Orange unlimited data?

Guest Wozbacca

Guest nldavepc

I live in the Netherlands and over here what they mean by "unlimited" is usage of everything that falls under the "orange world" portal.

Anyhing else falls under a 25mb bundel, and costs 3 euro/mb (ouch) once you're over the 25mb limit.

I have been using this service for 3 months now and I have yet to go over the limit, though I use it quite extensively.

I have also noticed that the usage doesn't go up if you use the built-in mail software on your ppc (spv3000 in my case) to pickup your emails from your orange address (it does if you use a different mail provider). So I redirected my other accounts to my orange address and now I can use their push mail service to read all my mails without having to use the 25mb limit.

Although it would be nice to have a "flat-rate" service such as the one provided by T-mobile, I am quite happy with my Orange data plan at the moment.

The only problem is that the above mentioned prices and limits are only valid in the Netherlands, so if you're over the border in Belgium or Germany, it costs 15 euros (OUCH!) per mb, which to me seems a bit over the top.

Thankfully, most big european cities have plenty of free wireless so somehow I always manage to stay online.

Edited by nldavepc

Guest martinwcooper

I had my first bill with Orange World Browsing the other day and all was fine - £8 charged for the bundle, and nothing for the 100mb of data usage. It was mysteriously split into "Orange WAP" and "Orange Internet", though I wasn't charged for use of either.

It looks like they deleted "Try 3G" from my account when they added Orange World Browsing, so I'm very glad it worked!

This almost makes up for the 2.5hr wait to speak to customer services last month!

I had my first bill with Orange World Browsing the other day and all was fine - £8 charged for the bundle, and nothing for the 100mb of data usage. It was mysteriously split into "Orange WAP" and "Orange Internet", though I wasn't charged for use of either.

It looks like they deleted "Try 3G" from my account when they added Orange World Browsing, so I'm very glad it worked!

This almost makes up for the 2.5hr wait to speak to customer services last month!

my bill showed 25 meg, all as orange wap, but 24 against the OWU allowance and one charged! I queried the bill and it has been sent for recalculation.....

Guest MARKUKCOUK
my bill showed 25 meg, all as orange wap, but 24 against the OWU allowance and one charged! I queried the bill and it has been sent for recalculation.....

I had the same (albeit about 59meg + 1), but couldnt be arsed to argue. I will next month though.

Personally I'd happily pay the 1 meg cost for what I get! :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...
I had the same (albeit about 59meg + 1), but couldnt be arsed to argue. I will next month though.

Personally I'd happily pay the 1 meg cost for what I get! :)

Just seen my next bill online, this month it is 22.5 meg against the OrangeWAP APN and 0.04 meg against the Orangeinternet one (Just after my previous bill, I switched from lettting it choose, to forcing the OrangeWAP setting - both shown at zero cost and BOTH shown against my OWU allowance! :D

Maybe Orange have seen the light on this small point.

Having said that, I have heard nothing re my recalculated bill from last month.

• 4 months later...
Guest mattgod69

Has anyone got this on an Orange Business contract or is it only the personal contracts? Orange Customer Services ahd never heard of a £8 per month unlimited data package...... mmmm! Cheers in advance. Matt

• 1 month later...
Guest moodog

well, I just called up and tried my luck trying to get this added to my account. While I got a very helpful CS person, and I explained to her where to find the offer, she wasn't able to find anything like £8 unlimited... only the evening and weekends deal.

I'm guessing that maybe because of this

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?showtopic=254481

they may have removed it...

might try again later.

Guest Confucious
well, I just called up and tried my luck trying to get this added to my account. While I got a very helpful CS person, and I explained to her where to find the offer, she wasn't able to find anything like £8 unlimited... only the evening and weekends deal.

I'm guessing that maybe because of this

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?showtopic=254481

they may have removed it...

might try again later.

As it' won't be available until June it's not really suprising they can't find it now!

Guest jimbouk
As it' won't be available until June it's not really suprising they can't find it now!

They were selling OWU (or rather allowing pushy customers with the right tariffs to force them to let them have it) only a couple of weeks ago.

As the guy above you says, maybe they have stopped OWU for new customers as they prepare and "heaven forbid"train their CS people on the new data packages. Meaning just us lucky few can continue to enjoy OWU for now.

Guest Confucious

The new tariffs aren't available until June. Is it true they held a draw each week and the person who got 6 numbers out of 49 right was the one that got OWU? lol

Guest moodog

Well, given that a reasonable amount of the previous 30 pages of this thread have been about people getting it added over the last 5 or so months, I thought it was quite possible...

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Rob_Quads

Looks like details of this £8 package have come out - a staggering .....30MB!!! limit per month. I've barely been doing anything online and I have still racked up 18MB in the last 20 days since getting my phone.

Guest hotphil

I've just been reading the article on The Register about this - 30MB/month!!! And evening/weekends as a realistic option? Are they stoned? I can't beleive they'd even think about releasing such tariffs. I continue to be impressed with T-Mobile's offerings and would urge anyone on Orange to ditch them if they have even the slightest use for a data connection.

Guest Confucious

Since when have O ever taken any notice of petitions? I have voted but I doubt if it will do any good - O must know that 30Mb is laughable! The original W'n'W was capped at 40Mb IIRC but T soon realised that wasn't enough for 3G!

Guest pd.ryder

There are webpages / forums full of images that I regularly use on my Vario II and they d/l page sizes of around 1.5Mb every time the page reloads. Now how far would 30Mb go in a month...?

Pah!

:rolleyes:

• 10 months later...

\well...

apparently my contract ended last month and I had no idea....

so what happened... they barred my phone yesterday much to my annoyance... turns out that there had been over £1300 worth of usage on my phone!!!

they phoned me back today to tell me it was because they had lifted the data bundle off my contract and that the charges were data related :D

its left me with a very bad taste in my mouth... they are going to call me back tomorrow once they have issued a bill to discuss this...

if you scroll back a good few pages you'll note that I was told that they would write/call me at the end of the period to get a new bundle but they didn't. I don't know how they can charge this much!!

I'll report back later with regards to what the outcome is...

either way... what are the rest of you lot doing now that we've come to the end of this deal? are you staying with O or moving away?

the 1100 deal on 3 is looking very tempting to me at the moment especially as with the N95 8gb model it only comes out to £35 a month and will give me gmail and mobilemail along with browsing etc... I could then afford to get the 7gb usb modem for half price at £12.50. a far better option possibly....

I need to think about my needs etc I'm thinking that I just want to go back to a traditional phone that 'works' all the time with no nonsense!

let me know what you all think....

S

• 1 month later...
Guest m3100tony

WARNING!

Those of you that got this deal in 2006 around the time of this thread may be in for a nasty surprise with your May bill, when Orange decided to take away this deal this month.

I upgraded last November and they specifically guaranteed me the same deal (1000mb for £8)..... no they have deleted the data package and charged me pro-rata for the data.

This is clearly a breach of contract. They have refunded the data charges and offered me 250mb for nothing/month. I am not sure I will accept as I may go over this, and a deal was a deal..... and they will only offer this till my contract is up for renewall after 12 months from the last upgrade which takes me to Nov 08.

Anyone know when the 02 iphone is out on 3G and is it any good?

Any other good replacements for my TYTN II and good deals elsewhere.

(My current phone is TYTN II - I get panther 45 for £35/month plus some extra minutes - 1200 mins and 500 txt / month with now 250mb). Out of contract in Nov 08.

I reckon I have a valid reason to go if they cant honur their contract. Any better deals out there?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest jimbouk

My Unlimited Bundle was due to run out tomorrow. Just had a 30 minute battle with O to get it renewed... and won!

I phoned two weeks ago to confirm it could be renewed but when I tried to today, they tried to put me in 30mb deal... then tried to charge £18 for unlimited... but after i pointed out a few things (such as their guy accusing me of lying about the call two weeks ago), they agreed to £8 inc VAT per month for unlimited for another 12 months.

Guest jimbouk

Guess what...

they mucked it up and applied the 30mb bundle instead...

So another hour on the phone and lots of "we're very sorry but we actually cant do anything" then retentions call me back and I get 250mb a month for free for two months whilst I decide what to do.

Guest spacerace
Guess what...

they mucked it up and applied the 30mb bundle instead...

So another hour on the phone and lots of "we're very sorry but we actually cant do anything" then retentions call me back and I get 250mb a month for free for two months whilst I decide what to do.

they've just done the same to me. "yes we can renew your unlimited bundle no problem". I get them to promise to call if for any reason they can't re-apply the unlimited bundle. I check a week later and I just have the 30MB bundle applied! I will be calling retentions shortly..

Guest jimbouk

I checked this morning and I have the 250mb OBS (business) Bundle on my account as a temporary fix.

According to their records I only use 40 mb a month... I reckon its actually closer to 300mb...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.