Orange unlimited data?

Guest Wozbacca

ITS ANNOYING , but worth it for the unlimited data in my opinion...

Yeah but I've got (my own dedicated) broadband at home and work...

And going from:

Free M3100, 200 x-net, 500 txt for

Edited by NikLP

Guest elhornet

It's going to be interesting to see if any of us actually NEED unlimited data.

I find phone browsing a chore at best, but I want to have it in case I do start using it more.

Guest Confucious

3G makes using lot's of data easy. I was using 60-85Mb/month before I got push email.

Then I discovered Hudog and 100mB a day is easy....

Guest jimbouk
It's going to be interesting to see if any of us actually NEED unlimited data.

I find phone browsing a chore at best, but I want to have it in case I do start using it more.

Albeit with wifi, I sit and use my 3100 for checking on this place and the like more than I ever used my Prophet. With the keyboard, I can at least type stuff.

Guest MARKUKCOUK
Albeit with wifi, I sit and use my 3100 for checking on this place and the like more than I ever used my Prophet. With the keyboard, I can at least type stuff.

I know what you all mean to be honest, but for me, its more a "I can use the net without thinking" like at home, rather than "have I used x megs yet"?

I don't trust the GPRS monitors much :D

Guest paul1664

Another from the "OH MY GOD YOU'RE NOT GONNA BELIEVE THIS!!!!!" file.

I just rang O retentions about my upgrade to the M3100 (currently out of stock but due in Monday). I'm currently paying

Jimbo: Yes, that's if they know what they're talking about. HAHAHAAAAA! :D

When I phoned yesterday I forgot to ask if the OWU bundle was peak/off-peak though which was dumb.

If you look at the figures I quoted above though, you'll notice something amusing: if I take their new offer of

- the handset for free

- the unlimited data

- free insurance, etc

- for

Edited by NikLP

Guest MARKUKCOUK

Yup I was in the same boat... BUT... I have something slightly worse!

These animal tariffs which I'm not allowed on... Well....

My ancienct 3G Orange Trials Datacard, which they gave me for free, and has never ever been on a contract... in suddenly now allowed an upgrade to an animal tariff (No point of course)

I have a feeling if I rung up and demanded an upgrade.. they would probably give me it. They don't seem to understand what a datacard is!

Oh and although I don't have it in writing, I've had repeated assurances that WAP is just the legal team speak who don't know what 3G data is etc.

Edited by MARKUKCOUK

Wow...

If you thought I was confusing you before, get this...!

I've just spend 25 minutes on the phone with a retentions support guy, who offered me the same deal as before. So I told him no way could I afford it. So I went back to trying the old route of seeing what I could get on my existing contract (I've already been offered a free M3100 on this contract). Then he tells me that my existing contract would expire in Feb and I'd have to get a new one!

THEN he tells me that I will *still* have to get an 18month contract to compensate for the cost of the handset! :D

HEEEEEEEELP!!! :D

Guest paul1664

Just had a call from O - my 3100 is in stock.

So I asked to be put thru to retentions and queried MARKUKCOUK's package again. Michelle (nice lady) put me thru to her supervisor (Debbie R? another nice lady, not like the dragon I had earlier today) who said this is basically a match for 3's (old?) Select750 package, which she offered me @

Edited by paul1664

Guest Pondrew

Can I ask if anyone knows whether Orange 18 month contracts require you to wait until the end for an upgrade rather then allowing you to upgrade after 12 months?

T-Mobile's old 18month Relax tariffs would not allow upgrade (even paid upgrade) before the last month and I'm assuming this is now the case for all Flext tariffs too...

Quite pleased with my O2 Business contract as although it's 24month I get an upgrade every 12months :D

Guest MARKUKCOUK
Can I ask if anyone knows whether Orange 18 month contracts require you to wait until the end for an upgrade rather then allowing you to upgrade after 12 months?

T-Mobile's old 18month Relax tariffs would not allow upgrade (even paid upgrade) before the last month and I'm assuming this is now the case for all Flext tariffs too...

Quite pleased with my O2 Business contract as although it's 24month I get an upgrade every 12months :D

Its generally whenever youve paid off your handset. On high spend, Orange will still upgrade between months 9 and 12, but if you have low spend, this could be nearer the 18

Its generally whenever youve paid off your handset. On high spend, Orange will still upgrade between months 9 and 12, but if you have low spend, this could be nearer the 18

I've just asked about this and basically, what ^he^ said, it seems. Much nearer the 18!

Guest elhornet
Can't say much at this stage, but suffice to say, not many Orange customers will be leaving for T-Mobile for a while!

More later...

It really is better to say nothing than make posts like this.

Edited by elhornet

Guest MARKUKCOUK
It really is better to say nothing than make posts like this.

But to be fair, yours was hardly the most constructive either.

Half-see your point though, though msmobiles seem to think Orange are planning something too... then again I don't trust either of them!

Guest elhornet

Got my Vario today, it really isn't that ugly!

The body part of it isn't silver, its like a purple colour. The top is grey, not silver. I like it!

Wow that was off topic! Please try and stick to the topic in this thread folks, it's already long enough without adding further padding! :D

... jobsworth! :D :D

I've been offered unlimited data on a NON-PANTHER tariff, so there!

It can happen. When I pointed the nice lady to the T&Cs on the website she checked it out and she saw that it was GOOD. And it was GOOD. She's now very happy as she will be getting more retentions done and getting a bigger bonus, thanks to me telling her! :D

Check page 3 of the 'Orange best deal' thread in Hermes.modaco for details of what I got away with.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.