCS so am just sat on hold again to see what is going on with my account...

Even if everything is on my account then I still have to decide if I want to wait the month for it to be enabled on my account... or with all the uncertainties just make a break for it and move over to T

Did T get stock tonight? Anyone know???

oh well....

by the way... I found my handset was switching to 3G whenever I lost signal to the wifi network... and if I wasn't careful I would have been billed a bomb... I couldn't figure out a way to stop it connecting to 3G without putting it in flight mode which kind of defeats the point...

so just to be careful I'm back on my Moto Razr for the next few days till this gets sorted....

Cheers Saif, freelancer so no company letterhead. Phooey.

I take it you have a limited company though yes?

I have no formal letterheads as such... just knock them out in MS Word!

They will be able to offer you the same deal if you are 'self employed' or 'a Limited company'. I think they just ask for different information.

Don't give up on it - call them in the morning or try them now ( no idea on T's opening times)

MARK - I gave up staying on hold today... couldn't be bother after 20 mins :)

Sorry to hear you didn't get a call back... niether did I. So I guess I'm hoping that T get the handsets tomorrow... problem is it takes them 5 days to process a number once they receive the PAC. Which means a week before I get the T handset fully up and running... minor hassle I think... lets see what happens tomorrow...

Guest mountee
I take it you have a limited company though yes?

I have no formal letterheads as such... just knock them out in MS Word!

They will be able to offer you the same deal if you are 'self employed' or 'a Limited company'. I think they just ask for different information.

Don't give up on it - call them in the morning or try them now ( no idea on T's opening times)

MARK - I gave up staying on hold today... couldn't be bother after 20 mins :)

Sorry to hear you didn't get a call back... niether did I. So I guess I'm hoping that T get the handsets tomorrow... problem is it takes them 5 days to process a number once they receive the PAC. Which means a week before I get the T handset fully up and running... minor hassle I think... lets see what happens tomorrow...

Ordered my PAC (for two phones) from Orange on Tuesday last week, they said they have to snail mail them out, still waiting.....as you don't have to use it, anyone considering moving might want to order one in advance to avoid waiting, then if you don't use it then you just stay with Orange apparently, gona chase orange now to make sure they've sent it!

Guest jimbouk
Ordered my PAC (for two phones) from Orange on Tuesday last week, they said they have to snail mail them out, still waiting.....as you don't have to use it, anyone considering moving might want to order one in advance to avoid waiting, then if you don't use it then you just stay with Orange apparently, gona chase orange now to make sure they've sent it!

Good point! PAC codes are valid for 30 days or so, so those of you who might be going could steal a march on the extremely slow system they have set up - and maybe someone at Orange will notice!

(By the way, glad someone else found Orange World Unlimited (funny name for a data bundle that is supposedly going to be cut back to 10mb...especially when there's an Orange World 10)

Guest Confucious

@Dr Who - earlier on in this thread it was called Orange world 10 which made me very suspicious. If it is called Orange World Unlimited maybe it is -but it is very vague..

@MARKUKCOUK - you didn't waste anyones time - you saves a lot of people from going through the pain you did. Thanks for posting your experiences.

Guest Dr Who
@Dr Who - earlier on in this thread it was called Orange world 10 which made me very suspicious. If it is called Orange World Unlimited maybe it is -but it is very vague..

I actually doubt it a lot. The T&C's are so confused they could say they meant anything when it comes to the crunch.

Guest Confucious
I actually doubt it a lot. The T&C's are so confused they could say they meant anything when it comes to the crunch.

It's one of those times when I'd love to be proved wrong. But if O are doing unlimited for

Guest jimbouk

The cutting, stabbing and thrusting device that you are referring to would surely be capable of cutting in two directions!

Guest Dr Who
The cutting, stabbing and thrusting device that you are referring to would surely be capable of cutting in two directions!

One would hope so, eh? But in my experience O take a very hard line with these things. It would be great if they would launch this service, but if they HAD why would it be so cloak and dagger? You need to sign up to the secret package by 1st September to receive your unlimited data??????

Guest jimbouk
One would hope so, eh? But in my experience O take a very hard line with these things. It would be great if they would launch this service, but if they HAD why would it be so cloak and dagger? You need to sign up to the secret package by 1st September to receive your unlimited data??????

I heard that. Maybe they are launching cheaper data plans on 1st Sept...

I heard this: Maybe they've got their head up their butts and are going to start losing large numbers of customers and reporting record losses quite shortly. <_<

Guest pete.major

I was wondering if this is the case too... I've got Try 3g for 3 months - I'm hoping by then there will be a WnW equivalent...

Guest Confucious
I was wondering if this is the case too... I've got Try 3g for 3 months - I'm hoping by then there will be a WnW equivalent...

I got 3G try for 3 months last November and thought the same - there were rumours of O "slashing" data prices in Jan of this year.

Still hasn't happened :)

Guest Pondrew

It HAS to happen soon surely! Otherwise the reputation Orange once built up as the premier Smartphone provider in the UK will have been all for nothing.

Notice O2s approach is to offer a very small amount of data to every customer (1meg a month for pay & go, .5meg a month for Best For Business, 1meg a month for other tariffs). Nice idea, or at least it would have been good years ago but doesn't compete now. Waiting for them to introduce better value data...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.