WebIS update FlexMail 2007

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Confucious

Thanks for your help sonicr360

I know I should do backups and always tell everyone else to.

If they don't reply soon then I think a hard reset and start from scratch is in order.

Oh what fun we have!

Guest Confucious
Hang on, hang on peeps.

There is a way around this if you have uninstalled and the default hasn't reset or similar.

Install a decent explorer on the device (e.g. Resco), then rename tmail.exe to tmail.exe.old, and tmail.lnk to tmail.lnk.old (both in the \Windows directory), then soft reset.

P

Paul - you are a genius!

I have problems with Resco exploreer (long story, the code pdassi gave me doesn't work and resco won't support it and pdassi haven't replied to my email) but used AS to explore and find the files. I couldn't rename the .lnk file as it's in use or write protected but I renamed the exe and did a soft reset and I now have outlook back as my mail client.

I knew there was a reason i like Modaco :D

Thanks a lot for your help, I wasn't looking forward to a hard reset!

Now I can start clearing off all the stuff I can find for flexmail but I anm a happy man again :D

Guest Sonicr360
Paul - you are a genius!

I have problems with Resco exploreer (long story, the code pdassi gave me doesn't work and resco won't support it and pdassi haven't replied to my email) but used AS to explore and find the files. I couldn't rename the .lnk file as it's in use or write protected but I renamed the exe and did a soft reset and I now have outlook back as my mail client.

I knew there was a reason i like Modaco :D

Thanks a lot for your help, I wasn't looking forward to a hard reset!

Now I can start clearing off all the stuff I can find for flexmail but I anm a happy man again :D

You may also want to get a Registry Editor and remove WEBIS key :-)

Or I think SKTools clears out bad registry entries too (me thinks!)

Paul beat me too it - there is a forum on their site that talks about renaming tmail.exe, soft-reset, and then rename the shortcut and soft reset (providing the files are not in use!)

Fingers Crossed its all ok!

One Tip - make sure you get a good backup now :D

I know its easier said than done at times :D

Cheers

Simon

Guest Paul (MVP)
(long story, the code pdassi gave me doesn't work and resco won't support it and pdassi haven't replied to my email)

You do realise you get a free Resco Explorer reg code thru Plus right? :D

P

Guest Confucious

Paul, I'd just bought it when it became a benefit and had forgotten about that!

Have PM'd you for a code as Modaco is far more reliable than the people I bought it off!

Thanks again :D

Guest Sonicr360

Hi All

I know this thread may have died, but I wanted to advise you of something that may prove useful.

I have got Flexmail 2007 and I can confirm 100% that I am INDEED receiving Notifications!!

This has to be setup from FlexMail, AS WELL as within WM5.

But as I type, 15 emails are coming from a POP3 box and its definetely working 100% fine :-)

So, if I get FULL notifications for POP, then it has to work for Push!

Product seems to support this feature!

Simon

Guest Sonicr360

Hi

ACtually, I am not so sure - just uninstalled and went back to FlexMail 2006 and that also works!

You need to turn on notifications in the software and in WM5, but its there working away :D

Sorry to hear you had problems with the product, and I know it can put people off when it goes horribly wrong.

Also, whats more intersting is how FM2007 is so much faster than the 2006 version!

Again, good changes were made here.

Thanks anyhow

Simon

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.