Orange M3100 - Currently Out of Stock

Guest dodgybob

Guest elhornet
Seriously, we have NOTHING like that in Australia. They're all just as expensive as the other, and no carriers really stock any of these sort of devices except for Telstra, who are the scummiest and most expensive of them all... I'm seriously considering setting up VoIP and a robotic arm so I can have a phone over in the UK, control it from here, and make phonecalls and whatever else at all these cheap rates :D

You're way better off buying one on UK eBay and then putting it on one of those $60 vodaphone prepaid plans where they give you $400 credit or whatever.

I didn't see any smartphones in Telstra shops, or Vodaphone, or Strathfield etc. I think Blackberries might be used around the place tho?

Guest ian_dazookeeper

when i orded mine tonight, the guy on the phone told me i should have my phone sooner rather than later, and he would think it will happen before srpt 3rd, no idea how accurate that is

What I've just heard from OCS is that they have approx. 450 outstanding orders (!) at the moment but they are expecting a THOUSAND units this weekend. The woman I've spoken to has sorted me a cracking deal (see best Orange deal thread, page 3) so hopefully I can trust her :D

Guest StGeorge

THERE IS STOCK!!!

Well there was at 9.30 this morning but I am only able to post this now as only just back to the office! What I need is a 3100 and unlimted data package :D

A word of warning to anyone on the waiting list, keep phoning O!!! I ordered mine yesterday afternoon and on the way to a meeting this morning decided to phone for an update..... the chap in OCS said the phone was back in stock and I could confirm my order now - he then put me through to retentions.

Retentions claimed the handset was out of stock and I would be called when it was back in stock. When I queried this I was put on hold for a couple of minutes and when she came back she confirmed there was stock and where would I like it sending :D

So, argued again about my tarrif and got free insurance and now the phone will be with me tomorrow 9am - 5pm, all meetings cancelled and working from home :D

Good luck all and keep hassling OCS - dont wait for the "Outbound Team"....

Ed

Guest concise

Definitely agree with not waiting for O to call. Just rang straight through to retentions after a couple of days wait - phone is in stock - confirmed my OWU bundle and phone is supposed to come tomorrow... :-)

Guest Sadlybrokeboy

Here's another Cherry popped! :D

I can confirm what StGeorge has said is correct!!

I've just called retentions and there does indeed now appear to be stock! :D

I called last Wednesday and apparently, the outbound team was up to that date today! :D

New toy tomorrow I hope! :D

So it's worth giving retentions a call!:D

Matt

Edited by Sadlybrokeboy

Guest crazyc
Here's another Cherry popped! :D

I can confirm what StGeorge has said is correct!!

I've just called retentions and there does indeed now appear to be stock! :D

I called last Wednesday and apparently, the outbound team was up to that date today! :D

New toy tomorrow I hope! :D

Matt

Me too! Hurrah.

Is there a quick & dirty way (like, freephone and direct!) to get through to Orange retentions without wading through the 150 stuff and then listening to freakin' Jack Johnson for another 45 minutes???!! :D

I'd like to try my luck on the "what's the stock situation and where am I on the backorder list" tack... :D

Thanks in advance (oh, and before anyone gets on my case, I did try a search for "Orange retentions phone number" - but didn't fancy trawling through the 55 pages of results :D )

Mark.

Guest gcarte
Is there a quick & dirty way (like, freephone and direct!) to get through to Orange retentions without wading through the 150 stuff and then listening to freakin' Jack Johnson for another 45 minutes???!! :D

I'd like to try my luck on the "what's the stock situation and where am I on the backorder list" tack... :D

Thanks in advance (oh, and before anyone gets on my case, I did try a search for "Orange retentions phone number" - but didn't fancy trawling through the 55 pages of results :D )

Mark.

dial 343 then option 1 from your Orange phone you will get through in about 2 min

dial 343 then option 1 from your Orange phone you will get through in about 2 min

Excellent...I'll give that a whirl :D

I was always under the impression that 343 was for the elitist few who were on Orange Premier, not for the mere mortals among us....

Mark.

Guest dodgybob

The "outbound calling team" got back to me this morning at around 9:45am. Mine should arrive tommorow (or more like next tuesday).

I have been phoning O from last friday bugging them to give me priority. The lady I spoke to yesterday confirmed that she had some in stock and tried to put my order through, but her boss told her that she couldn't and that I'd have to wait till "Outbound" phoned me.

After hearing about the Orange World Unlimited from Modaco posts I asked for it to be put on... and she did. I'm not sure wether she put on the OWUnlimited for

Guest ian_dazookeeper

just got off the phone from retentions and they are in stock and mine should be with me in the next 2 or three days :D

i love this site!!

Guest StGeorge
i love this site!!

You and me both! Been away for ages when I was looking into the 3100 after the article on coolsmartphone.com in the old "nice phone shame about the crap data prices" conundrum when I saw the unlimited data thread!!! Without that there is no way I would have upgraded!!!!

Just to rub salt in the wounds, Orange Outbound tream just called to tell me the phone was now in stock and did I want one..... wonder if that means I will now get 2 :D

Ed

just got off the phone from retentions and they are in stock and mine should be with me in the next 2 or three days :D

i love this site!!

you and me both mate - I've just been told exactly the same thing....roll on Monday...or Tuesday :D

Oh, and if that's not enough, a courier delivered a brand spanking new M5000 as a replacement for my old one which has been steadily dying...so, two new phones in three days...woo-hoo!!!!

Mark.

Guest Trancemaster

They're definitely in stock now. I called at 7:55am and was told to ring back after 8:30 when retentions would be open.

Called back and got told it was still out of stock. Got him to double check and he announced that they were in stock and that I DEFINITELY would have had a call today if I hadn't called first (yeah, right)

Didn't get the best deal it has to be said, but the phone is free so I'm not complaining. Not sure which "animal" it is, but:

150 mins

200 texts

Guest Confucious
He did however say that for the first two months you get 1Gb free. Anyone else heard of this?

You used to get 3 months - I did when I got my Universal last November. Just enough to get you hooked -you will need the unlimited dats - phone back and make sure you get it!

Guest techno57

I have been with Orange for 6 years, and after looknig on the net for the Orange SPV m3100, I came across some sites offering it for free! (http://www.buymobilephones.net/store/fulldetails-35050.ihtml?gclid=CLvY2Oyv_YYCFShYMAodQnbYKg) and (http://www.a1comms.co.uk/store/merchant.ihtml?pid=936&lastcatid=75&step=4&pn=Phones).

I phoned Orange yesterday and expressed my desire to leave (as I was not prepared to pay 149.99 for a device that on some sites are being offered for free), after 2 minutes they put me through to the upgrades department. I explained to the CSR that I thought it was unacceptable to be paying so much for something other sites offered for free (on selected tarrifs), he explained that the Orange SPV m3100 could be offered to me for a Price of

Guest natdeamer

I upgraded to a M3100 on the 16th of august.

Got the phone for free on my student 25.

But no one at orange is giving me a date when i will be recieving my phone. I just keep getting told that its on back order. No one will give me a date, or even an idea of week/month.

Also when i rang up to ask about it, and confirm details, they had me down as moving my tariff over to a dolphin package, when i said that i didnt want the dolphin package, i wanted it on my student package, but upgrade it to student 30. Which i eventually managed to sort out.

I want my phone!