T-Mobile MDA Vario II

Guest autotim

Guest christhedon
If there is no wifi it should drop back to GPRS automatically...

Just tried it and it didn't work... I can only choose internet or work. If I choose work which is what my wifi connects to then it brings up modem settings. Are you saying I should change my Wifi connection?

Guest christhedon
Just tried it and it didn't work... I can only choose internet or work. If I choose work which is what my wifi connects to then it brings up modem settings. Are you saying I should change my Wifi connection?

Well I just tried what I suggested and that didn't work...

Guest Monolithix

I'm pretty sure you should have both set to Internet! I think i might have misunderstood you post futher up though. If you have wifi on, and connected, the device will use that first. If the wifi drops out it'll switch to GPRS. If wifi is availble but not connected i guess it doesn't try to connect.

Guest christhedon
I'm pretty sure you should have both set to Internet! I think i might have misunderstood you post futher up though. If you have wifi on, and connected, the device will use that first. If the wifi drops out it'll switch to GPRS. If wifi is availble but not connected i guess it doesn't try to connect.

it didn't switch to gprs when I turned off wifi... is this what u are saying it should do? have u experienced this?

Guest Monolithix

Nope it *should* do that. If wifi drops out it should automatically try to pick up connectivity from GPRS (which is behaviour i've experienced). What i meant in your quote was if there was a wifi hotspot in range but not actually connected to your device...