Rivia Fishopolis - Beta Testers needed

Guest rivia

Guest MrParis

Pocket PC: HTC Universal (o2 exec latest rom)

Screen: 480 x 640

What a Fantastic game was able to play on the mates Smartphone before I decided to try on my PocketPC.

Just a bit of feedback and for Info: I know note really out yet for PocketPC, however though I would try it on an HTC Universal (O2 Exec) but I was unable to startup the game but here is the log file from the directory if it's of any help.

12:57:16(400917),thr 0x72380FD6 : =============================================

12:57:16(400942),thr 0x72380FD6 : Log is started on 09.10.2006, at 12:57:16:000, executable: \Storage Card\Program Files\Fishopolis\Fishopolis.exe (ProcID: 0x724a8dfa), compile time : Oct  6 2006 13:25:22

12:57:16(400943),thr 0x72380FD6 : Couldn't initialize movement detection (3)

12:57:16(400947),thr 0x72380FD6 : Couldn't initialize GraphManager

Keep up the good work and hope you are able to produce a version for PocketPC. If I can be of any help please drop me an Email for any further testing.

Many thanks and good luck!!!

Ian.

Guest demusss

Name: Anthony Shackman

Device T-Mobile Vario 2

Installed onto storage card and icon was placed in Programs not Programs/Games.

Started up and looked ok. Tried to Press the screen to start but didn't work, had to press action key instead.

Fishes started moving around but left trails, and the background remained water looking (nothing from camera). In fact moving the phone around didn't do anything. After 90 seconds game kept on going.

The only way I found to exit was presing in the top right corner of the screen where the 'X' should be. Then it went weird. The icons at the top (phone signal, volume, clock) weren't there. Everything that was white, invluding the backgroung went transparent and was replaced by the camera view. Checked in running programs and it still wasn't running. Had to reset phone to get it back to normal.

Anthony

[edited to add log file]

Fishopolis_log.txt

Edited by demusss

Guest touficjohn

TJ

Device T-Mobile Vario 2

Installed it ran it ,in landscape and all the fish that are supposed to cross screen where all blurred and pixelated, when i tried to exit, instead of my usual background I got the cam underneath my today screen... :rolleyes:

Had to soft reset.

Fishopolis_log.txt

Edited by touficjohn

Very nice game!

I was playing it whilst my M600 was still connected to activesync via a USB cable. Every time it synced up I could see the little sync icon flashing in the top left corner from behind the game (so to speak).

I tried story mode and after a while it said 'game over' but then it showed me the fire fish screen again and went back to the first level. The 'game over' text was still visible though, and it hadn't reset my score, though I was able to shoot more fish and get more points.

Maybe you should have an option to reverse the x & y axis as the movement didn't feel intuitive.

Also, I couldn't find how to exit the game until I started randomly tapping on areas of the screen with my stylus.

I really enjoyed it though!

Meric De SIlva

Orange M600

Rom: 2.13.9.23 WWE

Guest daedalia

Excellent concept, could you imagine a First Person(or Fish) Shooter with this control system? Any chance of a Windows Mobile version? Wouldn't install on Magician.

Excellent concept, could you imagine a First Person(or Fish) Shooter with this control system? Any chance of a Windows Mobile version? Wouldn't install on Magician.

Unfortunatelly it won't run on 2003 devices, because there is no camera API on these devices.

Very nice game!

I was playing it whilst my M600 was still connected to activesync via a USB cable. Every time it synced up I could see the little sync icon flashing in the top left corner from behind the game (so to speak).

I tried story mode and after a while it said 'game over' but then it showed me the fire fish screen again and went back to the first level. The 'game over' text was still visible though, and it hadn't reset my score, though I was able to shoot more fish and get more points.

Maybe you should have an option to reverse the x & y axis as the movement didn't feel intuitive.

Also, I couldn't find how to exit the game until I started randomly tapping on areas of the screen with my stylus.

I really enjoyed it though!

Meric De SIlva

Orange M600

Rom: 2.13.9.23 WWE

Hello Meric,

Could you send me the Fishopolis_log.txt file from your smartphone to support [at] rivia.net ? It looks like it runs only on certain devices (other M600 user wasn't able to give it a go).

Thanks.

Guest Piotrek

Hi.

The game's idea is simply great. I've seen something like this but with shooting mosquitoes on a Siemens SX1 afair and i wondered if anybody made that kind of game for smartphones. Congratulations here.

The installation and running on my Orange SPV C600 didn't bring any trouble.

Ive played it for about half an hour and found one bug happened once:

On level three i've got only one life, ive shot about half of the 'fish meter' and oxygen ended. Meaning i should loose but the game kept on going and i simply could not shoot anything.

Also, the english 'briefing' texts have some minor language issues but nothing really bad.

Few ideas:

- make the bubbles come more often, ive seen only about two through the time i played.

- either make the fish a bit slower or the increase the sensivity. Its almost impossible to catch up with a fish that already passed the crosshair or in case you're really stubborn on hitting that one youve got to start turning like an idiot. :-)

- add the option to increase/decrease and turn on/off the sound volume

- if its possible, add the option to change the background brightness, in lamp light the background is almost black on my phone.

Other from that, nothing comes to my mind atm.

Miło, że ludzie w Polsce mają jeszcze fajne pomysły. Powodzenia w doprowadzeniu projektu do końca! :-)

---

Piotr Szczepanski

[email protected]

Orange SPV C600

Windows Mobile 5.0

OS 5.1.70 (build 14402.1.1.0)

Fishopolis_log.txt

Edited by Piotrek

Guest olborer

Well, all i can say is that's a great idea to use a camera in controlling a game... I could only imagine if something like this was in some kind of a flight simulator :rolleyes:...

I hoped the rest of the levels will be unlocked if i manage to complete the first 4... oh well....

a i zgadzam siÄ™ z tobÄ… piotrze...

[email protected]

SPV C600

Win Mobile 5.0

Edited by olborer

Guest SilentBob

OK, Had a chance to give this a proper go (and on my wife's phone too). Both logs attached.

T-Mobile MDA Vario (HTC Wizard)

Windows Mobile 5 AKU2

Great looking game. Having some difficulty getting used to the controls, but love the idea. Graphics & sounds were good, and the water effect over camera image were very good. However, points for improvement as follows:

- Icon placed in main programs folder, as opposed to games folder.

- No touch screen interaction. First instinct was to press on the screen to select start.

- Some user defined settings would be good. Camera sensitivity, sound fx volume, difficulty, etc.

- The WM5 navigation bar (at top of screen) still appeared to be active. Signal icon keeps appearing, and any touch to the top of the screen actions the part of the bar below.

- Was unclear how to quit a game (to return to menu). Found myself randomly touching various parts of the screen, and would either end up getting an option to quit the app completeyl, or would return to the today screen and task mgr would not show Fishopolis as running.

- After quitting the game, it still seems to have quite an impact on the device. Makes it slow to respond, and various parts of the screen keep appearing blank (white), such as the navigation bar. Only way to resolve is to power off/on (or soft reset).

- How about a hi-score table within each game mode?

I think that's about all I can remember for this device.

T-Mobile MDA Compact II (HTC Charmer)

Windows Mobile 5 AKU2

All of the above comments apply to this device plus the following:

- Camera image was reversed, which also reversed controls (left for right, up for down, etc). Made it completely unplayable.

- After playing the game and quitting it would occassionally change the device's display mode to landscape.

I have attached both log files to this post.

Thanks,

Simon Hardy

[email protected]

Edit:

Just remebered. On the HTC Wizard after failing to quit to menu and being returned to Today screen, I restarted the game but had no camera interactivity. Hence I had no background and couldn't move.

Fishopolis_log_HTC_Wizard.txt

Fishopolis_log_HTC_Charmer.txt

Edited by SilentBob

Guest brightanvil

Name: Fabian Toh, brightanvil[at]gmail.com

Device: Dopod 577W (HTC Tornado)

Results:

I have just started trying out the game. Overall, the game play wise was fine. However, there are 2 issues that I have discovered.

1st Bug:

When playing in Story Mode in Level 1 with 1 life left, I didn't not complete the mission objectives within the stipulated timeframe. However, that wasn't any prompt to inform me that I have failed the mission objectives. The 'fire' button stops working when the time is up, and I'm left with the screen of fishes swimming around.

Maybe some kind of 'Game Over' screen informing the player that the gameplay is over would be great.

2nd Bug:

When playing in Time Challenge, when the 120sec time limit is reached, I'm informed that the game is over. However, in the subsequent screens for any new games in Story Mode, Time Challenge or Countdown, the background of the gameplay area shows the words 'Game Over'.

Edited by brightanvil

Guest feoysolo

Name: Joshua M. Perry

Device: T-Mobile SDA US (Hump version)

Runs perfectly on my SDA. Installed on Storage Card and icon was placed in the "Games" folder as it should. I've been showing it off to all my colleagues at the office and they're all quite impressed. What a freakin' cool idea! I had no idea something like this was possible.

So far I haven't gotten very far, but I can attest that the first levels on Story Mode, Time Challenge and Countdown run flawlessly on my device.

Not sure if you need it or not, but I've attached my logfile.

Thanks for making such a cool game!

Fishopolis_log.txt

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone!

Thank you for providing the feedback about the Fishopolis - as always, without your help, we couldn't do much. The interest in the game is so big that all the free copies, are already taken. I will send e-mail and PMs to all of you who received a free copy of Fishopolis with instructions how to get the registration code.

I'm pound do announce that we've got new and final BETA version of Fishopolis (added new levels, options, new graphics, etc. :rolleyes: ). This will be the last BETA before the release version (for WM Smartphones), which is planned to go on Thursday/Friday, so grab this version and check if it has any bugs/strange behaviors and provide feedback to support [at] rivia.net.

All Pocket PC users, please note, that this version is designed to be compatible with Smartphone version, and the release version will be only marked as Smartphone compatible. However, there are some improvements in the PPC compatibility in the engine and just after the release we're starting to work on PPC version, so it won't take long before you will have fully functional Fishopolis :(.

Here are the links to the installers:

http://rivia.net/Products/Fishopolis/Fishopolis_Setup.exe

http://rivia.net/Products/Fishopolis/Fishopolis.cab

Please remove previous version using Start->Settings->Remove Programs dialog, before installing new version.

So Happy Testing and I'm looking forward to your feedback.

--

Best Wishes,

Mateusz Grzegorzek

http://rivia.net

Hello Everyone,

We've just finished working on the final version of Fishopolis. Once again thanks for your help.

Here are the links to the final version:

http://rivia.net/Products/Fishopolis/Fishopolis_Setup.exe

http://rivia.net/Products/Fishopolis/Fishopolis.cab

Please note that this version is compatible with Windows Mobile 5.0 Smartphones. The Pocket PC version should be released in few weeks, and if there will be PPC Beta availble , you will be the first to know.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Guest Daniel R. H.

The game works great but the first 2 times I tried to ran it on my Motorola Q the game crash related a driver problem, now the game works with no problem.

Very interesting game control, is an alternative way to user the phone!! I LIKE IT! :)

Hello,

We have created new version of Fishopolis for Pocket PC. It should run without any problems on HTC Wizard and HTC Prophet clones, on other phones it probably won't run properly, but please give it a try, and give any feedback to support [at] rivia.net.

Here are the links to the installers:

http://rivia.net/Products/Fishopolis/BETA/...polis_Setup.exe

http://rivia.net/Products/Fishopolis/BETA/Fishopolis.cab

Please remove previous version using Start->Settings->Remove Programs dialog, before installing new version.

Looking forward to your feedback.

--

Best Wishes,

Mateusz Grzegorzek

Ok,

since there wasn't any comments about new version - we releaed it as Fishopolis 1.1. That would end the BETA testing, but if you find any but - feel free to report it.

Here you can find information about new version:

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?showtopic=248499

Thanks for your help!

Mateusz Grzegorzek

Edited by rivia

Guest awarner (MVP)

After registering the game exits and you have to reload to play.

Also any chance of being able to rotate the screen in a future update for the Pocket PC?

After registering the game exits and you have to reload to play.

Also any chance of being able to rotate the screen in a future update for the Pocket PC?

Thanks for the info,

Hmm, after registering the game shuts down, but it should restart - I'll digg into that.

The screen rotation is supported, however, you there is no option for that in the Options dialog.

If you run it when the PPC is in Landscape it will run in landscape.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest 1319987654321

Great idea and game! :D

I got some idea and suggestion :D

About the sensitivity , how about make a "Calibration Mode"?

For example , you make two points on screen , then the user will move their phone at a desired rate , the program automatically set the sensitivity (poor expression , forgive me)

I think the target is a bit small

i'd prefer a bigger & faster target

The story mode is not challenging enough to me (may be I am at the early stage :P )

How about a difficulty option?

Also,I got some ideas about this game

challenge players' accuracy (dont miss any shot)

maybe more games like Quick & Crash

I played this game using dopod 577W w/ wm5

In the press any key part if you press a key rapidly it wout proceed to next step ....but who cares ? :)

It WORKS GREAT!

Sorry for raising tons of challenge without offering any support

(If you want to translate it to trad.chiniese , I can help if you wish to give me the opportunity [email protected])

Edited by 1319987654321

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.