Orange Issues - Post your complaints here

Guest Orange Issues

Guest Confucious

Interesting - I can make out thge odd word of your post but the font you have used is unreadable on my screen.

Welcome to the forum.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Eriktheviking

ive been with orange for 7 years and have two contracts with them, both high user. i never really seem to have any problems with them, well nearly. The other day my navigation keys on my m700 went, i couldn't use any of them, 14 months into an 18 month contract. i phoned them up and said it has broke, after asking me all the usual stupid questions they said it was faulty and agreed to send out a new one, ON MY ORANGE CARE. eerrrrrrrrrrrrrr no, i said this is a warranty issue and not an insurance claim and that the £15 you are trying to change me as an "orange care admin fee" doesn't apply.

I argued that under the sale of goods act 1979 orange should replace, or fix my phone free of charge as the phone obviously wasnt fit for use as it hasn't lasted the time intended for use - 18 months, and can you wave the £15. After 4 calls back to orange they finally waved the charge and said i will have to put a note on your account saying we have waved a charge and in future you will be charged. I again stated the sale of goods act and she said that if you take orange care you wave the right to a manufacturers warranty, i said this was illegal and she replied that if it was illegal then orange wouldnt do it and claimed i know noting about the law. The fact im taking law as a degree obviously makes me know nothing.

• 2 months later...
Guest Jasonkruys

Is this thread still active? I have a serious complaint against Orange on behalf of my mother..

To cut a long story short, after 58 days since the original request, 8 separate outgoing phone calls to Orange, 1 incoming call from Orange, and planned disconnection from the service after 31 days notice, my mother STILL does not have the phone unlock code that she has requested.

Each time she telephones, she gets a different story which basically offers no real explanation as to why she does not have it yet, and a promise that it will be delivered in 'x' number of days. A large part of the problem is that it is very difficult to speak to someone that is not indian (no offence intended) and able to communicate effectively and outside what seems to be pre-defined responses. On one occasion the operator informed her that she could see the code on the screen, but was not allowed to tell her what it was, and that it would be in the post the following working day (this again proved to be false information (a lie?) as 15 days later it still has not arrived). On another occasion, we were amazed that someone actually called back (after about 40 days since the original request) that seemed to be able to offer assistance. He (I cannot recall his name) spoke to me, and suggested that he would 'fast-track' the request which would take 3-5 days and ask that it be sent to him or one of his team, who would then text it to my mother and follow on with a phone call to ensure that she has recieved it. Unsurprisingly none of this happened.

One operator suggested she do it herself by going down to one of the phone unlock stalls on the market. In desperation, she tried this, to be told that in order to unlock her particular phone it needed to be opened up to gain access to a test point, or unlocked with a code from the operator. She was not keen to have her phone opened (and why should she need to take this action?).

What on earth has happened to Orange CS? I imagine that if she was ever able to get past the first line and speak to someone with whom she could communicate the issue effectively, it might actually get sorted out.

So far she has had to buy a phone to use on the new network (albeit a cheap 20 quid heap o'crap), and we have paid a tenner or so on websites for software/codes that haven't worked...

Is there an address that we can write to that might actually effect a resolution to this problem?

Edited by Jasonkruys

Is this on PAYG or Contract?

When I left Orange I was stil within my contract so had to pay £20 for the unlock code for my N95. This was emailed to me in a couple of days...

PAYG is mostly Indian call centres, although I believe they are going back to using uk centres for most things soon.

• 1 month later...
Guest Johnboy42

The volume on my Nokia 6300, on an orange contract has reduced to almost nothing, Orange said "You need a care contract, £30 0ne off fee and £6 monthly"

Went to Nokia service centre, the phone was cleaned out, full volume restored, no charge.

Orange are only interested in grabbing your money, Nokia care about customers.

The volume on my Nokia 6300, on an orange contract has reduced to almost nothing, Orange said "You need a care contract, £30 0ne off fee and £6 monthly"

Went to Nokia service centre, the phone was cleaned out, full volume restored, no charge.

Orange are only interested in grabbing your money, Nokia care about customers.

Er... Orange only swap phones out if you have Orange care. If you took it back to where you got the phone from they are obligated to send the phone for repairing or replacing.

Any Nokia Service Centre will repair your phone providing it isn't water damaged.

This is the same way that any network operator runs.