TMobile CS denied knowledge of screen alignment issue.

Guest randomelements

It was a very hot day yesterday and my Vario II started exhibiting the problem, it was a nightmare as everytime you tried to press ok in the top right hand corner it would select the clock! I have a 632 model and went into the local T-Mobile shop today to swap it. The shop knew nothing about it but agreed to swap it out next week when they get new stocks (apparently I am one day over my 28 days but thats ok). Will report back what the new model is.

Dave

Guest noodles-21
It was a very hot day yesterday and my Vario II started exhibiting the problem, it was a nightmare as everytime you tried to press ok in the top right hand corner it would select the clock! I have a 632 model and went into the local T-Mobile shop today to swap it. The shop knew nothing about it but agreed to swap it out next week when they get new stocks (apparently I am one day over my 28 days but thats ok). Will report back what the new model is.

Dave

Thats sad to hear artex :rolleyes: if you don't want to wait until next week, they should let you swap it at another store that has plenty in stock. Thats what I did, i've had 3 vario 2's from 3 different t-mobile stores.

Guest magic_alex

well I've had my replacement 634 for a fortnight after having the alignment issue and also dodgy wifi and I'm back to square on - just had to realign the screen twice in the last hour & my wifi is dropping its connection all the time. not impressed

ive got a 632 vario II have had it about 2 months and have not had any of the afore mentioned problems in this post. No screen alignment or battery or overheating or anything. odd how some have them and some dont

JEREMY

ive got a 632 vario II have had it about 2 months and have not had any of the afore mentioned problems in this post. No screen alignment or battery or overheating or anything. odd how some have them and some dont

JEREMY

On a HT631 Orange M3100 issue here, and no problems at all with reception, screen alignment, sliding mechanism, camera.

Every function used a lot particularly MSN and Internet.

I'm just on my second Vario II (HT635) and its just started to exhibit the this issue, and it seems worse than the first unit I had (i have to point even further away from the object I want to select/move).

Has anyone had any discussion with T-Mob where they recognise this as a known hardware fault?

I'm just out of the 28 day period (assuming its from the contract start date for all units?) so they will probably want to send this off for repair. Anyone else in the same situation?

PaulB

I'm just on my second Vario II (HT635) and its just started to exhibit the this issue, and it seems worse than the first unit I had (i have to point even further away from the object I want to select/move).

Has anyone had any discussion with T-Mob where they recognise this as a known hardware fault?

I'm just out of the 28 day period (assuming its from the contract start date for all units?) so they will probably want to send this off for repair. Anyone else in the same situation?

PaulB

As I suspected they want me to drop it into a T-Mob shop for sending for repair. This is going to take 5-7 working days, doh!

I'm a bit confused though as the CS said they don't know of any alignment hardware issue, so I'm thinking what are they gonna repair then? They should try calling HTC who seem to be aware of it.

PaulB

the vario 2 does grow on you after you see a real one,so I will probably get one soon ,as my M3100 was bought off ebay so harder to replace or repair,freezing seems my only problem and sometimes on boot up I get a scrambled blue blurr between the orange and windows mobile boot screens,and pauls security cab screws up the phone as well , I had a picture on my screen which after installing made the whole colour scheme change to a blue background with a orange top bar,the phone over all is a disapointment also with the loading times of icons on the games menu,my only tip is if there is something you are not happy with then take the phone back quickly

Guest randomelements
They should try calling HTC who seem to be aware of it.

PaulB

When I spoke to HTC a while ago they said they had advised the operators of the problem so either T-Mobs lines of communication aren't working properly or they're playing dumb.

I think T-Mob don't want to raise their heads on this one. Unless every phone has the problem they are not going to do anything, but reading the forums it would appear enough people seem to be getting the problem. They should be rejecting all new units they receive in from HTC until the issue is solved, but they are just not gonna do that.

Overall I love this phone, and I could live with the alignment problem if I really had to, so sending it for repair is not gonna hurt too much.

I should get a replacement phone for the week or so, but I can bet it's gonna be a house brick.

PaulB.

Guest bydandie

PaulB

Mate this 28-period is illegal. Check the Sale and supply of goods to consumers regulations 2002. This updates the Sales of goods and services act 1982 and gives you (ie The buyer) the choice of a repair or replacement within the first six months of purchase. Voda tried (And failed) to argue theat point with me. I now have a replacement v1605. The only way you can't choose a replacement is if it's cheaper to reapir it. The cost of a replacement handset is not relevant as T-Mobile, as all UK operators, have factored in a subsidy into your contract. Unless they refund the subsidy, they can only factor in the handest cost you paid.

Mate this 28-period is illegal. Check the Sale and supply of goods to consumers regulations 2002. This updates the Sales of goods and services act 1982 and gives you (ie The buyer) the choice of a repair or replacement within the first six months of purchase. Voda tried (And failed) to argue theat point with me. I now have a replacement v1605. The only way you can't choose a replacement is if it's cheaper to reapir it. The cost of a replacement handset is not relevant as T-Mobile, as all UK operators, have factored in a subsidy into your contract. Unless they refund the subsidy, they can only factor in the handest cost you paid.

Thanks, bydandie.

I'm not sure that I actually want another replacement unit as T-Mob obviously have'nt got the problem sorted (or are in denial or whatever) so I could end up with another duffer.

My only concern about sending it off for repair is that they actually don't fix it and just send it back saying that they can't find anything wrong with it. Has anyone else out there sent their Vario II off for repair and what was the outcome?

PaulB

the vario 2 does grow on you after you see a real one,so I will probably get one soon ,as my M3100 was bought off ebay so harder to replace or repair,freezing seems my only problem and sometimes on boot up I get a scrambled blue blurr between the orange and windows mobile boot screens,and pauls security cab screws up the phone as well , I had a picture on my screen which after installing made the whole colour scheme change to a blue background with a orange top bar,the phone over all is a disapointment also with the loading times of icons on the games menu,my only tip is if there is something you are not happy with then take the phone back quickly

Can you not send your 3100 to HTC to fix Peekie? What do you mean slow icon loading times on games menu? Do you mean when opening the games folder in the program menu that the icons take a long time to appear?

Guest bydandie
Thanks, bydandie.

I'm not sure that I actually want another replacement unit as T-Mob obviously have'nt got the problem sorted (or are in denial or whatever) so I could end up with another duffer.

My only concern about sending it off for repair is that they actually don't fix it and just send it back saying that they can't find anything wrong with it. Has anyone else out there sent their Vario II off for repair and what was the outcome?

PaulB

Speak to HTC, get a call reference from them and then refer that to T-Mobile if you have issues.

i noticed screen alignment problems from the first day(3 days after it first came out)...but it was slight, and solved by realignment..now the problem is worse...its a nag...i mean as some people have mentioned, one can live with it, especially given that its a nice machine...but i feel let down by this... i m thinking whats the cause of this problem, hardware? or software? coz the problem resolves temporarily after realignment or soft resets...

so, whats the official line on this, and is it safe to approach T mob with this problem?(without being asked hundreds of questions, being asked to return it, and being sent the same , unrepaired phone, if not a worse piece?)

:rolleyes:

i noticed screen alignment problems from the first day(3 days after it first came out)...but it was slight, and solved by realignment..now the problem is worse...its a nag...i mean as some people have mentioned, one can live with it, especially given that its a nice machine...but i feel let down by this... i m thinking whats the cause of this problem, hardware? or software? coz the problem resolves temporarily after realignment or soft resets...

so, whats the official line on this, and is it safe to approach T mob with this problem?(without being asked hundreds of questions, being asked to return it, and being sent the same , unrepaired phone, if not a worse piece?)

:rolleyes:

This is the reply I received yesterday from T-Mob. I asked them if I send my unit back for repair what are they gonna fix if they don't recognise this as a hardware issue. Non-committal on the hardware issue but at least they have said they will replace again if it can't be fixed:

Hi Paul

Thanks for your email about the problem with your Vario II and having it sent for repair.

I've spoken to someone from the repairs department, they've advised me that there's been a few issues with some of the Vario II handsets regarding the screen alignment.

However it's not been determined whether the problem is with the hardware or software.

As this problem hasn't been highlighted, then not all staff at T-Mobile are aware of the problems.

I was also advised that the best option is to have the phone repaired, regardless of what the problem is.

If the phone is unable to be repaired, then a new handset will be offered in exchange to the damaged handset.

If the problem happens to be a hardware fault, then a more up-to-date hardware will be installed. This may even cause some of the Vario II handsets to be recalled if this happens to be an ongoing issue.

Thanks again for taking the time to email me and I'm sure your phone will be up and running again soon.

If you've any further questions Paul, please reply to this email and I'll be happy to help.

Kind Regards

David M

Customer Services Email Team

T-Mobile

PaulB

On my second vario now had the 632 didnt show problems till about 3.5 weeks later just a couple of days short of the 28 days.

I now have a 634 I wonder how long that will last be for the problem starts again........ :rolleyes:

Why dont we all send emails to t-mobile all of us that have had problems am sure they would do something, get other forums involved then maybe we can get some better info back.

just a thougth !

Well, I reported the fault to t-mobile on Wednesday after getting fed up with the problem and they said contact the store I bought it from. The store doesn't have stock and said if they don't get stock within then next 5 days they will send it off for repair. T-mobile won't replace it directly even though it's now out of the 28 day period so just gotta hope that the store gets stock as don't want to be without the phone for up to 2 weeks.

Edited by nsayani

Guest marisa4755

This fault appeared on my machine for the first time after about 6 weeks! And I thought I was one of the lucky ones.

I rang and reported it via T-mobile CS and they couldn't have been more helpful.

After the usual pressing of numbers to get to reporting faulty phones and a short conversation I was passed to a technical person, who only asked a few basic questions like had I tried the re-aligment, hard reset etc asked for my IMEI number and then passed me onto another department who are couriering out a new one on Tuesday.

They did at first suggest the taking it to a store for repair option, but I said I would rather have a replacement.

I can honestly say that this is the best CS service for mobile phone I have ever encountered.

Normally everyone is terribly pleasant and helpful while you are buying the phone, and then, it all deteriorates, I can really recommend T-mob. If you speak to someone who doesn't know something, they go and find out, or pass you on to someone who does. Outstanding.

As to the replacement, I said to the last person I spoke to that I was worried the new one would still have the problem, but she said she thought they had 'changed something' for the 'new ones'. She didn't know exactly what.

Another curiosity is that they only want the handset back, I am to keep everything else, including the battery and obviously the sim card, the only thing coming out will be the handset.

So, I am wondering whether these are in fact modified handsets. Anyway, I will let you know if the new one feels/looks/sounds any different.

Guest marisa4755

Just before this happened for the first time after totally trouble free operation for weeks, I had just installed a large app to main memory.

I uninstalled this and another large app and reinstalled to sd card. The problem has not reappeared since.

Anyone else experience this?

thanks

This fault appeared on my machine for the first time after about 6 weeks! And I thought I was one of the lucky ones.

I rang and reported it via T-mobile CS and they couldn't have been more helpful.

After the usual pressing of numbers to get to reporting faulty phones and a short conversation I was passed to a technical person, who only asked a few basic questions like had I tried the re-aligment, hard reset etc asked for my IMEI number and then passed me onto another department who are couriering out a new one on Tuesday.

They did at first suggest the taking it to a store for repair option, but I said I would rather have a replacement.

I can honestly say that this is the best CS service for mobile phone I have ever encountered.

Normally everyone is terribly pleasant and helpful while you are buying the phone, and then, it all deteriorates, I can really recommend T-mob. If you speak to someone who doesn't know something, they go and find out, or pass you on to someone who does. Outstanding.

As to the replacement, I said to the last person I spoke to that I was worried the new one would still have the problem, but she said she thought they had 'changed something' for the 'new ones'. She didn't know exactly what.

Another curiosity is that they only want the handset back, I am to keep everything else, including the battery and obviously the sim card, the only thing coming out will be the handset.

So, I am wondering whether these are in fact modified handsets. Anyway, I will let you know if the new one feels/looks/sounds any different.

Unfortunately. you'll be getting a reconditioned handset and not a new one.

Also, HTC has already admitted that this is a hardware fault, so I don't know why everyone keeps going on about software etc.

Guest richard_d

Also, HTC has already admitted that this is a hardware fault, so I don't know why everyone keeps going on about software etc.

AFAIK The problem is the gasket around the screen. heaat exacerbates the problem. So far my 632 has been fine.

Can you not send your 3100 to HTC to fix Peekie? What do you mean slow icon loading times on games menu? Do you mean when opening the games folder in the program menu that the icons take a long time to appear?

i will if needed have to send it to htc as i did not get it direct from orange , the loading time problem is only in the games folder i have 15 games and the phone hangs for about 15 seconds before the icons appear , which is strange as the main menu has over 20 icons and it loads straight away, had the same problem on the old SPV M3000 ( so its a wm5 problem , and the main reason i bought the m3100 for the faster processsor ) , some games installed on the sd card take longer to load the icons, this could be also due to them not being 100% wm5 compatible , did a test after a hard reset the games that were wm5 compatible worked and the folder loaded fast but added a few older games and the very slow loading returned guess its down to our newer phones not liking older games , did the same on my M3000 and the same thing happens :rolleyes: as for the screen problem no problems yet :(

Guest marisa4755

On xda developers site people have reported that after installing a cingular rom on their devices, the problem has vanished.

This would indicate software, but then it's early days, maybe the problem will recurr a couple of weeks after they install the new rom.

So, do you think I should accept the reconditioned set, or stick with the one I have?

Guest digitalchic

Hey,

i have just received what i think is one of the first of the latest batch of phones. Its the Vario 2 with CoPilot Bundled, and my phone has a serial number of HTC637... though they did stick a barcode label over that which needed to be peeled backl carefully.

Ill keep you guys updated if i get any problems with alignment on this one. But either way, i guess there is yet another version of this phone available in just a short space of time.

I wonder if that is so that it scans out of the hub as a copilot device.

Emma xx