Fantasy Football

Guest Disco Stu

Guest Disco Stu
I dont seem to have got any points from yesterdays game!

Do you expect them to work on the bank holiday ?

For free ?

Or even to be wide awake when they go in to work on the morning after ?

Just be grateful for what you've got already. :D :D

Is it just me who having initially chosen a team, can't actually be arsed to change it? :D

P

I did start off chopping and changing but my enthusiasm has gone plop in with the fishes!

Guest jimbouk

I made a few changes after the first week - when I realised just how many of my team were on the bench with injuries! But haven't touched it since - and probably wont bother.

I am a little surprised though that they haven't updated with Monday's match yet. David James scored 26 points in the first week, but so far has nothing for Monday - despite four really good saves!

Guest goochy1
I made a few changes after the first week - when I realised just how many of my team were on the bench with injuries! But haven't touched it since - and probably wont bother.

but so far has nothing for Monday - despite four really good saves!

Yeah same here after i realised how many were on the bench and with me starting late i couldn't risk letting them stay in the hope they would play.

How many did he let past him though? because that's what will count

goochy1

Guest adchaffey

Next season, I would recommend the official premier league fantasy football. You're only allowed to make one change to your squad each week, so even the laziest of people (i.e. me!) can still keep up!

Guest Disco Stu
Is it just me who having initially chosen a team, can't actually be arsed to change it? :D

P

I have a dedicated hour on Saturday mornings for research and tweaking.

It's the only way to stay on top of injuries and other comings & goings.

I know, I know..... :D :D

Guest Disco Stu
Next season, I would recommend the official premier league fantasy football. You're only allowed to make one change to your squad each week, so even the laziest of people (i.e. me!) can still keep up!

I thought we'd best stick with the format we'd used at MoDaCo in previous seasons but the wait for Yahoo to get up-and-running was very annoying and probably cost us a few more entrants. We'll have to put our heads together next year and pick the one we think is best.

My first impression was that Yahoo was easier to use but you may disagree.

Guest adchaffey
My first impression was that Yahoo was easier to use but you may disagree.

To be fair, I've not tried the Yahoo one, and only tried the official premier league one for the first time last season....

...but I really get on with the official one. Only allowing one change per week means anyone can beat anyone on the day (just like real football!) as it's not just the people with loads of time on their hands that can do well. Anyway, we'll leave this discussion to next season ey!

Edited by adchaffey

Guest goochy1
I have a dedicated hour on Saturday mornings for research and tweaking.

It's the only way to stay on top of injuries and other comings & goings.

Blimey, it's no wonder you have so many points - i think i may have to do that to at least try to catch you up (a bit) Either way its very tactical and a good idea to stay on top.

goochy1

Guest goochy1
They won four nil! And according to the matchcast, he made four or five saves! Should have been a 30 point game for him alone!

Ok i understand why you'd want those points added quickly lol

Guest Monolithix (MVP)

Well i checked my box of giveaway bits, and well...it isnt as great as i thought! Just a load of .NET books which people are welcome to :D

As for changing my team, i was going to on Sat but overslept! Will find time *tomoro* to research and update methinks :D

Guest goochy1
Well i checked my box of giveaway bits, and well...it isnt as great as i thought! Just a load of .NET books which people are welcome to :D

As for changing my team, i was going to on Sat but overslept! Will find time *tomoro* to research and update methinks :D

You've still got some decent points as you started late aswell so don't worry about it. As for .NET books that doesn't matter theres still the fun of competing isn't there.

goochy1

Guest Disco Stu

Those who enjoy online text commentaries can keep up with the deadline day transfer shenanigans here :

Guardian Unlimited

"These are exciting signings for us," spraffs West Ham media spokesman Phil Hall, lining up the inevitable 'but'. "But, of course, if we were offered major fees for the players at a later date we would have to consider it - as we would with other players."

What is that all about ? :D

Possibly still to come before midnight : Cole ? Gallas ? Reyes ? Ribery ? Baptiste ? Trezeguet ? Hargreaves ?

Guest goochy1
Possibly still to come before midnight : Cole ? Gallas ? Reyes ? Ribery ? Baptiste ? Trezeguet ? Hargreaves ?

Cole's at Chelsea (Get in) in exchange for Gallas (shame to loose him) and 5 mil (he's on

Guest jimbouk

Reply from Yahoo re points:

Team points are updated every Sunday for the week prior (Saturday through Friday), and midweek matches will be counted in that week's statistics.

Please note that when you join a private group, your team's weekly historical points may not show until its weekly statistics are fully updated the following Sunday.

Just you lot wait til my David James points arrive!

Guest adchaffey
Well I've changed a few and knowing my luck I will have to change them back next week :D

Yeah, I'd hold off making any changes till after the international duty this weekend. There will no doubt be some injuries!

Guest goochy1
Yeah, I'd hold off making any changes till after the international duty this weekend. There will no doubt be some injuries!

My thoughts exactly as you may need to make other changes so just wait (slow and steady)

Guest ricardo the fish
Can someone post the lastest table as I'm stuck at work

The table is the same as before the weekend, this is due to the international matches being played.

1 Disco Stu 189.50

2 Guess Will Win 150.50

3 Wally's Wallys 130.00

4 team fish 115.50

5 Jim's 11 106.00

6 TheDons Hero's 105.00

7 goochy's goals 79.50

8 Micks Mighty Minions 71.50

9 ProsodysTechRevelry 66.50

10 Paul's Goners (sic) 54.50

11 Monolithix Wanders (Around) 51.00

12 Dynamo Antrim 47.00