bluetooth stereo headphones/headset

Guest Wozbacca

Guest AndrewH13
Hi ringblom

I think I might have found a solution :D

I installed a freeware utility called ITaskMgr 1.4.5 by Silvio Iaccarino to see what the CPU was doing when the music skipped. I set the music off playing in WMP and watched the real time graph; the cpu averaged at 58% - and waited for the music to skip, and waited... no skipping occured :D . If I quit the Task manager the skipping starts again so my temp solution is to run ITaskMgr; I can only guess what is happening but hope this helps you too.

What is your guess?

Guest ringblom
Hi ringblom

I think I might have found a solution :D

I installed a freeware utility called ITaskMgr 1.4.5 by Silvio Iaccarino to see what the CPU was doing when the music skipped. I set the music off playing in WMP and watched the real time graph; the cpu averaged at 58% - and waited for the music to skip, and waited... no skipping occured :D . If I quit the Task manager the skipping starts again so my temp solution is to run ITaskMgr; I can only guess what is happening but hope this helps you too.

This program helped me some, it seems that the processor uses 100 % of it

Guest themitch
@ dolphinsmile

Secondly, when you first pair the device, media player plays through the headset ok. If you then go out of range, when you return the headset re-pairs ok for the phone but the media player doesn't and it plays through the loudspeaker. You have to enter BT settings and recheck the stereo music option to have the sound through the headset again. Do you experience this?

Is anyone else still getting this or is it just a small minority of us?

Guest s_l_priestley

I'm getting a replacement phone tomorrow as I have the screen alignment problem too - I will see if I still have the same problem.

Jan,

Try a soft reset - turn off wifi - run WMediaplayer and then Task Manager. You can leave the phone on.

Check if you have any other tasks running apart from Task Manager and Mediaplayer? If so try terminating them.

Guest ringblom
I'm getting a replacement phone tomorrow as I have the screen alignment problem too - I will see if I still have the same problem.

Jan,

Try a soft reset - turn off wifi - run WMediaplayer and then Task Manager. You can leave the phone on.

Check if you have any other tasks running apart from Task Manager and Mediaplayer? If so try terminating them.

How does the screen alignment problem showup? Sometimes my screen will go dead and I can only use the keys. Is that the same problem?

Guest s_l_priestley
How does the screen alignment problem showup? Sometimes my screen will go dead and I can only use the keys. Is that the same problem?

An example of mis-alignment is when using the onscreen keyboard as you click it prints letters which are next to the one you clicked -ie. click on 'g' prints 'h' I have had to re-align the screen 3 times today.

Guest dkleeman
I bought the Plantronic Pulsar 590a

The biggest annoyance I had with them was the flashing LEDs on the side - like a lighthouse, not subtle. You definitely could NOT wear them at night without attracting serious attention to yourself. I finally got the guts to break open the casing and modify it to completely prevent the LED from flashing.

Other than that...

• the sound is only *ok*
  • AVRDP (or whatever it's called - remote FF, rew etc) works well
  • works great with skype on PC
  • bit hot on the ears after a while
  • battery life about 8-10 hours

All in all, I wish I hadn't bought them... I'd like something more discrete. Like the Nokia HS-12W mentioned earlier. Only problem is the wires hanging around you neck seem to defeat the purpose to me...

I have the Plantronic Pulsar on test from Orange for

• 4 weeks later...
Guest jubbbird

I have a Vario II and just got my DS970.

Sound quality is MUCH better after the registry tweak, but it seems that even on low quality it still jumps every 30-50 seconds as described above.

It is VERY annoying, and I have yet to try this task manager software, but it's unacceptable to be fair.

I used it in my car the other day, for about 2 hours. It worked well, battery life didnt seem to drain too quickly either, especially considering that WMP didnt want to let the screen backlight turn off the entire time :/ Ultimately I discovered that the skipping is reasonably consistant, but sometimes it decides to work well for a minute or two, even a whole track, before skipping again.

A fix to this problem would be fantastic, as I have no other issues really.

Ultimately, as mentioned above, it would be good to know how many people have this problem - whether it plagues only Vario II's, hardware versions, etc.

Also, to whome do we report stuff like this if we intend to get it fixed??

Im running 634.

• 4 weeks later...

I also have a vario II and I have the exact same problem as in the previous post !

Headset Sony DR-BT10CX

The good:

Overall impression of this headset is I got it relatively cheap from www.accessoryjack.com/

for a great price 50£

Calling works well however I have had feedback from friends that the quality on their end is not so great...need more info here !

The bad

Tracks slow down and speed up lots of jumping due to loss of signal etc. poor show !

typing a txt/email etc. very slow....on second sentence and the 1st is still writting on screen (timelag)

I have tried numerous different players and this does not change the problem

I have tried compressing tracks......no difference either

Conclusions

The problem must be with the software or the technology overall is lacking I am however confident that this is an issue because it is a new technology and the problem will be cracked.

However I do not rule out operator error due to being a "newbie"

but I cant get my head round why a 400 Mhz processor slows down when all you have is bluetooth running and your writting a txt.....seems ridiculous but its true......

I also confess to holding on to my SE W800i for when I crave music I like to get thru a track without any bumps or speed changes.....

cheers G

but I cant get my head round why a 400 Mhz processor slows down when all you have is bluetooth running and your writting a txt.....seems ridiculous but its true......

Not exactly true. What it is doing is decoding from mp3 or whatever codec you are using then re-encoding on the fly to A2DP to broadcast to the headset. So simultaneous decoding/recoding is pretty intensive. Don't know whether anyone has looked into it but I would be trying to use lower bitrate music files, preferably in an easy to decode format. DOn't know if the Hermes is optimised for any particular codec but I would choose .wma as a default. You can also change various settings in the registry to try and improve the quality of the A2DP audio stream.

Thanks for the reply

I have followed your advice wma. is working a bit better still not the same as with wires but hey !

Btw you mentioned changind settings in the registry?...under bluetooth settings? or elsewhere?

cheers

G

I recently got a DASH with T-Mobile, and I'm using an old Motorola 810 BT earpiece. No problem taking calls, but when I play music through media player, it comes out through the speaker, not the headset.

TMobile tech support has no idea why, and I can't find any settings to change related to this. Anyone have any thoughts?

IIRC that is because you are playing an mp4 (aac) coded file. This is only supported in the hardware, which means it plays out through the speaker. Only software decoded files (mp3, .wma) can be played out through the headset. No way round it other than to recode your music files, AFAIK.

Might be wrong though.

Edited by Dr Who

Double check me here but all of us that are suffering from the intermittant break are on VarioII's?

If so then can anyone tell me what this file does \Extended_ROM\ST_Her_BT_FIR_Param612.CAB? located in Exteneded ROM and has BT in the title, all the other langauge versions for VarioII has a file called \Extended_ROM\P_BT_EarphonesList.CAB.

Yet it appears that all the other roms from different brands don't have anything like those above in their extended roms. So if it's only us Vario users could this be the offending problem?

*waiting for another brand user to blow my theory out of the water :)*

Guest MikeWard1701

Hi folks, looking for a good bluetooth monoor stereo headset but not sure what to go for.

My main priorities are size and style, dont want aything that looks too big an obnocious, also dont want anything with dozens of LEDs making me look like the bionic man or a xmas tree at night. Weight isnt that much of an issue.

Can you pair 2 headsets to the Vario II at the same time?

Mike

Guest MikeWard1701

Just discovered these little beauties...

Nextlink INVISIO Q7 Bluetooth Headset

http://www.nextlink.se/Templates/Article0....14-f8b7e9a35921

Nextlink INVISIO S20 Bluetooth Stereo Headset

http://www.nextlink.se/Templates/Article0....bc-8bf36e5d6a00

Nextlink Bluespoon AX2 Bluetooth Headset

http://www.nextlink.se/Templates/Article0....f6-415153dd53ce

Would love the INVISIO Q7 but nowhere seems to be selling it :) so might have to settle for the Bluespoon AX2.

Mike

Guest spv_user
what with the new funky stereo bluetooth function on the m3100, im tempted to buy some wireless headphones but i was wondering if anyone has had any experience of them in the past?

my initial concern is that the batterylife would drop dramatically while playing mp3s over bluetooth, but what about the sound quality?

also, i've only seen a few stereo bluetooth headsets, and they all look a bit bulky.

any comments?

I have now received my bluetooth headset/link 3.5 jack adapter works well the sound quality is perfect i must say!

This is it:

809034714.jpg

The only let down is there is no voice command calling only the ability to answer calls but a small price!

I bought from TIMEKEEPERS (ebay) www.timekeepersint.com £31.95GBP inc tax and del

• 2 weeks later...
Guest $!ckbh0y
what with the new funky stereo bluetooth function on the m3100, im tempted to buy some wireless headphones but i was wondering if anyone has had any experience of them in the past?

my initial concern is that the batterylife would drop dramatically while playing mp3s over bluetooth, but what about the sound quality?

also, i've only seen a few stereo bluetooth headsets, and they all look a bit bulky.

any comments?

I've played with the Sony Ericsson HBH-DS970 stereo bluetooth headset and found the sound to be excellent. if you go to the product page, you can see which phones it's been tested with from other manufactures. The SPV M3100 isn't listed, but I've found that things like that often work with other devices anyway.

You could probably go and try it out in a phone shop that stocks it... I found one in the new Sony Ericsson store in London - Kensington High Street (if you're down that neck of the woods!).

Battery life and sound quality are fantastic.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest llch_81
I am considering buying the Itech S35 clip for my Vario 2.

Does anyone know if you can voice dial with it?

Thanks.

you can! it works! yes it works! yes!! i bought it and plugged in my Sony MDR-EX90LP earphones.. GOOD! :) using TCPMP

Guest AndrewH13
I've played with the Sony Ericsson HBH-DS970 stereo bluetooth headset and found the sound to be excellent. if you go to the product page, you can see which phones it's been tested with from other manufactures. The SPV M3100 isn't listed, but I've found that things like that often work with other devices anyway.

You could probably go and try it out in a phone shop that stocks it... I found one in the new Sony Ericsson store in London - Kensington High Street (if you're down that neck of the woods!).

Battery life and sound quality are fantastic.

Anyone tried the Sony DS970 with a TYTN / VarioII? Visited a Sony Shop bit they only had dearer Sony #10 and #20 models and they wouldnt let me try them with the Vario anyway.