UPDATED: Developer-Hackers: Win a 2GB memory card of your choice + more

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest migsoft_dev

Yes, simply run it again.

Regards

I ran the program, and it has successfully turned off the main LED.

I can't find documentation... do I just run the EXE again to toggle it on?

So does this counts as being "solved" or should we continue to think of ways to get 'em off???

(i just discovered this thread and already have one or two ideas....)

Edited by amax

Guest mrschwarz
So does this counts as being "solved" or should we continue to think of ways to get 'em off???

(i just discovered this thread and already have one or two ideas....)

It doesn't work for me. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest cmlawrence

Has anyone experienced increased battery life by turning off the LED?

According to my calculations, it should have a noticeable effect.

The LED blinks about once every 3 seconds. And it's hard to tell, but I think it's on for about 1/2 sec. A typicall LED draws 30mA when on, but let's assume we're at half that, so 15 mA. So, in an hour, the LED is on about 10 minutes. Over a 24 hour day, that means 240 minutes, or 6 hours of on-time. At 15 mA, we are talking about 90mAh burned. Hell, the 3125 battery is 1100 mAh, so in a day, you've burned up 8% of your capacity. If battery life is typically two days, you should see a 16% bump or so by turning off the LED.

Can someone check my #'s? Am I smoking crack?

C

Guest mrschwarz
Has anyone experienced increased battery life by turning off the LED?

According to my calculations, it should have a noticeable effect.

The LED blinks about once every 3 seconds. And it's hard to tell, but I think it's on for about 1/2 sec. A typicall LED draws 30mA when on, but let's assume we're at half that, so 15 mA. So, in an hour, the LED is on about 10 minutes. Over a 24 hour day, that means 240 minutes, or 6 hours of on-time. At 15 mA, we are talking about 90mAh burned. Hell, the 3125 battery is 1100 mAh, so in a day, you've burned up 8% of your capacity. If battery life is typically two days, you should see a 16% bump or so by turning off the LED.

Can someone check my #'s? Am I smoking crack?

C

I think your math is wrong. 1/2 sec every 3 seconds means it is on 10 seconds per minute. That means it is on 1 minute per hour and 24 minutes per day, not 240.

Guest natediggity
I think your math is wrong. 1/2 sec every 3 seconds means it is on 10 seconds per minute. That means it is on 1 minute per hour and 24 minutes per day, not 240.

actually.. that part of his math is definitely correct. just look at it again closely. i dunno anything about the other numbers though.

anyway I installed this type 1, v1.5 earlier and my phone FREAKED out. Im about to try again.. hopefully wont mean another hard-reset. anyone else with the Cingular 3125 have problems?

Guest natediggity
actually.. that part of his math is definitely correct. just look at it again closely. i dunno anything about the other numbers though.

anyway I installed this type 1, v1.5 earlier and my phone FREAKED out. Im about to try again.. hopefully wont mean another hard-reset. anyone else with the Cingular 3125 have problems?

heey it worked this time! thanks guys, i dunno what the deal was before.

#1 works fine on my Qtek 8500, the green light is of. But the thing who is really anoying is the orange light who is on when the phone is charging. I really want this light turn off, since i charge the phone at night when i try to sleep.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Ingvarr
a problem, after last post i the battery is empty in 6 hours, and i have not used the phone at all in this time.

I think this program is "actively jamming" the LED, constantly using the CPU and shortening the battery life.

Guest victor3125
Just FYI:

Neither 1 nor type 2 work fully on the HTC Apache/6700:

Type 2 does disable the LEDs but only when the device is fully powered on.

When in standby, they come back on and actually blink slightly faster and the service LED is yellow instead of the normal green (yellow only for messaging, alarms, etc.).

If the device is plugged in, it rapidly blinks yellow with a red every 3 or 4th blink.

At least the vibrate works though...

I can't get it to work on cingular 3125,why?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Brad Barnett
is this project dead now :) :D :P

do i have to live with my annoying flashing green led :D

I think so. :/

I'd be willing to chip in a bit for this, maybe we should start some pot, somehow? I'm getting ready to return my TyTN. :/ This led, plus the leds on the keyboard being too bright, plus the leds on the front of the unit being annoying... it's all adding up to an unfortunate pain. :/

I like the TyTN! I like the features, the options! I don't like going blind from all these crazy leds. :/ My only recourse will be to keep the unit, after opening it and disabling the leds, or returning it and going with another phone. :/

That is, unless we can find a software solution....

Guest Brad Barnett
I think so. :/

I'd be willing to chip in a bit for this, maybe we should start some pot, somehow? I'm getting ready to return my TyTN. :/ This led, plus the leds on the keyboard being too bright, plus the leds on the front of the unit being annoying... it's all adding up to an unfortunate pain. :/

I like the TyTN! I like the features, the options! I don't like going blind from all these crazy leds. :/ My only recourse will be to keep the unit, after opening it and disabling the leds, or returning it and going with another phone. :/

That is, unless we can find a software solution....

The easy way? Paint.

Yes, paint. In Canada, we have something called "Tremclad". It's a paint used to paint over rust and onto normal metal. Anyhow, the point is, it doesn't stick to plastic as metal, and if you wanted to.. you could remove it in a few minutes easily.

It took a while, using a small piece of hair-thin wire for a brush, but after three coats both leds are covered well. Just take your time, don't drip it, and if you use the same type of paint, it just wipes off the finish of thre TyTN.. even when dry.

Frankly.. unless you knew there were leds in my TyTN, you don't even notice anything has been done, as I used black paint...

• 3 weeks later...
Guest My_Immortal
I think this program is "actively jamming" the LED, constantly using the CPU and shortening the battery life.

:) Quite sad but I'm afraid it is true.

I wanted to disable the LEDs in order to save some battery life, but it seems impossible!

• 9 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Hello all,

I've tried to install Type 1 on my PC for to remove the terrible led-flashing of my qtek 8500.

Unfortunately not possible, because installation is asking for Activesync.

I am using Vista64 on my pc, so there is no activesync. Installation aborted :D

Is there another possibility to install this tool?

many thanks

EDIT: Problem solved, just had to copy the .cab´s manually to my smartphone and installed it with java -.-

Edited by -Q-

• 11 months later...
Guest jlukin

Does anyone know the trick that v1.5 has that makes it work on the 3125? v1.5 works wonderfully on my 3125 and I've tried to reproduce the effect, but no luck. I've moved the nled.h from ppc sdk to smartphone sdk and used the below code to turn off the LED.

NLED_SETTINGS_INFO nsi; 
memset(&nsi, 0, sizeof(nsi));
nsi.LedNum = 0;
nsi.OffOnBlink = 0;
NLedSetDevice(2, &nsi); //this returns true even though LED doesn't get affected[/codebox]

I've signed the exe and turned off all security on my device but no luck for LED. For Vibrate on and off (nsi.LedNum = 1), the code works fine.

Edit: I've figured it out, I needed to call NLedSetDevice in a loop to keep it turned off.

Thanks

Jay

Edited by jlukin

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.