New FREE Utility - NoData

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest mynullvoid
Hi, I have tested NoData in Windows Mobile 6.5 and it doesn't work, do you have plans to support this tool?

Bests,

I am using Modaco NoData on my Omnia running Windows Mobile 6.5, I guess it works fine

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Confucious

The same way as you install any other cab.

It has been explained many times in this thread but I suggest you read some beginners guides.

Guest Transform

I just change the ROM on my Kaiser to TLR and now have no aata connections because it couldn't find my provider in the automatic connection configuration. Because of this No Data crashes when you try to open it. Just thought I'd let you know.

Guest jmamos

Had this installed on my orbit for 2 years and never a problem - got a HTC Touch HD this week and instaled and it is working OK except for when I run CoPilot it connects to the Orange GPRS even though it is disabled with NoData.

Any ideas?

Guest Shuflie
Had this installed on my orbit for 2 years and never a problem - got a HTC Touch HD this week and instaled and it is working OK except for when I run CoPilot it connects to the Orange GPRS even though it is disabled with NoData.

Any ideas?

I don't have co-pilot but the first thing I would check is the co-pilot settings to see if it defines its own GPRS connection, and if it does is there an option to use the default data connection.

Just had a quick look at the feature set for copilot and it looks like the only time it should be using GPRS is for live tracking, just turn this off and it shouldn't have to connect.

Edited by Shuflie

Guest jmamos
Just had a quick look at the feature set for copilot and it looks like the only time it should be using GPRS is for live tracking, just turn this off and it shouldn't have to connect.

I have been in and out of copilot about 20 times yesterday looknig how to turn it off - I have it set not to receive data, and can't find any other settings. The bit that makes it connect (I think) is on start up it checks for updates and I can't see any way to disable this. I have googled it so much too but with no luck, seen others complaining about it. I think on the orbit it wasn't an issue as the NoData just stopped it connecting.

I have removed my orange gprs settings for now but not the ideal solution obviously

Edited by jmamos

Guest barjazid

Hello all,

I'm new to this whole thing and I've read tons of stuff about everything, but my problem now is with a .cab file. Its the NoData program that on this thread. I've read and read through the posts. I have an HTC Tilt with WM 6.1.

I've followed the steps about installing a .cab file and I get it to my Tilt and open it up w/file explorer and there are seven files one of the called "setup" w/the Opera icon. So I click setup and it just opens up Opera with "file:/NoData/_setup.xml" in the url box with a white screen that never ends. There are no error msg's or anything, just the white screen. Do I need to app unlock, because I thought that 6.1 didn't need unlocking? Any help would be great. THANKS

Guest sd_wireless

Major kudos and mucha gracias. This is a great little app and I see it saving me a ton of money. Please do post when you have the QuidWare version ready for purchase and download.

Edited by sd_wireless

Guest Confucious
Hello all,

I'm new to this whole thing and I've read tons of stuff about everything, but my problem now is with a .cab file. Its the NoData program that on this thread. I've read and read through the posts. I have an HTC Tilt with WM 6.1.

I've followed the steps about installing a .cab file and I get it to my Tilt and open it up w/file explorer and there are seven files one of the called "setup" w/the Opera icon. So I click setup and it just opens up Opera with "file:/NoData/_setup.xml" in the url box with a white screen that never ends. There are no error msg's or anything, just the white screen. Do I need to app unlock, because I thought that 6.1 didn't need unlocking? Any help would be great. THANKS

6.1 has a really useful zip utility built in so it unzips any file that is zipped.

This is unfortunate because you need to run the .cab not unzip it.

If you select the .cab is there an option to run it? I'm sorry I don't have a WM device handy to check.

Guest Confucious
Is NoData also for NokiaE71???

Not unless you've managed to install Windows Mobile as the OS on your nokia.... :excl:

Edited by Confucious

Guest Confucious
Major kudos and mucha gracias. This is a great little app and I see it saving me a ton of money. Please do post when you have the QuidWare version ready for purchase and download.

You can donate by clicking the link in the first post.

Guest sd_wireless

I'm finding the same issue as another HTC user who posted in this thread... The data connection is getting automatically re-enabled. I've verified that data is disabled by:

1. Launching the browser and having it time out

2. Noting the lack of horizontal arrows at the bars indicating cellular signal strength

However, launching WiFiFoFum will automatically re-establish the data connection.

Is this a known issue? Is there are a way to prevent all applications from being able to re-establish the data connection.

Guest icecoffee

Trying to make the Nodata application work on the european vesrion of the blackjack1 (sgh-i600).

It is running WM5. I get a "this application requires a newer version of Microsoft.Net Compact Frameword" error. Has anyone been able to make it work on a phone like mine?

Guest icecoffee
Have you tried installing a newer version of Microsoft.Net Compact Framework?

Nope. Wouldn't know where to begin.... (what version to download, what version I have and where to download it from)..

Any ideas?

Guest hexydes
Hi, I have tested NoData in Windows Mobile 6.5 and it doesn't work, do you have plans to support this tool?

Bests,

I think I've run into the same problem. It installs and runs just fine, even offers to disable the connections...however, after disabling all of the connections, I close the app, run IE, and pages still load. :excl:

Obviously, I understand I'm running beta/hackware here, and I have no expectations/demands of it working, but I guess I want to know if it indeed isn't working, or if I'm just doing something wrong (I've used it successfully on two prior phones), or if it is not working, might there be an update in the future?

Guest askybaud

Hi, I'm a novice ! Good day to all.

I have installed nodata. Very good application.

I have a question: after installation I find e broken shortcut in programs named "Apptodate", it's normal ? With Cleantemp i removed it , but non data corectly working.

Thank's for your answer.

Bye Askybaud

Guest gloom83
Hello everybody,

I installed this NoData app to disable/enable GPRS/EDGE on my HTC S710 WM6 smartphone (I installed it once via the CAB file --> explorer and once with the CABviaActiveSync utility from Paul, but both times I have the same problem).

I have 2 profiles of GPRS defined.

When I run the application, I get the following error :

An unexpected error has occurred in NoData.exe. Select Quit and then restart this program, or select Details for more information.

And when I select Details, it says :

NoData.exe

NotSupportedException

at Microsoft.AGL.Common.MISC.HandleAr()

at System.Windows.Forms.Control._InitInstance()

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ListControl..ctor()

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ListBox..ctor()

at Nodata..()

Anybody any ideas what could be the problem ?

Or is it just not working on a WM6 smartphone (I understand it is developed for WM5 PDA phones) ?

Kind regards,

Hager

I have the same error. Please help me, what´s wrong. I have my first smartphone HTC S740 Rose and I need this soft.

Thank you.

Guest SdKfz.171

Hi, Paul,

thank you for the utility - I've just donated after 3 weeks of use - let's call it a trial period :D

Sometimes I've experienced mysterious GPRS re-enabling - I don't know, what could cause it. I have ASUS P552w (WM 6.1 Pro) and I perform soft reset approximately each two days. As I've installed NoData, disabled GPRS for WAP and Internet, and since then didn't care about it, I've been really surprised, when my phone connected to GPRS in an attempt to update bus timetable.

Any ideas how to avoid it? Maybe adding NoData (with some switch) to startup?