Orange unlimited data?

Guest Wozbacca

Guest elhornet

I'd like to know what you guys are threatening them with to get these unlimited data bundles and highly attractive voice plans.

As a tier 5 with

Guest elhornet

Sorry to keep posting in here but I AM SO ANGRY WITH ORANGE!

Just spoke to a T sales person, who answered after ONE ring.

W'n'W + Flext 35 =

Edited by elhornet

Guest jimbouk

I didn't threaten them at all...I was lucky with my timing calling upgrades last thursday and then simply waited til they found Orange World Unlimited on their system. Once I had the phone I called back and double checked the unlimited and whether I could qualify for the full 18 months unlimited if I deferred its start until my ow25 and subsequent 3g trial data expired.

The stock for new versus existing customers issue has been around for years and is the same for all networks...unfortunately.

Guest Shaunfarris
Sorry to keep posting in here but I AM SO ANGRY WITH ORANGE!

Just spoke to a T sales person, who answered after ONE ring.

W'n'W + Flext 35 =

Guest Confucious
Everyone seems to forget, when you phone T-Mobile you are calling on their sales line, for obvious reasons they answer instantly, Try ringing Orange sales line, and I bet you get straight through, as you do for any other company like BT etc.

I agree - T- Mobile CS have kept me waiting for UP TO 10 Mins!!!! And sometimes have had to phone me back if they can't answer my query straight awa (sometimes it takes over 10 mins for them to phone me back but thay always do).

Guest elhornet

Up to 10 minutes beats 20/30/40 minutes I have experienced with O.

Dr.Who: I was offered the handset as a free upgrade quite easily after questioning them.

The funniest thing about the last call was when I asked about the data charges the guy was basically saying 'so what' when I quoted the plans T have.

When I said I would be requesting a PAC, he said 'but you will lose you place in the queue for the upgrade'..

Like I care now! I can deal with not having O's much more attractive handset if its going to save me

Guest pd.ryder

I've been on to 343 earlier today - they are fully aware of the disappearing customer phenomenon and the OCS was most apologetic that she couldn't get anywhere near the data offering from T. She aknowledged the was the Panther45 deal with 'unlimited data' offer but, again aknowledged that probably wasn't the best deal for me based on my monthly usage of mins and txts. And they wanted

I guess a genuine question is how often do you think you are going to end up in a queue to customer services? I've only ever had to call when I want roaming activated or to query a bill or like now when trying to get a decent deal...

so its not really an issue if it take 20 mins to get through as its only on a very irregular basis that I have to call them...

Therefore it comes done to the price and value of the deals being offered by O vs T... along with an intangible of the potential for T to release roms earlier than O... but there are always ways of getting around that.

which is where i am stuck...

a number of options on tariffs from O & T. with T also having variable pricing on the Flext & WNW bundles to the 1Plan also. I personally need to decide by monday which is the end of the 7 days return period for the m3100 i have.

another thing in the back of my mind is whether it will be released with Copilot on T. If so then that would really swing the argument...

heres to waiting i guess...

Guest Confucious
I did however avoid any data questions, working on the basis that after the 3GTRY offer ends in 3 months, maybe something will be available.

Jeff

That's what I thought when I got my Universal last November......

mwhaaaa hahahahahah hahahaha

Guest mountee
I'd like to know what you guys are threatening them with to get these unlimited data bundles and highly attractive voice plans.

As a tier 5 with

Guest Dr Who
Just cancelled my service with orange.

If TMob release the phone Monday I will be downgrading my contract to minimum spend then, as my billing date runs from 22nd. I will then order the phone with TMob and order the PAC code with Orange and pay up the remaining five months of that contract.

Ah well, if the Vario II is rubbish at least we will have each other to commiserate with!

Guest Dr Who
All I can say is I was exactly the same, it took me lots (I've forgotten how many) seperate calls to retensions dept before I could find someone who then offered me the Orange World Unlimited Data which is similar to T-Mobile and they'll price match it to 7.50 instead of 8 (big deal).

Regardless it's toooo little tooo late, I'm going to T-Mobile after close to ten years with Orange!

The big thing is having it added to a non Panther or Premiere contract!

*whistles innocently* :D

Dear Nik

Orange number: 0797*******

Thank you for your email received 14 August, forwarded from our customer service department.

A hard copy of your e-mail has been passed to our retention customer service department, for a clerk to call you as soon as possible to discuss the various offers and packages available.

If you do not hear from us, please call them on 0800 0790272, select option 3, and a clerk will assist. The opening hours for this department are Monday to Friday 08.30 - 22.00, and Saturday to Sunday 0830 - 20.30.

I hope you find this information useful.

Yours sincerely

Helene ******

Retentions Sales Support

-----Original Message-----

From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]]Sent: 16 August 2006 23:00

To: Customer, Relations

Subject: Re: Case 5549127 webpaymbundlesandserviceplans

Can you assist please?

Jackie

---------- Original Message: ----------

To: [email protected]

Sent: 14-08-2006 12:36:11

Subject: Case 5549127 webpaymbundlesandserviceplans

Name: Nik

Email: nik****@***********.co.uk

Orange Customer:

Orange telephone number: 0797*********

Preferred contact number:

Your phone: Orange M500

Query: I\'m struggling to see why I should upgrade to a new 3G handset on Orange when you have made *no attempt* to match T-Mobile\'s very reasonable data tariffs. what is the point of spending 150 quid on a new hi-tech phone if it\'s crippled by not being able to afford the data transfers?

Sort it out! Otherwise I\'m off to T-mobile, along with about 5000 other people from MODACO.com who feel exactly the same!

Still not got a call from them though!

Guest hotphil

I think it's become clear that Orange have deomonstrated that they are either intentionally against the idea of offering non-business users a sensible data package or are inept.

it seems an odd way to do business - turning money away. good luck to them.

personally, switching to T was the best thing I ever did.

I wonder if O are scared people will download gigs and gigs of data? what they need to realise is that that is not the case - from what I can tell most people just want to receive push mail and do the odd bit of browsing and know it doesn't cost $4/MB. no one I know uses their phone to do file downloads!

still, is suppose they have to pay for the 3g licence somehow...

I think it's become clear that Orange have deomonstrated that they are either intentionally against the idea of offering non-business users a sensible data package or are inept.

Can't you tell what it is yet, Rolf? :D

no one I know uses their phone to do file downloads!
Where would you put all the data? Also if you have a laptop, you're not going to sit there using it for downloads without wifi, which would be built in to the pc anyway, and you'll hardly be wasting your battery in the middle of nowhere on massive files or any of that business, will ya?

still, is suppose they have to pay for the 3g licence somehow...

Yeah, this I *gotta* see!

Are you seriously expecting one?

Not sure. Let me ask myself. Do I feel lucky, punk? Well, do I? :D

Don't care I'll ring the number anyway, just so I can find out what the hell's on the other end!!

Guest jimbouk

It's interesting reading all these rants at O. All the networks are trying out different business models to recoup their 3g and data networks. You have to remember that smartphone users are a very small percentage of mobile customers. Due to business's willingness to pay for data historically, it's easy seeing the networks wanting to try to protect their margins. Having said that, I think T should be congratulated on leading the way with cheap unlimited data.

I know a lot of you guys griping about O do so because of O's oft stated desire to be the leading data network - but just remember that there are 100's of 1000s of other O customers who don't use data at all.

If you think we have it bad you should see what some imate users pay for data elsewhere in the world.

Guest Dr Who

I think what I find galling Jimbouk is that this package exists, I am a heavy spender and yet they refuse to offer me any sort of discount or accomodation to allow me to have it. I was willing to have Panther 45 on one handset and Panther 75 on the other with data on both would have been

It's interesting reading all these rants at O. All the networks are trying out different business models to recoup their 3g and data networks.

One of them is winning there! :D

You have to remember that smartphone users are a very small percentage of mobile customers. Due to business's willingness to pay for data historically, it's easy seeing the networks wanting to try to protect their margins. Having said that, I think T should be congratulated on leading the way with cheap unlimited data.
Indeed, although how anyone can be considered to be protecting their margins by pricing themselves out of their own market is frankly bizarre.

I know a lot of you guys griping about O do so because of O's oft stated desire to be the leading data network - but just remember that there are 100's of 1000s of other O customers who don't use data at all.

So when they come across a customer that clearly wants and/or needs data, why are they bitching about it? If they had been reasonable about the pricing in the first place, those thousands of users would ADOPT the data usage and PAY for it! If everyone was using email we wouldn't need SMS *at all* and people might have to learn proper English again! Plus SMS is treated by networks as the messaging equivalent of a free newspaper (UDP-based), if it doesn't get there, no-one chases it. Email apps at least tell you when it didn't work (TCP-based).

If you think we have it bad you should see what some imate users pay for data elsewhere in the world.

If they're daft enough to not get a handset from a subsidising network provider then that's their look-out, surely?

I'm getting itchy cos I want my new handset. Their glazier must be rubbing his hands with glee in anticipation. :D

Edited by NikLP

Guest jimbouk
If they're daft enough to not get a handset from a subsidising network provider then that's their look-out, surely?

I didnt refer to the handset, I referred to the data prices. A lot of Imate users in other parts of the world find data prices ridiculously high. I know of a load of JAMin, JasJam and KJam users who have deliberately changed their gprs settings so they dont work - and they use the wifi when they can.

At least here in the UK we have the choice of about 50p per meg with Orange (on OW25) or wnw with T (or Voda and O2's pricing models).

I totally understand the frustration with customers who cannot get O's unlimited deal - but at least T is there to offer the alternative.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.