Screen alignment - M3100

Guest andyfitter

Guest andyfitter
Where does this alifnment problem happen? I only get it down the right hand side of the handset. So when I press the 'ok' icon the volume option opens.

For me that's pretty much it - Left hand edge is fine, and gets further out of alignment as you go across to the right. You then recalibrate it and it's ok, but it then drifts out again... and again. Makes the right scroll bar and OK buttons impossible to click at times.

For me that's pretty much it - Left hand edge is fine, and gets further out of alignment as you go across to the right. You then recalibrate it and it's ok, but it then drifts out again... and again. Makes the right scroll bar and OK buttons impossible to click at times.

Exactly the same as what I have. Orange have already replaced the handset and my replacement is the same. Should I ask for another?

Can this be resolved with a software update?

Guest richard_d
Exactly the same as what I have. Orange have already replaced the handset and my replacement is the same. Should I ask for another?

Can this be resolved with a software update?

You need another - it's a hardware problem - gasket around the lcd I believe.

Richard

You need another - it's a hardware problem - gasket around the lcd I believe.

Richard

Thanks for the info. This will be my 3rd replacement. It is becoming so annoying! :rolleyes: :(

Guest andyfitter
Thanks for the info. This will be my 3rd replacement. It is becoming so annoying! :rolleyes: :(

Just got my replacement... Would like to think this is the one that will fix it once and for all, but not exactly hopeful. One thing that did surprise me was that Orange wanted to treat this as a claim against my Orange Care policy, even though I reckon it should be a repalcement under warranty.

Guest richard_d
Just got my replacement... Would like to think this is the one that will fix it once and for all, but not exactly hopeful. One thing that did surprise me was that Orange wanted to treat this as a claim against my Orange Care policy, even though I reckon it should be a repalcement under warranty.

It's a straightforward warranty issue -a known problem acknowledged by the manufacturers.

Richard

It's most definately a hardware issue - as confirmed by HTC Europe themselves! It should, nay will (!) be covered under your warranty.

:rolleyes:

Guest bydandie

As I've said before, that's illegal. Within the first SIX MONTHS of sale, any fault like this will be classed as being a fault at the point of sale. The buyer has the option of a repair or replacement.

Guest RichardK

Hi,

Same problem here. Fine for about 2 weeks then alignment problem on right edge.

Called O support on 345 and strangely answered within 30 seconds!.

Took my details and have moved my enquiry to technical dept who will probably take weeks to come back to me and tell me to try the align screen program.

Also has anybody found their keyboard slider becoming loose.

Richard

Guest andyfitter
Hi,

Same problem here. Fine for about 2 weeks then alignment problem on right edge.

Called O support on 345 and strangely answered within 30 seconds!.

Took my details and have moved my enquiry to technical dept who will probably take weeks to come back to me and tell me to try the align screen program.

Also has anybody found their keyboard slider becoming loose.

Richard

I got a call back the next day as did the person above so you may be in luck.

And yes, my keyboard gradually got more loose over the 5 weeks I had it - both in terms of it accidentally starting to slide open in my pocket, and it also developing more 'play'. Think its just how they are.

• 1 month later...
Guest jonhitch

Just wanted to share my experiences too. As a number of other folk I started having screen alignment problems a few weeks back (had my SPV M3100 for about 6 weeks). After the frustration of a couple of weeks realigning my screen 2-3 times a day I decided enough was enough.

I went into my local Orange shop and told them about the problem. Thankfully one of the Orange staff had a M3100 and was actually having the same probelm. They called up Orange CS who immediately told me that a replacement would be sent out that evening.

Fantastic! The new phone arrived at 6.30pm that evening and has been working well since.

3 main things I've taken from this.

1. I'm really glad I chose to buy my last phone from the Orange shop. had problems with my previous Qtek 9100 and didn't want to have the hassle of sending off a phone for repair again!

2. Orange CS (although often understaffed) have been fantastic. they get a lot of stick sometimes on these kind of sites but I've had high quality service.

3. The screen alignment issue seems to potentially affect all Hermes phones. I will be a little apprehensive in a months time as to whether my current phone will start having issues too!

Jon

Guest tawse57
Just wanted to share my experiences too. As a number of other folk I started having screen alignment problems a few weeks back (had my SPV M3100 for about 6 weeks). After the frustration of a couple of weeks realigning my screen 2-3 times a day I decided enough was enough.

I went into my local Orange shop and told them about the problem. Thankfully one of the Orange staff had a M3100 and was actually having the same probelm. They called up Orange CS who immediately told me that a replacement would be sent out that evening.

Fantastic! The new phone arrived at 6.30pm that evening and has been working well since.

3 main things I've taken from this.

1. I'm really glad I chose to buy my last phone from the Orange shop. had problems with my previous Qtek 9100 and didn't want to have the hassle of sending off a phone for repair again!

2. Orange CS (although often understaffed) have been fantastic. they get a lot of stick sometimes on these kind of sites but I've had high quality service.

3. The screen alignment issue seems to potentially affect all Hermes phones. I will be a little apprehensive in a months time as to whether my current phone will start having issues too!

Jon

Good to hear you had good service from Orange on this but until I can see that brand new out of the box M3100s are mostly problem free I will be avoiding the M3100. Perhaps you could post back in a month and let us know if the replacement has developed any problems?

Guest jonhitch
Good to hear you had good service from Orange on this but until I can see that brand new out of the box M3100s are mostly problem free I will be avoiding the M3100. Perhaps you could post back in a month and let us know if the replacement has developed any problems?

I'll do that - I hope its something they've resolved. Had no problems with my Qtek 9100 (also keyboard based) so hopefully they've worked out the problem now and made some changes.

my voda v1605 has been sent off to voda who sent it off to HTC because of screen alignment problems, and a keyboard problem. been sent away for about 10/11days, ready to be picked up tomorrow. as yet i dont know if they have just fixed it or replaced it, or any other findings, i'll post up what they say when possible after collecting the device.

• 4 weeks later...