Orange unlimited data?

Guest Wozbacca

Guest jimbouk

A friend of a friend is brand manager for orange signature handsets and thus responsible for the marketing of most of Orange's smart devices.

I have passed on the basic message that whilst their handset range is impressive, their speed to market with new devices is generally good and their reputation as a champion of mobile data devices is good, their market share is going to get even worse if a) they dont sort out data prices and :) get clearer t&c's on data and c) train CS staff better on smart devices!

Guest MARKUKCOUK

Right. News from the front line in the battle against silly OCS:

I HOPE this will be the definitive post.

The package is unlimited for 40 days, then 10meg, UNLESS you put it on before Sept 1st. If you put it on before Sept 1st, it remains on for the length of the contract.

Its only available on Panther 45 or above, and I think its only 18 months. Not sure on that though.

Personal opinion:

I'm not sure if Orange have either been very stupid, or the above info is still wrong.

Why have an unlimited package which is limited to 10meg? The only thing I can think of is that there is now a 40 day trial on OW Access 10, and the unlimited thing is a temporary thing.

Personally I've now very very wary of signing up for this. I'm so pissed off that I've really lost the ability to care enough as to what is best to do.

I have a returns bag ordered for each of the 3 devices Orange have sent me. One was on a canary package - this is definately going back.

Then it gets complicated... Do I keep my 18 month panther tariff with the dodgy unlimited bundle, Do I keep my upgrade handset and switch it to tmobile, or do I wait for the Vario II.

So Confused.

But for what its worth.... Orange World Unlimited is

Edited by MARKUKCOUK

Guest Dr Who
Right. News from the front line in the battle against silly OCS:

I HOPE this will be the definitive post.

The package is unlimited for 40 days, then 10meg, UNLESS you put it on before Sept 1st. If you put it on before Sept 1st, it remains on for the length of the contract.

Thanks for the info Mark!

Hmmmm, this info is as salient to me as it is to you.

However I can't understand the logic of them putting out a package that is unlimited for 40 days if you sign up after September the 1st but that remains unlimited if you sign up before September the 1st. Much as I would like this offer to be what we want it to be it sounds more like it is a version of the Try package that gives you a shed load of data to play with for a bit then goes to a standard package.

Isn't this exactly what they offered during the World Cup? What is it with Orange and 40 days????

I honestly think that the package, available until September the 1st, is unlimited data for 40 days followed by Orange World Access 10 for the remainder of the contract, with NO WAY of removing it.

I might try OCS again but I know whoever I speak to isn't going to know what I am talking about, will just read the T&C's off their monitor and will either spot the 40 day limitation or won't.

Don't fancy being locked into a high spend contract (minimum

Edited by Dr Who

Guest MARKUKCOUK
Thanks for the info Mark!

Hmmmm, this info is as salient to me as it is to you.

However I can't understand the logic of them putting out a package that is unlimited for 40 days if you sign up after September the 1st but that remains unlimited if you sign up before September the 1st. Much as I would like this offer to be what we want it to be it sounds more like it is a version of the Try package that gives you a shed load of data to play with for a bit then goes to a standard package.

Isn't this exactly what they offered during the World Cup? What is it with Orange and 40 days????

I honestly think that the package, available until September the 1st, is unlimited data for 40 days followed by Orange World Access 10 for the remainder of the contract, with NO WAY of removing it.

I might try OCS again but I know whoever I speak to isn't going to know what I am talking about, will just read the T&C's off their monitor and will either spot the 40 day limitation or won't.

Don't fancy being locked into a high spend contract (minimum

Guest Dr Who
In a q.........

The last OCS guy I spoke to found the bundle after a bit of looking and said he could see no mention of a 40 day limit anywhere. He said that the bundle remains for the length of the contract, up to 18 months. It was subject to a FUP but this was not defined as far as he could see.

I then asked explicitly whether, in his opinion, this offered exactly the same as the

Guest fox5150

Hi All,

I've been watching this thread avidly since its inception and I did eventually do the upgrade last Thursday. I upgraded to the M3100, Panther 45 and the Orange World Unlimited data bundle. I managed to get a very good deal from Orange on the tariff, relatively low user so had to pay a wee bit for the phone, but not too bothered about that. Anyway, after the comings and goings over the last few days, I thought I would phone OCS today and have just got off the phone to them, having been in the queue for 50 minutes!!

My Orange World Unlimited bundle still appears on my account and will take effect, together with my new Panther 45 tariff, from September 1st. From that point forwards the data is 24x7 unlimited (subject to a Fair Usage Policy) and will run for the life of the contract, no 40 day period. The only drawback the OCS chap could think of was that it is for the life of the contract so even if I don't want it anymore, I still have to pay for it - like that's going to happen :)

Anyway, just thought I'd add my 2 cents to the mix.......

Fox

Guest jimbouk

Starting to feel quite smug...especially as I have try 3g for three months and then Orange Unlimited pre-booked to start after that finishes (and it qualifies for pre-1st September purchase!)

Guest mountee

Orange retentions have come back with this offer which they are going to send me a letter to confirm BEFORE I take up and they are going to reserve me a (currently out of stock) M3100 should I accept the offer..

750mins

250txt

12m Free Insurance

Orange retentions have come back with this offer which they are going to send me a letter to confirm BEFORE I take up and they are going to reserve me a (currently out of stock) M3100 should I accept the offer..

750mins

250txt

12m Free Insurance

Guest aperfect

Finally got sorted tonight. After an unhelpful CS guy this morning and getting so fed up I said not to bother, I did ring back tonight to try again (and as the gprs isn't connecting on my phone yet).

After going through tech support, I thought I'd see if they knew the real deal. The guy didn't but put me back through to (I presume) sales with a guy that was a bit more clued up, who eventually put me through to someone much more helpful that sorted it properly.

It's basically as MARKUKCOUK has said: unlimited for life of contract (can't remove it); panther only; 24x7; only 'downloads' (i.e. paid ringtones, etc. that cost extra) excluded;

Guest jimbouk

Not really.

Surely its a bit like driving a BMW instead of a Lexus? The Beemer costs a bit more but if you are going to be using it for a year or more, then it may as well look good!

Finally got sorted tonight. After an unhelpful CS guy this morning and getting so fed up I said not to bother, I did ring back tonight to try again (and as the gprs isn't connecting on my phone yet).

After going through tech support, I thought I'd see if they knew the real deal. The guy didn't but put me back through to (I presume) sales with a guy that was a bit more clued up, who eventually put me through to someone much more helpful that sorted it properly.

It's basically as MARKUKCOUK has said: unlimited for life of contract (can't remove it); panther only; 24x7; only 'downloads' (i.e. paid ringtones, etc. that cost extra) excluded;

Guest MARKUKCOUK
sorry to hear that they managed to wear you down Mark ;)

but glad that you have an alternative that you find acceptable.

Finally just managed to get through to someone in Uber girls team... she will be phoning me back shortly (I hope)...

I'm planning on just reconfirming the deal.. might try to get Try 3g added right now and the unlimited bundle kick in later...

But i'll also be asking for a return bag... just not sure in my mind about whether I should go for T or not... if it were a nicer looking handset might it be easier... just don't know.

I'll post if/when I get some more info.

Cheers Saif

It really has just worn me down. being dragged all ways. Its not the best value for money, but at least relax gives me 500 free texts.

And I do have orange to fall back on if tmob are shocking - web and walk can be removed whenever, so i can drop down and put my orange stuff back up.

I hope all you guys get what you need on orange. im still tempted but the panther 45 doesnt really suit me anyway. Ive kept the bits I like from orange (insurance etc).

This might be an awful decision but hey.

Hehe been an adventure aint it :)

Guest jimbouk
Hehe been an adventure aint it :)

Wouldnt life be boring if it was simple?

With regards to laptop usage - I dont understand how orange would know? Can they detect that the data packets are being passed via the device rather than to the device?

Guest Dr Who

750mins

250txt

12m Free Insurance

Guest fox5150
Wouldnt life be boring if it was simple?

With regards to laptop usage - I dont understand how orange would know? Can they detect that the data packets are being passed via the device rather than to the device?

I asked the OCS guy about this and he put me on hold while he spoke to the data team. About 5 minutes later he came back with "my colleague in the data department has no way of knowing what you are using the connection for. They're hoping people abide by the terms of the FUP". I don't intend on using the connection with my laptop, but I did check about IM as that's in the FUP as well.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.