SPV M3100 OUT OF STOCK ALREADY

Guest mbeattie

Guest simonclark123

If anyone here has a business, best deal I can do is 2 x M3100 free of charge on 2000 sharer tariff (2yr) for equivalent of

Guest pete.major
Right call me all the names under the sun but...

Im starting a new orange 18mth contract even though my current one has 4 months left. Reason: The Vario II looks shocking with that horrible purple/red crap, and the one orange deal doesnt seem bad..

m3100:

Guest adchaffey
Everyone is complaining about how Orange treat existing customers, but what can we do about it????

Many of us have been customers for years and there service has not improved! What should we do????

Please people! Everyone slags off Orange, and I believe they are justified in doing so, but for gods sake, if you're not happy with the service vote with your feet and move network. Just hold on a little longer and I'm sure the Vario 2 will be out soon.

Switching networks is really painless, and it's the same for Orange as it is thousands of companies in the world in that their service will not improve unless it has to, and at the moment they have no reason to improve. Sure, a few customers have complained to the retention staff but have then been swayed by a cut price contract. Only when customer start to move away in decent numbers will they improve their service. Simple.

Guest sameerabedi
Please people! Everyone slags off Orange, and I believe they are justified in doing so, but for gods sake, if you're not happy with the service vote with your feet and move network. Just hold on a little longer and I'm sure the Vario 2 will be out soon.

Switching networks is really painless, and it's the same for Orange as it is thousands of companies in the world in that their service will not improve unless it has to, and at the moment they have no reason to improve. Sure, a few customers have complained to the retention staff but have then been swayed by a cut price contract. Only when customer start to move away in decent numbers will they improve their service. Simple.

I guess ur right!! It's just frustrating!

In order to leave I will need to buy out the rest of the contract! I guess I'm complaining because if they cared about their customers they would let long term customers upgrade /switch plans etc, but they don't!

Guest jimbouk

i've just written to the orange chief exec's office - advising him that he could significantly reduce his churn rate if he ran the only network that looked after existing customers as well as new ones (in addition to their loyalty discounts) and letting him know that, after nearly 12 years with orange and a spend of just over

Guest The Doctor
reminds me of that Nationwide advert.

Can I borrow your pen?

- No, thats for brand new customers only!! ;)

:) im just about to ring OCS, see if thay can match flext 35 and wnw with a M3100. dont hold out much hope but here goes :D

Phil

Edited by The Doctor

Guest The Doctor

29 minutes wait to speak to somebody about upgrading? :) forget that. thats the last time i ever hear the voice of that woman on the orange services line say, "were sorry, but all of our customer services representatives are busy helping other customers". nice how they put emphasis on the word other.... <_<

Phil

Guest proindigo
29 minutes wait to speak to somebody about upgrading? :) forget that. thats the last time i ever hear the voice of that woman on the orange services line say, "were sorry, but all of our customer services representatives are busy helping other customers". nice how they put emphasis on the word other.... <_<

Phil

I noticed the "other" customers.... Are they trying to be patronizing or rude?

Guest adchaffey
I guess ur right!! It's just frustrating!

In order to leave I will need to buy out the rest of the contract! I guess I'm complaining because if they cared about their customers they would let long term customers upgrade /switch plans etc, but they don't!

Yeah, I know the feeling. I personally got frustrated enough to leave for T-Mobile months ago. To be completely honest, I don't know if T-Mobile will be any better when I come to upgrade, but I'm happy to move on again if they can't keep me happy. :)

Maybe one day a network will stand out from the crowd and look after it's existing customers, but until then it's up to us to vote with our feet and move on!

Guest finisterre

It's a shame T-Mobs version of the Hermes is so bloody ugly, (compared to the M3100), but it looks like I'll have to go to T-Mob for the web n' walk. Orange have lost me unless they offer cheap unlimited data PDQ. Shame, since I've been with Orange since my Nokia 2140.

Guest jibber

I can't see the Vario II on t-mobile's site....

Is it up there?

I'm currently with Orange with a (like someone else) half broken C500 that doesn't ActiveSync and delets all my text messages when it turns off (which it does regularly!)

I had a XDA Mini from O2 at the beginning of the year that went back as it was horribly unstable...

Guest peekie

I cant believe that you guys would buy a t-mobile version if you think its ugly :) just for the data side.if you work out how much you are paying for it over the 2 years then its alot for a phone that you think looks crap and it wont impress the girls if they see another guy with an m3100 ;)

Guest adchaffey
I cant believe that you guys would buy a t-mobile version if you think its ugly :) just for the data side.if you work out how much you are paying for it over the 2 years then its alot for a phone that you think looks crap and it wont impress the girls if they see another guy with an m3100 ;)

But with the prices of data bundles on orange, although my phone would be much sexier, I'd have to sell my car to be able to check my emails. And I'm not going to look to good cruising around on my bike, even with an M3100 in my hand!

Guest The Doctor
But with the prices of data bundles on orange, although my phone would be much sexier, I'd have to sell my car to be able to check my emails. And I'm not going to look to good cruising around on my bike, even with an M3100 in my hand!

:) well said! who cares if it looks ugly! i mean you can pm fluffcat1 for the M3100 housing when he gets some and change it so it'll look exactly like a M3100 ;) or at least thats my plan :D

Phil

Guest julianmclean

I'm not sure any variant of the Hermes will "impress the girls"! All the girls I know would refer to it as a "geek box". Obviously I would prefer the Vario II to not look like a pansy phone, but if that means I can get mobile internet/email without thinking about the price, then its defenitely the one to go for, and I'll rely on impressing the girls with looks and charm...

Guest rickwookie

Will Orange be enabling HSDPA on their network with the release of the M3100 (or anytime soon)?

If not, what exactly is the point of this device?

I'm an Orange business customer currently, but it seems to me that if I switch to T-Mobile I can get a cheaper tariff and add Web-n-Walk Pro (which allows unlimited data (2GB fair use per month) any time of day including use for tethered devices) for only

Guest The Doctor
Will Orange be enabling HSDPA on their network with the release of the M3100 (or anytime soon)?

If not, what exactly is the point of this device?

I'm an Orange business customer currently, but it seems to me that if I switch to T-Mobile I can get a cheaper tariff and add Web-n-Walk Pro (which allows unlimited data (2GB fair use per month) any time of day including use for tethered devices) for only

Edited by The Doctor

Guest rickwookie
[EDIT: wooo! ;) 250 posts :)]

Congratulations!

[EDIT: Oh, that's another one for my post count. ;-) ]

Edited by rickwookie

Guest pete.major
orange have no plans to roll out HSDPA as of yet.... as for the point of the device... its still a fantastic device HSDPA or not :)

Tmob launched their HSDPA network on the 1st of august so its active now......

Phil

[EDIT: wooo! :D 250 posts ;)]

WHAT?!?!

All this agonizing about whether I can get unlimited data package on Orange... and they haven't rolled out HSDPA!

Well that's just final nail in the coffin. Thanks for this post, a blinding oversight in my research...

IMHO, without HSDPA you might as well just stick with the Wizard...

Guest The Doctor
Congratulations!

[EDIT: Oh, that's another one for my post count. ;-) ]

Mods can reset your post count if they think your just posting up to a number :)

anyway..... back to the topic........ (sort of at least ;) )

does anybody have a certain date for the MDA Vario II yet? m3100 is tempting but i want HSDPA and flext

Phil

Guest jibber

I spoke to T-mobile today (to send back the SDA II cos I was having a blonde moment when I ordered it...not at all what I wanted!)

They said that it's not yet showing on the system, but they expect it within a couple of weeks.....

so I'm gonna hold out for that

Guest peekie
I'm not sure any variant of the Hermes will "impress the girls"! All the girls I know would refer to it as a "geek box". Obviously I would prefer the Vario II to not look like a pansy phone, but if that means I can get mobile internet/email without thinking about the price, then its defenitely the one to go for, and I'll rely on impressing the girls with looks and charm...

Well t-mobile phones are a pansy phone with all that pink on them , not a really macho colour , wish they would get rid of it. and as far as buying a t-mobile version and buying a plastic replica cover which is no way as good as the original is stupid , apart from the problem if it breaks down , how do you explain to the guy at t-mobile that the phone you have is their model , plus breaking the seals means no guarantee. far better way would be for your girlfriend to get a orange version and you get her a phone on t-mobile with the data you need , problem solved :)

Guest pete.major
Well t-mobile phones are a pansy phone with all that pink on them , not a really macho colour , wish they would get rid of it. and as far as buying a t-mobile version and buying a plastic replica cover which is no way as good as the original is stupid , apart from the problem if it breaks down , how do you explain to the guy at t-mobile that the phone you have is their model , plus breaking the seals means no guarantee. far better way would be for your girlfriend to get a orange version and you get her a phone on t-mobile with the data you need , problem solved :)

Seriously, if you go for M3100 with no data package and no HSDPA (which I've only just realised) over the Tmobile web-n-walk super deal with HSDPA only because you don't think the "pink" keyboard is macho enough... well there's no need to even finish that statement.

Edited by pete.major