Decertifying post AKU2 ROM on the SPV C600 !GUIDE!

Guest neilfenstein

Guest The Doctor
Could you explain how i can see "nbf"file , because i see only "exe" file that download from the ftp???

thanks

you willl have to download winRAR and install that and then right click on the exe you downloaded and extract the it to a folder.

you should see around 5 files but most importantly: nk.nbf

Phil

you willl have to download winRAR and install that and then right click on the exe you downloaded and extract the it to a folder.

you should see around 5 files but most importantly: nk.nbf

Phil

I DON'T KNOW,

I DO ALL OK , I CHANGE THE NK.NBF ,THAN I START TO UPDATE

ONLY EEROR MASSEGE :rolleyes:

WHAT WRONG I DO?

ANY HELP,PLESE

I DON'T KNOW,

I DO ALL OK , I CHANGE THE NK.NBF ,THAN I START TO UPDATE

ONLY EEROR MASSEGE :rolleyes:

WHAT WRONG I DO?

ANY HELP,PLESE

ALSO ABOUT MY C600 INFORMATION:

ROM: 2.0.14.0

OPERATOR VERSION: 11.2.1.8

RADIO VERSION: 4.1.13.19_02.37.01

Guest The Doctor
ALSO ABOUT MY C600 INFORMATION:

ROM: 2.0.14.0

OPERATOR VERSION: 11.2.1.8

RADIO VERSION: 4.1.13.19_02.37.01

Ok when modifying th nbf try the following:

Model ID: SPV_C600

Image Version: 12.2.1.5

Language: [Leave this blank]

Secondary Version: 3.0.6.0

Operator: [Leave this blank]

Phil

Ok when modifying th nbf try the following:

Language: [Leave this blank]

Operator: [Leave this blank]

Phil

ERROR 294 INVALID VENDER ID :rolleyes:

ERROR 294 INVALID VENDER ID :rolleyes:

AFTER ALL I HAVE FLASHED IT WITH i-mate_SP5_NRE_2.5.333.1

ALL WAS OK. BUT NOW I SEE ONLY BOOT SCREEN. I TRIED TO HARDRESET IT THE SAME RESULT.

ONLY BOOT SCREEN :(

S.O.S

AFTER ALL I HAVE FLASHED IT WITH i-mate_SP5_NRE_2.5.333.1

ALL WAS OK. BUT NOW I SEE ONLY BOOT SCREEN. I TRIED TO HARDRESET IT THE SAME RESULT.

ONLY BOOT SCREEN :rolleyes:

S.O.S

I TRIED MANY TIMES WITH SEVERAL FLASHES:

i-mate_SP5_WWE_2.5.331.2

i-mate_SP5_NRE_2.5.333.1

MODEL ID: SPV_C600

IMAGE VERION: 12.2.1.5

LANGUEGE: ENGLISH

SECONDARY VERSION : 3.0.6.0

OPERATOR: ORG_0401

ALL THE SAME --- BOOT SCREEN (THREE COLOR). :(

WHAT WRONG???

FINALY THE PROBLEM(BOOT SCREEN) WAS SOLVED BY FLASHING WITH ORIGINAL ORANGE FILE.BUT I STILL NEED HELP FOR DOWNGRADE MY ORANGE SPV C600,BECAUSE I NEED TO UNLOCK IT.

ANY HELP,PLEASE.

THANKS

Once for all!!

If you have orange 2.0.14.0:

The only way to unlock it is to get app from orangepartners.com

There is no other way!!

To change CID to SuperCID you need app from orangepartners.com

Changing .nbf file will always put your phone into 3 stripes mode.

The only way to downgrade your phone is to get SuperCID. When you have SuperCID you can always change, downgrade your rom.

Mancom

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kaenderr

I have just bought a SPV c600. The ROM version is 1.0.9.0, to my understanding this is not AKU2.

So, I could easily unlock the phone and remove the SIM lock. I have not yet changed the CID to a superCID.

If I do apply the superCID and afterwards flash the AKU2 will I find myself in the position of sending a request form to Orange for unlocking the phone? I understand that flashing the imate ROM is to enable unlocking and superCID, but if I can do them with the original ROM (I have not yet superCID, since I did not need it) will I need to email orange?

Are there any stability improvements in AKU2 or other nice reliability changes, since I do not need the push email functionality? If not, I see no reason to go for AKU2.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest ianbennett

Is it possible to stop this process after loading the SP5 ROM, ie after step 5?

I have a possibility to get hold of a 'hand-me-down' C600, and as I am not an Orange customer I am not interested in any Orange-specific functions or the Orange home screen - I just want a SIM-unlocked and application-unlocked smartphone with an AKU2 ROM (for Exchange push email).

Thanks,

Ian

Edited by ianbennett

• 2 months later...

i've got a small question:

the patched modaco orange rom is based on orange's 2.0.6.0 version.

is there any way to make another patched rom with the same functionality as modaco's but based on orange's 2.0.14.0 version?

• 2 months later...
Guest yaro12
FINALY THE PROBLEM(BOOT SCREEN) WAS SOLVED BY FLASHING WITH ORIGINAL ORANGE FILE.BUT I STILL NEED HELP FOR DOWNGRADE MY ORANGE SPV C600,BECAUSE I NEED TO UNLOCK IT.

ANY HELP,PLEASE.

THANKS

How ?

Help!

Now I can't do anything on my phone ;) :D

Only 3 colors on start

PLEASE Help!

• 2 months later...
Guest colincliff
i've got a small question:

the patched modaco orange rom is based on orange's 2.0.6.0 version.

is there any way to make another patched rom with the same functionality as modaco's but based on orange's 2.0.14.0 version?

This is exactly what i need, i am trying to use a brand new orange sim on a imate sp5. The new sim does not allow me to send/recieve text messages as there is some sort of compatibility problem with new orange sims.

The only way it will work is if i install the 2.0.14.0 Orange Rom

A patched version of this Rom would be excellent! :rolleyes:

• 5 months later...
Guest thodges
turn the phone off

then hold the camera button and plug in the usb port

then install the imate rom as directed in the first post, you may however need to change your nbf header data to something like:

Language: English

Operator: ORG_0401

then run the update utility as described in the original post.

should work fine.

Phil

[EDIT: Or if you have the orange rom try the attached registry editor. its been tweaked slightly ;)]

I have a C 600 which is locked to Orange France. I have tried everything as per the original post herein-above, and also the chnages as suggested in the last post, and I get the same result. When I start the Rom Update, I get the coloured bands on the phone, but then I get the following error message on my PC:-

"ERROR (294) INVALID VENDOR ID"

One clarification I need with regard to the NBF file. In the Rom Update, it is called NK.NBF and the instructions are to rename it to NB2.NBF and then delete the original file and rename again to NB.NBF. However, the original file is NK.NBF not NB.NBF, so which is correct ? In whatever regard, I tried both names and got the same error message both times.

I downloaded Rom Update "i-mate_SP5_NRE_2.5.333.1", that seems to be the latest, although I was unclear what the "NRE" pertains to, as there are also other versions listed with different initials.

My current Rom Version is 2.0.11.0 and my Operator Version is 11.2.22.5. As mentioned already, my phone is locked to Orange France.

Any suggestions or assistance would be much appreciated.

Thanks in anticipation.

This worked for me with AKU2 on SPV c600. I now have the i-mate rom on my phone, and the phone is unlocked. But there is still a problem. I put my O2 pay as you go sim in the phone and it just says "Searching ... " and doesn't find the network.

Anyone know why?

Someone please help... I have the really cool i-mate rom on my phone now and I've checked the IMEI and its not blocked, and I'ce checked the phone with Checklock.exe and it's not locked, yet I still get this blasted "Searching ..." message with whatever sim card I put in there. Does anybody please know how to fix this?

• 1 month later...

Hi there

Just like to say what a fantastic guide and thankyou, I tried everything to try and unlock my spv c600 but there was no way it would let me install the reg edit, but following this guide I now have i-mate rom on my phone and the phone is unlocked with a virgin sim in it.

So just like to say thanks for posting this fantastic guide.

Fermec

just a couple of things.

Step 5, where is the MFG config program to run the cid tool

Step 6, where can I get a patched C600 orange Rom the link on the guide does not work for me, I have tried searching but had no luck.

Cheers

Fermec

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...