CamerAware is now available!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest bydandie
It's not something I planned, but it's very easy indeed to do with the custom skin engine. Good suggestion tho!

Again, very easy to do.... you just need to edit an XML file and tweak a GIF to suit your requirements.

I'll assume you mean something like this? :)

P

post-1-1159351097_thumb.gif

I've tried this, and I'm getting null exception errors when trying to apply the XML file on a v1605. Any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest gollyman

Hi. Apologies if this is in the wrong forum. Just wanted to check on a change of phone ....

Have already got Cameraware and have purchased it for my T-mobile compact III .... Am changing phones and number to an O2 Orbit .... Am I OK just installing and using my original serial number and registration number ??

Great app. Intend on letting it save my license i the summer.. I just cant drive a GSX 750 slowly :-)

Many thanks. Will

Guest gollyman

Hi. Apologies if this is in the wrong forum. Just wanted to check on a change of phone ....

Have already got Cameraware and have purchased it for my T-mobile compact III .... Am changing phones and number to an O2 Orbit .... Am I OK just installing and using my original serial number and registration number ??

Great app. Intend on letting it save my license i the summer.. I just cant drive a GSX 750 slowly :-)

Many thanks. Will

Guest gollyman

Many thanks. Will

• 2 months later...
Guest lowbug

Does / Can CamerAware support the THBury car kits? www.iplug.de offer a fantasic plugin to allow the HP range of phones (HW 6910-6915-69xx ) etc function so when a call is made, recieved etc it is correctly routed via the thb bury kit. ( THBury make the OEM car kits for Audi / VW )

The iplug plugin is completly transparant and is free download, the best thing is camerAware can talk (i.e. announce through the car kit ) because iplug has a API.

Software such as Navigon use this API with great sucess, It's a good link up as the HP Hw series has built in GPS..

IPLUG can be found here>>> www.iplug.de look for carkitmode

THB can be found here>>>> http://www.bury.com/technologies/GB/hands-...ke&Talk/HP/

I will happily be a guinea pig if required! :rolleyes:

Guest Paul (MVP)

Hmm, well i've had a look at the site, but I don't really see any details on how the API is used or anything?

I'm happy to integrate if it's straightforward and I can see how it's done :rolleyes:

P

Guest lowbug
Hmm, well i've had a look at the site, but I don't really see any details on how the API is used or anything?

I'm happy to integrate if it's straightforward and I can see how it's done :D

P

:D Sounds like your throwing a mission my way :rolleyes:

I'll ring the guy tommorrow. :P B) ;)

Cheers Paul! :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Coedy

probably a very silly question.

I have a SPV C550 running tomtom5.20. however i dont really like the poi warnings and database from pocketgpsworld...

im guessing from what ive read that this program will run in the background then pop to the front if it detects anything coming my way. then once i pass it it will disapear to the background?

also.

my handset (the C550) isnt using a network, at all. i finished with orange, aplication unlocked the handset and started installing tomtom on it. when my contract finished the handset still works but cant make calls, recieve calls, texts, gprs, anything like that (as it isnt really on a network).

(basically its my stand alone MP3 player/Navigation device :rolleyes: )

so how would i go about installing updates? as it will not conect using GPRS and it will not connect via activesync?

(unless of course theres software updates/DB updates available to download and transfer over....but then how will i know they are ready for download? while not being able to check via the handset?)

thanks,

and yes im perfectly aware that im awkward... <_<

Edited by Coedy

• 1 month later...
Sorry to be cynical, but if you want to not get caught by speed cameras, don't speed.

Great product though!

(a little off topic, sorta)

*sigh*

I used to drive a 1964 humber sceptre ... which you probably havent heard of

even in direct 3rd it was hard work to keep the car below 30 without labouring the engine,

and that from a long stroke motor with a 6 speed manual/OD transmission.

try it in a 3.2 litre Mercedes diesel... unless you have cruise, or look at the speedo every

second minute it isnt happening.

And as to cameras - we had a mobile camera where we used to work set up one day...

3 people, who have *never* had a ticket in their lives - lost their licences in the journeys

it took to get to work; go there and back to lunch; and leave work.

far as I am concerned cameras are a cynical attempt to get money via legal entrapment and

this application/setup is a great idea... I am just waiting until its an dealer option on cars...

Jemma

• 2 months later...

I seem to have a few issues with this working on the Kaiser HTC phone. It seems to lock the whole phone up when it feels like it and i only seem to get the speed information as i drove past 3 speed camera's and this did not show anything.

Is there issues using the program on WM6? or am i doing somthing wrong?

Guest Paul (MVP)

You need to use the Kaiser beta, in the CamerAware beta area on the forum.

I am going to be driving around with phone + laptop in car this week, fixing the 1 remaining issue before it goes a full release ;)

P

You need to use the Kaiser beta, in the CamerAware beta area on the forum.

I am going to be driving around with phone + laptop in car this week, fixing the 1 remaining issue before it goes a full release :(

P

Thanks Paul, i will see if i can download the beta version ;)

paul,

I have installed the software and this works now without locking up my PDA but i have not seen any speed camera warnings or alerts and i drive past 3 stationary and 2 spots where there could be camera's. Do i need to install any other software? i cannot see any options for downloading any other data?

thanks

Guest Deftone

Very interesting software ;) I like the look of it and how it works, the database of cameras doesnt include possible Mobile camera locations does it?

There is a company that has the same setup as you do in Australia, however it integrates the Speed Limit everywhere you go and tells you how fast your going, how fast you should be going as well as POI data such as Blackspots, Railway Crossings, School Zones (with variable times), Red Light Cameras, Bus Lane Cameras, Pedestrian Crossings, Services, Rest Stops, Toll Points etc.

http://www.speedalert.com.au is the software i speak of. Pretty cool stuff.

Great the amount of software these days out there which people can get up and running for such a minimal cost, and yet the subscription startup prices for such software is even cheaper than getting an actual fine!

Paul,

I have tried an update but nothing happens.. i will look back and see if the camera database is a separate download as i get nothing to update.

thanks for the help so far

Lol,

now i have re-downloaded the program, this is still the old one and has locked my PDA up. Maybe i should give up ;) when it was working i used the update option and it said that i am running the latest version but i did not give me any messages relating to the DB being updated :(

Paul i am such a wally,

I have now dowloaded the latest version from the beta forum and this is working fine,

When i checked the register option i realised i used a small c not a capital C so chnaged this and it looks to have downloaded something ;)

i will give it another go today and hopefully everything will be ok

thanks again :0

• 2 months later...
Guest Belgarath Krall

Saw earlier in the thread that there was some european mapping but to what extent is europe covered. Have been driving round france, belgium, germany, NL, denmark and sweden for 2 weeks - fun but knowing how fast when then always put km in tiny lettering on the speedo being told about cameras would be a great thing

separate question, how does the system deal with "favourite mobile camera spots", I know of a few places locally that they love putting mobile speed traps.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.