Orange unlimited data?

Guest Wozbacca

Guest MARKUKCOUK
^^ Thanks Jim, at least for recognising the fact! :D :D

As for without upgrade, I'd guess your chances are fairly slim!

It seems pretty slim even WITH an upgrade. Even then you've got to play the OCS lottery. Keep phoning them and having the same conversation until you hit the JP (that's Jackpot to you lot). Boring, but, at this stage, unfortunately necessary. Play the T&C web page card if you like, it worked for me. The woman who eventually signed me up for it (I'll be waiting another 8 days yet for it to appear on my account sadly) had never heard of it but she was well chuffed when I informed her and she sorted it out, cos it meant she would get more conversions (and therefore extra bonus).

Right, I'll post some grabs of my pdf bill soon, but just to confirm... i have unlimited data, although it is limited to 1000 meg. I believe that may be like tmobile tho - the computer wont let them put it any higher!

Guest Confucious
Right, I'll post some grabs of my pdf bill soon, but just to confirm... i have unlimited data, although it is limited to 1000 meg. I believe that may be like tmobile tho - the computer wont let them put it any higher!

So long as you don't just have 3G try which gives you 1Gb / month for the first 3 months. :D

T don't bother measuring data anymore - no point :D

I hope you're right and you do have unlimited data - it's great. But why won't O just let everyone have it like T do.

You know the probs you had getting it, I'm glad you did, but why should you have to go through that?

Guest jimbouk

See my comments on the other data thread...ie that O may be happier having fewer "unlimited" clients - namely those that already have big talk plans and thus they want to keep them (for their talkplan income), plus the rest of their customer base paying per mb (and thus earn more per mb from smaller talkplan clients) - whereas T have used the wnw business model to try to get as many data hungry users (who may also spend money on calls) to stay with them or defect to them.

I am amazed at gow many people of here complain about O's data plans when they actually only spend

Guest jimbouk

I just checked and my TRY 3G has been added this morning as promised. I upgraded three weeks ago but had to wait to my next billing date for my existing data bundle to expire. So now I get to seriously hammer O's bandwidth...and then wait til 3rd Dec to see if the OWU goes on the account as smoothly.

Guest spacerace
So long as you don't just have 3G try which gives you 1Gb / month for the first 3 months. :D

Well I definitely don't have the Try 3G as I'm not a 3G customer with Orange at the moment. I have got the bundle added, but I guess there's no guaranteed way of knowing it is actually doing unlimited data until the next bill comes in....

• 2 weeks later...
Guess who's back :D

post-2480-1157974899_thumb.jpg

post-2480-1157974928.jpg

I love Orange :D

EXCELLENT! :D *rubs hands with glee*

Just think, next month you'll be able to browse a whole 1.2 million WAP pages...

... or is that just putting the cat back in with the pigeons...? :D

Guess who's back :D

post-2480-1157974899_thumb.jpg

post-2480-1157974928.jpg

I love Orange :D

grrr.. as soon as I saw the post go up I was on the phone to Orange Upgrades. I was hoping to keep my 12 month 500mins/500texts bundle for

Guest MARKUKCOUK
EXCELLENT! :D *rubs hands with glee*

Just think, next month you'll be able to browse a whole 1.2 million WAP pages...

... or is that just putting the cat back in with the pigeons...? :D

Hmm.. I didn't get that? Am I stupid?

Anyway, if you look at your M3100... data is called "Orange WAP" but its really the normal GPRS/3G... its just Orange are stupid.

I'm not gonna test the 1000 meg thing, but I have a feeling it is actually very much like TMobiles Web and Walk actually being limited to 50 meg (its not, but on their systems, it the only one they can choose!)

By the way, ive streamed Passion Radio through onto my car radio and used MSN :D

Guest Confucious
I'm not gonna test the 1000 meg thing, but I have a feeling it is actually very much like TMobiles Web and Walk actually being limited to 50 meg (its not, but on their systems, it the only one they can choose!)

Methinks you are talking cr*p - I used 411 meg last month on T

Glad to see the Orange OWU works - juat a pity they won't give it to everyone and you have to fight to get it.

Well done for succeeding though!

Guest nevawlkalone

So where is this unlimited data plan then? i have been off for nigh on three weeks and im not upto speed on these topics.

I have looked on O's website and cant find it andwhere...am i lookig at the wrong tariff?

Can someone plese point me in the right direction as to whether the plan is available (yes or no) and where i can ge it from and what plan.

Cheers

M

Guest nevawlkalone
A good place to start would be to read through the previous 28 pages ;-)

Got to eighteen and fell asleep due to boredem but thanks for the useful reply....

Or start by begging O to add it....

So its not available yet?

Guest Confucious
So its not available yet?

It is but only on Panther I believe and new contracts o- but some people seem to have got it added to other - Orange don't seem to like admiting they do have and OWU bundle. Persistance seems to pay off though!

So how do you get the CSR around the issue of the offer expiring on the 1st? The girl I spoke to wasn't the brightest thing in the world, but she did find the package without too much help, but the expiry date of it was one of the first things she read off the screen to me.

Guest Shaunfarris

This is really frustrating not having a decent data plan on Orange.

I had a quick look around at the other networks and on first look it seems that the unlimited (1000MB) GPRS costs of the networks are:

1. Orange =

So how do you get the CSR around the issue of the offer expiring on the 1st? The girl I spoke to wasn't the brightest thing in the world, but she did find the package without too much help, but the expiry date of it was one of the first things she read off the screen to me.

This is how to get OWU, or Orange World Browsing (as it 's known in the product screen of the Orange Customer Relationship Management system) added:

The information she is reading back to you is from the 'Offers and Promotions' screen in Scholar (orange intranet). Tell her the information is out of date and that the promotion has been extended :D

Ask her to go into CSS (she will know what you mean) and look at the products list as if she is going to add a product to your account, then ask her to look for 'Orange World Browsing' with a price of

Edited by Zahid

Guest Confucious

I wonder why Orange are being so secretive about this - not even telling there own CS, not making it clear what tarrifs it's avalable on or who too. Are they just trying it out before advertising it properly?

It just seems a very strange way of going about introducing a new package, beta testing?

Guest MARKUKCOUK
Methinks you are talking cr*p - I used 411 meg last month on T

Glad to see the Orange OWU works - juat a pity they won't give it to everyone and you have to fight to get it.

Well done for succeeding though!

I think you should try reading my post again before you come out with abusive crap for no reason.

Ring up TMobile and if you get lucky with a decent operator, ask them how much THE SYSTEM says you have.

Its 50 meg (I believe, but the amount may be different). Its a system limitation - you DO get unlimited, because unlimited isn't available on the system, so you have a limit, but they know you are on WnW so don't charge you if you go over it.

My point was that although Orange have put down 1000meg as my allowance, they probably wouldn't charge if I went over it.

Guest spacerace
The information she is reading back to you is from the 'Offers and Promotions' screen in Scholar (orange intranet). Tell her the information is out of date and that the promotion has been extended :D

has it been extended ?

If you're just aiming to convince the CS rep that it has to get it added, I'd be very wary about using the data much in case sometime later they remove the incorreclty applied offer and chanrge you accordingly....

Guest spacerace
My point was that although Orange have put down 1000meg as my allowance, they probably wouldn't charge if I went over it.

I think 1000MB is their fair use limit. Although you won't necessarily get charged for going over it, you might well get a warning about exceeding the fair use limit..

has it been extended ?

If you're just aiming to convince the CS rep that it has to get it added, I'd be very wary about using the data much in case sometime later they remove the incorreclty applied offer and chanrge you accordingly....

This is my point. I'm not comfortable trying to argue a point where I've no solid information and sketchy reports at best. However, unless people are lying on the forum, they've managed to get hold of the data package somehow after 1st September. Telling a CS person that their information on the system is wrong is always a excellent way to put yourself in a bad light to them!

I'm not disputing that it can be done, just I'd love to know how! I'm even tempted to swallow my pride and up sticks to T Mobile, despite the bad things I hear about their network and patchy coverage, just because I can save money and get a better tariff, even if it does mean an 18 month contract.

On a side note, is the T coverage only iffy outside London? I rarely stray outside London so if it's not an issue it's another nail in Orange's coffin for me.

This is my point. I'm not comfortable trying to argue a point where I've no solid information and sketchy reports at best. However, unless people are lying on the forum, they've managed to get hold of the data package somehow after 1st September. Telling a CS person that their information on the system is wrong is always a excellent way to put yourself in a bad light to them!

I'm not disputing that it can be done, just I'd love to know how! I'm even tempted to swallow my pride and up sticks to T Mobile, despite the bad things I hear about their network and patchy coverage, just because I can save money and get a better tariff, even if it does mean an 18 month contract.

On a side note, is the T coverage only iffy outside London? I rarely stray outside London so if it's not an issue it's another nail in Orange's coffin for me.

If it had expired the system wouldn't allow them to add the product, in the same way that it will not allow them to add it to a non-animal tariff (they get an error message). The product is still being used by Retentions (or those Retentions reps that know about it at least).

Diplomatic language and politeness is a must if you want to get anywhere with the majority of Customer Service staff.

How I got it: I got my phone upgrade through Retentions. Within 7 days of receiving my upgrade M3100, I telephoned Retentions again and asked how to return the upgrade phone and get my PAC code.

The rep asked why I wanted to return it. I said T-Mobile have just released the same phone and they have Web n Walk which is unlimited data. I said I know Orange have an Orange World Unlimited/Orange Data Bundle, and if they would give me it on my current tariff then I wouldn't have any reason for leaving. After discussion I was told I couldn't have it on my tariff. She said she could transfer me to Upgrades to return the phone.

The Upgrades rep asked why I wanted to return the phone. I explained T-Mobile Vario II Web n Walk etc. I explained to her about Orange World Unlimited but apparently I couldn't have it. She went on to ask if she could get me the OWU would I then not cancel the upgrade and stay with Orange. Yep, I said :D

So she asked what it's called again, so I explained what and where she could find it on her system. She said the info stated that it was only for Panther Tariffs (I was on select 500 with 100 texts and 5 meg data thrown in), but that she would try to add it after checking with her line-manager. She came back and said no problem you can have it. She then tried adding the product and it wouldn't let her. She said the system popped up an error message saying it wasn't available on this tariff. She checked with her line-manager again and said I could have it for free on a Panther tariff.

I said I didn't want to pay that much and wanted to stay on a 12 month contract. She said she could give me 20MB of data (in addition to the free 5MB I was getting) for

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.