I got one!

Guest Syphon Filter

Guest Syphon Filter
It's already available. :) Give them a call and ask them to add the feature to your account (I think you mentioned you already have WNW in another thread) and you're set to go.

Will anyone answer and be able to sort me out at this time Fleabag?

I am on the blower to 150 right now, but I dont know if I am going to get an answer.

EDIT:

Got an answer and am trying to sort it out now. Will let you all know how it turns out.

Edited by Syphon Filter

With regard to the screen allignment problem. When this started on my Wizard I tried a rom update and lots of other things. Finally someone suggested that I take a look in the registry for the key where the screen alignment data is stored.

I looked at that registry each time the screen drifted out of alignment but the registry settings never changed. Im pretty sure that the problem is a hardware issue, that being the case there there isnt going to be much you can do from a software point of view.

Guest phame

Hi Syphon,

Thanks for all the info yove been postin.

I have a few questions for you.

1.How are the speakers? Like when using a Mp3 ringtone? Are they loud and clear? Or do they sound muffled and distored when on full volume, like the 02 Atom?

2.Hows the camera load time? how long does it take for the camera to snap a pic?

3. How long does the phone take to get a phone signal from the sim card? Ive heard rumors that it takes 10 minutes the first time to get a signal, and 3-5 mins after every soft reset. Is this true?

please advise.

Thanks

Guest Syphon Filter
1.How are the speakers? Like when using a Mp3 ringtone? Are they loud and clear? Or do they sound muffled and distored when on full volume, like the 02 Atom?

The speakers seem fine, BUT they are internal by the looks of it...there are no speaker holes as there were on the Wizard. Obviously on the highest volume settings things sound a little distorted, the speakers are pretty tiny in there. The speaker for your ear (ie the one you listen to when in a call) is rather good though...the call quality is definitely better.

2.Hows the camera load time? how long does it take for the camera to snap a pic?

The camera is ok, nothing special...it loads up in about 3 seconds or so and then it takes about 2seconds to capture a picture and display it for review.

3. How long does the phone take to get a phone signal from the sim card? Ive heard rumors that it takes 10 minutes the first time to get a signal, and 3-5 mins after every soft reset. Is this true?

I have not had this issue to be honest, I pick up a signal with a minute or two tops generally. Obviously it depends heavily on the area you are in and what the reception is like.

I hope this helps.

Ok, my screen went out of alignment again lastnight...it happened while I was charging the phone AND using the 3G connection for a bit of browsing/email. This may be coincidence but it when it happened the back of the phone was a bit warm, the kind of "warm" you expect a device to be when its on charge. But I am not sure if the warmth was actually due to the charging or the fact that I was using the 3G connection.

This morning, with the device cool, the alignment is better, but not back to perfect. What do you guys make of that?

Any opinions on the upgrade to HSDPA?

Guest Syphon Filter
Ive heard rumors that the TytN over heats aswell...any truth behind this Syphon...

See, now I havnt had an "overheating" problem as such. It's never got to a point where i have thought "bloody hell that's hot"

It's got warm, sure, like most devices do when on charge...I am going to test it out today by using the UMTS connection to see if the device gets warm from that...

Guest Syphon Filter

Holding off on the WnW Pro for the moment. I am going to see how things go on 3G.

If anyone does get the HSDPA service then please let us know how it is and what the speeds/coverage are like.

I had the screen alignment issue this morning and have makde the setting change to the USB-PC connection. I will see how things go now.

Edited by Syphon Filter

Guest chrissyboy6969

I have teken the plunge signed up for web n walk pro, kicks in 24th August next billing date. One question the guy didnt know was if this will be HSDPA or just 3g

Anyone know for sure

Cheers

Chris

Guest Syphon Filter
I have teken the plunge signed up for web n walk pro, kicks in 24th August next billing date. One question the guy didnt know was if this will be HSDPA or just 3g

Anyone know for sure

Cheers

Chris

From what I understand:

WnW = GPRS/3G 2gig fair usage and not really supposed to be used for modem access

WnW Pro = GPRS/3G/HSDPA 2gig fair usage, modem access included and it has faster uplink

Guest Laser_iCE

Two things I noticed from the pictures...

First thing, is that no pics of the keyboard ;) I know there are lots out there, even on the box, but c'mon... I wanna see it in your hands :)

Secondly, the thing came with ear bud covers? My K-JAM didn't and that made the headphones fit like ... Well, lets just say it was as if my ears were 12 years old and the earphone was the priest...

Heh.

EDIT: WTF?! 6 pages ? My bad ...

Edited by Laser_iCE

Guest Syphon Filter
Two things I noticed from the pictures...

First thing, is that no pics of the keyboard ;) I know there are lots out there, even on the box, but c'mon... I wanna see it in your hands :)

Secondly, the thing came with ear bud covers? My K-JAM didn't and that made the headphones fit like ... Well, lets just say it was as if my ears were 12 years old and the earphone was the priest...

Heh.

EDIT: WTF?! 6 pages ? My bad ...

The headphones did come with spongey covers but they still dont fit me and are VERY uncomfortable.

I will take some pictures of the keyboard in a second. I have just had my device replaced due to the screen wandering problem. Check this thread for more info:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/viewtopic....p=335605#335605

I now have a device with an HT630 serial number.

Guest chrissyboy6969
The headphones did come with spongey covers but they still dont fit me and are VERY uncomfortable.

I will take some pictures of the keyboard in a second. I have just had my device replaced due to the screen wandering problem. Check this thread for more info:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/viewtopic....p=335605#335605

I now have a device with an HT630 serial number.

Who replaced it HTC or the retailer, mine seems fine however i am worried as mine is s\n HT628

Cheers

Chris

Guest chrissyboy6969
The retailer sorted me out.

who did you get it from as i bought mine online from rankhour not sure how they deal with these things

Guest Syphon Filter
who did you get it from as i bought mine online from rankhour not sure how they deal with these things

Same here mate.

I went down to their CS dept (just off TCR at 33 Percy St).

Explained the problem, told them that i'd done a bit of research and found that the issue I was having was supposedly fixed in he HT630 s/n devices and he swapped mine out for one.

Guest Syphon Filter

My new device has a different ROM on it too...

Rom Ver: 1.18.255.3

Rom Date: 07/22/06

Radio Ver: 1.03.03.10

Protocol Ver: 32.34.7010.01H

ExtROM Ver: 1.18.255.106

Guest satsuma

Bit of a newbie question - I've never bought a Microsoft-powered phone but I think the TyTN or network-branded equivalent will be my first.

Do the networks have a completely different S/N numbering scheme or do they all bear an HTC S/N?

Reason I ask is because I obviously want to be able to see if any device I get has gone beyond S/N HT630XXXX.. on the production line.