UPDATED: Developer-Hackers: Win a 2GB memory card of your choice + more

Guest PaulOBrien

Wasnt there an option in tweaks2k for the original magician where it would allow you to disable the leds.....maybe worth asking the developers or trying over on xda-developers

Dunno worth a try :)

Guest conan_troutman

Nope sorry still flashing away like harry

was it a reg edit you did if so any chance you could PM with the local ?

Edited by conan_troutman

Guest conan_troutman

Good night !!

so I was thinking, you going to raffle off your prizes?

looking at the install xml I only have one of the registries you are aiming at after a reboot the first one was created but still my lights are flashing

doesnt uninstall fully on the tornado either.

also a toggle version would be good too

Edited by conan_troutman

Guest jimbouk
I don't think it's going to be an easy project... in fact, i'll be suprised if it's achieved :)

P

Your faith in your own abilities is underwhelming...

(And whilst I have never obviously been as bothered as you by the led's, will there be a noticeable battery life gain?)

Edited by jimbouk

Guest MPXtricky

The XML in your cab shows there are two registry changes, one of which was an 'installed' message. So, was it just a registry change? looks like it

As a starting point, i've combed the registry for a solution to no avail.

P

Guest dave106

doesnt work for charmer. could be device specfic or maybe aku. ive got aku2.0, doesnt the hermes have 2.3 by default.

question, someones whos got it installed, working, try to see if vibrate works. doesnt the OS consider the vibrate function as a led?

Edited by dave106

Guest Paul (MVP)

Prize still up for grabs for Prophet / Tornado solution, i've just done the easy-reg-tweak, which thankfully works on my Hermes :)

Seems like the non TI OMAP devices are a lot easier to do than the TI OMAP ones!

P

Guest Webreaper

Does the Hermes fix also work for the Wizard?

Alternatively, you can use the solution that I use: put the Wizard face-down on the bedside table. Works a treat.

Do I get

Guest Ingvarr
(And whilst I have never obviously been as bothered as you by the led's, will there be a noticeable battery life gain?)

There will be none. The celullar transceiver alone in wait mode takes several magnitude larger power then this led. Not to mention other hardware.

Well Folks, I've just been Beta-testing a non-.Net piece of code that cancels the flashing LED. It works fine on a C500 & C600, without them needing to be re-booted to switch the function on & off.

It should work on all WM2002-2005 smartphones. This function will be part of SmartTweaker very soon. The developers are completing the testing and putting the finishing touches to it now...

N.B. The PPC version is not available yet.

I think I'll stick with the free version from Paul rather than paying :)

Thanks for the info though.

Oh! I'm sorry A.W., I didn't realise that Paul had a free version for the smartphone, maybe I should have read the thread more carefully? ;)

Guest peekie

Have to admit i do find the leds usefull as you can see if you left the ppc on , better than waking up to a dead battery, but during the day is is a pain , maybe an app where you can programme the time when you get the leds on would be handy :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.