THE BEST DEAL FROM ORANGE

Guest john.-h

Guest jimbouk

at 9 months, you could get away with it. You will probably have to pay either for the handset or for the upgrade - but if you dangle a new 18 month contract then its possible.

Guest I_P_Nicely
at 9 months, you could get away with it. You will probably have to pay either for the handset or for the upgrade - but if you dangle a new 18 month contract then its possible.

just got off the phone with O and i followed DodgyBobs method of telling them that another network is willing to pay out the rest of my contract and so i asked O what they could do for me and they said that they wouldnt be able to do anything till my contract was up or maybe even if im lucky perhaps something in the 11th month! I then just asked them at what point would i exactly reach 9months and how much the cancellation fee would be and they called my bluff and gave me all my details. :D

by the looks of it i dont think i ll be able to do an upgrade till January at the earliest. Bugger.

anyone got any advice that could perhaps cheer me up a little bit?

Guest I_P_Nicely

no i didnt, i dont particularly want to sign a contract for that long, i get bored rather easily (as you can tell i am 9 months in and i already want a new phone.)

but i just got the impression that they were very reluctant to deal with me at all.

Guest john.-h

well i tried today...........

spoke to retentions and cs and i thought how great they were. they said no to everything. i have ovp 200 price plan and with data and text and ins spend about 35-40 a month. i am in month 10 of my 12 month contract they said might be able to give me change of plan and said phone handset would be 149 then said 199. helpful ? anyone got any ideas, can wait till end of contract but if its like m5000 the handset will not drop in price especially if its popular

Edited by john.-h

Guest natdeamer

Upgrading to a student 30 package (currently on Studnet 25 with 3 months left).

I normally always stick within my inclusive minutes and texts.

Been offered the phone for free on the student 30, 18 month contract, with magic numbers.

But im just being told by orange, "your on the back order list someone will give you a call".

Ive been on the backorder list since the 21st august. Seems other people have rung up and upgraded after that, and got the phone before me.... which is confusing me.

But the people at orange GUARANTEE me that im on the list, and will deffinetely be getting the phone, and that some from outbound will call me

Guest natdeamer

yeah, ive been ringing them every day. Just going to keep trying, a couple of times a day. Lunch time + evening.

Some guy told me that 350 were due to arrive today, called back later, and apperently not.

And some guy was trying to tell me that when they come in, and they get tested, and if one is faulty or fails, they send the whole batch back?

I would get them to ask someone in their retentions department. I got my phone + tariff upgrade through retentions, once the phone arrived I found out about the Orange world unlimited bundle so I called up customer services to change my tariff to panther 45 with OWB, they put me through to upgrades who hadn't heard of it and suggested i call retentions who had heard of it and changed my tariff (I was still within the 7 day cancellation period). You can always point them to the OWB T & Cs online: www.orange.co.uk/ow1 but I would hurry as the offer is only availible until 1st sept. Also some people seem to have been able to get OWB on tariffs other than panther - I think this is a combination of luck and ignorance on the part of some of the retentions staff as the bundle is only meant for customers on panther and premier tariffs.

Thanks for the link Neil. I did speak to Retentions and they were unwilling to add the OWU bundle. The girl in Upgrades was willing to add it but couldn't find it on the system. I'll try Retentions again, but I don't think they'll give it to me, hence the need for me to show the Upgrades rep what to add to my account.

I'll give her the url of the link you gave. Thanks!

Guest eaglesrest

Can anyone who has actually got Orange World unlimited confirm how it appears online when viewing your account bundles?

I have had a battle with OCS trying to get this, and as I am within my 14 day new customer period was going to walk, to web and walk.

They finally said they were going to add it (for

how much for the handset

i got my phone for nothing

on the other hand iam tempted with the sony 990i when it comes out.

I am getting bored with the ppc started with (m1000, m2000 m5000) there no real leap in technology and you spend the rest of your life tweaking... and tweaking and more tweaking just to get the device upto standard..

Can anyone who has actually got Orange World unlimited confirm how it appears online when viewing your account bundles?

I have had a battle with OCS trying to get this, and as I am within my 14 day new customer period was going to walk, to web and walk.

They finally said they were going to add it (for

Edited by Zahid

Guest neil81
I spoke to a very helpful adviser in Upgrades again this morning and the only product she could find on the system that could be the OWU was Orange World Browsing. She tried adding it to my account, but got an error message saying it can't be added to Select 500 :D

My options are:

1) Select 500 on a 12 month contract (500 minutes/100 texts), and free 5 MB data bundle all for

Guest Steelercaz13

Hi all

This is my first post on here, but I've read this entire thread through, and have been agonising on other forums which phone to upgrade to on Orange - either the P990i or the SPV M3100. I think I'm leaning towards the M3100, and so hae avidy read this thread.

I just called Orange, without any actual intention of negotiating a deal, but just to find out when my contract ends - I already knew I was due an upgrade, as they called me a couple of times, but hadn't made my mind up on the phone so put them off. Anyway, she said "You can upgrade anytime now for free, your contract finishes on the 19th", which is great.

So I jiust asked what deals she could do on the M3100 - she said the best she could do was

Guest Steelercaz13

OK, so on further inspection the packages themselves are equal to the Dolphin 25 & 35 packages, which isn't great BUT they're throwing in a free phone/