Orange unlimited data?

Guest Wozbacca

Hmm.. just had another interesting dealing with Orange. I was in town so popped into a quiet Oxford St branch of orange, jsut so I could quiz the salesperson and get her to do some digging for me. Basically she ended up calling Retentions on my behalf, explaining about the

Edited by Dakers

I think you should try reading my post again before you come out with abusive crap for no reason...

...Its 50 meg (I believe, but the amount may be different). Its a system limitation - you DO get unlimited, because unlimited isn't available on the system, so you have a limit, but they know you are on WnW so don't charge you if you go over it.

My point was that although Orange have put down 1000meg as my allowance, they probably wouldn't charge if I went over it.

I agree that Confucious choice of words was entirely un-necessary...

...BUT...

...Markukcouk, you told us yourself didn't you that you were signed up to Try 3G whereby you get 1000meg a month for free for three months? Don't you think the 1000meg allowance showing in the first month of your bill is probably that?

Guest MARKUKCOUK
I agree that Confucious choice of words was entirely un-necessary...

...BUT...

...Markukcouk, you told us yourself didn't you that you were signed up to Try 3G whereby you get 1000meg a month for free for three months? Don't you think the 1000meg allowance showing in the first month of your bill is probably that?

Noooo.. that was one of the numbers I sent back. Actually It's on my upgrade phone, which I sold on ebay. its still on there actually - currently in a C600 without 3G. This is all listed correctly, on a different part of the bill.

The screenies above are from the new tariff I have, as can be seen from the list of packages/bundles I'm on.

The upgrade handset does not have OWU added, but also have 1000meg - as you say, because of the 3G Try pack.

Good question though, and I'm happy to clear that up!

Can you pretend to be me and work your magic? :D

Seriously though, I don't understand how some CSR's flat out refuse to budge on the Sept 1st deadline, Retentions claim it's a one-off deal, and yet some people can get the bundle without too much fuss.

Very odd! I think I'll try my luck with Retentions again today but failing that, I'm looking at walking to T on a Relax contract with W'n'W. It's not as great as a FlexT, but something about me is unnerved by the thought of an 18 month contract!

Can you pretend to be me and work your magic? :D

Seriously though, I don't understand how some CSR's flat out refuse to budge on the Sept 1st deadline, Retentions claim it's a one-off deal, and yet some people can get the bundle without too much fuss.

Very odd! I think I'll try my luck with Retentions again today but failing that, I'm looking at walking to T on a Relax contract with W'n'W. It's not as great as a FlexT, but something about me is unnerved by the thought of an 18 month contract!

based on select 750 (on two handsets) a monthly spend in excess of

Seems a consultation with Doctor was all I needed! Just dialling to see if I can get my PAC code texted over to me, then I'll be wandering down to the T Mobile shop in Hampstead later if they've got any in stock.

The T Mobile coverage was the only thing that was concerning me, and now that's alleviated, I don't see any reason to play the CSR lottery any more!

P.S. Can you do anything about nasty rashes either? :D

Just tried the suggestion of asking for the PAC code again. They CSR didn't blink, didn't try and retain me in anyway, and told me the PAC code was already in the post. I'm just absolutely stunned he did nothing in the slightest to convince me to stay. Perhaps this is a new ploy to get rid of the data customers so they don't have to try and match T mobile. Bizarre!

Vario II, here I come! Can't wait!

I'm just dumbfounded and speechless by Orange's behaviour. Shocking!

Edited by Dakers

just to let you all know I've just received my first bill after my upgrade.

OWU appears as a 1GB/mth allowance not the 2GB/mth I had originally thought. To be honest I doubt I will get anywhere near this... at best a couple of 100 a month....

have fun... and by the way... the premier support line really is quite good...

Guest pd.ryder

I think it's been mentioned several times, O considers ALL DATA to be WAP. Heaven knows why, they just do :D

My poultry OW4 (4Mb) covers my use of email, IE browsing, IM data and anything else I can't think of right now. This 'unlimited' thingy is simply an extended (or unlimited :D ) version of that.

Guest kjtaylor13

Hi,

Did any one see "click" this saturday on BBC News. I caught the tail end of it and there was some guy from orange talking about better charging for internet on mobiles.

Check out this link to the related web article:

Havn't called orange back yet since last week, I'm waiting until my tarrif transfers to Panther, then will give them a call. Fingers crossed.

Kevin

Guest Confucious

And with O's PAYG you have to get it activated each day - a real pain. But if you use it less than 10 days a month it could work out cheaper than W'n'W Pro as you only pay for the days you use it.

Guest martinwcooper

Good news for me...hopefully.

Just took out a new Orange contract today (Dolphin 35 for 12 months) and was given the Try3G bundle, but have just got off the phone now from 150 and have had "Orange World Browsing" added to the account for

Guest martinwcooper
Good deal if it is OWU rather than OW10....

True, though i am hopeful. When i asked him to add it and he started scrolling through the options he initially said "ah, here it is, orange world 10" but i asked him to continue looking and he must have read out about 20 add ons before he got to "orange world browsing" which was the right price. Fingers crossed - i don't know whether it's worth calling them to ask again what i have on my account or whether i should just wait for the bill.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Shaunfarris

Just seen this on the Orange website

Orange Unlimited off peak pay monthly

but also phoned Orange and amazed that I got through in only 10mins nearly fell off my chair in surprise.

Asked the guy about better data plans than the Orange World 25 im on currently he said he would advise doing nothing just yet and to ring back in a couple of weeks as there could well be better options at that time. I did ask if he knew what and I was told no but it wouldnt be worth ammending my contract at the moment.

Any ideas anyone????

It cant be that he was just putting me off leaving as unfortuanetly im only 8months into my 18month contract as he had already pointed out when I said I wanted something like T-Mobile offer.

Guest pd.ryder

C'mon Orange..... you can do it.... competition is gooood for you.... match or better the t-mobile offering.

*holding breath and pinching nose* :rolleyes:

To anyone who still doubts it's possible...

After months of Orange screwing up my request for the Try 3G service back in August and never getting it, I was on the phone to a very helpful CS person called Rachel and tried my luck. "Humour me for a minute" I said when I read out parts of this thread about the Orange World Browsing product.

She found it in the Offers and Promotions archive and was able to add it, as she had supervisor rights apparently and it will last 18 months and it is indeed 8 quid a month for 1000MB.

Seems silly there isn't an equivalent product now which is just as good value, but thought I'd put the word out that you can still get it applied if you try hard enough!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.