Orange unlimited data?

Guest Wozbacca

Guest Dr Who

Cheers Saif.

Doesn't fill you with confidence when what sounds like a very competent drone can't find the T&C's for a service they are taking money for. How can they sell a product when they don't know what it does? I actually gave the drone I spoke to yesterday the web address of the the T&C's for this product, but she seemed supremely disinterested in trying to get to it.

BTW, I have previously enquired about whether the Try bundle could be extended.

No.

I then asked if they could relax the data usage of the TV service (

Cheers Saif.

Doesn't fill you with confidence when what sounds like a very competent drone can't find the T&C's for a service they are taking money for. How can they sell a product when they don't know what it does? I actually gave the drone I spoke to yesterday the web address of the the T&C's for this product, but she seemed supremely disinterested in trying to get to it.

BTW, I have previously enquired about whether the Try bundle could be extended.

No.

I then asked if they could relax the data usage of the TV service (

Guest MARKUKCOUK

You get further if you specifically ask for the following:

Orange World Unlimited Data

Its on CSF (Their computer software package)

Its

Guest MARKUKCOUK

I should also point out that 1 person at T Mobile has said I can get sim only + WnW, and another tell me its not possible, so the drones get all over.

Though you can at least get through to tmob!

Guest chucky.egg
1 person at T Mobile has said I can get sim only + WnW, and another tell me its not possible

I'm sure it is possible because Paul posted that he'd got one for his laptop for 3G access

Guest MARKUKCOUK

***The last word?***

FINALLY got through to someone who knows what they are talking about.

Someone called Owen in data. I won't give out his extention.

He did stay this is what I should post about to help anyone interested in signing up for it (BUT READ BELOW CAREFULLY!)

The bundle is called 'Orange World Data Unlimited' and is in the "New/Current" section of CSF/CSS. It was launched on the 1st June 2006.

That should be enough information for the OCS people to find it.

HOWEVER: This is the killer. The bundle is for 12 months, or the remainder of your contract and is

Guest djboo

its clear orange clearly dont want their hi spec customers anymore. im beyond caring if tmob reception is pants - im moving to them this weekend. makes me VERY glad i splashed out the extra to get the universal without a contract (and that the sim unlock is as easy as pie)

ive barely had it a month tho, and i cant help feel i should have waited for a 3.5g model. then again im so desperate to get unlimited due to the speed at which 3g eats credit.

Guest Dr Who
***The last word?***

FINALLY got through to someone who knows what they are talking about.

Someone called Owen in data. I won't give out his extention.

He did stay this is what I should post about to help anyone interested in signing up for it (BUT READ BELOW CAREFULLY!)

The bundle is called 'Orange World Data Unlimited' and is in the "New/Current" section of CSF/CSS. It was launched on the 1st June 2006.

That should be enough information for the OCS people to find it.

HOWEVER: This is the killer. The bundle is for 12 months, or the remainder of your contract and is

****** I HAVE NEWS*********

Just received my call back!!

GOOD NEWS!!!

There is indeed an unlimited data bundle!

It is generally known as Orange World Browsing Unlimited but the correct name that OCS need to look for on their systems is called Orange World ACCESS 10.

This is a

Guest sameerabedi
I think thats enough information there to get this sorted out. To be honest I wouldn't bother with the normal CS team and recommend you just call retentions.

I'll let you know if I get another call :)

Best of luck everybody.

Through the orange handset how do u get through direct to the retentions dept???

Guest Dr Who
Through the orange handset how do u get through direct to the retentions dept???

Listen for the key phrase, "If you are thinking of LEAVING Orange then press".....

Guest Dr Who
****** I HAVE NEWS*********

There is indeed an unlimited data bundle!

It is generally known as Orange World Browsing Unlimited but the correct name that OCS need to look for on their systems is called Orange World ACCESS 10.

This is a

Edited by Dr Who

Guest digrem

/Lurking mode off

Just to comfirm, I have spoke to 3 CS tonight and its there, they just need to look for it !!!!

BTW. I may be able to get hold of M3100 on new connection on the Panther

Guest Wozbacca

this is a joke....

i wish orange would get their story straight.

how come different CS staff have different versions of the tarrif?!

is it off peak only?

is it only wap?

is it only orange world intranet?

is it only gprs and not 3g

does it actually exist?!

if the big T are offering it for

Guest MARKUKCOUK

Right,

Firstly an apology - I spouted utter crap further up the thread, and presented it as fact. It isn't. My only defence is that it was what I was told by OCS!

Today I've finally got somewhere!

Its Orange World Browsing Unlimited, is available until Sept 1st, is unlimited access anytime upto a maximum of 18 months, or the length of your contract.

Its only available on Panther, and - CHECK THIS FOR STUPIDITY - when my Orange M3100 arrives, I have to package it up and return it, and whilst on the phone getting a RMA number, also ask for another phone to be sent out on the new tariff(despite the handset price being the same)

I spoke to a Richard in Retentions, who said he had had someone else asking for it (I'm guessing one of us!), and although he didn't have it on his computer, he would explain to 'upgrades' and put me through.

I was then put through to Lisa, who was massively more helpful than I've ever known anyone at Orange to be, who took her time to go through the terms with me. Because the tariff I have doesn't support it, and because oranges new rules don't allow to me to go out to a contract double what I'm paying now (What?!), she gave me her extention number, and hours of work next week, so she can put me on the tariff next week when my (Second) new phone arrives :)

I'm really annoyed at the faffing about, but now I have a OCS person who knows her stuff, I'm happy!

Should I go for a 12 or 18 month contract though...

18 gives me 18 months of unlimited access... but should I only do 12 because something else better will be about by then? Hmmmm

Guest Wozbacca

surely 12 months is better, by then there will be more options to upgrade/switch to

newer nicer handsets etc... i hate the idea of tying myself into 18months

so can we now confirm that orange do have unlimited gprs data (including proper internet, not wap, and IM functionality? off peak?

Mark,

Glad you got somewhere at last.

I have to admit that the quality and comitment level to help is certainly very high with some of the OCS staff I've spoken to in the last week or so. Something changing at O maybe?

With regards to your question of the 12/18 mth contract; I am assuming you will be going for a Panther deal and from what Melanie told me, I should take the 18month deal as there shouldn't be a problem upgrading after 12 months on these tariffs... again I guess it depends on your spend but I'm confident that rententions will sort something if there is some big change in 12 months.

Just waiting for the handsets to be released to upgrades now! Shouldn't be too long.

Apologies, I've only just seen your PM but you've obviously made some progress since.

Keep us posted.

Guest Dr Who
surely 12 months is better, by then there will be more options to upgrade/switch to

newer nicer handsets etc... i hate the idea of tying myself into 18months

so can we now confirm that orange do have unlimited gprs data (including proper internet, not wap, and IM functionality? off peak?

Thats what I want to hear Woz, is it all GPRS/3G data including all browsing and email?

Guest Pondrew

Wow. So if you're a high spend customer and you act now you might be able to have unlimited data for a while but don't expect to see it confirmed in the Terms and Conditions?

Fantastic :)

Topic title amended (again!)

Guest MARKUKCOUK
Mark,

Glad you got somewhere at last.

I have to admit that the quality and comitment level to help is certainly very high with some of the OCS staff I've spoken to in the last week or so. Something changing at O maybe?

With regards to your question of the 12/18 mth contract; I am assuming you will be going for a Panther deal and from what Melanie told me, I should take the 18month deal as there shouldn't be a problem upgrading after 12 months on these tariffs... again I guess it depends on your spend but I'm confident that rententions will sort something if there is some big change in 12 months.

Just waiting for the handsets to be released to upgrades now! Shouldn't be too long.

Apologies, I've only just seen your PM but you've obviously made some progress since.

Keep us posted.

Sorry Saif - I should have PMed you again, as the first is Null and Void now! The only trouble is that after 12 months.. I may lose my unlimited access... plus you get less minutes on 12 months.

However I guess after 12 months I can still switch to TMobile

They won't give me an upgrade by the way, which is why I'm faffing with a new contract. Still, not a big deal, I'll keep my Any Network Off peak tariff on an old phone for now (

Guest MARKUKCOUK
Thats what I want to hear Woz, is it all GPRS/3G data including all browsing and email?

Ooooh s*** forgot about this!

It must include 3g, as to get this bundle... YOU MUST HAVE A 3G CAPABLE HANDSET

Which screws over people on C600 and others :(

One other thing which made me chuckle - one of the OCS people in data I spoke to yesterday, said the package didn't make much sense as I was describing it (Ts and Cs)... as Orange have no way of knowing if I'm using it as a modem or on msn - all they see is how much I've used.

:) ;) :D

Based on that... I think I'll risk it!

Edited by MARKUKCOUK

One other thing which made me chuckle - one of the OCS people in data I spoke to yesterday, said the package didn't make much sense as I was describing it (Ts and Cs)... as Orange have no way of knowing if I'm using it as a modem or on msn - all they see is how much I've used.

:) ;) :D

Based on that... I think I'll risk it!

that was my sentiment exactly. I'm just waiting for the handset to be released to upgrades now... I ducked out of the Smartphone/PPC race for a while as I went over to using a Moto V3 so am extra keen on getting what seems to be like the dogs doodas...

heres to hoping.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.