TMobile CS denied knowledge of screen alignment issue.

Guest randomelements

4 in just over a week? I'll just give the people at the guiness book of records a quick ring... if this damn phone lets me! :rolleyes:

BTW the battery level went to 80% about 15 mins ago!!

Blimey, maybe the HT635 build will be better????

Guest richard_d
Blimey, maybe the HT635 build will be better????

Where on the device is the serial number? Touch wood - i bought mine on the 25th Aug and haven't had any real problems...

Richard

Guest noodles-21
Where on the device is the serial number? Touch wood - i bought mine on the 25th Aug and haven't had any real problems...

Richard

You'll find it on the box if you still have it?

Guest richard_d
The only place that it is on the device is under the battery.

Thanks - so far it's a problem free 632 - I just hop if it's going to develop problems it does it within the next couple of days as the 28 days must be coming up...

Richard

Thanks - so far it's a problem free 632 - I just hop if it's going to develop problems it does it within the next couple of days as the 28 days must be coming up...

Richard

Same for me. Counting down to self-destruct mode to implement.........

Guest RossDargan
I have just called to report mine as faulty, ill let you know which serial I get (got 632) now.

Got a 634... battery life appear about the same for me - and screen problem appears fixed - will find out in time though!

Guest noodles-21

I'll be collecting my 3rd vario 2 this afternoon, I hope it's a case of 3rd time lucky! i'll keep you updated.

The CS at T-mobile told me that there's a 24 month warrenty on the phone and 6 month on the battery.

Guest richard_d
I'll be collecting my 3rd vario 2 this afternoon, I hope it's a case of 3rd time lucky! i'll keep you updated.

The CS at T-mobile told me that there's a 24 month warrenty on the phone and 6 month on the battery.

24 month is nice to hear - I'd assumed it was 12.

Out of interest are those who've been having the screen alignment issue been charging with the charger rather than via USB to the PC. As the problem seems related to overheating I wondered whether there was a connection? I've not had need to use the charger and not had problems...

Richard

24 month is nice to hear - I'd assumed it was 12.

Out of interest are those who've been having the screen alignment issue been charging with the charger rather than via USB to the PC. As the problem seems related to overheating I wondered whether there was a connection? I've not had need to use the charger and not had problems...

Richard

My alignment problem originally occured when it was being used whilst charging, and I thought heat might have been an issue. However, today, the unit was cool (plugged into the charger) and I still got the problem, so not so sure now.

Guest noodles-21

I've just got back with my 3rd vario 2, it's from the HT634 batch again... I'll let you know how I go on with it in the coming days and weeks.

@ richard_d

I remember using both the wall charger and the usb charger, before the alignment problem began.

got a 632 serial, whats the problem mine seems fine but getting worried thinking the screens going to go mad any minute

You, me and richard_d all seem to be fine on the 632 handsets so heres hopeing that they stay good. Since this problem has afflicted all builds from 628-634 (at least) I wonder if the problem is on the supply side?

Guest randomelements

My wife's 632 is absolutely fine as well and we got them both at exactly the same time.

Definitely looks like a bit of a lottery.

Edited by randomelements

632 that started showing some screen problems on Sunday (about 2 weeks old) - screen alignment was out on left hand side - do a re-align screen which would work for about half an hour. Did a hard reset and it seems to have fixed itself. I had been playing about with the left hand side of the screen protector on Sunday morning before the problem came up - don't know if this is related. It's been fine since the hard reset.

Bit of a stab in the dark this one, but has everyone that has the alignment issue installed TCPMP?

I hadnt had the alignment issue...read this post and thought thank god...then installed TCPMP....now I have it!

Dont know if its just coincidence though. The installation did something funny with the screen resolution as part of the install (cant remember what now, but I was prompted to do so)

Also - Since removing the screen protector, I haven't experienced any problems....yet!

Bit of a stab in the dark this one, but has everyone that has the alignment issue installed TCPMP?

I hadnt had the alignment issue...read this post and thought thank god...then installed TCPMP....now I have it!

Dont know if its just coincidence though. The installation did something funny with the screen resolution as part of the install (cant remember what now, but I was prompted to do so)

Also - Since removing the screen protector, I haven't experienced any problems....yet!

Well I hadnt installed TCPMP on my 634 and I was getting the problem - mainly the far right of the screen with the scroller.

I just received my replacement this morning and its a 635 serial - so lets see how this one goes. Will keep you informed.

Well I hadnt installed TCPMP on my 634 and I was getting the problem - mainly the far right of the screen with the scroller.

I just received my replacement this morning and its a 635 serial - so lets see how this one goes. Will keep you informed.

That'll be great, lets hope 634 is ok. Just been playing with this and your right it is mainly along the right, although I have experianced problems with the keypad (on screen) as well. The way to resolve it temporarily is...

Grab hold of the slider bar along the right (I did it in the contacts view)

Keep hold of it and exhurt some pressure and move it up and down a few times. This works for me and screen alignment is ok for a while again.

Does this work for anyone else?

Guest noodles-21

UPDATE: the battery in the replacement is great, it's only dropped 10% since it came off charge at 3pm yesterday (the 20th). And I feel no heat at all, I just hope the alignment problem and the dropping of calls doesn't return. :(

I have to say though, that the vario 2 is a great little bit of kit, barring the teething problems. I just love it! :rolleyes:

I have a 635 since monday. only problem is battery goes quickly but then I am using the net a lot.

so no screen alignment issues yet...fingers crossed it is ok. I don't use a screen protector as I found wgen I put it on it made the screen much less crisp.

Guest richard_d
I have a 635 since monday. only problem is battery goes quickly but then I am using the net a lot.

so no screen alignment issues yet...fingers crossed it is ok. I don't use a screen protector as I found wgen I put it on it made the screen much less crisp.

If you've only tried the suplied screen protector, don't assume all screen protectors have the same effect - the better ones are essentially invicible - having said that - there are users who are happy to do without one. Your battery life may improve with use - but different users seem to get very different life out of them.

IUsing or not using a screen protector has no relationship to the alignment problem.

Richard

Guest noodles-21

I think a screen protector is a must have! The one that is packaged with the vario 2's are pretty thick and look like they have a texture to them, though they can look good if applied correctly.

I've bought some spares on ebay from >>this guy<<, I haven't used any of them yet, but they are a lot thinner and clearer and look like they would be very hard to detect.

Guest richard_d
I think a screen protector is a must have! The one that is packaged with the vario 2's are pretty thick and look like they have a texture to them, though they can look good if applied correctly.

I've bought some spares on ebay from >>this guy<<, I haven't used any of them yet, but they are a lot thinner and clearer and look like they would be very hard to detect.

Tried them - vast improvement on the supplied one, a little too easy to crease when applying but at that price you can afford to waste a couple. I ended up with Martin Fields and don't regret the extra at all -it is essentially invisible, even with the screen off.

But we're getting off subject again :rolleyes: Screen protectors don't effect alignment.

Richard