Orange unlimited data?

Guest Wozbacca

Guest elhornet

The thing that frustrated me with Orange and their call centre, was the vast difference between the way they operate and the way the ISP I worked for operated.

If you were in the front line, or even the second line and you got a REALLY clued up user who knew exactly what they wanted and when/how/why, often they were more technically apt than yourself and more knowledgeable.

This is where a whole new department came into play (where I was working) where we could talk to a client in their language, we knew more than they know about what was possible and what wasn't and how we could acheive a resolution with them.

After speaking to retentions 3 times, sales many many times and upgrades several times as well I ended up back in retentions only to be told by a seemingly uninterested person that my Orange account could happily move to T Mobile and by giving me a PAC, and he would transfer me straight to disconnections to arrange that.

I stressed to both retentions and disconnections some concerns that they had made no effort to retain me as a customer. Retentions said 'well you want to disconnect dont you?'. Disconnections said 'they said the plans we have dont suit you and so you want to disconnect right?'.

After asking if there was a higher being I could speak to who actually knew about proposed data plans to accomodate 3G users and the proposed HSPDA service, I was simply told 'no'. No insight as to when stock would be in, no offers to match w'n'w or even come close and no desire to keep my 2-400 pound a month.

If I carried on like anyone I've spoken to at Orange (apart from sales) I would have been sacked.

And for the record jimbo, by memory the data charges on a i-Mate in Australia are incredibly low compared to here. My mobile phone selling friend burst out laughing when I told him what Orange were charging for data!

Edited by elhornet

Jimbo: apologies; I noticed, but couldn't be bothered to edit it! :D

Still no call from O. Might have to chase them. I'm definitely giving them a link to this thread when I contact them next though! They might actually believe some of what I've been saying!

Guest jimbouk
Jimbo: apologies; I noticed, but couldn't be bothered to edit it! :D

No worries.

Still no call from O. Might have to chase them. I'm definitely giving them a link to this thread when I contact them next though! They might actually believe some of what I've been saying!

That won't get you far. Despite O's management being very positive with Paul and the gang, forums such as this are the bane of OCS. They have a stock reply to comments about modaco and other forums and that is that they cannot control the veracity of posts on public forums (ie we could all be talking complete and utter b******s).

Guest pd.ryder

But we're not Jimbo - and they know it. We're publishing our experiences of a public company and when most of them just happen to mirror each other, there MUST be a grain of truth in the opinions expressed.

I'm sure we are a tiny minority compared with the whole of O's user list but WE STILL HAVE A VALID OPINION and we're entitled to express it. I think they'll be silly to ignore it, but , traditionally, that's exactly what they'll do :D

Guest jimbouk
But we're not Jimbo ...

No I am!

I agree though. If I worked for a phone network, I would read all these forums just to keep my finger on the pulse. In my experience OCS staff don't.

It's the upper-middle management that should be monitoring this stuff. I just feel sorry for the poor bastards who have to man the phones and [for the most part, unwiitingly] have no idea what they're talking about.

At least in my conversation with retentions yesterday the girl knew that there was a note on the account details and she told me that it was 'moving up the ladder', so to speak. I suppose they haven't called because they're 'busy helping other customers'. <_<

Guest MARKUKCOUK

Hi guys...

Guess whos back.

Sod Tmobile - 3G Coverage is appaling - ive not found a location where they cover yet!! (admittedly aint been about much!)

orange 3G is loads better here. I'm gonna try and get the unlimited pack or the 25meg.

WnW is great... if you can get it!

Hi guys...

Guess whos back.

Sod Tmobile - 3G Coverage is appaling - ive not found a location where they cover yet!! (admittedly aint been about much!)

orange 3G is loads better here. I'm gonna try and get the unlimited pack or the 25meg.

WnW is great... if you can get it!

could always get a data only sim from T..

but then we need a dual sim solution for the hermes

Guest m3100tony

..... well they gave it to me.

I have been with orange 10 years ish, band 5, 70 quid ish average spend. Previously on Select 750 (750 x net / 35 / month). I was 9 months into a 12 month contract

Was offered:

Orange SPV 3100 FOC

Upgrade fee FOC

Select 750 on 12 month contract (

Guest Dr Who
..... well they gave it to me.

I have been with orange 10 years ish, band 5, 70 quid ish average spend. Previously on Select 750 (750 x net / 35 / month). I was 9 months into a 12 month contract

Was offered:

Orange SPV 3100 FOC

Upgrade fee FOC

Select 750 on 12 month contract (

Guest m3100tony
Pretty much identical situation to me but with lower monthly spend and the person I spoke to made no offer like that. Made no offer at all in fact. Was that from retentions or from upgrades?

It was from retentions. I have been upgrading through retentions/disconnections for about 5 years now.

The conversation went something like this:

"I want to leave to go to T-mobile for more minutes and unlimited data"

They said I had "400 points" (previous years [i upgrade every 9 months] they said I had

Guest Dr Who
It's funny you know, they speak so highly of you...

I'm not saying they HAVE to make me an offer but it seems strange that they are able to make such offers to some people and will not to others. Makes you think there is no company policy or strategy in place and just comes entirely down to which person you speak to and what sort of mood they are in.

Guest jimbouk

Maybe you should call them from a proper phone and not from that Police Box...I reckon you keep ringing them from different timezones and catch them before they launched the "unlimited"!

Guest Dr Who
Maybe you should call them from a proper phone and not from that Police Box...I reckon you keep ringing them from different timezones and catch them before they launched the "unlimited"!

My god Jim, I think you've cracked it! Now if only I could get the temporal capacitor fixed to August 2006 I might stand a chance.........

Guest jimbouk
My god Jim, I think you've cracked it! Now if only I could get the temporal capacitor fixed to August 2006 I might stand a chance.........

And considering Rose's mobile worked in alternative parallel worlds and in the future, I think whatever network she is on would be the one to choose!

PS can you nip forward and check which players earn the most Fantasy Football points this season and then pop back and pm me the answer?

Back on topic...

Guest pd.ryder
I'm not saying they HAVE to make me an offer but it seems strange that they are able to make such offers to some people and will not to others. Makes you think there is no company policy or strategy in place and just comes entirely down to which person you speak to and what sort of mood they are in.
This infuriates me too. If it's good for one - it's good for all of us :D No wonder they're referred to as "the OCSR lottery" <_<

I mean I spend

Guest MARKUKCOUK

New Orange contract ordered, with unlimited. job done.

Stay away from Tmobile. Not impressed at all. Whats the point in WnW with GPRS speeds? I'd rather pay more with Orange and get a decent 3g signal!

New Orange contract ordered, with unlimited. job done.

Stay away from Tmobile. Not impressed at all. Whats the point in WnW with GPRS speeds? I'd rather pay more with Orange and get a decent 3g signal!

Hi Mark,

What kind of unlimited are you talking about? I phoned retentions and they said they could offer me 8 squid a month for unlimited WAP, which would not include GPRS and 3G.

Thanks.

Benzo

Guest pd.ryder
Hi Mark,

What kind of unlimited are you talking about? I phoned retentions and they said they could offer me 8 squid a month for unlimited WAP, which would not include GPRS and 3G.

Thanks.

Benzo

Not being funnt Benzo, but read through the discussion over the last 20-odd pages. You'll find the answers you seek.... :D

Guest m3100tony
Hi Mark,

Thanks.

Benzo

Here is my contemperaneous note of conversation which retentions confirmed when they rang me back:

"8/month unlimited data including gprs and 3g for wap and internet to replace current orange world 25 for 12 months from next bill date."

Guest MARKUKCOUK
Hi Mark,

Thanks.

Benzo

Off the record, Orange have said to me a couple of times, WAP = internet, its just the person who wrote the terms doesnt understand mobile web :D

Not being funnt Benzo, but read through the discussion over the last 20-odd pages. You'll find the answers you seek.... :D

Ok, now I've finally read this read thread from start to finish and can confidently say I am more confused than before I started.

From what I gather, there are two types of unlimited data packages:

1. A bolt on for the expensive animal packages that appears to be unlimited off-peak only

2. The mysterious 8 squid a month package that may or may not expire at the beginning of September and may or may not cover GPRS/3G usage.

So where does that leave us? Square one.

I'm sick of Orange. They don't deserve my money...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.