New FREE Utility - NoData

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest benmharvey

Can you provide the source code for this program at all? I would like to evolve it to add a feature that can let the user set a preferered network and if that network changes at any stage it will lock out all data connections until it changes back

Pretty much making it a automatic program to peoples needs

Having a small problem, I deleted some connections in wm6 settings and created new ones. When I go into NoData, it still shows the old connections. How do I go about deleting them?

Guest florisz

Hi all!

First of all I have to say that this is exactly what I was looking for on my samsung i600.

I have one problem why I can't use it. I don't want to unlock my phone, because then I would not only unlock it for NoData, but also for any other application.

The simple workaround I found that really works.(no data roaming bills after traveling abroad)

- Go to settings-more-connections-GPRS.

- change for all connections that are there the connection point to an unknown url. (for me: live.vodafone.com > live.vodafone.ccc)

- After turning the i600 off and on the phone will not try to make a connection anymore!

Succes and have a nice/relaxed vacation/trip abroad!

Florisz

Guest mikochus

Hi and sorry for my english. I need disconnect my GPRS connection from a .net application, I'm thinking in an application what i can launch from my application and disconnect my GPRS connection. I need disconnect and re-connect the GPRS connection from a apllication that uses Internet services in my windows mobile 6 professional htc pda. Can someone helps me???? thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I have installed this program in Omnia and it says

Error

NoData.exe

NullReferenceException

in NoData.frmMain.PopulateListBox()

in NoData.frmMain.frmMain_Load()

in

System.Windos.Forms.Form.onload()

in

What happen?

Edited by eRoS08

Guest GideonReisel

Hallo,

Ik heb NoData succesvol op mijn Diamond staan.

Heeft iemand een idee hoe je de email naar Wifi laat defaulten als door NoData de GPRS/UMTS uitgeschakeld staat ?

Ik kan onder accounts hem wel steeds wisselen tussen GPRS en Internet verbinding maar dat is niet echt handig.

Vreemd genoeg doet Opera dat wel uit zichzelf...

Alvast bedankt voor het meedenken...

Guest Confucious

This is an English forum - unfortunately I don't speak Dutch and I doubt if many others on here do. You are unlikely to get a reply unless you ask your question in English.

Guest Transform

I'm off to New Zealand in a weeks time and it would be a nightmare if data connections were active, not to mention costly! I was just wondering, I disabled my '3G' in the comm manager and then set nodata to disable my t-mobile connection. I now have a large 'G' in a white square. Does this mean that its deactivated or not?

I have tested with a browser and it says that it cannot connect with current settings. I know that sounds like its disabled but I just want to make sure incase I run up a costly bill. I was expecting some sort of 'X' for the icon instead.

Guest GideonReisel
This is an English forum - unfortunately I don't speak Dutch and I doubt if many others on here do. You are unlikely to get a reply unless you ask your question in English.

Of course, silly me ;)

OK: Translation:

I installed NoData succesfully on my HTC Diamond.

My email was set to retrieve mail via GPRS/UMTS, with the data now disabled I get (obviously) no connection.

When I change my settings to retrieve the mail from "Internet" it connects via WiFi so no problem there either.

But: Is there no way to let the email "default" to WiFi if the GPRS is disabled ? It is not user friendly to change the emailaccount settings every time I enable/disable GPRS via NoData....

The opera and explorer browsers take any connection available, why not the email ?

Thank for your time, appreciate a tip if available..

Guest peanutbutter

thanks for the great application, my XDA Orbit 2 used to keep connecting HSDPA or 3G Internet and start using data usage, it was costing me, so i did was went to my operator site disabled internet usage and used this application to disable 3 Internet and also changed my network preferences to manual and to connect only my Work Network which doesnt exists. Finally some relief a stop to data usage. Thanks again for great application.

this application is working perfectly for me it found 3 Internet quickly and toggled it with ease ;). I am happy now using Wifi which works great for my mobile.

Edited by peanutbutter

Guest antonenxo

If i understood well...it didn't work on omnia...oh no...pratically last night an unexpected data connection sucked away all my last 10€ of credit!!!!!! :wacko:

And sucked away even ALL the battery's charge!!! ;)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest meirionwyllt
thanks paul, this looks perfect as am just checking in to fly out to boston! one problem, when I try and download it using IE on my M3100 the resulting file is index.php and I cannot rename it in file explorer as the file extension is hidden?

cheers.....

ed

It will work then.

Edited by meirionwyllt

I downloaded the programm and with the original rom it worked fine. But now i istalled a light rom on my phone. It is wm6.1 and it doesn't work anymore. I get a nullReferenceException.

Isn't it compatible with wm6.1. I realy want to disable my gprs. Is there an other way to disable. Or to get NoData to work

HI,

I have downloaded this program for my HTC620 smartphone. I installed it from within the phone, but how do i run it.

Thanks

Quick, handy little application i've rustled up as i'm off abroad for a few days soon, and don't want to run up a huge GPRS bill.

It lists your GPRS connections, and allows you to disable them so that they won't be used.

Disable your connections before you leave, re-enable them when you return - piece of cake with MoDaCo NoData :lol:

Note that if you get bizarre registry errors on toggling, you need to app unlock your device (e.g. with SDA Application Unlocker).

P

[Edit 15/01/08: Now added Smartphone support (finally)!]

[Edit 29/03/08: Minor update]

nodata.cab