Orange unlimited data?

Guest Wozbacca

Guest mountee
How do you get them to price match the W&W????

Dr Who, you just gotta keep asking in retentions, some people have got even better with a free trial followed by it, they say no M3100's in stock now though...

I think today a few people have had a better experience, they maybe wising up!

Guest Dr Who

I am SO frickin' furious!!!!

For the THIRD time I have phoned retentions saying I am going to TMob unless they can match the data tariff. They say the only unlimited data they can offer is off peak on the Panther 75. I tell them about the Orange World Unlimited Bundle, they then say "*I* will have to speak to the help desk, are you OK to hold?", the phone rings and *I* get put through to the help desk.

This is the most ridiculous, abysmal, pathetic customer 'service' I have ever received. Apart from Dell and NTL and Barclays, obviously.

You can stick your mystery data package up your ar*e, I'm off.

Guest jimbouk

I have been told I can upgrade my phone after 12 months on an 18 month contract.

I also went for an 18 month contract because with the extra free minutes and texts I was able to basically buy the plan below what I would have had to buy on a 12 month ie could get the minutes I need on panther 55 18 months, but on a 12 month would have either had to go for the panther 75 or pay for loads of extra minutes each month. A saving of

Guest Dr Who
totally agree rick!

its just the gorgeous looks of the m3100... thats all...

I'll be leaving for T as soon as they have the handset available.

Thought I might get a better handset price on O but since that is probably not the case on my low use contract and they won't upgrade my high use contract to include data I see little point in pursuing them. Just hope the handset isn't too expensive on T or that they are willing to negotiate the costs of the handset and tariffs!

Guest jimbouk

All three Uk networks are upgrading to HSDPA which is the theoretical 1.8mps. Voda and T reckon they have already launched whereas orange are launching sometime soon.

It is expected that HSDPA will end up at 3.6 mps next year and up to 10mps by 2009.

Realworld speed currently on HSDPA networks is apparently about 1 meg.

Guest Dr Who
Ok this is something I didn't know. The Vario on T connects at 1.8mbps? The Orange network is only 384kbps?

TMob's 3G network is live for high speed data transmissions NOW, so yes you can get 1.8Mbps but there is some suggestion you might need to be on the

Guest rickwookie
All three Uk networks are upgrading to HSDPA which is the theoretical 1.8mps. Voda and T reckon they have already launched whereas orange are launching sometime soon.

It is expected that HSDPA will end up at 3.6 mps next year and up to 10mps by 2009.

Realworld speed currently on HSDPA networks is apparently about 1 meg.

Regarding T 'rekoning' they have launched, I can confirm that T-Mobile do have HSDPA after using my new datacard today and comfortably downloading at 1Meg with a '2-out-of-7 bars' signal strength. The orange retentions guy I last spoke to had never even heard of HSDPA!

Amusingly though the T-Mobile guy who sold me the package told me that HSDPA won't be live until the middle of next month. This was later rubbished by another guy in their tech-support dept. (I had issues with the card, resolved now) and by my own experience using the card of course.

Anyway, just to make it perfectly clear again... ...T-Mobile have HSPDA now!

Good luck to all those holding out for Orange to get their act together. See you in the future, when you catch up. ;-)

Guest jimbouk

They are both umts. hsdpa is to 3g what edge is to gprs.

A lot of people are posting on this thread what they have read on other threads re t's hsdpa being only for pro customers. Has anyone checked the correct situation with t?

A little bird told me o's hsdpa is only weeks away...especially as have confirmed its rolling out in various european countries on 1st Sept.

Edited by jimbouk

well... finally got a call from the Uber friendly OCS lady...

can't do anything to speed up access to the data bundle. Will have to wait for my next billing date to kick in which is the 10th of sept. And as the data bundle is tied into the Panther tarriff I'm stuffed...

so either wait for next month and keep the nice looking handset or make the move over to T who tell me the handset should be out late today or first thing tomorrow.

just deciding whether it will be better to go with T on the business plan or the personal one on O...

come to think of it... I think the pad is better designed on the vario 2 as the ok button is more accessible...

hmmmm... will mull it over...

Guest mwright
well... finally got a call from the Uber friendly OCS lady...

can't do anything to speed up access to the data bundle. Will have to wait for my next billing date to kick in which is the 10th of sept. And as the data bundle is tied into the Panther tarriff I'm stuffed...

so either wait for next month and keep the nice looking handset or make the move over to T who tell me the handset should be out late today or first thing tomorrow.

Well - it looks like I managed to get it sorted for my account!

Free M3100 on Panther 45 with "Orange World Browsing" unlimited (no mention of off-peak - I specifically asked about that one) for

Guest jackofall
Well - it looks like I managed to get it sorted for my account!

Free M3100 on Panther 45 with "Orange World Browsing" unlimited (no mention of off-peak - I specifically asked about that one) for

Guest musicvan
Yep - via retensions

Strange, I called to get an upgrade yesterday and was told there were out of stock and new stock would not be available until 7-10 days ;) That was after spending 10 mins going through the "process" of starting at a high number for the handset price and haggling until it became lower, which became lower when they called me back (within seconds!) after I had mentioned t-mobile at the end of the last call, then at the last question Ok can I have one to be told sorry they are out of stock :) Maybe next time...the longer I wait maybe more leaks on the mystery data plans will emerge..

Guest elhornet

I too was told several times I was 'on a list' and would be texted when stock became available.

I have never been so torn between choices in my life.

Guest jimbouk

AFAIK, being on a list does not mean Orange are running a big central queue. It means that the OCS person you spoke has noted down your details and next time they are on shift, if they get a quiet moment, they look at their list, check stock and if there's any they let you know.

So even when on a list, its worth a call every now and then to make sure your details haven't dropped to the bottom of the list, or your OCS person has gone on holiday, or their short-staffing levels means that a quiet moment doesn't exist!

Guest elhornet

Blah blah usual phone message saying how busy they are. How insane is this company! I worked a massive call centre for years with queues up to 1 hour, but we were never busy like Orange all the time.

I can only imagine that their 'first line of defense' staff utterly hate their jobs!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.